No Choice

By kensy_lane

It's not like I'm here for a joyride or some other stupid shit. Apparently, I'm Tony Stark's daughter. Yay... More

Chapter One-Surprise
Chapter Two-Changes
Chapter Four-Flight
Chapter Five-Marks
Chapter Six-Movie Night
Chapter Seven-The Mission
Chapter Eight-DAD
Chapter Nine-Healing
Chapter Ten-A Sibling?
Chapter Eleven-Motherfucker
Chapter Twelve-Good or Bad?

Chapter Three-Meeting the Team

9.1K 197 163
By kensy_lane

"It's time to go, honey. Get up." My heavy eyes open to find Tony sitting beside me. "There you go. Up and at em, kiddo." He slaps my knee and grins.

"Ah." I wince and sit up. "Right. I'm ready." I mumble, standing and wobbling until Tony's hands steady me on my shoulders. I look around and get very confused. "Uh, what?" I ask, looking around at the lavishly decorated space. Sitting back down, I look at what I'm sitting on and find it's a smooth, tan, leather chair. "Tony?" My eyes find his as he smiles amusedly at me.

"Oh yeah. We're on a jet nearly to New York." He tells me as if it isn't a big deal. There's a window to my right that I instantly look out of and see nothing but clouds and pieces of blue sky.

"We're in the sky." I deadpan. I've never been flying in my life, so missing the take off and bulk of the flight sucks.

"That's what usually happens during flight, sweetie. Have you never flown before?" I shake my head and look back at Tony as he sits back down on the arm of my chair. "Ah. Sorry you missed it then. I'll take you out again one day, but today I just wanted you to get all the sleep you could." Tony's expression is apologetic, but his eyes are affectionate.

"How'd you even get me here?" I question, slowly waking up a little more.

"Well, uh, I carried you. You're skin and bones, remember?" He teases and stands again while I absorb the fact he carried me here just so I could continue to sleep. "Time to change. We'll be landing soon." He tells me and sets my backpack in my lap. "Bathroom's back there." Tony winks at me and walks over to where Pepper is flipping through a folder, sliding into the seat next to her and whispering in her ear. I get up with a tired sigh and head to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. Remembering that today is my day to meet the press wakes me right up and has me putting a little more care into how I dress. I put on what I chose the other day; black ankle boots, a button up burgundy skirt with gold buttons, a tucked in mustard tank top, black leather jacket, and sunglasses. After brushing my teeth and putting on deodorant, thankfully I put that stuff in my backpack, and taking my hair down, I hurry back out and to my seat to look out the window again.

"Well look at you!" Tony exclaims and I instantly blush. He stands from the same spot he was in when I left and walks over to me to guide me over to the small table he and Pepper sit at. "You look great." He assures me and sits me down across from him and Pepper.

"You do look very nice, Amelia." Pepper comments with a kind smile.

"Thanks." I murmur and start messing with my hands nervously.

"Now, you've got to tell me what changes you're going to make to your suit." He tells me excitedly while Pepper shakes her head. An amused smile makes its way onto my face as he relaxes back in his seat, facing me with rapt attention.

"Well, I've changed the blue lights you favor to violet." I start and Tony nods, as if this is a revelation. Taking this as encouragement, I continue. "And...instead of using all your missiles and things in your suit, I was going to calibrate small projectiles that attach to a person and stimulate electrical impulses in their nerves to paralyze them."

"So, incapacitate them instead of decapitating them." Tony proposes and we both glance at Pepper when she snorts at Tony's word choice.

"Crude, but yes." I affirm and Tony shakes his head.

"Brilliant. You might get requests from the rest of the team if you keep thinking like that. Including me." He reaches over and fluffs my hair and I take off my sunglasses to better see his eyes, clipping them to my shirt. Amber even in the sheltered lighting of the plane, his eyes are alive and excited.

"So, today...what am I supposed to do? Or say?" I ask with just a hint of anxiety. Tony shrugs and sighs.

"Walk by my side. Answer whatever questions you want to answer because I have no doubt they'll ask you a few." Tony rests his foot on his knee under the table, clearly relaxed with this, while I squirm a bit in my seat. "If you want me to step in, just...scratch your nose." He reaches over and boops the tip of mine childishly as I wave him away, a small smile on my face.

