Imperial Moon [Complete]

By ImperialARG

Centuries ago, the Moon bestowed a gift on a small village. The people that lived there were forever transfor... More

Chapter One - Chase
Chapter Two - Captive
Chapter Three - Colosseum
Chapter Four - Covet
Chapter Five - Collapse
Chapter Six - Conceal
Chapter Seven - Curse
Chapter Eight - Crucifixion
Chapter Nine - Convalesce
Chapter Ten - Commune
Chapter Eleven - Consent
Chapter Thirteen - Circle
Chapter Fourteen - Clarity
Chapter Fifteen - Creature
Chapter Sixteen - Cal
Chapter Seventeen - Consequence
Chapter Eighteen - Confirmation
Chapter Nineteen - Choice
Chapter Twenty - Commitment
Chapter Twenty One - Consummate
Chapter Twenty Two - Candidate
Chapter Twenty Three - Change
Chapter Twenty Four - Comrade
Chapter Twenty Five - Collide
Chapter Twenty Six - Company
Chapter Twenty Seven - Contract
Chapter Twenty Eight - Celebrate
Chapter Twenty Nine - Corruption
Chapter Thirty - Crown
Sequel Information & Thanks
Sequel start date & Blurb

Chapter Twelve - Contemplate

1.1K 43 55
By ImperialARG

On her thirteenth day away, Kat found the village she had been looking for.

Walking among the cottages she searched for the symbol of the seers.

The villagers eyed her, warily.

She stank of earth, she knew, having used her father's method to hide her scent. Her hair was matted and her eyes raw from crying.

Children ran from her path, their mothers pulling them indoors, shutters coming down on shops. She was a rogue, they didn't deal with her sort.

Finally, at the ninth cottage, she spied a hut in the garden. Three circles tightly looped together had been carved in the wood of the door.

Kat pushed the hut door open, her nose assaulted with the scent of witchcraft. A woman sat in the middle of the room, knitting, several cauldrons bubbled around her.

"I've been waiting for you." She said, simply, without looking up.

"Uh, right."

"Sit down, Katja." The woman looked up, her eyes were pale white, clouded by cataracts.

"Ah, yes, my physical eyesight isn't what it used to be, yet I see more clearly than ever before."

Kat rolled her eyes and sat cross-legged in front of the woman. She wasn't a fan of Seer's, witches, was their real name. Her mother had hidden her visions from the pack for fear of being associated with witches.

"I-"

"I know why you've come, child. I cannot give you the answers you seek. I am not privy to that level of information. Only those on the closest terms with the Moon Goddess can advise you."

"And they are?"

"The Oracle of Three, of course."

Kat snorted, "They died millennia ago."

The Seer raised her eyebrows.

"Did they now? You have the sight, do you? No of course you don't, otherwise why would you need me?"

"I don't need you, you just told me that." Kat stood up irritated.

"You need me to tell you where they are."

Kat's mouth dropped open, "you know where they are?"

The Seer rolled her eyes.

"Right, I get it, you know all, except the answers to what I really want. Where are they, then?" Kat was irritated, it showed.

"Knowledge requires payment."

"What kind of payment?"

The witch smiled, pointing at a cauldron to her left.

"Spit in it."

"Pardon you?" Kat raised her eyebrows.

"It needs Werewolf saliva to be complete. Make it easier for me and just spit in it , would you?"

"Can't you ask literally anyone in this village?"

"I can, but they don't want a favour from me." The witch smiled crookedly.

Kat walked over to the cauldron and spat into it. The surface bubbled and turned black. The smell filled the room, it smelled like Cal.

Kat frowned at the woman, as she smiled a toothless grin.

"Perfect, dear."

"What is it?" Kat whispered, her stomach flipping at his smell.

"Love potion, quite potent it seems. You love someone fiercely."

Kat rolled her eyes, eager to leave, to be away from the scent that pricked tears in her eyes and the witch who irked her.

"The Three?" Kat grumbled.

The Seer took out an old, withered piece of paper, an address was printed in faded ink.

"And you're sure they're still there?" Kat whispered, looking at the key to banishing her problems in her hand.

