Accepting the Alpha

By under_your_skin

Do you know what it's like to have your life changed in a blink of an eye? Never would I have ever imagined m... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Fixed a chapter
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7 part 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 10

1.9K 44 7
By under_your_skin

TO ALL MY BEAUTIFUL READERS, THANKS SO MUCH.

Recap:  "Hey honey, how was your first day?

"It was good, thanks mom."

"Scarlett, you missed training for the past three days.  I don't want this to become a habit."

God, he didn't even say hi, all he has to talk about is the stupid training.  What happened to my father?  How was I supposed to get over whatever it was he was hiding from me if he doesn't even try and make up for it. 

Chapter 10

I swear, he was turning into uncle Liam.  He was just like that with Nora, his daughter.  Well, until what happened.  It was tragic if you think about it.  

I seriously hope, for everyone's sake, we don't turn into them.  Ever.

I didn't bother answering him.  I think the look I gave him said enough.  I walked right into my room and grabbed my phone.

Hey punk, you're officially the worst friend ever.  You didn't even say bye.  But anyways, call, text, whatever just let me know you're okay.  Okay, now I wait.  

Or better yet, I let off some steam.

I changes into some sweatpants and a tank top.  If I had a cape right now, I would have screamed 'to the basement' with one hand held out high while the other on my waist.  Superhero style, that's right.

Punching bag, there you go.  I went towards it, I put my headphones in and let the music carry me.  I didn't even bother to wear the gloves, my hands will be messed up tomorrow, but I didn't care.  I punched and punched.  Each time my fist hit the punching bag, I felt a bit of tension leave my body as my hand absorbed the shock from it.  My knuckled were tingling, that felt so good.  It's sounds sadistic, I know.  But I feel like the physical pain brings me peace inside.   

I punched away all the angry I had towards my dad, all the worry I had about Eddie, and most of all, all the weird emotion Kyle makes me feel.  I was like I can feel a bazillion emotions at the same time around him.  I felt, love, worry, lust, confusion, and those tingles.  God, those tingles.  They were out of this world.  It was like my body was tingling to be next to him.  Like he was the air I needed to breath.  It was crazy I know.  How can you feel like this with someone you barely know, maybe love at first sight does exist.

Someone once told me love comes with time.  But that's not true love.  It's more of a feeling of comfort and protection to someone you've known for a while that it starts to feels like love.  Don't get me wrong, yeah you love them and so on.  But you can't say you're in love with them.  Because no matter how long you know a person,  you won't feel the tingles I feel with Kyle.  Because those, they come instantly, not over time.

So, what was I getting at?  Am I in love with Kyle?

I was too afraid to answer that.  Because even though I just met him, I felt like I've known him a lifetime.  I could feel the skin on my hands start to tear a little because of how long I've been doing this.  I just couldn't find it in me to stop.  I lost myself to my mind.  

A hand landed on my shoulder and I turned around so fast, I got a whip lash.  My fist connected with a face instead of the punching bag.

"Oh my God!  Dad, I'm so sorry.  I didn't mean it.  Are you okay?"

My dad rubbed his jaw,  "Quite a right hook you got there.  I taught you well."

I felt horrible.  I mean yeah I was mad at him, but seriously, I just hit my dad.

"I'm so sorry, dad.  Honestly, you just scared me.  I didn't even realize it was you.  I am so, so sorry."

"It's okay, Scarlett."

"Why did you sneak up on me like that?"

"I didn't.  Your music is so loud I practically hear it upstairs.  I called your name 10 times already.  What are you still doing up?  It's 3 in the morning."

Wow, 4 hours! That realization suddenly made me very exhausted.  "I didn't noticed it was this late.  I'm gonna go to bed.  Again, I'm sorry."  

Half way up the stairs my dad spoke.

"Scarlett?" He sounded hesitant.

"Yeah?"

"If I'm ever tough on you, it's for your benfit.  You know that, right?  I don't do this because I want, but because I have to."  Is this his way of saying sorry?  I didn't know what to say.  So I just nodded and left. I was exhausted to the point of just knocking out, but I was too sweaty.

I got into the shower.  This has to be the quickest shower I will ever take because I just want to get in bed.  Come on, come on.  Faster.  I don't want the sleep to escape my eyes.  

While I was scrubbing my body, I took notice of the state of condition of my knuckles.  My goodness.  They are so red.  I can see the raw skin on them.  Maybe not wearing the gloves was a bad idea.  Crap, this was going to be even worse in the morning.

I dried myself and put on a loose t-shirt.  Before I made it to bed I checked my phone.  One new message.

