Perfect Addiction | Jenshad

By keepingupwidnarry

After a broken marriage that left her shattered Jennifer had swore not to date any co-actor of hers again. Sh... More

Welcome!
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Author's Note
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 01

3.5K 155 21
By keepingupwidnarry

something about you |chapter 01

"I am so so sorry babbby, I am running late!" Jenny said in the phone as she looked for her car after exiting the Mumbai airport.

"I hope you are only going to be late and not missing my birthday party" Naihal's voice came for tht6e other end, clearly not happy about this turn of events.

"No dear! I will never miss this blessed day of my life. It's just my flight got delayed" Jenny hurriedly explained, not so happy either. Her plan was to reach Mumbai in the morning, take rest before getting ready for her friends birthday party. But somehow her flight got delayed and she reached here right now, in Mumbai, at 8 in the evening.

"Okay. I have texted you the address. We all finally decided on one restaurant -" Naihal started and Jenny replied with a laugh

"Finally!"

Never have ever her friends decided on a place so quickly. It usually takes them hours and most of the party takes place at home before they go to the actual party.

"I know right. Anyways, hurry as much as you can" Naihal laughs before reminding her to hurry.

"Naihal?" Jenny calls her friend, bringing her attention as she gets in her car loading all the luggage. She makes herself comfy removing her shades as she continues,

"Who all are coming? Our group or.."

"Oh yeah! I forgot, I have invited your future show cast. For you guys to meet. Ani wanted to hold up a formal meeting but I told him, you already know Sehban and it will be treat way for you guys to connect before you start with shooting" Naihal explains her and Jenny only nods listening to her as the car starts.

"That is a great idea! I am almost at my home. J will join you guys in 45 minutes" Jenny smiles liking the idea. She is genuinely excited about this project as it is her bestfriends project and she feels happy and extremely proud to be a part of it. Also,It will mean they have to do only one more detailed meeting before the shoot of this new project.

"okay dear, Bye!" Naihal wishes her giving her a loud kiss through the phone and she smiles at her friends cute antics and keeps the phone before saying

"Bye"

It's around 9 and Jenny is running around her apartment in her heels as she forgot to take the gift she had brought for her friend. She rushes inside searching for the box and finally jumps up founding it "the gift, gift, gift! Found it!"

Quickly checking herself in the mirror and roaming a comb through her hair to set it just right she takes her keys before rushing outside.

.
.
.
.

"Hey! Naihal babe!!" Jennifer runs to her best friend after spotting her and her other friends. They both laugh as they hug and exchange kisses.

"Where is Nikhil?" Naihal questions after quickly looking behind her friend. Jennifer sighs already knowing what reaction she is going to get from her bestfriend. She has never taken her boyfriend in like she had done her previous ones. And although she doesn't know why, she doesn't mind because she knows how Naihal is extremely protective of her and it's her love that keeps her skeptical of this man.

"He isn't in town right now. Butttt he has also sent you best birthday wishes" she explains smiling widely hoping that would compensate and Naihal won't make a dig at it. But she just rolls her eyes exchanging a quick glance with Sehban who is sitting right beside Naihal, listening to their conversation as Naihal starts "Seriously Jen, why are you even dating him? I have hardly seen you guys together."

"He is a busy man babe. We are still trying to work things around our schedule" Jenny says taking her sit opposite to them both. She feels like she has been giving this reason everytime she meets her friends but then again, her boyfriend is a busy man and she understands his commitments.

"like since two years" Naihal mutters only for Sehban to shush her up.

"Hey Jen!" Aniruddh's voice come from behind her and Jennifer instantly turns around with a bright smile to greet her other friend and Naihal's husband.

"Ani!" she hugs him tightly before they smile at each other and Aniruddh helps her in her seat again.

"Thank you" she says happily taking a seat before Aniruddh starts introducing people. She quickly spots some new faces in the group of her daily gang. There is a girl sitting right to Sehban who Aniruddh calls bringing her out of a conversation she is having with Aishwarya, one of Jennifer's friend. There are also two ladies, Jen knows will be creative director and writer of the show as she had a meet with them just last week when Aniruddh had a listening session with her.

"This is Namita... She is playing Pooja" he says and Jennifer quickly smiles her eyes going back and forth between Sehban and Namita, before she smiles at her genuinely greeting her "Hey, nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too" Namita smiles back sipping on her drink.

"What yaar Ani??! You kept the meeting at Naihal's birthday" Jennifer says loudly, teasing Aniruddh and everyone falls in a fit of laughter at Aniruddh's shocked face. He quickly points at his wife while using Jenny as a shield incase his wife would hit him as he says "Well she insisted,dont jump on me guys"

"Okay, okay'" Everyone starts saying in different sarcastic and teasing tones.

"We will start shooting from?" Sehban asks casually as Aniruddh takes a seat on Jennifer's left side. Jennifer notices a seat empty to her right but doesn't give it much thought as Aniruddh starts speaking, her whole attention towards him as she sips water from the glass kept in front of her.

"Well next week, we all are going to mussurie. Got a tight schedule ahead of us guys" he says making everyone at the table excited as everyone starts cheering and congratulating the young director. They all are his friends and are very much happy seeing his baby project about to come to life finally.

"Now with that out of the way, let's partyyyyy!!!"Naihal announces banging the table getting everyone's attention, making everyone cheer 'it's her birthday '

"See the craziest thing happened-"Aishawarya starts from her seat calling Jennifer and she already knows her friends yet again did something just by her friends expressions.

