Rising in a female world (inf...

By C0rundum

The IS technology has changed the world, completely overthrowing the previous order of things. Now, in a worl... More

A/N
The first day of school.
Chapter 2
Not a chapter
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Important decision/Update
Chapter 6
Quick question
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
What do you prefer?
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
A/N
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Vote results
Chapter 16
Chapter 17: Recovery plans
Chapter 18: A new step
Chapter 19: Pushing forward
Chapter 20 Back to square one
Something more people need to know.

Chapter 5

9.4K 121 26
By C0rundum

A/N: So many possibilities will open up from here. I might need some extra time to choose our of them all

Chapter 5 The Silver Gospel

You followed Tabane as she entered a tunnel and began making her way below, shouting for her to stop. However, at one point no more footsteps could be heard in front of you. You turned around and an arm suddenly wrapped around your mouth. The cloth of the clothing was also covering your eyes. Your assailant ran a few meters holding you in that position, before jumping somewhere. As your feet hit solid ground once more you began struggling.

"Shh..." the person said. It was Tabane. But what was she doing? 

You couldn't hear a thing because of the arm around your face. Weirdly enough your head had also been moved on a soft surface, which you couldn't identify. Luckily it didn't take long for Tabane to let go of you. She had been holding you against her chest and while you would've normally been flustered what was happening below got your attention instead.

"Very good. Now, let's discuss the battle plan. Amongst you pilots, who has the fastest speed." Orimura sensei asked. Information about an IS was displayed behind her.

"My Blue Tears." Cecilia responded. "It just so happens that the Strike Gunner pack England sent over had a high-capability sensor equipped with it as well."

"Alcott, how long have you been training under supersonic mode?" the homeroom teacher asked.

"Twenty hours."

"U...that's indeed suitable" she pondered, preparing to end the planning.

At that point Tabane let go of your hand fully and hung upside down from the beam you were standing on. You avoided looking down due to her... attire."

"HOLD ON, HOLD ON! STOP WITH THAT STRATEGY!" She shouted.

"...Yamada-sensei, please forcefully escort that person out." Orimura sensei ordered.

"Huh? Ye-Yes! Ah, Professor Shinonono, please get her down first." Yamada sensei said, a little confused.

Tabane did a somersault, somehow pulling you down alongside her. After you both landed she began speaking.

"Chi-chan Chi-chan, my brain's now printing an even more brilliant plan!"

"...Get out." Orimura responded.

"Listen to me, listen to me! This is de~fin~ite~ly the time for Akatsubaki's debut!" Tabane said.

"What?" Everyone asked.

"Look at Akatsubaki's specs! It can fly at supersonic speeds even without additional packets."

Holographic screens appeared around Orimura sensei, displaying the data Tabane was talking about. Even the main screen switched to show Akatsubaki's data.

"Adjusting Akatsubaki's Fold-Out Armor...change change change! See? The speed will be great now!" Tabane said. It was unbelievable how childish she sounded sometimes.

"Fold-Out Armor? What's that?" some of the girls asked.

You decided to intervene in order to avoid more confusion and said:

"The base construct when activating the Reiraku Byakuya of Byakushiki's Yukihira Niigata is also fold out armour. Or more specifically a prototype."

"Thank you little genius! Now, the kind-hearted Tabane-san will start explaining. First, the 1st generation frames were aimed to 'complete the IS'. The 2nd generation is to 'diversify according to the different equipment'. Next, the 3rd generation carries unique weapons that are controlled by the pilot's imagination, including air-compressed weapons, BiTs and AIC. And the 4th generation are those all-purpose frames that don't need a change in equipment. Right now, it's still on the planning phase." she said.

"Hol-Hold on a minute. I remember that all the countries finally managed to enter the 3rd generation phase after so much experimenting. Why have we jumped all the way to the 4th generation now?" Ichika said.

"This Tabane-san isn't just an ordinary genius! This is just an appetizer from me!"

You grabbed your suitcase and pulled out your laptop, typing a couple of lines. You managed to override tabane's program and displayed Byakushiki's data. Tabane looked at you, a little surprised. She probably wasn't expecting you to succeed in hacking her program.

"If we look at Byakushiki's change in specs after the activation of the Yukihira Niigata we can presume that Akatsubaki can double its specs using fold out armour." you said. "Alongside changing between different configurations on the fly and based on combat situations..."

As you began thinking Tabane clapped excitedly. She definitely seemed happy you understood her technology.

"Indeed. And if the Y/N-kun helps me finish the setup for Houki-chan's IS she could get Li-kun and Byakushiki there in no time."

