THE ALPHA'S TOY

By HarlowsCandle

Just read the prologue, my dudes. Contains mature content and mental BDSM, 18+. More

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1 : Dealing with a man child 101
Chapter 2 : Dealing with a social justice warrior 101
Chapter 03: Dealing with trailer trash 101
Chapter 4 : Dealing with a passing grade.
Chapter 5 : Dealing with concealed intelligence 101
Chapter 6 : Dealing with a bipolar 101
Chapter 7 : Dealing with mild irritabilty 101
chapter 8 : Dealing with forced makeovers 101
Chapter 9 : Dealing with inhuman force 101
Chapter 10 : Dealing with mutual spite 101
Chapter 11 : Dealing with core temperatures 101
Chapter 13 : dealing with consecutive mishaps 101
Chapter 14 : Dealing with oneself 101
Chapter 15: Dealing with war 101
Chapter 16 : dealing with new found insecurities 101
Chapter 17 : Dealing with wolves (part 1)
Dealing with wolves (part2)
Dealing with wolves (part3 )
THE ALPHA'S CAPTIVE
Dealing with wolves (part4)

Chapter 12 : Dealing with repercussions 101.

86.3K 2.4K 1.4K
By HarlowsCandle

With everything that's happened lately, I'm sad to say one little detail had completely slipped my mind.

Alexander's makeup quiz was the day after tomorrow.

Mister Henderson made his way into the classroom shortly after Alexander walked out. He found me in class, holding onto the bag Alexander gave me with my head throbbing. He looked me up and down then headed for his desk.

"Impeccable timing, Miss Spencer, come over here!" he put his bag down and started getting a stack of paper out of it.

I hesitantly walked towards him. Since he's already here, I won't be able to head for the locker room to change into my uniform. Let's hope no hall monitor walks into class for no random reason right now.

"yes?" I quickly asked, he started flipping through the papers then got one out and looked at it carefully. He then gave me a disappointed sigh before shaking his head.

"you've been distracted lately.."

I frowned.

What the hell is he on about?

"I beg your pardon?" I encourage him to explain more and he simply handed me the paper.

After I took one mere look at it, I almost immediately went into cardiac arrest.

I felt like I was thrown out of this dimension straight into the blackest hole ever.

Remember that quiz we took where I forgot a couple of key questions?

Well, apparently, I didn't just forget questions; I also answered a few wrong. I stared at my paper with the giant, red, circled B- on it.

I've never seen such a thing in my lifetime. My name next to a grade that wasn't an A+. This was a completely foreign concept to my eyes. They didn't know where to look anymore. They forgot they were eyes for a second and I felt them try to roll out of my skull to tackle the wilderness on their own.

I'm going to have a panic attack.

"This has got to be a mistake" I deny.

I refuse to accept this grade. He better grade it again because when I did it in my head, at worst I figured I would get an A-. I flipped through my quiz to search for what went so damn wrong.

I finally spotted some mistakes, they were so idiotic and silly I never in a million years would have made those in my normal state. I had trouble recognizing my quiz paper.

Was this garbage really mine?

"oh, there has been plenty of mistakes alright" Mister Henderson scolded, "but not from my end.."

I could do without the attitude right now you steaming piece of dog shit!

Ok, that was uncalled for. He did nothing wrong. I need to calm down.

"These mistakes were very out of character for you Miss Spencer. Missed minus signs, wrong formulas and forgetting to convert measuring unites before applying them, as well as completely forgetting questions. You were out of focus. "He sat down on his desk and put his glasses over his nose.

"I'm starting to rethink my decision of pairing you with mister Miles. Although the results on his side are amazing, you're getting distracted by him."

The possibility of losing Alexander as a lab partner scared me to death for some reason, more than the awful grade I was facing. And I hated that. Since when did I become like this?

Just a few weeks ago, I was begging Mister Henderson to get Alexander as humanly far from me as possible. Now I didn't want to hear the rest of his speech, it physically hurt my heart.

"If this is some sort of hopeless teenage romance I would advise you..."

"YOU'RE JOKING!" I interrupted and he cocked an eyebrow at me.

That statement hit a very sensitive cord, again, for reasons unknown.

I got very pissed. Not pissed at the accusation but pissed at the fact that someone was catching on to something.

