Chapter 02

on the set |chapter 02

Life has become much more interesting and fun in past few months for Jennifer. She had never been more happy coming on the sets. It's not as if  she didn't like working in her previous serials, it was something in this one that had her looking forward to the day.

The reasons were not just that she was working with her friend Sehban or Rajesh or that this project was of one of her closest friends. Although, all of these reasons made her equally happy. Or the story of the series although she had liked the concept the minute she had heard it. The real  reason was someone else.

Someone, she is glad she meet in her life.

And she doesn't know if it is a good thing or bad as the confusion in her heart started to develop right after her subconscious mind had been turned into a daily battle field of morals and feelings.

Not to mention her dark past that has her head churning with all these thoughts.

She doesn't know when this fight will be over and when she will have a peace of mind. All she knows is that her days have become brighter still, her work doesn't feel like a routine anymore and she has started catching herself laughing for no reason, blushing uncontrollably till the point people would ask her if she was alright.

She will often find herself in tide with herself, the battle brewing in her head as she would drown in the sensation of his hands around her while doing a scene or will find herself getting lost in those brown sparkling eyes.

Those intense eyes emitting out each emotion so skillfully that it would make her forget her lines.

And she never forgets her lines.

.
.

She is sipping on her coffee getting her hair done for the shoot  when she hears a light knock on her door. She calls to whoever is standing outside to get in, her eyes not wavering from the magazine she was engrossed in.

A shadow falls on her page as a hand touches her shoulder holding her and even before she can look up she knows who the person is?

She smiles up just as he takes a seat on the bench beside her commenting  "So Madam is here, getting ready"

He loves to call her madam, it all started with him trying to respect her for her work but once he realized she doesn't like to be addressed that way he decided to call her that. He wanted to see that cute pout with a light slap as she will surely say" Shut up " or" Nonsense"

She smiles at him immediately replying, scrunching her nose at his nickname for her to the one he makes everyone on the set call her as pushes him away lightly by his chest, muttering the oh so old "What nonsense"

And that alone makes Harshad laugh out loudly, his eyes crinkling while sparkling a little as he throws his head back. All his actions duly noted by Jennifer as she forgets about her coffee and the magazine.

They fall into a small conversation as she gets her hair done, both enjoying each other's company, before both are making a way to the set. She is laughing at something Harshad says when her legs stumble in the wires, her  heels making her loose her balance. Reflexively she clutches his hand at the same time he steadies her holding onto her waist, his touch sending shivers down her spine which she chooses to ignore purpisefully.

"Be careful, Jenny" he mutters in her ear, making her realize their proximity and she turns to look up at him swiping her hair away.

"Thanks Harshad, all these wires are just..." she says trying to detangle her ankle from between all the wires and to her surprise Harshad quickly bends down, detangling all those wires. She watches in aww how he did that - went on his knees like that, having never seen any of her co-star act like this before, just to help her.

"There, all done" he stands up and she can't do anything but smile at his kindness.

"Thank you Harshad" she says as they walk inside and are immediately handed with their day's script.

They both take a seat next to each other as people are roaming around trying to set everything up for the scene. Both are going through the scene discussing lines as one of the assistant walks up to them with a notepad in one and what looks like a wakie - is talkie in another.

"Interview?" Harshad asks a little surprised at the request.

The girl nods looking at her mobile and then at them as she says "Yes interview for the serial. You guys will be on in next hour as media people are about to come in next half and hour"

They both nod and she goes off.

"Oh I am not really a fan of the interviews" Harshad whines to no one in particular after few minutes making Jennifer chuckle as she looks up from her sheet.

"And so I have noticed" she quips.

"Why they have to ask all these questions?" he mumbles rubbing his eyes.

"Don't be so stressed, you will do just fine" she assures him, her hands caressing his automatically. Their actions feel so natural to them that they have stopped questioning every little bit.

"Easy for you to say" he mutters smiling at her showing he is not that serious but she knows him, and knows how he is a little apprehensive when it comes to this kind of stuff.

"Just be honest and talk like you do with me" she encourages him and her gesture brings a smile to his face.

"Okay, I will try. I hope they  ask some interesting question."he says and both of them go back to the scene in their hands, both of them smiling to themselves for no reason.

***

So the story has started a little slow but don't worry it will build up soon. Just some Jenshad bond and underlying attraction that will soon get out of control 🔥

Thoughts on the chapter?

What do you guys want to see happen next?

PS. I am so exciteddddd for this one, I have already completed uptil 36 chapters of blueprint for this one, THIRTY SIX. The last time I had done that was for one of my Narry books!!

Vote. Share. Comment if you love this one!

Love
Ri x