You heard your name being mentioned and looked up, before bursting into laughter. Everyone there was dumbstruck as you kept trying and failing to stop.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I finally realise what this situation is." you said. "I'm sorry, but I don't have time for your games, Tabane. In fact my own research is a lot more important and urgent than your...quirks." you continued in a serious tone, turning around to leave.

"Wait! But what about the plan?" Cecilia asked. "You're part of it."

You turned back and looked at everyone with arrows in your eyes. No one else commented at all. With all the people there silent you explained.

"Here's a plan for you. Just wait. After some time the AI will override the hack and you just need to retrieve it. Simple and clean. Nobody gets hurt." you then continued "Oh. Tabane! I'm waiting for you to give me my sister's core back, otherwise I'll get it myself."

You then walked outside the room unopposed. Not even Orimura sensei mentioned that the information discussed in that room was to remain secret, instead looking down. For whatever reason the conversation you'd had with her the previous evening.

"No. That couldn't be it. It's not important." you told yourself.

However, thinking about it had caused you to lose your way and you now found yourself in an unknown corridor. Breathing in slowly you attempted not to panic.

Chifuyu Orimura's POV

I was just closing everything in the meeting room. Whoever was in the security room must've been at least a little concerned about all the hacking that had happened to the place. Regardless, nothing had been stolen or broken so it would likely be considered a glitch.

I was about to turn a corner when I heard a soft sound. With caution I went the other way to investigate. Soon the sound became more clear. It was a speaker on something, beeping in a pattern.

"An S.O.S call." I realised.

A few minutes later I arrived at the source to see Y/N. How had he gotten lost? It was uncharacteristic of him.

"Thank you for coming. Unfortunately I happen to have gotten lost." he said, maintaining a professional tone.

"...That's not necessary now Y/N." I replied, emphasising the empty space.

"It is only appropriate behaviour." he responded, waiting for me to lead the way.

I left with him behind me. Surprisingly his relatively young age didn't show anymore now, after his outburst. He was walking mechanically, thinking about something else.

"Your sister would be happy to see how responsible you've gotten." I said out of the blue.

"Orimura sensei. Your concern is a natural reaction, but I don't need to be looked after." he replied with a scoff.

I was a little shocked. Before his sister had disappeared Y/N was just like everyone else his age. Sure, he was a little more mature all the way back then, but that didn't interfere with his sense of humour and moments of accomplishment. But now he had gotten a lot more unforgiving with himself. Even the first time I had gotten a call from him after so long he sounded different.

"You spent so much time travelling alongside your sister and I. I'm concerned as a friend. Not of your sister. Your friend, I hope."

"...We did go through some funny stuff together." he reminisced.

I smiled a little. He was right. We had been through some very unexpected situations together. Many of which not even Ichika knew of. And that was the main difference between me and Selena. She has decided to protect Y/N by thrusting him head first into her new lifestyle from the beginning and keeping him close, while I wanted to make sure Ichika wouldn't have to ever deal with such problems.

"I want to apologise for what I said last evening. I should know better than anyone you could tell if it's too late, since I also went through a similar situation with Ichika's kidnapping."

"I'll forgive you this time Chifuyu. But please, don't stop me." Y/N replied.

"I... I'm going to help how I can. And I'm sure Tabane is also concerned about you in her own way. So try not to push away the people who care..."

By this time we were on the beach, where the girls were carrying equipment around and Tabane was working on the Akatsubaki with what looked like a portable laboratory.

Your POV

"I guess I should try..." Y/N replied. "But that doesn't mean I'm OK with this whole crisis and the plan."

"Why though?" Chifuyu asked.

"Houki gets a new IS with a lot of experimental technology and suddenly another unit is hacked? This is all so obvious." you replied. "But I guess since the request came from the government it would be hard to explain. So this plan is amongst our only alternatives." you shrugged, thinking about it a little longer.

Chifuyu nodded. She had probably come to the same conclusion. As you approached the group she slipped back into her teacher persona, going up to Ichika and punching him in the back of his head.

"If you have nothing to do go learn how to carry out a high speed battle from Alcott." she ordered.

While Ichika was stumbling towards the British girl you went up to Laura and grabbed her box, moving it to a certain spot.

"What's the matter?" she asked, seeing you eager to get the rest of her equipment.

"A good soldier always has a plan B ready." you said, remembering your days in Germany. "And for that we need to add your artillery pack to Schwarzer Regen. In the meantime could you get Lingyin and Charlotte?"

"What's the weak link in this one?" Laura asked.

"Houki." you replied simply.

The girl left after hearing the response. In the meantime you prepared a schematic on the computer to explain your idea fully.

"We're all here. What is it?" Lingyin and Charlotte said, returning alongside Laura. You'd have to remember to thank the girl later, as they somehow both seemed ready to cooperate.