"You'll do fine, Amelia. Just be yourself and don't let them get under your skin." Pepper tells me sweetly, her blue eyes clear and calm.

"Thanks, Pepper." I nod to her and she smiles before turning back to her papers.

"Anyways, it won't last very long." Tony regains my attention as a bright light flashes red. "Time to land. Seatbelts." He guides me back to my seat and straps me in like a toddler before doing the same for himself. Although I catch his glance at Pepper to make sure she's done the same. His ease of manner and relaxed state rubs off a little on me and I lean back a little in my seat, although I can nearly taste the bundle of nerves in my stomach. "Afterwards we'll be tinkering away in the facility. Alone, with some AC/DC blasting." He coaxes a smile from me just as we start to descend. I press my lips together and dig my short nails into the leather at the strange sensation. "Look at me, Amelia." Tony requests and I do so, taking in how fucking calm he is. "We're going to be fine. I designed this plane. We're safe." His words are surprisingly soft and I find my hands releasing the arms of the chair to instead pick at each other in my lap.

"Right. Got it." I breathe but squeak anyways when the wheels touch the tarmac. A long exhale releases some tension from me and Tony smiles.

"You did good. Time to head out." He unbuckles and hops up, unbuckling me and yanking me up. "Prepared for stairs or should we pull the emergency slide?" Tony teases and I promptly punch his shoulder for it. He chuckles as he opens the door. Pepper is out first, so Tony takes a moment to look over at me. "Ready, kiddo?" Tony asks with an expectant expression. I nod with trepidation. After a deep breath, I force a smile and step out. Gravel. Walk on the balls of your feet. I think to myself when I see it. I look straight ahead at the sea of flashing cameras and microphones as my heels touch the stairs and we slowly descend. We hit the ground without an incident and keep walking across the pebbles towards the facility. Just as I feel my resolve waning from too much fucking focus, Tony and Pepper are beside me. Finally remembering how to walk, I do so between the two adults into the throng of reporters. The child in me would very much like to take Tony's hand, but my pride denies the action. So, when Tony wraps my arm around his I couldn't be more grateful. We turn as we reach the front doors, finally ready for questions and proper pictures. I sigh in relief from a break in walking.

"Hey, everybody." Tony greets them and there's almost instantaneous silence when he raises a hand. "Well, it's been a while since we've had one of these, hasn't it?" Many chuckle and nod, looking at Tony like an idol. I suppose he is to many people, isn't he? My smile falters a little when I think of what those people might think when they find out their idol had an illegitimate child. Despite my doubts, when Tony looks over at me I straighten up a little. "There's been a bit of a shocking development in my life and I thought it only fair to tell the world. And before you ask, these findings have been confirmed by me directly, so there's no doubt." My hand tightens a little on his suit sleeve, crinkling the previously flawless fabric. "This is my daughter, Amelia Stark." He waves a hand at me and my smile comes easy when I look at him. Camera flashes shake me, but Tony simply twists his hand so ours are clasped together. Reporters burst forth with questions and my head nearly spins when they just shout them out. Pepper's hand on the small of my back reminds me I'm not alone and keeps me calm like Tony's hand in mine.

"Mr. Stark, how did you find each other?"

"Miss Stark, how old are you?"

"Mr. Stark, did you know you had a daughter?"

"Miss Stark, who is your mother?"

"Miss Stark, did you seek him out?" I'm shocked to find people have just as many questions for me as for Tony. Remembering Natasha's death stare advice, I adopt that expression and raise my free hand like Tony did before. To my ever-present surprise, they quiet. A slight smirk now on my face, I point to a reporter with his hand half raised.

"How old are you?" He asks excitedly.

"Seventeen years old." I answer him smoothly and Tony squeezes my hand encouragingly. Calmly, I point to another reporter.

"Did you always know you were Tony Stark's daughter?" She asks, pen poised over a notepad. I shake my head.

"No. I found out the day we met...which was only a couple days ago." I glance at Tony and receive a nod of approval for my words.