"Teenage romance?..With that flaming pinhead? The only reason I'm out of focus is because he keeps messing around with the material and I'm scared he'll blow the lab out!" I almost shout.

The things I was saying, I didn't even believe slightly. I felt like a stranger to myself.

Why am I getting defensive?

He looked at me carefully, like he could read right through my act.

For crying out loud, give me a break!

A tall, hot guy, who uses his incredibly sultry voice to say sweet things to me all the time. He tries to seduce me every chance he gets and I know it's a game to him but I'm merely a teenage girl.

I can hardly keep my own feelings in check.

"Mister Henderson, I admit, these past few weeks I've been slipping down but I'm trying! I'm trying to stay focused" I pleaded.

I swear to god. I'm doing everything I can. Just don't take Alexander away before I can figure this shit out myself. Because if he does, I feel like I will not have closure and maybe then it'll really turn into a romantic issue for me and then I'd be screwed.

"Well, if you ever need more motivation for that, this should help.." he handed me another paper and I gasped.

There's no fucking way. I must have slipped into a parallel earth.

This was just a giant, hurtful, ironic slap to the face from life itself.

It was Alexander's quiz paper, he had an A+.

"He answered everything correctly, just like you used to.." Mister Henderson continued and the door of the classroom opened. A few of my classmates came into the lab and I breathed in.

"Mister Henderson, this is the first and last B- I will ever have" I assured.

"With your last C+ and this B-, you've started straying away from the honor roll list. Here's hoping you wake up from your denial. I'm not saying you can't be attracted to mister Miles as it is natural, but don't let it consume you to the point where it puts your future jeopardy, you're a smart girl, you understand what I am saying" he advised and although I hated his guts at that moment. He made a good point.

"Thank you for your guidance!" my jaw clenched as I said those words and headed for my lab table.

To be fair, I get to hate him right now all I want. He's the one who paired me with Alexander, but then again, I took that quiz myself and all of the mistakes were mine. I know when to take responsibility for my actions.

Ok Alexander, this officially makes him a rival!

He skipped the first period and it pissed me off.

We needed to talk about his makeup quiz. He better be ready. I can't have a C+ and a B- all at once. It's looking too alphabetically diverse in here for my taste.

The following period, I managed to change into my uniform and finally felt warm and at ease. I went out to look for Alexander. I searched up and down the hallways and couldn't find him.

Did he go home? Is he going to miss a whole day of class too? Fuck, I need to make sure he's ready to take the quiz. It's crucial!

Suddenly, I made a terrible mistake.

See, I went to check if his car was still at the parking lot outside, and that was the moment I felt like I just took five bullets to the heart. Once I got to his car, the view that offered itself to me was agonizing.

Alexander was in his car, his door was still open. He was sitting at the driver's seat but there was a girl with him. She was standing in between his knee. Kneeling towards his face and I couldn't make up the detail but from the movement, they were making out.

I searched for the nearest trash can so I could throw up if I had to. I felt my stomach turn and the bitter taste in my mouth wouldn't leave. I just turned around and made my way back to class without him seeing me. I wanted to just ignore my existence for the remaining of the day.

But I forced myself to focus.

Your performance can't suffer because of him anymore. It's stupid. Time heals. Next time you're taking an exam, you're going to regret not paying attention in this particular hour.

I can't hate life. I can't look forward to go to bed right now. I need to be in the classroom, paying attention to what the History teacher is saying. I need to keep my thoughts in this space.

God help me, it was hard. But I managed.

A few slips here and there where I'd look out the window to the giant clouds and remember what I just saw and it would make me want to cry but I focused even harder on the Early Chinese civilization lesson.

Willpower. You've got this. Easy.

He showed up for fifth period and although I didn't want to see or talk to him. I had to.

I can't believe I let this jerkwad put my future at risk. What is the matter with me?

I went to him as stiff as a pole and starred down at him. He was sitting with River at his side. He looked up at me as soon as I neared him.

"The makeup quiz is the day after tomorrow." I announce, stern and he crossed his arms on his chest. Giving me a view of his huge biceps but I didn't look.

"Nervous are we?" he teased and I kept a straight face on.

"This is no laughing matter and I'm not in the mood for humor" I stated, unfazed and he leaned in.

"Then what are you in the mood for, doll! I will be happy to oblige.."

