☆Chase Me, Shumai.☆

By Luca_Balsa

Shuichi Saihara, The ultimate detective along with Kyoko Kirigiri. They work as partners in the police forces... More

01 • The start of the game
02 • Kaito Momota
03 • The big bang
05 • Darkness
06 • War
07 • Brusies
08 • Black and white
09 • Questionaire
010 • Murder
011 • The Criminal, Assassin and Detective
012 • Turning Tables
013 • Tick Tock
014 • Rabbit and wolves
C̸͛̕ẖ̷̛̣͙̊̈́̄̇̄́͘e̵̾́͒́c̷͂k̶̑̑̆̈̊m̶͐̃̑͘a̴̓t̶͉̲̀̏͋̊̚͠͠ĕ̸́
016 • Miss me?
017 • Sorry Shumai~
018 • Demur
019 • Bury me in a field of flowers and say I love you
Authors note
020 • It's not gay if you have socks on
021 • Wa?
00 • Authors note
00 • Friendly PSA
00 • Important update!!
New Story

04 • Motive

4.4K 179 700
By Luca_Balsa

AN : Sorry for not posting. Family stuff came up.

Shuichi picked up a single piece of plastic, running his hand across the surface of the object. He glanced back at his hand, noticing the black marks on his fingers as soon as he touched it. Further on, that proves thnat it was used for the bombs explosion. Shuichi glanced towards Kirigiri as he spoke.

"What would their motive for money be? I feel like they aren't the type of people who would rob a bank then go on a shopping spree."

Shuichi stated, standing up as he continued to examine the scene. Kirigiri shifted away rocks that had been cascaded across the ground softly.

"Perhaps they have to pay something off. Like a debt."

She stated, crouching down as she brushed away some more rocks. Shuichi nodded softly- assuming that is possible. Kirigiri sent him the look- that told him to go talk to them instead of messing up what she wad doing. But, would the leader really go in debt? Shuichi placed his mind away, before standing up. Quietly in the corner, Maki had entered a while ago. A small cut on her cheek was the cause of Kaitos worried hushed tone. Shuichi adjusted the hat, before shifting towards the two.

"Maki? What happened?"

Shuichi hushed down his tone as Kirigiri was still investigating the scene. Maki pushed Kaitos sleeve away from her rosy red cheek, her ruby gaze fitted somewhere else.

"Kaito, stop. It's just a little cut."

Maki huffed, attempting to reason with the astronaut. Kaito shifted back, a frown fitted on his face.

"At least let me get you a bandaid, 'Kay, Maki~Roll?"

Kaito stated, and before she could already reply he had exited the room quickly. Maki gave out a halve annoyed puff, her hands sliding through her left brown pigtail. Shuichi glanced back to Maki, tempted to wipe the blood from her cheek. But- that was slightly creepy.

"Maki, what happen-"

"Shuichi. The person I fought caught me off guard. Not a lot of people are able to do that. He was skilled, he was good. He was able to get me onto the ground. He had skills unlike most human beings. Whatever this is- they aren't playing around, Shuichi. You better be careful."

Maki's voice was filled with both concern and slight anger as her red gaze darkened slightly. Shuichi shifted his glance away, before his mind sparked slightly.

"Did you see his face, Maki?"

Shuichi asked, a slight feeling of happiness battling his feeling of defeat and despair in his stomach. If she could give him a description of the male- he could track him back. But, when Maki shook her head the hopeful feeling instantly disappeared.

"But, he Around 179cm with the weight possibly being 62 kg. Around 16 to 18, possibly younger. He was quick and agile. Green hair with two ahoges."

Maki repeated what she had thought while studying him. You could find out a lot from someone by just studying their body, as noted. Shuichi watched Maki in awe, a smile softly spreading across his face.

"M-Maki, that's amazing! You're like- a detective."

Shuichi gushed softly. She wasn't a detective, but she was already much better then him. He was unreliable. He was pathetic. He could have stopped him right there, but he was stupid. He should have gave Chase instead of standing there like a deer caught in headlights.

"You need to know how to judge people's weight and height to assassinate them, Saihara."

Maki glared somewhat- generally not liking talking about her past. Maki's glance slid away from the detective as Kaito slid through the door with nothing but a bandaid with a pink cat on it, saying 'meow.' Maki stiffened somewhat at the sight of the horrid thing.

"Kaito, what the hell is that?"