"Thomas, go ahead." Tony waves towards a younger guy with red hair.

"Will she be moving here with you?" He asks nicely. Tony smiles at that.

"Absolutely. Amelia has already shown me what incredible ideas she has and I look forward to all the inventions and fresh ideas she'll bring to the team." I can't help but shine a bit from the praise and get a big confidence boost from it. For better or for worse. I incline my head towards a blonde woman in a royal blue dress.

"What is your I.Q., Miss Stark?" She asks and I snort in what I'm sure isn't a ladylike manner.

"I firmly believe that intelligence isn't tied to any numbers. It's what you do with the ideas you have that matters, not your I.Q." The reporter blinks, then smiles slightly as she writes down my response feverishly. Tony points to a brunette with a green button up on.

"Who is the mother?" He asks either of us, clearly not caring which answers.

"We met during a time in my life where I wasn't really thinking about precautions, let's just say that." The reporters chuckle, but I'm not completely satisfied with this response.

"We won't be...releasing her name just yet, if at all. But she raised me seventeen years and deserves respect and privacy." My eyes go to Tony and he nods, telling me my answer is fine.

"How does the rest of the team feel about you, Miss Stark?" I don't catch who asked this question and when I look back to the group they all look eager for my answer. I falter. I have absolutely no clue what the team thinks of me, not even Natasha.

"I'm afraid that's all the time we have today. We still have to move everything in. Thank you for your time." Pepper steps forward and Tony pecks her cheek in thanks as he guides me inside. I let out a sigh of relief as soon as the doors close behind us.

"I wasn't horrible, right?" I ask as Tony grins down at me.

"You were great, kiddo. Better than I was at your age, for sure. Maybe almost better than I am now." He releases my hand to fluff my hair before tossing his arm across my shoulders. A sigh of relief escapes me and I lean into him just a tad. "You up for meeting the rest of the team now?" He asks, an achingly affectionate look on his face.

"Might as well do it now, right?" I agree and he chuckles, guiding me gently down the hallway. The lobby opens up into a huge space the size of time square. Huge windows are broken up by lines of rolling concrete, giving the illusion that the wall is a wave. The floor itself is concrete as well, but has a shiny finish that makes it seem a little fancier. In the middle of the floor are some couches, chairs, tables, and a long table pressed against the wall with a coffee maker and mugs stacked beside it. A waiting room, of sorts. To the right is a long balcony overlooking the huge room and just behind the glass protecting the edge I can see a smattering of doors. I'd say that's where the rooms are. To the left are a few steps leading to a lower platform that leads to the front yard. I can just barely see a huge fountain and the quinjet just outside.

"I'll give you the tour later, kiddo. Come on." Tony pulls me away from further investigating towards hidden stairs behind a wall to the right. We ascend slowly to the balcony and find two people already waiting for us.

"Miss me, Cap'n?" Tony teases the moment he sees Steve Rogers. The blonde super soldier and Natasha turn away from the window and he smiles at the sight of us.

"Said I would, didn't I?" Steve shoots back and walks over. Tony extricates himself from me to shake his hand with a teasing smile.

"May I introduce my genius offspring, Amelia?" I roll my eyes at the introduction, but offer my hand to Steve anyways.

"Hi. I promise I'm not too much like Tony." I swear and Steve's blue eyes crinkle at the sides at my words as he shakes my hand gently. His hand is big, callused, but still tender.

"Based off what Natasha has told me you two might be more alike than you think." We release our hands and he puts his hands on his hips, scanning me with a slightly disbelieving look. "You certainly are the spinning image of Stark." He shakes his head, but Natasha and Tony smile.

"He means you got all my good looks." Tony assures me before looking back at Steve. "Wait until you see what she can make, Cap. Brilliant." I blush at the praise and Steve glances at Natasha.

"Natasha says she nearly finished the suit in a night. Maybe we'll replace you with her, Stark." Steve teases and my eyes widen.

"Just the exoskeleton. And there's no way I'll be able to make an arc reactor without Tony's help." I point out and glance at Tony who's looking at me, as if surprised I'd defend him.

"We'll have to take the both of you then." Natasha breaks the silence and winks at me. "Nice work out there, by the way." Her eyes look to my heels and back to me.