"I'm in the mood for making you take responsibility for your grades, by all means, do oblige!" I answered without losing a beat. He frowned and leaned back on his chair, annoyed with me.

"What's with the uptight attitude? I thought I shook that off of you.." he growled and I nodded.

"You did for an instant! And I applaud you for that, but I'm bringing it back"

He suddenly smiled at me then tilted his head to the side.

"How much did you get on Henderson's last quiz?" he asked, pinpointing exactly the reason for my change in behavior.

I hate smart Alexander sometimes.

"that's my personal business" I explain.

"It's my personal business as well since we're sharing grades; I need to make sure you won't bring my average down" he sassed and I almost jumped at him to strangle him with his Hoodie lace.

He was giving me a taste of my own medicine and it tasted hella bitter to be on the receiving end of that speech, to say the least.

That really hurt my feelings. I never thought it was that rude for me to say those things to him. His smile got bigger at my expression.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" He goaded and I rolled my eyes. Is he insinuating I hurt his feelings whenever I called him a dumass? Well, good!

I sat down facing him.

"I once read an entire psychology book so I can learn how to deal with you" I groaned.

"..and what book was that?" he frowned.

"The complete guide to working with idiots" I stated seriously and a chuckle escaped River's lips but he quickly muffled it and Alexander smiled while dropping his head for a second before looking back at me. His eyes met mine again and I felt a tug in my heart.

He was just one pretty motherfucker.

"I love you a little more with each conversation.." He bit his lip and it honestly felt like he meant what he said. I narrowed my eyes at him and glared dangerously.

I wasn't trying to be funny right now. I really did read that book thinking it'll help. And I'm tired of the seductive words, because they work a little.

"Since you're not actually an idiot, the book wasn't much help, but now that I know what I'm dealing with, I'm picking up the bible on my way home.." I hissed and River laughed again.

"Oh wow, she's getting awfully close to the truth.." River finally entered the conversation and Alexander chuckled. It was music to my ears.

Ok, he smiles all the time, and don't get me wrong, his smile is damn gorgeous but his actual laugh was heavenly.

"Yesterday, she said I wasn't human.." he told him. They seemed highly amused.

I didn't understand the joke obviously but this little detail will come back later in the story. Just hang tight.

I stayed put until Alexander and River stopped laughing. He then raised his eyes towards me.

"Look, if you're so worried about the quiz, why don't you drop by tomorrow at my place and we can cram" He suggested and I lowered my eyes.

I know for a fact he's going to nail it unless he deliberately decides not to. Cramming is useless. He's basically asking me to his house to hang out at this point.

And this is where I swallowed, hard.

I know I said no more letting him distract me. But at this point, I was becoming very clingy towards his presence. And the proposal was just too tempting. It was near perfect too. Hang out with him under the excuse of studying.

What more could I ask for? And it's for the sake of my grades.

So, to make the guilt a little less heavy. I'm going to establish a rule.

No fucking around. Study. Even if it's useless.

"Okay" I agreed and he smirked.

And so, the next day, I knocked on his door at 6PM after school.

By now, I knew his neighborhood pretty well. He forced me to come here for three consecutive days the other week.

I suddenly remembered that the last time I came in here, he got me undressed and slammed me against the floor to embrace me. I wish I could go back to the time where I was genuinely annoyed by his presence. That time, him doing that got me upset and irritated. If he tries that now, I'm pretty sure I'll be glad.

That thought scared me.

The door opened and I was expecting to see Alexander but it was River. He let me in and went towards the kitchen. As I followed after him, I could make up bits and pieces of a conversation a few guys were having in there. To be fair, it was echoing through the halls and they were really loud. I was just about to wonder whether or not I should wait in the hall when I heard a voice shout.

"Chase, you can't go around starting fights with other packs, you're going to get yourself killed!" A manly voice scolded and I flinched at his tone.

Damn, this dude's angry.

"I'm glad I fished him out of there at the right moment!" Another man added, calmly.

"I could've taken them down!" I'm assuming this was this Chase guy they were yelling at who was talking, since his tone was defensive and guilty. He sounded like a 14 year old little kid.

I also kind of recognized his voice but couldn't make up exactly where I heard it.

"This isn't how we test our strength" the first man continued "Think about the repercussions. Alpha would have had to deal with their leader whether you won the fight or not!"

