The Girl Who Never Smiles | ✔️

By ImagineSass_15

{COMPLETED!!!} "She's just a little too scared to get close because everyone who said they'd be there, left."... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
TGWNS Playlist
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
1.1K
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Bay's Letter
Epilogue
MUST READ!!
107K views, 4K votes
Bonus Chapters🎉🎉
Bonus Chapter *Asher's POV*

*Bonus Chapter* Thanksgiving

8.9K 359 34
By ImagineSass_15

6 years after the epilogue....

"Issac, where are you taking me! I have been blindfolded for an hour. I'm probably sweating out my mascara by now." I complain and wipe my clammy hands on my pants. 

"I thought you liked being blindfolded. Well at least you did last week." He says and I can hear the smugness in his voice. 

"Screw you!" 

"That was so last night Bay. No need to get excited. You can wait a few hours." He retorts and chuckles.

Rude motherfracker.

Ignore my use of words. I had to learn over the years substitutes for curse words because I would want to curse out Issac, but the kids were around. Now it's just a habit, I guess.

He guides me by his hold on my arms. The crashing of waves and the squawking of seagulls are the only things I can hear, along with some chatter of course. The pungent scent of salt is in the air, which further indicates that we are near water. 

Maybe a beach.

"Issac, we have to pick up Blake from lacrosse practice. We have to get Aurora from piano today. Isla is still with the sitter. We don't have time for adventures and stuff right now."

"Woman, let me do my thing. Stop worrying. Lately, you have been so stressed. You have worked long and hard on the clinic and you have barely had time to breathe and reconnect with yourself."

He is right. For 6 months straight, I have been at work on creating a clinic for teenage girls and woman to come to get free medical examinations. They could get free gynecologists checkups as well. I went back to school to get schooling to become a certified gynecologist and just 9 months ago, I was certified. 

I really want to do this because I know that when I was really young, like at the age of 14, I didn't get a gynecologist checkup. I had my first check up when I was like 15 turning 16. Thank god nothing was wrong with my health.

"Where are we?" I ask him again. 

He releases his grip on my arms and begins to untie the blindfold. It takes me a minute to adjust my eyes to the bright light, but when I do, a gasp leaves my lips. 

Issac has brought us to a humongous white yacht at the end of the boardwalk. The yacht looks to have 3 floors. Maybe there is more. Each floor is illuminated with a blue light.  The yacht stands so high and tall on the sea that it is quite intimidating and I wonder what the other yacht owners thought when they saw this new yacht that is way larger than theirs beside them. 

"Issac, wha- what is this?" I ask and turn around to face him. His dark hair flows along with the light breeze in the air and his grey eyes twinkle with happiness and admiration as he stares down at me. 

After 21 years, he still has that same twinkle in his eyes when he looks at me. After 2 decades, he still looks at me with love and adoration. I don't know about anyone else, but to me, that's pretty cool. 

"How could you get this? I mean, it must cost like a gazillion dollars. How could you keep this hidden? I mean, how could i not know that you were buying a yacht. I probably would've saw a billion plus dollars being deducted out of the account.  I mean, we aren't that rich?" I ramble. He looks down at me with a quirked eyebrow and his arms crossed over his chest. 

"Okay, that's not true." I mutter, remembering the amount of zeros I saw on Issac and I's paycheck. Him and I get paid just for making public appearances. Like when we do interviews together or I go to press conferences with him, we receive a check in the mail from his publicist. It's quite weird actually.  "How much was this?"

"I'm not telling you. I didn't even buy it." He said and shrugged.

"Then who did?" I ask and place my hands on his shoulders.

"My mother." He smiles and looks behind me at the yacht with a sad smile on his face. 

"Your mom?" I ask, confused. 

"My mother didn't only leave behind a video for me to watch when I was 18 along with money from her offshore accounts. A few weeks ago, her lawyer called me, wanting to meet with me at his office. I went and he explained everything. My mother really wanted me to find someone who I was happy with. So, basically when I got married and stay married, faithfully i may add, to that person for a certain amount of years after the wedding, you know just to know that it's permanent and real i guess, I would receive the yacht that she got when she was 25 from her grandmother. This is the yacht."

I turn around and stare at the boat that holds much sentiment to Issac. This boat is another piece of his mother that he is receiving. It will never fill the mother-sized hole in his heart that his mother's passing left him with, but having certain things that meant something special to his mother will really help him.

Even if its a gazillion dollar yacht. 

I really wish I could've met Issac's mother. She had such an influence on Issac and his personality. She still does. From what Issac and Isaiah told me, she was a vibrant, effervescent, and down-to-earth woman. She was a family woman and she didn't let her financial status(wealthy) get to her head. She treated her son with the same respect as a homeless man. She wasn't perfect, but because of that, so many people loved and respected her. When she died, it was not only her immediate family that was devastated. It was also the charities and programs she volunteered at. She really had 'set the world on fire'.