"Thanks." I reply with a small smile.

"Ready to meet the rest of the team, kiddo?" Tony asks and once again wraps an arm around my shoulders. I'm grateful for it right now. The weight steadies me. Should've put Amica coding in my ears today, but I'm soothed when I feel the small strips in my pocket. I nod in response.

"How about Wanda first? She's close to your age." Natasha suggests and knocks on the nearest door that has a cute little wreath hanging on the outside. After a moment passes, it opens to reveal Wanda Maximoff in a cute grey sweater and white shorts. She looks at me, then between the adults behind me. Shit, I suck at meeting people.

"Uh. Hey." I say lamely, feeling the heat of embarrassment embracing my body.

"Amelia Stark?" She asks as the adults hover weirdly behind me.

"Yeah. I'm sort of...moving in?" I tell her and she nods. "Guys, could you not be right here?" I turn and ask the three of them with hot cheeks. "You're making me nervous." Steve nods to Wanda and heads to another door, slipping through it without a knock. Natasha thankfully drags Tony away to the window, so we have some privacy. "So, yeah. I'm Amelia." I reintroduce myself, feeling less weight on my shoulders. A soft smile now on her face, Wanda opens the door a little wider.

"Wanda." We nod to each other. "Would you like to come in for a minute?" She asks and steps aside. I duck in before I can change my mind. I've never really had friends other than Amica. That's part of why I made her.

"Thanks. You're...nineteen?" I ask as she shuts the door softly behind her. She waves a delicate hand to one of the fluffy seats and I sit on one while she sits on another a few feet away.

"In a few weeks, yes." She confirms. "You're moving in here today?" I nod.

"Yeah. Glad I'm not the only young one here." I shrug nervously, but my comment seems to have soothed her.

"It's a relief for me as well. Steve's really the only one close to my age, but he...acts older. Then there's Barnes, but..." She shrugs. "It gets a little tiring being in a group of only men. Natasha's great, but still." I'm nodding along with her.

"To be honest I've never really been around people my age that didn't hate me." I laugh a little and she nods.

"I've never had a close female friend." Wanda reveals, dark blue eyes shimmering.

"Well, then we'll stick together." I assure her and stand, digging in my pocket for the two strips. I pull them out and show them to Wanda when she stands too. "Uh, these are strips of code that stick to the inside of your ear. They have my personal A.I. in them, so if you need me, just tell her and she'll patch you through. Or listen to music, or podcasts, whatever." I turn and she watches closely as I press the thin piece against my skin. Her expression is skeptical as she looks between me and the strip, but she takes it anyway and presses it like I did in her ear.

"Hello, Ames. Ms. Maximoff." Amica greets us nicely and Wanda smiles.

"Hey Ami. Treat Wanda like you treat me, alright? Highest priority." I tell her, liking that I got Wanda to smile.

"You got it, boss." Amica agrees and I gesture for Wanda to try it.

"Um, call Amelia." Instantly, it patches her through.

"Alright, can you hear me alright?" I ask and her eyes light up when she nods.

"As if you were standing right next to me." She jokes and I smile.

"I've got to meet the rest of the team. We'll talk later, I guess?" She's nodding before I'm finished talking.

"Definitely." I walk out with a pleased smile on my face. At least I've made one seemingly good friend my age. Tony turns from the window and I give him a thumbs up.

"You talked for a while. Thank god the two of you get along. The both of you could benefit from the other." Tony congratulates me as the door Steve previously went through opens to reveal him and a rugged looking Bucky Barnes.

"Heard that." Wanda makes me smile before ending the call between us. Bucky looks a bit like a grumpy bear, but when his eyes land on me his eyes soften.

"Bucky Barnes." He inclines his head towards me and I incline mine towards him.

"Amelia." I say, still a little hesitant to add Stark. Bucky, however, has no such qualms.

"Stark. Not sure how I feel about having more of you around." He sends a jab Tony's way but Tony just rolls his eyes.

"She's the better Stark, trust me." Tony assures him and sends a wink my way.