The Chase guy snapped suddenly and I heard a chair fall on the ground. I'm assuming he was sitting down before bursting and getting up. I stopped walking and just stood near the entrance of the kitchen. 

Should I just wait in here? It sounds heated.

"So what, we're not scared of them! Xander could easily kill literally anyone he wants!"

I jumped at that statement. I don't understand anything and I'm damn fluent in English. I have no freaking clue what has just been said. "Easily kill anyone"? Is he a homicidal maniac or something?

"that is besides the point" the second men was now talking, "we do everything in our power to not provoke another out of control slaughter spree from soon to be Alpha, and then you go and do something like this, what's the matter with you?"

"They trespassed on our territory more than once" Chase attempted to weakly defend one last time but his voice got lower as he spoke.

That's when it clicked.

The voice from this Chase guy. This was the guy who opened the door for me the first time I came to Alexander's house. The naked guy who was yelling something about people walking across their territory and who thought I was there to sleep with Alexander. He even referred to me as "another bitch".

"guys!" River interrupted while getting inside and I hated him for that because I was very interested in the conversation.

What the hell kind of shady business is going on down here?

I'm guessing River interrupted so that I couldn't hear anymore. Since I was busted, I walked into the kitchen hesitant and finally saw the people in the flesh. All looking at me. Although the conversation made little sense to me. I made out the general idea.

Chase was the younger guy standing next to the fallen chair and the two men were opposing him on the other side of the table. Now that I was looking at him all dressed, he did seem like a 14 year old boy. I'm guessing he started a fight with some people and these two guys broke it off and were now scolding him.

I don't see the big deal. Kids fight all the time. They were talking about wiping out people and getting killed. What the hell?

"Guys, this is Alexa." River introduced "Be nice to her for your own sake.." he warned and I frowned.

What's that supposed to mean?

"Is this the girl?" The first man asked, gravely and I backed off.

"The girl"? What is that about?

"Yup" River nodded "He punched two guys for almost touching her, he's not repeating the same mistake this time..." He chuckled and I pursed my lips.

Thanks, River. That's real smooth.

Also, what "same mistake" ? God I feel like a Martian. 

I'm guessing that festival story had been told in this house and now I'm the clumsy idiot who caused a fight.

The first men came towards me and smiled.

"Hello, I'm Roger, this is Berry" he introduced the man next to him and I blinked.

"Hi" I awkwardly said with a smile. They seemed overly polite to me and it threw me off.

"We will be taking our leave! River, please watch over him" The second man nodded towards Chase who grumbled.

Chase started lifting his chair from the ground but he suddenly took a couple of sniffs towards me then jumped.

"That honeysuckle smell, you came here before!" He exclaimed and I fought the urge to sniff myself too.

He smelled me? Jeez!

Honeysuckle, just like what Emily told me. This is so weird because Victoria said the same thing but I don't use anything that smells like it. No soap, shampoo, deodorant, perfume, sanitizer or moisturizer that smells like honeysuckle in my possession.

"Yeah, you were naked and you called me a bitch!" I smiled.

I wasn't bothered by that last part, actually. He's a kid.

"I said "bitch" because I didn't catch you were human..."

"Chase!" River interrupted and Chase turned towards him confused. River was now glaring at him.

"Um..Okay.." I frowned.

See, here's the funny thing about miscommunication.

At the moment, I thought he was using the term "Bitch" as an insult, as in a girl that nags, complains and is plain rude. I myself, proudly identify as one sometimes. And I didn't take offense. It's fine.

But he actually wasn't being rude; I just didn't catch his drift.

It didn't occur to me that he was using the literal definition of the word "Bitch", as in a female dog or wolf. It's understandable. Why would I ever think that? How on earth would that thought even cross my mind? It didn't at all at the time.

I genuinely thought River glared at him because he thought the joke was rude to me, but he was mad at him for something entirely different.

I was so clueless back then.

But hang in tight, because this little detail is going to come back later on as well.

"You just wait until Xander gets here!" River threatened and Chase got genuinely scared then slowly sat down on his chair like a kid who couldn't do anything right.

"Speaking of which, where is he?" I asked and River checked his watch.

"He'll be back in ten minutes, wait here!" River asked while brushing passed me then turned towards Chase one more time, "and you, watch your mouth!" he warned, "If he says anything weird, don't mind it, Alexa!" River droned. Seemingly tired of Chase's attitude and I smiled.