"So does this yacht have a name?" I ask and look back up at Issac. He peels his eyes off the yacht and looks at me. 

"Sarah" 

That's his mom's name. 

I take Issac's hand in mine and squeeze it as an offer of comfort. Sometimes words are not enough. Sometimes a hug, a kiss, and even holding someone's hand is just enough. 

"Come on, we got some people waiting for us on the yacht." He says and and begins walking toward the yacht.

"Wait what? We're having a party on Thanksgiving?"

"No, but our kids are waiting for us on that boat. And I bet they are quite hungry." 

 "What about you?" I ask and glide by thumb against his hand slowly. I fix the strap of my sundress on my shoulder to prevent it from falling off. I look at Issac's shirt that matches my light blue sundress.

"What I'm hungry for is not on the menu." He says and looks down at me. I shake my head and bite down on my lip to prevent myself from smiling at his innuendo. He sends me a wink before placing his hand on the small of my back and leading me up the stairs and into the yacht. 

"I should warn you now that Isla was pretty excited to be on a boat for the first time." 

"I knew we should've taken the cruise to the Bahamas last year so that she could be familiar with sea life. She really wanted to see the dolphins. What if she gets seasick?"

"Then I will hold her hair back like I did you." He replies smoothly and squeezes my hand. 

"Aren't you just a charmer today?"

"Only fo-"

"MOMMY!!" A loud scream sounds, causing me to jump. Isla runs over to me, her wild dark brown hair flowing behind her and her light pink dress complimenting her sun kissed brown skin. 

"Happy T'sgiving mommy" Isla greets me and she holds out a turkey shaped card that has 'Happy Thanksgiving' scrawled on it in pink crayon. 

I don't know what's more adorable. The fact that she made me a card for me or that she can't even say Thanksgiving properly.

I bend down to my daughters height and gently take the card from her. 

"Thank you. Ti amo tesoro"(I love you treasure)

She wraps her small arms around me and buries her head in the crook of my neck. My heart swells with love and warmth as my daughter embraces me. Tears well up behind my eyes and it takes everything in me not to bawl out crying on her shoulder. She pulls away from me and looks at me with her light grey eyes, just like her father. 

"Come on, we have to go and eat. They made pumpkin pie!" She runs off and disappears around the corner. 

I stand back up and look up at Issac.

"Who's 'they'?" I ask him and we start walking to the direction Isla went in.

"You'll see." He says and bites down on his bottom lip to hide his smirk.

We turn the corner revealing a wide dining area. A table that could hold 16 people is in the center of the room. A velvet tablecloth rests elegantly on the table. 5 plates are placed on the table and Aurora, Blake, and Isla are sat at the table in front of a plate of food that is covered by a food cover as they have an animated conversation.

I sniff the air smelling something familiar, so familiar that it touches my core.

"What's that smell? Is that...tiramisu?" I ask and look at Issac, who is leaning against the wall. Tiramisu is an Italian dessert that is made with coffee, cocoa, egg yolks, and savoiardi.

He looks at me with a devious smirk on his face and then he shrugs.

"Did you have them cook Italian food?!!" I yell, feeling myself get excited. His smile stretches out on his face and his eyes light up. He runs a hand through his hair and looks away from me and at our kids. The sun hits his face perfectly, making his eyes look a perfect shade of light grey.

He is so damn handsome it's a sin.

"I figured since last Thanksgiving, we had Jamaican food, this time we should have Italian. Next year, it's English food."

"Thank you thank you thank you." I embrace him, resting my ear against his chest and listening to his heartbeat. " thank you thank you thank you thank you. I love you I love you I love you." I squeeze on his lean waist, feeling his taut skin  underneath his shirt.

"Let's go eat." He murmurs in my ear. I pull away from him and with his hand in mine, I walk over to the table to begin Thanksgiving dinner.

....

".....and they all lived happily ever after. The end."

Issac closes the book and rests it on the night table. He pushes the covers up to Aurora's chin and kisses her forehead. Her eyes flutter close and Issac gets up and turns off the lamplight.

Issac turns around and looks up at me. A smile stretches out on his face.

"You could take a picture. It could last so much longer." He says with a smugness in his voice.

"Bite me Evans" I roll my eyes and look behind him at my daughter who has fallen asleep. Issac walks closer to me and rests his hands on my waist. With his body so close to mine, I could feel the heat radiating off of him and warming my own body. I look up into his grey eyes.

"Is that an invitation Mrs. Evans?" He asks and leans down resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"Issac...the staff are just downstairs." I warn, feeling my heart beat speed up.

"Then let them hear." He murmurs and gently bites down on my neck. He brushes my neck with his nose sending shivers up and down my neck.