Maki spoke as he approached her. He took the bandaids covers off them, reaching over to put it on her cut. She shifted away, but he had eventually placed it on her heated up cheeks.

"Its a bandaid, silly!"

Kaito grinned, shifting back as he studied Maki's face. Maki rolled her eyes, giving out a loud puff. She stood up, her cheeks remaining a bright red.

"You're an idiot, Kaito."

Maki stated, her arms crossing against her chest as she glanced up towards him.

"I'm your idiot, Maki~Roll."

Kaito grabbed her shoulders before tenderly kissing her forehead, causing her face to go red. Shuichi slid his glance away, towards Kirigiri. Kirigiri glanced towards him, before softly nodding as she stood up. Shuichi trailed behind her once more, stopping when she did.

"If theres anything else you guys remember about this event, please come and tell us and no one else. Thank you for your time. A clean up crew will be here soon enough to clean up the mess. For now I would recommend staying far from this room."

Shuichi smiled softly before waving a goodbye, following Kyoko out. Shuichi dropped silent with the female detective, allowing his thoughts to side through and beat himself up. The door chimed open silently, the eerily happy beams of the honey coated light shining down on him, taunting him. His hand slid around the cars handle before snapping it open after a minute of nothing. Kirigiri started the car, glancing towards him with a blank look.

"Shuichi, are you alright?"

She asked, her voice softening as if she was speaking to a child who dropped their Ice cream. Shuichi glanced towards her, adjusting his hat.

"Yeah yeah, I just got lost in my thoughts, nothing much. Sorry."

Shuichi smiled softly before adjusting his hat, slipping his seatbelt on. He turned towards his window, the smile easily slipping away. Why couldn't he get him?

_-_Break_-_

Shuichi's hat remained on the coffee table, his glance staring up at the roof. A heavy feeling remained pressed against his shoulders, disabling just the mere of getting up any time soon. He rolled into his side, falling into the monotone couch with a soft thud. He was stupid. But he couldn't stand there and do nothing, distracted by his face. He knew he didn't have the upper hand, so he blurted out the first thing that came to mind to somewhat delay him. It didn't work, that was by far obvious. Shuichi rolled onto his back, growing wiery of everything in his room. The soft clicking of the clock each second, a car zooming by outside his window. The chatter of people and the steps outside his door. The sudden knock at the door and the birds chirping-
Shuichi's glance snapped towards the door, unsure if he should get up and open it.

_-_Break_-_
×Kokichi Omas P.O.V×

"Have you gotten anything on the detective?"

Kokichi glanced over, placing the fry into his mouth as he leaned back, his hands sliding behind in head in a lazy manner. A female with a clown mask and two long blonde pigtails turned the device over to him.

"He lives in a apartment alone. He's like, 17. And he is pretty. Boss, Are you coming out of the closet?"

The female's smile under the mask grey sneakily, a small giggle escaping her mouth.

"Shut up, I'm not gay!"

Kokichi narrowed his glance coldly, reaching for another fry. His hand was slapped away as she placed the device down.

"Don't be a pig, boss. And what's your sudden interest in this kid? Besides your romance life, anyways."

She pointed to the screen, her body hovering over the fries to prevent him from taking another one. Kokichi, took one instead.

"He's a detective. He seems the easiest to be manipulated, unlike his partner. She's like, the definition of scary."

Kokichi shuddered somewhat, the smile spreading across his face. He swallowed his fry before sitting up, picking up his mask. A small crack had formed at the left side of it, but it still seemed to be intact.

"Let's go get ourselves a detective, eh?"

×××

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 460 35
Welcome to the Conundrum Corporation. Where we strive to give h̶o̶p̶e̶ to the world. How? H̶o̶p̶e̶ F̶r̶a̶g̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ From? H̶o̶p̶e̶-L̶i̶e̶s̶. What a...
43.7K 1.7K 25
SAIOUMA Soulmate AU Phantom thief AU I own no art unless specified Updates when I say so (as frequently as possible-) ---- Shuichi Saihara and Kyoko...
315K 11.1K 31
Shuichi Saihara's trying to live his best life without any trickery, lying, or scheming. It's going pretty well until his teacher assigns him a proje...
1.6K 95 11
*Discontinued* Rewrite version "The Mirror Cards" ⚠𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘⚠️ •Character death •Swearing •Gore •Violence New Description: Kokichi Ouma, the...