"Now that, isn't in dispute." Bucky smiles a tiny bit at me as I frown a little bit at Tony. I'm about to refute his statement when a certain red man walks through a wall to greet us. His eyes land on me first, interest alight in their green, mechanical depths.

"Hello, Miss Stark." I'm shocked by how much he sounds like Jarvis, but not. It's different when there's a face attached to the voice.

"Amelia, please." I correct and offer my hand. He takes it and his hand is very cold, but smoother than any metal I've ever touched. He smiles slightly.

"Amelia. From the Latin root Amal, meaning work. A lovely name. I am Vision." He introduces himself strangely, but I'm relaxed in his presence.

"Nice to meet you." I tell him genuinely and release his hand. His smile grows a little, as if sensing my sincerity.

"Likewise." He responds and I turn to the group staring at us.

"Of course, you get along best with the orphan and the computer." Tony mumbles and shakes his head at me. "Time to see your room, kiddo." He tells me and speeds by me, taking me around the corner to an identical hallway, but with fewer doors. We rush to the farthest door and Tony swings it open with all the drama of a soap opera star. After shooting him a playfully disdainful look, I walk into it. There's a wall of half windows across from the door and a long rectangle of them above the bed. A view of the courtyard is a step down from the ocean view before, but I like seeing the driveway to know when people arrive. Just like the one at the tower, the bed is ordinary and covered in white linens. The room is sparse excepting the bed, a tv stand, a bookshelf, nightstands, and a dresser across from the big windows. The end of the bed faces a wall of gray paneling, but thankfully also a door leading to a private bathroom and closet.

"Thanks, Tony." I tell him and the words carry a little more weight than just a thank you for the room.

"I know it's plain now, but just make me a list of what you want in here and I'll get it for you by tomorrow. Picture frames, lighting, books, bedding, whatever." Tony tells me thoughtfully and my heart squeezes when I look back at him. His eyes are soft and happy. Hopefully my presence here doesn't change that. "This isn't even what I really wanted to show you. Up for more walking?" He asks with a smirk on his face. I roll my eyes and sit on the bed to slip my shoes off, sighing when my feet hit the floor.

"Let's go." I wave him forward and follow behind as he leaves.

"Your things from the house will be here soon. Most likely before we come back up." Tony tells me as we descend the second flight of stairs.

"From where?" I question, thinking maybe this place has some hidden dungeon. When Tony glances back at me, there's mischief in his eyes.

"I told you I had a desk made last minute for you in the workshop. Did you doubt me?" He asks just as we walk through glass doors just like back in Malibu into a mechanic's dream.

"I was a little preoccupied with talking to the press and meeting the Avengers. If you haven't noticed, I'm not one for meeting new people." I tell him as I marvel at the space. It looks like a ten-car garage, honestly, but instead of cars it houses suits. There's got to be at least fifty in here alone and empty spaces for more. There's a platform for testing thrusters on one end and four desks on the other end.

"So, what do you think kiddo?" Tony asks and moves in front of me, knocking on the first two metal desks. "These are yours. Even stole one of your coding strips and added Amica to it." He raises the screens on one side to show the folders she'd made for me.

"Mr. Stark was very efficient and before you ask, no, he didn't read anything. Although he wanted to." Amica tells me in my ear and out of the desk. Tony shrugs, admitting it.

"I still want to, but I won't go through your stuff without permission. God, that would be horrible." Tony shakes his head just as I spy my exoskeleton of the suit beside my desk. "Oh yeah. Had that brought here first. I suggest you change before working on it though." I nod along to his words, still a little in awe of the space.

"It's really beautiful, Tony. Thank you." I walk over and after a second's thought, reach up and peck his cheek. Wide, dark eyes look down at me as he smiles.

"Sure, sweetie." He says and runs a hand over my hair tenderly. I swallow the emotion in my throat and back up towards the stairs.

"I'm going to go change. Be right back." I tell him and he watches me go with an amused smile. When I get to my room I'm surprised to find my stuff is already here. As well as a red man. "Hey Vision." I greet him and he turns calmly to face me.

"Hello, Amelia. I was simply making sure your things arrived safely." He tells me and I instantly believe him. Actually, I'm not sure if he sees the purpose in lying.