"Oh Jesus." I mutter. I move back away from him and rush out the room.

Breathe Bay breathe

"You can't run away from me." He says, his footsteps quick behind me. I walk into the living room and plop down on the couch. I pick up the remote and turn on the TV and immediately the news comes on.

Issac sits down beside me and drops his arm around my shoulder and pulls me close to him.

"Blake down?" I ask and look up at him.

"Yup and so is Isla." He looks at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I know that look. You have 3 looks. One is the 'are you kidding me?' look, there is the 'that was wrong now go and fix it' look, and 'you are turning me on so much that I'm blue' look." He chuckles, showing off his teeth. "Stop looking at me like that Evans"

"You're an Evans too." He says and brushes his thumb against my shoulder.

"Whatever." I move out of his hold and rest my head on his lap and face the TV. I press the button changing the channel to the Lifetime channel.

Issac runs his fingers through my hair gently and I feel my whole body relax under his touch. I replay all the events of today in my head. Beginning at the breakfast in bed I received and  only waking up to an empty  house. Issac and the kids were gone before I woke up. Issac left a note for me this morning telling me to go to Grand Central, where I will find my first surprise: chocolate covered pretzels to snack on for the day. Then more notes all around the city that all ended up leading me to the boardwalk where he surprised me with the yacht.

I still wonder how I could've been so blessed to be married to him and have such a wonderful family. Even when I am miserable and annoyed at the entire world, he manages to calm me down and make me feel grounded. He keeps me centered and gives me a full support system and I provide the same.

Now I'm not saying that we have a perfect marriage now. I have gotten pissed at him multiple times. One time, I left the house and didn't return until morning. He sent a police squad to search for me all around the city, which was absolutely ridiculous. We argue, we yell at each other, we deliberately piss each other off sometimes, but at the end of the day, we patch it up, pig out on Nutella and then watch 90210.

I look away from the TV screen and I shift my body and look up at Issac. He peels his eyes away from the screen and looks at me.

"What happen?" He asks.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking about everything. Today like I can't believe you set this all up. This is beyond amazing. God, how could I measure up to all of this?" I gesture to the yacht.

"I have one way how you could repay me for all of this." He says, huskily and leans down and places a kiss on my neck. I quickly get off of him and stand up.  I stand in front of him as he sits in the couch.

"Bay, you're killing me here." Issac whines and runs a stressed hand through his hair.

"Nuh-uh. I'm mad at you." I tell him and rest my hands on my waist.

"And why is that?" He asks, with a quirked eyebrow.

God, why do you have to look so damn hot when I am trying to be angry with you.

"Cuz' you left me alone this morning. I woke up on Thanksgiving morning without my husband laying next to me asleep with bed hair and drool like I dreamed. You're so mean!" I complain to him with a pout on my lips.

"It's only because I was planning the most amazing thanksgiving for my wife. Who knew I would  get a yelling at and blue balls in return" He sits up and holds onto my waist bringing me close to him until my legs hit his knees. 

I refuse to let him make me sit on his lap.

"I wanted to wake up next to you Issac. Don't you get it? YOU and our little family is what I am thankful for. And though, I am extremely grateful for the big yacht trip and the Italian chefs and the smell of the sea all around me, I wouldn't have minded staying simple this year." I look into his eyes to find a hint of sadness and uncertainty.

 "Don't get me wrong. I loved the trip." I put my hand on both sides of his face so he could look at me. " I love everything about today. But waking up to you everyday and going downstairs to have breakfast with our kids and taking long walks in the park. Those little moments, I love and hold dear to my heart because I am so thankful to get the opportunity to have that. To have you, 3 kids, and to be so blessed. But I missed my favorite part of the morning." 

"Are you mad? Sad? Annoyed? I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sor-" I say to him, but he cuts me off.

"Bay, its fine. You were honest, which is completely fair and I won't hold it against you. Communication is what makes this marriage strong. I should've thought about that, but I really wanted to do something big and I wanted it all to be a surprise." He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. 

"Issac, its fine. Don't stress. I am loving everything. There is always tomorrow morning. What I care about is what we do tonight." I add in slowly and look into his eyes. He looks into mine and tightens his hold on my waist. I lower myself on his lap slowly and wrap my arms around his neck, bringing him closer. His breath fans across my face and my eyes flutter close.

His thumb brushes against my cheekbone. "You're so beautiful" He whispers. My eyes flutter open to meet his eyes. 

"YOU and Aurora, Isla, and Blake are what I am thankful for. Thank you so much for giving me everything I've ever wanted Bay. I love you so so much." He leans and connects his lips with mine. He kisses me slowly, yet passionately. Butterflies erupt in my stomach and I can't help the smile that makes its way to my lips.

After all these years, my stomach still burst into a fit of butterflies every time we kiss.