Hey Scar, I'm so sorry about not saying bye, but I sorta got caught up with something.  Stop worrying though I'm okay.  Thanks for asking.  Way to be discrete Ed.

I made my way to bed thinking I'll reply in the morning.  I dreamt of Kyle.  Again.  This was like a routine now.  Every night he invaded my dreams.  This time though, we were in the clearings I got lost in.  I was scared of something, I don't know what.  But there were shadows in the trees.  He was standing in front of me saying that it was alright.  

"Everything's okay sweetheart.  Don't worry.  I got it all under control.  Just trust me Scarlett."

His eyes.  His crystal clear blue eyes, were beckoning me to trust him.  And I felt nothing more than safe looking at them.  Looking at him.  He was bringing me peace.  He was making me whole.

I loved this.  Every second of his presences.  It would make me feel something magical.  Something out of my realm.

Which was why I was a bit upset when I woke up.  I swear it's like my mind has it's own alarm to wake up at 7 each day.  Curse you awareness.

I got up kicking the covers off angrily.  I felt so sore.  My shoulders and arms were 100 pounds heavier.  It was very difficult and very painful to move them.  Okay, this is last time I spend 4 hours punching anything.  I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.  Maybe I shouldn't have slept with wet hair.  

I was right, my knuckles were worse this morning.  They were purple and blue and just disgusting to look at.  I went to my drawer and got out a pair of panties and a bra.  I trade my loose t-shirt with them.  I had to spend some time to tame my bedhead.  And, oh God, the bags I have under my eyes.  Make me pretty makeup.

Jeez, I surprise myself with how weird I can be.  Make me pretty makeup?  Really?

Since I facially look like complete crap, I might as well wear something nice.  Mmmm.  What?

Oh I know.  My light brown tights with my navy blue skirt.  Okay, what about the shirt?  Cream or brown?

Eenie meenie minie mo.  Brown it is.  And for the final touch.  Brown leather boots.  Okay.  I can officailly say I look cute.  I grabbed my matching brown leather satchel bag, cream pea coat, and gloves, and left my house.

I drove to school in a haze.  Mainly because I had those little butterflies you get when you can't wait for something.  What couldn't I wait for?  The math test first period?  Because I sure as hell wanted to deal that for a while.  Okay, so sine square x plus cosine square x equal 1, so that means that...Kyle's eyes are gorgeous.  NO.  Focus, the inverse would be sec squared plus 1 equal, his gorgeous smile.  

Okay I give up.  Hello F.  The one subject that comes easy to me is not coming at all right now.

I made it to school early.  Yay, I get a good parking spot, take that nerds.  Wouldn't that make me a nerd for coming early though?  Whatever, I shrugged.

Man, something is seriously wrong with me....

"Hey."

"Hi." I said confused.  

"You're here early."

"Yeah,"  I said with the same confused tone, "Uhm, you're early too."

"I always am, but you on the other hand, never are."

"Lara, I get that we're talking again, but I thought that was only in Spanish class when you needed help.  Is there something I'm missing here."

"No, I just thought I'd come to say hi."  She was nonchalant.  Okay, whatever I'll go along.

"Okay, so hi."

She laughed, "Way to be awkward."

Way to be mind fucking me.  

"Hey, sweetheart."  Oh, how I know this voice.  It was the best sound ever.  I felt my confused face break into a grin.  Lara raised her eyebrows and smiled in a knowing way.

"Again, I have a name Kyle."  I could hear the smile in my voice.  I turned around and my mouth parted.  He looked drop dead stunning.  He was wearing a gray shirt that sculpted his body and the leather jacket on top made him even more sexy.  I noticed I was drooling, well not really but I was close to it, so I bit on my lip to keep from having my mouth fall open again.

"I can't seem to remember it today.  You know with all the other girls and what not."  He smirked and I raised my eyebrow.

"Well, come back when you actually remember it."  I turned around to Lara, "So, about that assignment. Maybe we should do it together."

He laughed and held my wrist.  "Okay, okay. I'm sorry."  Lara looked at where he was touching me.

"No, no, no.  I'm not going to get in the middle of this.  I'll see you in class Scarlett."  She left.

"I don't how sincere you really are, you know, with you laughing and what not."  I said trying to word it the way he did earlier.

 "Scarlett, I wouldn't even dream of forgetting you."  He was smiling his real smile and it left me breathless. 

I took a shaky breath.  "Of course you wouldn't."

The bell rang just then.  "Ahhhhhh."

"What?"

"Math test."

He laughed, "Don't go to class then."