"I'm sure." The Seer shrugged.

Kat clasped her hands and whispered a quick thank you, leaving the hut in search of an Internet cafe.

A couple of towns away, she found a 24hr place. Neon signs glowed in the window.

After flirting her way to five minutes on a computer, Kat had the coordinates.

She sighed as she left, Canada, of course.

She looked at the print out of the map in her hand. There was only one way to her destination.

Her other problem was transport, she needed to get there fast. Her muscles ached from days of running and crying. She could get there in 11 hours, if she drove. At least her body would have that time to recuperate.

Kat sighed again, looking at the cars in the parking lot.

She knew she could never steal one, it just wasn't in her to take something for free that others had worked so hard to afford.

Kat rubbed her head, debating what to do next. She had only one option.

She grumbled, crossing the street to a payphone.

Her hands shook as she picked up the phone, her fingers flitting over the keypad, remembering his number with ease as she placed the collect-call.

He answered on the third ring. His voice coming, breathlessly, through the receiver. She'd obviously interrupted a workout.

"Hello?"

Kat lost all ability to speak. His voice transported her, she felt herself in his arms.

He repeated his greeting, a frown in his tone, irritation building.

"Hi. It's me." Kat choked out. Gulping hard as her heart hammered in her chest.

This was a bad idea! Really bad! Terrible!

"Kat?" His voice came softly, his shock evident. She nodded, before realising he couldn't see her.

"Yes, I, you-"

Kat swallowed, embarrassment curling around her spine.

"You said if I ever needed your help-"

"Yes?" She could hear his smile.

"Well, I need your help." Kat sighed.

There was a moment of silence, Kat held her breath.

"Of course, anything. Name it."

"I- I'd really appreciate a car, to loan for a couple of days, and some cash for gas. If that's okay?"

"Certainly. Where are you?"

Kat looked for street signs, before relaying the information.

A low growl came from the other end of the phone as the man argued in whispers with someone his end.

"I can't get to you until morning. Do you have somewhere you can lay low?"

"You're coming?" Kat squeaked, panicking.

"Yes, I trust no one else with your safety. Now, do you have somewhere in mind?"

Kat looked back to the Internet cafe, the server watched her with interest.

"Yeah. Get to the pay phone on the street, I'll see you from there."

She hung up, too awkward to say goodbye.

She stalked towards the cafe, the server brightening as she pushed open the door.

"I don't suppose you fancy being my knight in shining armour?" She smiled at him, eyes glittering.

That's how Kat found herself, several hours later, cradling a mug of tea, occasionally smiling at the barista.

She watched the rain hammer down the large windows, forcing herself to stay awake, heart pounding as she thought of seeing him again.

As the sun rose, there was a squeal of tyres and a sleek grey Mercedes came into view. Kat gulped as she stood and, thanking the man that had given her refuge, stepped out into the misty morning. Light rain blew around her, sticking to her hair, leaving a fuzz of water droplets on her clothes.

The car came to a perfect stop in front of her, Kat's pulse flew in her throat as the drivers door opened.

Suddenly he was in front of her, warm and comforting, feeling like home. She looked up at him and he cupped her face softly in his hands.

"My Moonlight." He whispered, eyes wide.

My Daybreak, her heart sang, as she stared back without words.

His face crumpled as he took in her disheveled appearance.

"What's happened, Kat?" He swept his thumb across the dark circles under her eyes.

"Pain, loss, love?" He murmured.

Kat dropped her eyes and pushed him away, irritated.

"Don't do that, Lucio, you know I hate it."

"I'm sorry, my moonlight, but you didn't say anything at all. How can I help you if you do not speak?"

"Don't call me that, please." Kat rubbed her temples, squeezing her eyes shut.

He sighed, she smelled his bitter disappointment.

"Where are we going then?"

"We? We're not going anywhere. I am going here," she passed him the map, "you are going home."

"Are you nuts?! You can't go there! It's right through -"

"I know, it's important, I have to. And I have to go alone."

She frowned up at him. Holding his gaze. Daring him to argue.

His violet eyes glittered dangerously, his anger seething below the surface.