Chase actually reminded me of my little half-brother, you know, the one my dad left with. And hell, I missed him a lot. They're probably the same age.

Chase folded his arms over his chest and looked down, his foot now furiously tapping the ground.

After River left, I slowly walked towards him. Feeling slightly empathetic.

They came down on him way too hard if you ask me. You don't get two grown men to yell at a child and intimidate him. That's not how children learn a lesson.

They need to be treated like individuals that understand, and then they'll make an effort to actually understand even if they don't at first.

"I'll get them next time!" Chase said to me and I breathed out.

See, he's already thinking about going right back out and doing the same shit he got scolded for two minutes ago.

And he's even telling me that, because I'm an outsider who witnessed him being yelled at, and it must have been embarrassing. Now he's going to prove to me that he's not afraid of anyone.

Ok, I'll handle it.

"you're right! I'm sure you could've kicked their asses, whoever "they" are" I shrugged.

"They're not even that strong. I already beat up two of them before Berry came in and dragged me out!" He dived into the conversation with me head first to confirm my words and I sat down, facing him.

"That must've sucked, lame Berry, getting all in your business! Now they think they can do whatever they want" I went in with him. Don't worry. I know what I'm doing.

"Damn it! They must think that they're the shit now! I would have wiped the floor with them!" Chase was getting angrier.

Good. Let it simmer.

"I guess seeing you get pathetically dragged out by an authority figure must have been a funny sight to them, especially if you were winning, you're basically a joke now..." I confirmed and Chase got up, pissed.

"I will die before I let them get away with disrespecting me or our borders!" Chase looked my way, his fist clenching, "cover for me, honeysuckle girl!" He continued and I clenched my jaw.

It's "Alexa", you stupid brat!

"Sure thing!" I nodded, bitter at that nickname.

In the span of a second, Chase was out the door. Leaving me alone in the kitchen.

I gave him a five minute head start. Then I made my way to the door that River took in hopes of finding him but before I could do anything, Alexander walked into the kitchen from the other entrance; he looked at me then smiled slyly, "There's the little kitten.", he came down the two stairs in front of him "Did you wait long, i'm sorry..", he apologized then smile again "I must say, you being in my house makes me happy!" he neared me and I frowned.

See, these are the kind of comments that make my body confused at what it wants to do. I felt all warm inside. He leaned forward to give me a greeting hug and I pushed him back with my elbow.

"We saw each other this morning in class, no need for this." I backed off and he frowned like a disappointed child.

Yeah, cry me a river.

"you know that Chase kid.." I started and Alexander's idiotic attitude disappeared and he looked around to search for him.

"he's my baby cousin" He turned his eyes towards me again, curious.

"He went out to go fight those other kids or whatever.." I shamelessly sold him out.

Alexander calmly closed his eyes, as if this happened all the time; he then turned to head back where he came from. He looked my way as he was about to take the door.

"Stay here! Don't go home, don't go anywhere!" he asked softly and I nodded.

Look, I'm doing this to Chase for a reason. Trust me. I'm not just messing with him. 

I sat down on the kitchen table quietly and got out the manuals in the meantime.

I came here to deliver some quiz questions I thought would be prone to be on the test tomorrow. I'm one hundred percent positive Alexander's going to get an A+, but this is just in case.

After a few moments, the door of the house flew open and Alexander got in, holding Chase by the elbow with his phone in his ear.

"Yeah, it's fine, I'll handle it.." Alexander spoke into the phone while coming towards the kitchen, dragging Chase behind him.

He basically threw Chase on the chair in front of me before taking the phone out of his ear and looking at him.

"I will deal with you as soon as I'm done!" he spoke and we both flinched.

Holy shit. That scared me too. He sounded like an angry dad.

It was hot.

Chase sunk into his chair and I waited until Alexander left then inched closer.

"so...how did it go?" I asked and he looked down. His hair was now covering his eyes.

"I was halfway there and Xander caught up to me, now he's really mad!" his voice was low and I nodded.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to be in your place right now." I hummed.

"I just wanted to prove that I was...strong, like him..." he faltered and I felt bad.

I put my elbow on the table and rested my cheek on my palm.

"you're right, he's stupid strong.." I agreed, "the other day at the festival, he knocked out two guys, sent them flying, Jay was so scared he checked for a pulse on each one.."