"That's kind of you, Vision." I tell him and choose the suitcase with my comfortable clothes in it, setting it on my bed and opening it.

"Wanda told me friends look out for one another." He shares and our eyes meet, his unsure and mine amused.

"And we're friends?" I ask with a smile. His hands clasp as he walks gracefully to the other side of my bed so we're facing one another.

"I would like us to be. To be perfectly honest, you are one of the few that has not hesitated to touch my skin and you seem...comfortable around me." He sighs. "Forgive me if I've misread this, Wanda tells me I am not skilled at reading others." I laugh a little. Seems I've finally met someone less skilled with people than I am.

"I think your reading is correct. Consider us friends, Vision." I tell him, finally choosing navy sweatpants and a rust colored, loose tank-top. His smile is cute and sincere, but he doesn't make any move to leave. "I'm just going to change, be right back." He nods and I slip into the bathroom with a little laugh on my lips. I change quickly, laying my clothes on the sink when I'm done. It feels so good to have pants on again. When I walk out of the bathroom Vision is just where I left him.

"You look lovely." He tells me and I let myself laugh lightly.

"Thanks. Care to walk with me down to the workshop?" I suggest, already walking that direction.

"I'd be happy to." He accepts and walks next to me, clearly modifying his long strides to my slightly shorter ones. "So, until now you were raised by your mother?" Vision strikes up a conversation in his own way.

"In a way. I provided a lot of my own food, housing, that sort of stuff since I was thirteen." I tell him as we slowly walk down the stairs. "She did her best, but just wasn't in the best position to be a good mother." Vision watches me carefully as I speak and I like it. I can tell he's actually listening.

"As I understand it in this society, that is a young age to begin caring for oneself, yes?" He asks and I nod.

"Yes, it is." I confirm, looking up into his green eyes. Vision absorbs this just as we're about to descend the last flight of stairs.

"And how did you provide for yourself?" He questions intelligently. I sigh, thinking back.

"Uh, well, a little bit of everything I guess. Mainly fixing things. Cars, air conditioners, computers, anything. People pay a lot of money for that stuff." We come to the door and he holds it open for me.

"That is very impressive, Amelia." Vision tells me as I back into the room. I shrug and look around the room for Tony, but it looks like he's disappeared for the time being.

"It was what had to be done." I tell him and push the stool towards him so he can sit on it. He does so and watches as I start to work. "Amica, bring up what we were working on last night?" I ask and she brings up the projection for me. "You're welcome to stay as I work, but I may be slow to answer." Vision nods and makes no move to leave, so I just start working. I've barely started when Wanda calls.

"Amelia?" She sounds unsure of our connection, but her voice makes me smile.

"Hey Wanda." I greet her and point to my ear to tell Vision what's going on. He nods, sensing the electrical connection no doubt.

"Hey. Where are you?" She asks as I attach the finished arm to the rest of the skeleton.

"Down in the workshop. You're welcome to come down. Vision is here." The corner of his mouth turns up when I mention him.

"Vis? Alright. I'll be there in a minute." The line goes dead and I continue my work, happy Vision will have someone to talk to if he wants. I smile at Wanda when she comes in and Vision pulls a stool over for her. Their quiet talking is a nice background noise as I work and since they have each other I don't have to worry about them feeling ignored. My work quickly takes all of my attention and I've finished the arms, legs, and nearly the torso when I'm interrupted.

"Is this some sort of viewing party?" Tony asks from the doorway and I look up to find the people I just met are all here, sitting, standing, leaning, just watching me work. My face heats up instantly.

"You never let us watch you work, Stark." Bucky says and takes my pause as permission to get up and walk around the nearly finished machine. "You've got serious skill, kid." He tells me and I'm more than happy to take the compliment. I'm certain they don't come often from him. My face gets a little red and his eyes get even softer as he notices.

"Thanks. Uh, could you all tell me when you're watching next time?" I ask him and turn to encompass the others. "Minus Vision and Wanda." I add and they both smile.

"We tried. You didn't answer." Steve tells me with an earnest look in his eyes. Oh.

"Oh." I sigh and shrug helplessly at Tony.