"I love you more amore" I say to him against his lips. I pull away and hug him close to me, inhaling his cinnamon scent. 

Issac puts his hands underneath my bottom and sits up on the couch. He stands up, with me in his arms. I wrap my legs around his waist and rest my hands tightly on his shoulders.

"Where are we going?"

In my defense, this yacht is huge. I mean, there are not 3 floors like I initially thought. There are 5.

"To bed." He yawns. 

"Just to sleep?" I ask quizzically.

"Believe it or not Mrs. Evans, but I am also tired. I have been up since 6 am after all." 

We walk up the stairs and walk down the corridor to our room. He twists the knob and opens the door and walks into the room. Of course, Issac and I have the biggest room. The king sized bed takes up a good portion of the room, but the rest is occupied with couches, a TV, dressers, etc. And also an ensuite. 

Issac doesn't bother to turn on the lights and he just leads us over to bed, almost as if he has night vision. 

"How can you see in the dark?"

"I can't. I'm just praying on the powers of chessburgers and fries that I don't fall over on my ass."

I stifle a giggle as he places me gently on the bed. I scoot back and get under the covers, feeling sleep weigh down on my body wanting to consume me completely. Issac gets under the covers and lets out a loud yawn. 

"I'm surprised you have been able to restrain yourself for so long."

"Ha ha. You just wait till we get off this boat." 

I cuddle up closer to him and wrap his arm around me, enveloping myself in his natural heat. We lay in silence for a while, listening to our breathing and the light splashing of the waves against the boat. 

Issac's breathing turns steady. He probably fell asleep by now. 

I can't believe he woke up at 6 am to plan all of this. It's pass midnight, so he has been up for hours on end. He got the Italian chefs, the boat, the notes and the adventure all around NYC. He even sent me to Brooklyn! And then Blake and Aurora's beautiful poems they made at dinner that they read to us was beyond beautiful. 

I wonder where they got their writing ability from....

I just can't believe how blessed I am to have everything that I have. It still baffles me to this day. I never would have thought at 17 years old that I would marry my high school sweetheart, have 3 awesome-sauce kids with him, and be a pediatrician/ gynecologist. I really am blessed and holidays like these remind me that I should be thankful for everything because everything I love could be taken from me in the snap of your fingers. What I have here, in this moment, is something that I will cherish and hold dear.

I rub my hands over Issac's arm, feeling the tickling of his arm hair on my soft hand. I'm glad that he is finally getting some rest. He deserves it. 

"Happy Thanksgiving Issac. I am thankful everyday that fate lead me to you. I love you so much." I murmur and kiss his arm. I know he won't hear me, but it doesn't matter. I will tell it to him everyday anyway.

I let my eyes flutter close and slowly let the sleep consume me. 

It wasn't until the last moment before I fall into my deep sleep that I heard...

"I love you too tesoro. Happy Thanksgiving to you too my love."

And just like that.

I fall into sleep with a smile on my face and warmth in my heart. 

****

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!

This is the time where we give thanks to the 4 big F's. 

1. Family

2. Friends

3. Food

4. Faith

I hope you are all surrounded by family, love, and warmth on this amazing holiday. This shouldn't be a holiday you spend alone. 

I hope you guys loved this chapter. I loved writing it and living in my characters again. 

Anyway, I may start making bonus chapters for Christmas and Valentine's day. And of course some here and there in other POVs like Asher's, Zoe's, and you cannot forget our most loved character Victoria Hughes.

Are there any questions about the book you want me to answer? Any questions about anything? Just comment below and I will create a chapter(Q&A) where I answer them.

Thank you guys so much for getting TGWNS to 133K views and 5.13K votes. That is so crazy, but so amazing. I am so grateful and thankful for all of your love and support. I really couldn't have done this without you guys. You guys are the Iris West to my Barry Allen.

Ok, lemme tone down on the corninest( is that even a word?).

Anyway, I hope you guys stick around for any new books I may come out with. I have a whole list of book ideas just waiting to turn into books and be published on Wattpad so I hope you stick around for the ride.

Love you❤️❤️❤️

Until Next time....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 102K 52
"You look good wearing my last name." My jaw slacks open and the bell rings then, him smiling a lopsided grin before grabbing his bag and strutting o...
135K 5.9K 26
FORMERLY TITLED "FATUM" Chosen as a Wattpad Featured Story in May 2017 There's a reason high school senior Athena Thorpe spends every available momen...
323K 11.5K 50
Newton needed an apple to discover the Law of universal attraction. I needed Alex Carter to discover the attraction. Alex Carter, THE BAD BOY. Do I n...
10.8M 609K 43
*Completed* "I just want to know why." I say as I turn over, trying to find his figure through the dark of my room. "Why what?" He asks. "Why you'...