"I can't, I'm going to get an F."

"No you won't."

"Yes I will."

"Just say you didn't go because you didn't feel good."

"So I didn't feel good but I went to all my other classes?"

He smirked.  "Then just skip the whole day.  With me."

I just looked at him.

When I didn't say anything for a while, he said, "But, you know if you want to go and fail then be my guest."  He was gesturing for me to go.

"Okay, where are we going?"

He grinned like a kid on christmas.  "Come on.  We'll go to whatever comes to mind."  He led me to his car.  And my, it was a nice car.  And expensive.  Well, I guess you would be obligated to have an expensive car if you live in a house like his, right?

I never really paid attention to his car last time I was in it.  I think I was too focused on how good he smelled.  And holy crap, his car was raidating with his smell.  He laughed when I took a deep breath trying to inhale as much of the scent as I could.

"What?  It smells good."

"Nothing, you just looked so out of it when you did that."

"Huh?"

"Like you were in a different universe."

I still didn't get it but I'm not going to make myself look slow.  "Okay."

He grinned probably knowing that I was lost.  "So what do you want to do?"

"Really, so you want me to skip school with you, and you have no idea where to go.  Wow, way to blow that one out of the roof."

"Are you really sure you want to play under my rules?  Because, if that's the case, then I have a couple things in mind."

I laughed,  "And what are they?"

"Well, for starters, we can go to my house.  I'll give you a detour of everything.  Then my room." He looked at me when he said that.  I was glaring at him. So he smiled, "And show you this really cool video game I just bought."  I grinned because even though I know where he was going with this, it was a cute save.   "Ah, see I like to see that."

"See what?"

"You're smile.  It's beautiful."

"Well, I can't help it, it comes naturally."

"Okay, you're getting too cocky now."  We spent the next couple of minutes bickering about who's more cocky.  And he won the that title.

"Okay, seriously we've been driving around to nowhere.  Where are we going to go?"

"Did you eat breakfast?"

"No, why?  Did you hear the grumbles my stomach has been making?"

"Yeah, and it's really annoying."  He laughed, "No, but I'm serious, do you want get something to eat?"

"I'm good for a little longer."

He didn't see anything.  Okay wrong answer I guess, but the next thing I know we're in town parking in front of a local restaurant. 

"Way to listen to what I have to say."

"Hey, you might not want to eat, but I do."

"Okay why didn't you say so then."

"Because I'm lying."  

"That's reassuring."

As we were walking in he held my hand.  I didn't know how to feel about that.  But I loved the way my hand fit into his.  My heart started to beat faster.  His head tilted towards me a little, like he can hear how loud my heartbeats got.

We went inside and he lead me to a little booth next to the glass wall.  It was beautiful view when it statrted to snow.  

"What do you want to eat?"  It wasn't an actual restaurant with waiters, you had to go to the counter to order your food.

"What's good here?"

"Anything sweet here is amazing."

"Okay, how about a chocolate muffin?"

He glared at me, "How about some real food and a chocolate muffin?"

"How about hot chocolate with a muffin?"

He sighed, "Fine."

I stared out the window.  The snow was making everything more magical.  Wow, I want to go make a snow angel.

He came back with four muffins and two hot chocolates.

"What's with all the muffins."

"Well, one isn't enough for me, and its really not enough for you either."

I smiled, "Okay."  He can have the my second one then.  "Do you think the snow is so pretty?"

He seemed taken back by my random words.  "Yeah, I guess.  I don't know, it's just really annoying when it gets in your fur."

"You're worried about your hair that bad?"

"Uh, yeah.  I mean come on, I spend hours doing it."

"Really?"

"No, that's my sister's job.  She spends hours doing that.  Oh God, please tell me you're not like that."

I laughed, "No, I don't think I'd have the will power to focus on my hair for that long.  And speaking of your sister, you said she's younger than you, how come I don't see her in school."

"She's homeschooled."

"Why?"

"Uh, let's just say, she used to get in a lot of trouble in school."

"But, she seemed so nice."

"Oh, she is, but she can't control herself when she's angry."

"Okay, I'm not registering it but whatever."

I could tell the conversation was over.  So I started chewing on my muffin.  I couldn't help when a moan escaped my mouth, the muffin was just so good.  I looked at Kyle who was looking at me.  His blue eyes looked black and his expression was hot.  "It's really good."

"Yeah, I bet."

By the time I was finished with half of my muffin, he was done with both of his.  And I thought I was a fast eater.  I pushed my second one towards him.

"No, I'm good."

"Look, I really don't want it, soo.  It's a win-win situation for everyone."