"Alright, everyone out! Wanda, it's you and Vision's turn to make dinner anyways, so good luck." Tony shouts and everyone files out, leaving just him and me. "Well, a lock will definitely be installed tomorrow. Geez." He rubs his forehead.

"Sorry, Tony. I didn't mean to-" I start, but Tony waves his hand unconcernedly at me.

"Not your fault, honey. Glad they got to see you work though. They should be impressed by you." He winks at me and comes over to look at my work. "This is damn good work, kiddo." A smile teases the edge of my lips.

"Still need to do the chest which is going to be a bitch." Tony looks up at me with questioning eyes. "Boobs, Tony. Little harder to shape the metal." My smile is bright when Tony's look turns a bit sheepish.

"Right. That makes sense." He straightens from looking at the waist and crosses his arms. I only now notice he's wearing sports shorts and a Black Sabbath T. "If you need help, just ask. No boobs, but I have a great ass I had to shape my suit into." He jokes and I can't stop my laugh. When I open my eyes again, Tony is smiling victoriously. "Finally got a laugh. Told you I would." I roll my eyes and shoo him away to go back to work. As the hours pass, I focus all around the chest to get the most done that I can and when Tony stops me I'm nearly there. All that's left is the head and the boobs. Ugh.

"But I'm just so close." I complain as Tony drags me up the stairs by my shirt.

"And you'll finish after dinner. Come on kid, I'm not going to have you turn out like me." At that I look at him with a frown.

"You keep saying things like that but being a respected business man and hero isn't too shabby." I point out logically and he rolls his eyes.

"I meant working too much. Forgetting to eat, to drink, to sleep." Tony specifies, leading me across the balcony and past the rooms.

"I'll do those things when I'm done." I mumble and Tony shoots me a warning look that I nearly giggle at. Then, we've reached the kitchen/dining/living room. The far wall is covered in windows and the living room is just in front of it. Leather chairs and couches facing each other and a flatscreen mounted on the wall. The kitchen is just inside the door and separated from the rest of the room by a long island with bar stools on the other side. Separating the two halves of the room is a big, long, dark table with over a dozen chairs sat at it. It's nice.

"It's a miracle you're actually here on time, Stark." Wanda teases. "It's rare he's ever on time." She tells me and I shake my head.

"He dragged me up here. I wanted to keep working." I tell her and she smirks at me.

"Either way, it's your fault he's up here at a reasonable time." Steve comes over and pats my back gently as he passes. "Means I don't have to go down later with a plate and a cup of coffee." He continues in a teasing tone, but his eyes are genuinely pleased. That makes me like him a little more, thinking that he looks after Tony when Pepper isn't here.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Can we feed my kid now?" Tony dismisses everyone's teasing and we walk over to the table. He sits at the head of the table and I sit beside him.

"We're feeding everyone, not just me." I murmur and Tony smirks at my quiet words. Everyone else slowly comes over and sits down at the table beside one another. Wanda sits beside me and Vision sits across from her. Natasha sits in front of me, Steve beside Wanda and Bucky in front of Steve. A few minutes pass with idle chatter before Vision and Wanda stand and serve some sort of stew. Very much aware of Wanda beside me, I do not make a face at it. What can I say? I'm not a fan of mixing a whole bunch of food together. Despite this, when everyone starts eating I take a bite. It's pretty good. Tangy, pleasantly spicy, but with a hell of a kick at the end that has me chugging water.

"Not usually one for spicy food?" Wanda asks me quietly with an amused smile on her face. Looking over at her I shake my head, swishing water around in my mouth.

"No, not really. It's good though. Just...hot." I take a couple breaths while Wanda watches. I'm suddenly surprised to look up and find everyone is either looking at me or was clearly just looking at me. My face turns a little hotter than before.

"So, Amelia..." Natasha calls my attention to her and I relax a little when I meet her familiar green eyes. "have you given any thought to learning any self-defense moves?" Tony splutters on his water and we all turn to watch him struggle to regain his breath. Red in the face, he tries speaking.

"No. No physical training." Tony denies me and I instantly frown.