"that's what I'm talking about! Being able to take down everyone!" he threw his arms up and I shook my head.

"you think that's what being strong means?" I asked and he nodded.

"he actually didn't want to throw the first punch..." I announced and his eyes widened.

"what ?" he seemed surprised and I nodded to confirm that I wasn't lying.

"he told them to get lost and tried to leave, it wasn't until one of them tried to grab me that he snapped, and it's not like he beat the crap out of them either, he just punched them once and didn't even touch the third guy because he had nothing to do with the situation..."

Granted, I was the one who stopped him but he stopped regardless. I'm sure if he wanted to continue, he'd have easily pushed me off and beat the shit out of them.

Chase looked like he didn't believe me.

"Is that true? He didn't try to fight them on sight and didn't even take on all of them?" he repeated and I kind of got slightly confused as to why this would be so surprising to him.

"It's true!" I confirm and he shook his head.

"You're lying! You don't know the first thing about Xander; he could shred you..."

What a stretch. This kid is delusional.

"first of all, just because he could doesn't mean he should. And second, you're right, maybe I don't know him that much, but I know this: being strong doesn't mean being able to start fights, It rather means being able to finish them!"

He was going to retort but his lips sealed shut as he thought twice about what I was saying. He blinked a few times as my words seemed to hit him.

Oh, thank god he's responsive because Alexander never is.

"It also means.."I continue "being able to protect the people you care about without blindly disregarding the safety of others in the process. It means seeking to conquer yourself before conquering others. That's why Alexander is stupid strong, it has nothing to do with him beating up everybody on sight. He has nothing to prove to anyone. You know who throws the first punch and tries to take on everybody? Insecure kids who know they need to hit first and hard or else they'll lose..."

At this point his eyes were averting me and I leaned down.

"Look at me" I asked and he lifted his guilty stare slowly to meet mine, "I don't think you're insecure or weak. I think you're really brave and confident to jump into a fight alone against many people."

"you think so?" His eyes lit up and I smiled.

"I know so!" I confirm and a small happy smile formed while he looked down.

Aw, what a cutie! They just suck at dicipline. 

"You can't fight people to test yourself, it won't work.  You'll only truly know how strong you are when being strong is the only choice left.." I added.

For some reason, memories about the time where my dad left my mom and I came back rushing in and I felt a heavy cloud form atop my head. I wanted to go home and dive in my bed and just be done for the day. 

"thanks for covering for me.." he raised his eyes at me and I lifted my eyebrows.

You wish. 

"Oh, I ratted you out to Alexander as soon as you left" I admitted and the betrayed look appeared on his adorable little face.

"what?!" He shouted and I nodded.

"I told him you went out to fight, that's why he caught up to you so quickly" I continue and the outrage in his face was clear.

"why would you do that? You encouraged me to go out and get them!" he got up from the chair and I kept looking straight at him.

"Because it's better to mess up when there's people who love you ready to catch you then to do it when no one's watching!"

He frowned. Ok, that didn't get to him. Fine. He feels betrayed right now. Whatever.

I'll just explain. He can hate me after if he wants. 

"Alexander is going to march back in here and yell at you because he cares and you better be grateful you're being scolded, when he's done you need to apologize, thank him and promise you'll make it up. I guarantee you, taking full responsibility for your mistakes is going to be more impressive to everybody than fighting with people.." I reply, unbothered and his shoulders dropped.

Alexander slowly walked inside the kitchen while putting his phone in his pocket. He looked at me in a weird way. I couldn't pin point what it was. 

Like a mix of appreciation and astonishment.

Wait, was he listening in?

Before he could say anything, Chase got up from his chair and bowed his head to Alexander.

"I'm sorry for being stubborn and not listening. They were provoking me and I couldn't help it. I know better than to do what I did!"

I chuckled. He went straight to the apologizing part before Alexander could yell at him. Smart kid.

Alexander kept a straight face on and folded his arm on his chest in an authoritative manner and Chase stiffened.

Uh oh, he's not biting.

"Thanks for coming to get me before I made things worse.." his voice was low now and Alexander relaxed a little.

Then, something really weird happened.

Alexander kept quiet for a few moments. He didn't say a word. Like not even one, but Chase lifted his head towards him like Alexander has said something surprising. He then smiled and got really excited!