"I'll need you to install your packs. Here's the backup plan I've come up with." you said, showing the girls the computer.

After they looked at the schematics and you explained everyone's position you moved on to the next aspect, displaying the data for the Gospel.

"All right. Weapon systems. The main thing to watch out for is the multipurpose thrusters. They can act as cannons for wide range attacks. And while we're at it they increase the mobility of the unit to levels above Byakushiki's..."

"Wait? How do you know so much? And why do you have that data?" Lingyin asked.

"One of my algorithms allows me to analyse the specs of an IS and predicts certain aspects regarding its equipment." you explained.

The girls looked at you in surprise and maybe a little admiration. Although the latter was uncertain. Regardless, you dressed your voice and continued...

"That's... extremely detailed." Charlotte said after two minutes, when you finished explaining.

"Unlike Tabane I can't allow so much room for error. After this initial encounter the IS would presumably be much more aggressive." you said. "And now comes the most important part. I have made this plan with your training in mind. You are IS pilots, so no trying to impress your boyfriend over there." you said, pointing to Ichika.

Laura crossed her arms and scoffed, like she used to in Germany when she didn't agree with you, while the other girls said:

"Hey!!"

You left and got to the other group after Houki and Ichika had activated their units. You went straight to Cecilia, listening to the conversation next to you in the meantime.

"Even so, it's good that we're here. If Ichika's with me, we can do anything. Isn't that right?" Houki said excitedly.

"Well, that's right, but Houki, the teachers already said that this isn't training. We don't know what will happen in the actual battle, so we have to be really careful..." Ichika said, acting as the voice of reason for once.

"I know that. What's wrong? Are you scared?" Houki teased.

"Of course not. I say, Houki..." Ichika began, only to be cut off again.

"Haha, don't worry, I'll send you to the destination properly. Just wait calmly."

You rolled your eyes and dragged Cecilia aside without much ceremony.

"What are you doing? Don't just come up behind me like this!" she said.

You stopped and got your computer, explaining the plan to her as well. She was about to give a very... harsh reply if her face was anything to go by, but saw the other girls prepping their units behind you and nodded.

Timeskip

The moment you had been both fearing and expecting came around 15 minutes later, as Houki radioed in on the public channel:

"Ichika's hurt. I'm coming back."

The return trip took longer than the first, even though Houki was just carrying Ichika, and not his IS as well. Still, ten minutes after the duo touched the ground you contacted Laura on the frequency you'd agreed to use for the mission.

"How much longer until you're prepared?"

"About an hour. Why?" she asked.

"I'll be away for a bit. Contact Germany and have your military track the Gospel starting now."

"Roger!"

You went to the room Ichika was being held in after hearing what had happened from Yamada sensei and saw Chifuyu at the door. She was clearly trying to withhold her distress, swallowing with effort.

"He's going to be fine. It's only a theory, but Byakushiki seems to be protecting him." you said and she sobbed a little.

"How...?" she asked.

"I don't know. It simply looks that way from what I've seen on his diagram." you replied. "You'll get your chance to see him alone, just let me solve a problem." you continued, entering the room.

Inside Ichika was laid on a bed. If not for the bruises on his face and a faint, unidentifiable smell, it would've all appeared as if he was just sleeping. Houki was sitting next to him, already in her academy uniform. She was muttering to herself:

"Ichika is like this... because of me..."

"You are right. This is your fault." you said, causing the girl to flinch and look at you. The usual piercing gaze was gone and replaced with anxiety.

You let the words sink in. After noticing a lack of sarcasm, or attempt to excuse herself, or even just a sound of disapproval from Houki, you continued.

"You were a girlfriend trying to impress her boyfriend, overconfident, put people in danger due to considering yourself to be superior to them... You do not deserve to have a personal IS." you then said in a completely flat tone.

"It's... it's true. I don't want to... pilot the IS again." Houki said, letting her head down and holding out her inactive unit.

"...Heh. You seem to have passed your first test." you said, softening your tone a bit and closing her hand around the accessory.

"What...?"

"These moments are when the IS becomes a reasonability. A burden. When the time to fight comes you're not fighting for yourself, but for everyone else. After all, only an IS can beat an IS." you said. "So now it's time for you to realise this and help solve your screwup."

Houki looked at you with determination. But, unlike the last time, it was tempered. She wasn't eager to leave and fight, but realised it was necessary. She followed you as you headed back to the beach. Laura was dressed in a black military uniform, as opposed to her usual pilot suit. Rin was also nearby, having finished. You approached the latter.

"Mind giving me some help with a tuneup Lingyin?" you asked.