She even gets to complete the sentence that Aniruddh starts pointing at Sehban who looks quilty plus a deer caught in headlights looking up from his plate "Don't even go there. I told you I will handle the cake department but no Sehban Sir here wanted to contribute.."

"Guys I had it under control but -" Sehban says loudly defending himself only for Aniruddh to bit back by saying "Yeah but someone cheated you and the cake didn't reach"

"What??! Sehb?!! It's my Naihal's birthday and this is how you make her day special" Jennifer laughs, scolding him in fun. Leave it to her friends to mess up the most easiest thing that can be done on one's birthday.

"That's not my job! That is Aniruddh's job"Sehban retroats back making everyone laugh as Aniruddh mutters, not so quietly before throwing his napkin on him across the table which right away hits him in the face, making everyone cackle "You bastard"

"Bass! The only one making it special right now is Harshad! He is out their trying to book one" Naihal puts her hand up before she claps them both smiling greatly and Jennifer already knows this Harshad fellow has is right in Naihal's heart.

"Yeah, now Harshad has become her new bestie." Sehban says, mockingly making a hurt face and Jennifer nods smiling at her friends antics as she motions him to go on.

But before he can Naihal is quick to say, with this twinkle in her eyes that surprises Jennifer "Yes he is. I love him"

"Wow?? Naihal, Ani keep an eye on your wife" she jokes keeping her palm on her chest as she warns Aniruddh.

"I will just go and check what is taking so long.." Aniruddh gets up laughing, reminded of Harshad who he just left outside to check if he was able to arrange anything.

"No need I think its done. He is here"Namita chirps up smiling as she points right behind Jennifer.

Before Jennifer can turn around a voice comes from right behind her making her halt in her action. It's not that she knows this voice, hell she has never meet him - only heard of him, but never meet him. So, as a matter she has never heard him speak. But God, that husky manly voice sends some sort of spark through her that makes her take his voice in. She goes silent as she listens to him "Sorry guys, it will take 15 minutes or so for the cake to reach"

"Is it the one that I wanted???" Naihal gets off her seat quickly going towards him and that's when Jennifer turns around, her eyes roaming from his black shoes up to his pants, belt and his black shirt to his sparkling white teeth giving out a childish smile and hazel eyes. His dark eyebrows catches her attention as she practically checks him out. Shaking away this weird feeling from her body she watches as Naihal hugs him and it quickly comes to her attention that he is really quite tall.

Taller than Nikhil

She thinks unconsciously aa she notices her best friend barely reaching till his chest.

"Yupp"he says smiling widely looking down at her in excitement and all Jennifer can think of how absolutely charming he is?

The thought brings her to herself and she is shocked at her own thoughts not believing she just checked this man out that too so intently, not believing that she is already liking that smile on his face having never seen anyone smile so lively like before. It makes her want to smile with him.

Trying to excuse herself from her own weird self she asks no one in particular while getting out of her seat not really paying attention"I am going for a drink, anyone??"

"Jen wait. I have to introduce you to my Aditya Hooda." Aniruddh stops her as she is about to walk away, clapping Harshad's back as he smiles at him and then at her. She returns his smile as she slowly, tentatively takes few steps towards them not understanding why the hell she is walking so timidly at all!?

"You found him finally??!" she asks trying to sound excited, somewhat normal and she knows she has failed miserably going by a raised eyebrow from Naihal who is standing at her former place.

"This is him. Harshad will be,
"Aniruddh smiles introducing them. Her eyes quickly lock on his as he nervously smiles at her, apprehensive himself as he knows about her enough. And that nervousness in any other man would have put her off but from him she cant help but think how adorable he looks.

"Hey"

A wide smile stretches across her face as she offers her hand for him to shake stepping closer to him, drawn in by him"Hey, nice to meet you"

"You too" he smiles happily, all nervousness vanishing away as he shakes her hand. A small current flows through both of them and they quickly back track their brief self but it doesn't go unnoticed by Jennifer how happy she felt seeing him relaxed by her gesture.

"I think it would be a great comeback for him" Aniruddh says and everyone nods their head raising their glasses as Naihal shouts, sliding her hand through Harshad's "The best comeback ever with this serial!"

Jennifer's eyes moves to Harshad only to find him already looking at her with a smile.

And as their eyes get locked with each other she has a feeling it's going to be a roller-coaster ahead.

***

And from this night we will see the start of a beautiful love story of Jenshad!

There is going to be lots of fast forwards, I feel in this book. I am trying to keep it as close to The real Jenshad we see daily. But some events will be missing, some before and after each other. Anyways, there will be lots of angst, cute love blossoming and Jenshad sizzling romance ahead.

I have not decided on an update schedule but I will try to update weekly atleast to have the flow of the story.

Thoughts on this first chapter / prologue???

What do you guys want to see in the book??? Feel free to say, you will only be helping me with the plot :D

VOTE. Share. Comment and keep loving Jenshad / Adiya 💞

Love
Ri x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 5.5K 50
*Not Edited* Please do not judge my book based on the first few chapters. The ending is unexpected with only twists and turns ❤❤ Aditya Hooda, a top...
1.7K 167 16
When Zoya Siddiqui's step-grandmother died, she left Zoya a tea garden under two conditions. First, Zoya has to move home to the small town of Musso...
30K 2.3K 39
An orphan, Zoya, who lost her parents at a very young age, has always craved for love. When God snatched the people who used to love her, she chooses...
393 78 11
Heyy guys, soo your mischiviouswritter is back with another new story but again on adiya but in a different way. Soo what's new in it? ******** "Do...