He looked at me to confirm that I wasn't bluffing about not wanting it.  He took the muffin and devoured it.

I finished mine and just wanted to go play in the snow. "Come on, kyle.  We'll drink the hot chocolate outside."

"I already finished mine, you're just slow."  He sounded just like Eddie.  But I wasn't, they were just freakishly fast.

We left but instead of taking his car we walked around town and into the woods.  I love this about the place.  It was like having a park everywhere you go.

"Heads up."  I threw a snowball at him.

He looked at me, "You really don't want start this with me."

"If you can't take the heat, then get out the kitchen."  I threw another one at him.  This time he dodged it.  And in the middle of me throwing one at him I got hit with a snowball.  "Oh that's it, game on.  I threw one and ran for cover.  I felt so cool, like I was in an action movie.  He did the same.  And balls were flying everywhere.

It went on for what felt like forever.  My arms were getting tired of the action.  "Okay, Okay.  Please just stop I give up."  Mainly because I was losing.

I got up slowly and got hit once.  "KYLE. I was serious."  I tried that again, no hitting this time.

"Okay, gave up already.  I told you not to start with me." His voice came from behind me.

"How did you get here so fas-" My words were cut of with how close he was.  He was leaning in for a kiss.  I let myself fall back into snow.  His face was shocked and confused.

I looked up at him, "What's the point of snow, if you're not going to make an angel."  He smiled at me and in mere seconds he was next to me on the floor.

"Okay, let's who makes a better angel."  He sounded so light right now.  It was really nice to hear him like this.

We made snow angels but laid there for awhile looking at the sky.  We didn't talk and that  made it seem magical.  It was like just the presence of each other was enough.  Meaningless words didn't need to fill the time. We were just left to our thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?"

"You."  I smiled, because I was thinking about him too.

"Kyle?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm cold.  The snow went up my skirt."

He laughed so loud I think it echoed.  He got up and held out his hand.  I took it and he pulled me up.

"Come on.  Let's go dry up."  

He began to walk but I gripped his forearm.  And my, he worked out.  A lot.  "Wait.  Look at the angels first."

They looked so nice.  The wings brushed each other and heads were next to each other.  "They're beautiful, don't you think?"

"Yeah. But nowhere near the real thing."  He looked at me again.

I started to walk back, because I felt my already flushed cheeks to get warmer.  "Come on Kyle, I'm not getting any younger here."  We walked back to his car.

"Where are we going?"

"My house."  I looked at him remembering the earlier conversation. "What?  Where else are we going to go to dry up?"

"Okay, but no funny business."

"I can only dream of it." He laughed.

The road to his house didn't seem so ominous during the day.  But, I still had the feeling that there were more to these woods than meets the eye.  It was like being in the twilight zone.  

"What are you thinking about so hard?"

"Huh? Nothing, it's just these woods are kind of creepy.  Did you guys get news about anything happening here."

He stiffened, "No, it's a perfectly safe neighborhood."

"I bet.  The houses here look like mansions."  They did, I couldn't make them out at night because they were so far back.  But none of them measured up to Kyle's house.

"We're here."  He pulled up in his driveway.  And man, I feel like a peasant girl going to the prince's house.  That's how incredible the house was.

We walked into an enormous hallway.  To the right was a living room twice the size.  Most of the walls were glass.  It made the house glow with the light radiating.  "No one's home?" 

"Not for a while."  

I suddenly felt conscious.  We were both alone in his house, for 'a while.'  What are the possibilities of us sitting down and watching cartoons.

"Come on.  Let me get you something dry.  Unless, you want that detour."  He grinned.

"Okay.  Detour away."  I grinned back.  And he walked me into his living room.  It was nicer than I expected, and I expected a lot.  I was flabbergasted when he showed me the kitchen because it was way better than any kitchen I'd seen on TV.  Each room was more beautiful than the other.  He lead me upstairs until we got to his room.

"So, you want those dry clothes now?"  He said it in such a husky voice and he was so close that the only thing I could do was nod.  "But I really, really like this skirt." He placed his hand on my hips and pulled me close, like that was possible.  I looked into his eyes and they flicked down to my lips.  He leaned down and kissed me.  It started off gentle and slowly started to intensive.

"Mmm, wait."  I said pulling away.

"What?"

"I really want to change." No, I just really didn't want to lose my mind kissing him.

He sighed and went and grabbed a t-shirt and some boxers from his drawer.  "It's the smallest things I have."  I don't get why he couldn't just give me his sister's sweats or whatever.  

I took them, "Thanks, where can I change?"  