"Deal!" Chase leaped and I frowned. He then ran out to take the door and I tilted my head towards Alexander. 

"huh?" I voice. Surprised and confused. Really confused. 

What the hell was that? Alexander didn't even say anything. Were my ears blanking on me while the actually exchanged an entire conversation ?

Before I could ask any questions. Alexander tugged at the back of my chair with one hand and dragged me out of the table. I held on to the sides of my seat while feeling my whole body vibrating from the movement.

"what are you doing?" I complained and he stopped when I was at his reach.

He smiled and then grabbed me by the waist and lifted me like a rag doll to put me on the table and be at his eye level. He inched himself between my knees and stared at my pissed face, amused. His smile got bigger and in a swift movement, he picked my scrunchie out of my bun.

My hair fell on my shoulder and I pursed my lips. Infuriated. I've come to notice Alexander likes it when my hair is a lose mess.

"Give that back you maniac!" I reached for my scrunchie again but he grabbed my wrist in his hand and put it on the table while leaning forward.

"so you think I'm stupid strong?" He asked smugly and I felt my cheeks go red.

Damn it! He heard everything!

"I might have exaggerated to drive my point across!" I denied and he took my other wrist in his hand to bring me closer to him.

"You've been nothing but blunt and honest since the moment I met you" he leaned closer and I backed off on the table.

No, no, no, not again. I'm not letting this happen anymore. He needs to put some safe distance between us ASAP.

He frowned when he noticed I was backing away and then grabbed me harder to pull me closer. I backed off again and he pulled me closer again and I backed off one more time.

I can play this game all day.

He suddenly breathed out, annoyed then let go of both of my wrists.

"Come closer!" he commanded simply and I don't know what came upon me but my body moved on its own and in matters of seconds, my chest was against his. By my own will.

How did he do that?

I crossed my arms in front of me as a shield so I don't touch him too much and that move made him seemingly annoyed. 

"Arms down!" he commanded and my hands dropped to my side.

I couldn't deny him anything at that moment. I'm scared he'll say "strip" because my blouse will be off in a jiffy.

"You've been so damn guarded these past two days!" he whined and I swallowed.

"Are you scared of me?" he seemed hurt by just saying those words and I shook my head.

I'm scared I'll enjoy whatever it is he's doing.

He then breathed out and grabbed me again. He put his arms around me and hugged me tight.

"I don't care if we saw each other this morning!" He squeezed me in and my heart started racing.

Yeah, that tells me a lot about what kind of brat Alexander is. He wanted a hug earlier and I denied it, but he still got one.

"Thanks for what you did." He whispered in my ear and I blinked, confused. He must have sensed it because he explained right after "about Chase, I don't know how to get through to him sometimes, but you did it so easily and you barely met him."

I lowered my head and felt his warmth wrap me in. 

"Anytime." I simply say, feeling hot in the face and he smiled.

I never wanted to leave. His strong arms and his chest feel like a warm, safe, comforting blanket. I just want to fall asleep like this. 

"You're amazing, Alexa.." he praised and I was about ready to plant my lips on his shoulder. 

God help me my heart was going to exploide. 

I lifted my head to meet his gaze and his neck was so close. I fought the urge to breath in his masculine scent. I felt myself enter the exact same trance I always go to whenever he holds me but I suddenly snapped out of it.

This is what mister Henderson warned me about. This was it.

I tried to push back again and that really got him ticked off. He suddenly let go of me and backed off completely.

And I hated it. 

I know I caused it. I basically was pushing him off but not being in his arms felt so cold and uncomfortable. I almost reached to grab his big arm and hold it tight against my chest but I stopped myself.

"Let's just study.." he seemed pissed at me.

I don't blame him. I was pissed at myself.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

531K 13K 51
Noah Knight is a high ranked werewolf, next in line for his father's throne. He despises humans. They are the reason he lost his mother and his unbor...
1.1K 153 34
When the Winter Moon Pack Alpha asks an abused human girl to join him, she finds herself helping him chase a murderer intent on killing all of the wo...
5.1M 156K 67
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! This WattPad version is a well-loved rough draft, enjoy it! But be warned it's t...
279K 7.7K 27
NOMINATED FOR THE WATTYS 2019 COMPLETE|| Wattpad Recommenced Story website: www.pleasefanceeme.com // He was magnificent. Exceptional. More than her...