"Fine." His teeth were gritted, "But I will wait to see that you have safely returned."

Kat rolled her eyes, "You'll know that I'm safe when I call you to pick up the car."

Lucio nodded curtly, "You're the boss." He said, with irony.

Suddenly he was holding her, she wrapped her arms around him, burying her face into his chest. He towered over her, as he always had. Her eyes filled with tears as he stroked her back.

She looked up at him, he stared over her head, jaw clenched with emotion.

"Lucio." She whispered.

He looked down at her, eyes hardening when he saw her tears.

"Please don't cry, my m- Kat. This is hard enough already."

She reached her hand up to rub the sandy stubble on his cheek.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt you, I had no one else to call."

His head dipped to hers, his lips close. Her heart hammered as he brushed her hair away from her neck.

He stared at the marking spot and then looked at Kat for permission. She nodded and he touched his lips to the mark, leaving a soft kiss. The moment he came into contact with it, it burned. Lucio pulled away and studied it, frowning. Kat stayed still as the bond writhed and screamed, a mask of calm on her face as her soul bubbled with rage.

"It seems you have someone," Lucio smiled at her, his eyes filled with pain.

"I- I'm sorry-"

He held up a hand, silencing her.

"It's all I've ever wanted. To see you happy."

Her face fell.

"You're not happy?" He frowned.

She shook her head, "it's complicated."

His violet eyes shimmered in recognition.

"Oh yes, I remember that complication."

He shook his head bitterly, stepping away from her.

"You're sure you do not want my assistance?"

"I'm sure."

"Then, it was a joy to see you, if only fleetingly."

She grinned at him, "it was a joy to see you too, old man."

He rolled his eyes.

"Be safe." He kissed her softly on the head.

She closed her eyes, feeling the warmth it left.

When she opened them, he had gone.

Kat got into the car and turned on the purring engine, she checked the gas tank, full, added her coordinates to the sat nav and leaned her head on the steering wheel, groaning.

She took a deep breath. She had tasted his trauma and it stung in her mouth. Her heart ached for him. Her body remembered him. He reminded her of easier times, it was hard for her to step away from him, something pulled at her, desperate to run into his arms and let him take her away from all of this pain, this bloodshed, the coming battle.

But she knew that was her past, calling her, and she could no longer live in the past.

Her mind filled with the image of Cal and she ground her teeth together, opening her eyes, she shifted the car into gear and pulled away.

Her father had always told her never to drive when angry or upset. It cloud's judgement, he'd said.

Kat couldn't help but remember his words while she drove. crying hysterically.

The hours flew past quickly, Kat stopped to eat and get gas every couple of hours, taking money from the glove compartment. Finally she pulled into the parking lot of a motel just outside a city.

She was five miles away from her destination. She would finish the journey on foot.

She booked a room, then walked into the city to find a costume store and comfortable clothes.

She barely slept, nervous about her journey, and woke just as the sun rose.

She pulled her long hair into a tight bun at the base of her skull, slipping a beanie hat on to cover it.

Next, Kat put brown coloured contact lenses in, hiding her bright, recognizable grey.

Finally she stepped into her jeans and zipped up her hooded jacket. She hoped she looked normal, she hoped she didn't look like someone who didn't want to be seen.

She left the motel on foot weaving through the city towards the forest, striding to the tree line with confidence.

She paused at the edge of the woods. Taking a shaky breath she stepped forward, putting one foot in front of the other until there was no going back.

She was in his territory now, and she had to pass through quickly, before the ShadowClaw realised.

------

A/N: So much has changed in two chapters AMIRITE?!

Thoughts on Lucio?

Love&Light 

xxxxxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 822 68
*COMPLETE, EDITING ON-GOING* Diana doesn't know what she wants in life. She loves her family and her pack but she knows there is more out in the wor...
115K 2.6K 20
Luna is part of the Blue Moon pack, sworn enemies of the Black Thorn pack. She has just come of age. It is time for her to find a mate. What happens...
2K 76 34
"Are you afraid of me?" As a werewolf in a pack where things are not always as they appear, Dahlia Hemming fights to overcome her past and find the t...
223K 6.3K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...