"Defense training, Tony. Come on. How am I going to learn to use the suit if I don't even know how to move out of it?" I ask and wait for his answer. Worried eyes scan me and I find myself rethinking my stance a little. "Look, we'll take it up later?" I push the topic off and watch the worry fade into the back of his mind.

"Maybe we'll talk about it when the suit is done." Tony amends and I smile a little.

"So, tonight?" I tease and the table rumbles a little in surprise.

"You think you'll be finished by tonight?" Steve asks on the other end of the table. I lean forward to look at him and I nod.

"I know I will be. As long as Tony helps me with an arc reactor." I look back at Tony and he winks at me.

"You bet kiddo. Told you she was a genius, Cap." Tony brags a little and I look helplessly at Wanda who smirks at me.

"Seems she's gotten all your good qualities, Stark. The few you do have." Steve teases and Tony rolls his eyes.

"At least I have some to pass on, unlike your spangled ass." Tony raises a glass to Steve's smiling face and takes a sip. My bowl now empty, I very hesitantly stand and take it into the kitchen, then return to Tony's side.

"I'm headed back down, is that okay?" I ask just to make sure.

"Sure. I'll be down in a bit. Need me to bring anything?" He asks sweetly, pride clear in his eyes.

"Coffee?" I request sheepishly, pinching the skin between my thumb and pointer finger when I feel more eyes on me. Tony takes my hands and pulls me down a bit to kiss my cheek.

"You got it. Go have fun." He encourages and I squeeze his hands before fleeing. As soon as I'm out of the room I sigh in relief. Groups of people I don't know aren't really my scene. I zoom down to the workshop and get to work immediately. The helmet takes me a surprising amount of time because I have such thick fucking hair, but I manage alright. Tony laughs when he walks in and I'm shaping the breast plate, but he did bring a twelve-ounce cup of coffee that I really appreciate. Together we finish the plate and he gifts me a reactor. A violet reactor.

"Did you make it this color for me?" I ask as we take off our protective masks. Tony shrugs, looking immensely satisfied with the finished project. Sparkling silver and glowing violet, it looks damn good. I'll have to figure out a paint scheme soon, but for now I'd be happy with taking it for a spin.

"Yeah. Didn't take much, just a little tweaking." Tony brushes it off while I stare at him, touched. "You ready for a test flight?" He asks with bright eyes and a playful grin.

"Are you kidding? Yes!" I answer the fire in his eyes with my own and jump in the suit while Tony double clicks on his chest for his own. His is faster than mine, for now, so even though I was in first our helmets shut at the same time. "Amica?" I call and my display appears in front of me in shades of purple, of course.

"I'm ready when you are, Ames. Mr. Stark is present as well." I look down to my left and see his grinning, slightly anxious, face.

"I'll follow you, kiddo. Go for it." He puts on a smile for me and I take a breath.

"Alright, Ami. You know the math needed for flight?" I ask, getting a tad nervous myself.

"Of course, boss." She tells me, but kindly doesn't mention my accelerated heartrate.

"Then let's go." I grin and wiggle my fingers in anticipation. My thrusters kick on and I do my best to stay very still and ramrod straight.

"Good job. You're aces kid." Tony encourages and hovers just in front of me. I nod to him and relax, making sure I can move around without a problem. My grin tips Tony off and he moves out of the way, signaling for one of the walls to move. I watch, shocked, as a wall with suits on it slides out and to the side to reveal the yard and the night sky.

"Good thinking." I commend before flying out and into the navy silk of the dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 361 21
[ON HOLD] 6 years old. That was Y/N's age when the genius, billionaire, ex-playboy, philanthropist Tony Stark found her. That was the age she was f...
1.2K 15 10
!!! IT'S NOT STARKER !!! !!! IT'S COMPLETE AND REVIEWED !!! Tony Stark and Steve Rogers adopt the amazing and sweet Peter Parker, who has lost all hi...
48.5K 1K 39
You're a normal person with a loving family, a loving mom and dad, who claims to be that you're the apple of their eye. And you of course, have the a...
93.3K 1.6K 60
• CURRENTLY EDITING THIS STORY TO MAKE IT A BIT BETTER IG • ~ Follow our favourite Russian spy's story on how she decided to make a huge decision tha...