"Oh. Just call me Rin." the girl said. "...You actually managed to get her here." she continued as Houki summoned her suit.

"Yeah. So the plan remains unchanged." you said, while Rin was pulling up the control panel for you.

You began working on limiting the deployment of fold out armour and made some other adjustments to optimise energy consumption. In the meantime Rin was telling the girl what the plan was.

Half an hour later everyone left, flying silently and close to the ocean surface. Subtlety was key until the first shot, considering the failure of the first attempt.L

Laura'sPOV

I was currently around 5.5 km away from the target, aiming the cannons on my Panzer Cannons pack. This was slightly outside the optimal range.

"Just remain calm. It's going to work." Y/N reassured me through the radio. While he couldn't actually be here he was monitoring the events, ready to call in a teacher if need be.

I wrapped my fingers around the trigger a little more confidently and let out the shot. It didn't take long for confirmation to arrive.

"First bullet is a hit. Keep shooting!" Cecilia said.

I kept pulling the trigger as the enemy unit approached. 4000m... 3000m... 2000m. I kept shooting, landing some decent attacks, although the Silver Gospel seemed unphased. At around 300 meters it suddenly accelerated, trying to use its superior mobility to catch me unprepared.

I smiled...

Cecilia's POV

With the help of my extra thrusters from the Strike Gunner pack I managed to get in close and strike the IS just before its hand reached Laura. The unit reoriented to doge the bullet but Charlotte was prepared and jumped off my back, launching a close range attack with her shotguns. The Gospel stumbled left and right, but soon retaliated with the Silver Bell.

I evaded the explosive projectiles and quickly turned my attention back to the target, shooting towards it. Just then the smoke around Charlotte cleared as well.

Charlotte's POV

"Oh sorry, but this Garden Curtain won't to be taken down so easily!" I said, deactivating the energy shields or my defensive pack and using the rapid switch to summon a Gatling canon and counterattack.

With the simultaneous assault from me, Laura and Cecilia signs of damage were finally showing up on the unit.

Rin POV

We were waiting under the sea for the moment when the Gospel would change strategy, but a transmission suddenly came through.

"Move! Now!" Y/N said.

As I was about to ask why we weren't sticking to the plan Houki listened to him and moved. Without much choice, since she was the one carrying me into position, I prepared to deploy my cannons. As soon as we reached the surface of the water the robotic voice of the Gospel announced:

"...Changing priority. Now setting 'escaping air space' as priority."

I shot just as the voice was finishing the sentence, the recoil pushing me downwards, a couple of salty droplets splashing my face. Houki flew after my bullets, using Ignition boost to keep up. While the Gospel was preparing for it's biggest attack the shots hit it and Houki managed to cut off a wing under their cover.

Houki reached Charlotte as the enemy IS was using its remaining wing to launch an assault. While the projectiles weren't piercing the curtain taking continuous fire wasn't a good idea.

"LAURA! CECILIA! PLEASE!" Charlotte shouted.

"DO YOU NEED TO SAY ANY MORE?" Cecilia asked.

"LEAVE IT TO US!"

Laura and Cecilia moved forward to back up Charlotte who was backing away, and shot from both left and right sides. Cecilia used the high-mobility mode to shoot, while Laura exchanged fire with her cannons.

"IT'LL BE OUR TURN ONCE THE ENEMY STOPS!"

Next I attacked with the Souten Gagetsu to slash, also letting out the close ranged diffusion cannons to fire the target's multi-thrusters on the Silver Bell.

"DIE!!" I screamed, taking the train of energy bullets. While they would've posed a bigger threat before, with only one wing left I managed to get closer and cut off the other wing.

However, the IS managed to hit me with a thruster powered kick and smashed my shoulder armour, sending me tumbling to the ground.

"RIN!! DAMN IT!" Houki shouted as she was hacking away at the Silver Gospel.

To be continued...

A/N: Sorry about the abrupt ending. I'm having problems deciding if I'll put Ichika in this or have him get 2nd shift some other way.

Also, so far I think Houki and Charlotte will be paired up with Ichika. If you want to suggest other characters to replace one or both of them comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 2.9K 14
Note: This is a girls of Nier Automata x male reader Description/Summery (Y/n) (L/n) is a Human with a microcomputer that was implanted inside his he...
11.7K 412 16
A biologically engineered young man wants more than anything to become an Ace Mobile Suit Pilot. Will he survive, or succumb to this twisted civiliza...
75 3 21
This book is is written in the far future were war is raging throughout the world permanently halting all innovations. Humanity wanting to finally br...
1K 28 89
In order to live, Yasmin who was reincarnated as Aeon must find a way to survive when thrown into a web novel. The only helpful knowledge offered by...