He pointed to the bathroom at the side of his room. "There."

I went in and for a guy, he was really clean.  I looked in the mirror.  My cheeks felt like they were permanently flushed and my eyes were sparkling.  The state I woke up in was completely gone now.  I stripped out of my clothes.  Once I took off my gloves, I was reminded just how bad my knuckles were.  I looked over at his clothes.  I slipped into the boxers and had to tie it so it didn't slip.  I bent it a couple of times so it didn't look retard.  I put on the shirt and I felt like I drowned in it, so I tied it from the back.  Okay, it wasn't so bad, and it smelled just like him.  Dear lord, he smelled indescribable.

I left the bathroom with my clothes in my hand.  He was standing there shirtless in sweat pants and all I could do was stare.   He beamed when he saw me.  His eyes mimicked mine.  They looked me up and down.  And as for me, I couldn't look away.  I mean come on, he was shirtless.  And his body was sculpted.  Like a statue in an art museum, but I don't think a statue would look this good.

"You like what you see?"  Did I ever.

"I'd like you to put these in the dryer." I was handing him my clothes, he grabbed it from my and stared at my knuckles.

"What happened?"

"Nothing I was just being stupid like always."

"No, Scarlett tell me what happened, don't give me a vague answer.  Are you okay? Did someone try to hurt you?  Did any-"

"Woah, slow down there detective.  Nothing happened.  I really was being stupid.  I was letting off some steam on the punching bag and forgot to wear the gloves.  That's all."

He looked at me concerned.  "Are you sure that's all?"

"Yeah. Why are you making a big deal out of this anyway?"

"No reason."  He started walking out of the room, "Come on, unless you don't want to dry your clothes."  I walked after him to the laundry room.  He put the clothes in and turned around to me.  "Happy?"

"Yeah."  He sat back on the dryer and pulled me to him so that I was standing in between his legs.  

"So, remember what comes after the detour?"  He whispered.

"No, but you can remind me."  I whispered back and in mere seconds his lips were pressed against mine.  It again started out slow and began to build and build, becoming more passionate with time.  My hands cupped his rugged face and I traced his defined jaw.  His hands were at my waist slowly going down to my thighs.  I felt his tongue brush against my lip.  I opened my mouth for him and his tongue found it's way around mine.  His hands were right above my knees and he gripped my legs so he can carry me and sit me on the dry while he was now the one standing in between my legs.  We were entwined with one another.  I can taste the fire in his lips.  He pulled back gently and looked at me.  His eyes were filled with a thousand words.  I felt a smile on my lips and saw it on his.  He placed a hand on my cheek. I could feel my heartbeat match his.  His breath was on my face and it was very sweet.  I pulled his face back to mine because I couldn't take it anymore.  I felt intoxicated when I felt the moan in the back of his throat.  It made me moan.  And I know he both felt and heard it, but as for me the only thing I can hear was my heart beating out of my chest.  My hands started tracing his abs and his were now under my shirt.  They were hovering slightly below my breast.  It was driving me crazy.  From this point, I'm all his, and I want to be.  This, the dance of love has started with just a kiss.

His mouth moved away from mine, and I thought he was pulling away but it stayed on me.  It was finding it way down may jawline.  Leaving little kisses behind.  He started kissing my neck and I couldn't help the moans that escaped my mouth.  I arched my neck so he can get better access.  I felt his teeth on my skin and couldn't help but get excited.  I moaned his name from the excitement.

"Kyle, you better not have another girl in my house."  His mom's voice came from right outside the laundry room, making me jump miles away from him.  He looked at me surprised, his eyes full of lust.

The door opened then, "MOM!"

"You're skipping school with a girl.  Kyle, what did I tell you?"

What a great first impression to make on his parents.

"MOM, please just stop."  He guided her out, "She's my mate."  He was whisper yelling because she was frantic.

"Oh." She looked surprised and happy when she looked back at me.

I was standing there awkwardly completely embarrassed, I just wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

OKIE DOKIE.  THERE YOU GO.  HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT.  IF YOU DID YOU SHOULD MOST DEFINETLY VOTE AND COMMENT AND MAYBE IF I'M LUCKY FAN.  BUT IF YOU DON'T, THANKS FOR READING ANYWAYS, I REALLY APPREICATE IT.    LOVE YOU GUYS :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

752K 21.8K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
1.1M 33.6K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
1.2M 30.8K 24
"I can listen to your thoughts!" I whisper panicking again. He begins to smile while I back away. Oh moon goddess I'm sure he will kill me now. No I...
351K 16.3K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...