Strange Ones: Volume 3

By Diamondheart37

Life keeps on changing for everyone, including all of the heroes of Delta. A school for aspiring heroes has o... More

The Talk About Now
Delta Heroes Academy
Carly's Interview With Toriel
The Food Fight
New Gear!
The Strange Games
Players for the Games!
The Games Begin
Round One
Visitors from Atlas
"He Was My Dad!"
The Executive
As Heard Through The Door...
A Familiar Face For Two
Chara's Awakening
Escaping the Base
Her Search
"What Have I Done?"
USA's Third Match
The Illusion
Saoirse's Love, Betty's Concern
A Good Man He Was
Atlas in the Coliseum
A Relationship...?
Fear of Being Discovered
Hiding Chara
Something Wrong
Could Have Been Obliterated
Precautions
Playing Detective
Outdoor Brawl
Getting Worried
Unexpected Mystery
Romeo's Warning
Strike Two
Too Many Situations
A Sister-Sister Talk
"Amber Lightvale Doesn't Exist"
The Man in the Mask
Harumi's Mission
Warn The Leader!
Bonding With Chara
The Deal
Plans
Disruption
Beginning of Chaos
Search and Rescue
Whereabouts
On Our Way
Separation
Showdown From Below
Message from a Foe
Battle Scars
Save
Not Human After All
War Has Just Begun...
The Story Continues...

Suspicion Rising

11 0 0
By Diamondheart37

As Frisk walked down the hallway in silence, she wiped any stream of tears that were drying up on her face. She let out a sniffle and was slightly shaking. All of the sudden, she felt something move in her jacket. When she looked down, she saw a familiar red doll of yarn his head from the inner pocket of her pocket. The crimson doll looked up at her with a look of concern in its white eyes.

"I'm sorry if I worried you, Yarny." Frisk quietly said before taking her yarn companion out of her jacket. "I just had a lot on my mind lately, that's all..."

Yarny gave her a stoic expression before rolling his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" She scolded. "I promise you, I'm going to be fine!"

That was when her friend of a yarn doll gave her a look as if to say, "Liar..." With that, she let out a groan before leaning on one of the walls of the hallway she was in.

"Okay, fine. You win." Frisk gave him a glare. "You best be proud of yourself, Yarny Dreemurr, because I'm completely falling apart in just one day!" Quickly, she caught her shout. "I'm so sorry... It's not common for me to lose my temper..."

With a sigh, she slid down the wall until she was sitting on the floor before burying her face into her arms. Yarny swung from her grasp until he was standing on the top of her head. Then, he sat down and gently patted her brown hair.

"It's my fault." Frisk said, her voice being muffled by her arm. "Chara doesn't remember anything and I unwittingly took her memories by breaking that cursed knife."

Her yarn companion looked down at her, once again giving her a sad look.

"I can't keep this up forever, I know..." She took her face away from her arms and looked up at the doll. "I have to tell them eventually and maybe Chara will know the truth. But, I don't know... She'll probably hate me for it."

Yarny raised an eyebrow at her.

"You know who I'm talking about, right?" Frisk got a nod from him. "Good. I was thinking that you didn't understand a word I said."

Giving her a stoic glare, he grabbed a strand of her hair and yanked on it roughly. With that, she let out a yelp of pain and she took him off her head.

"Hey, knock it off!" She chuckled. "I can yank on my own hair!"

Though he didn't show it, Yarny smiled as if he were to say, "There's the Frisk Dreemurr I know and love! I was wondering where she went."

"I know what you're thinking, dude." Frisk said with a small grin. "Good ol' Frisk Dreemurr just wasn't in the zone like she always was. You might be wondering if I was curled up in the corner crying like a little toddler."

The red doll gave her a nod, and she chuckled again.

"Yarny, you little rascal." She pushed herself back to her feet. "We should probably head back to the others." Suddenly, she frowned again. "But, how and I going to tell Chara everything without breaking down?"

Yarny gave her a gesture as if to say, "Just give yourself some time, dude. You need some rest."

"I suppose you're right." Frisk said, rubbing her eye with her left hand. "I need to recharge after all of that crying." Looking around the silent hallway, she said, "I should probably wash my face first, then let's get back to the others."

After putting her yarn doll companion back into her inner jacket pocket, the young Mimic trudged down the hallway again until she stopped at a nearby bathroom to wash her face. The feeling of the cold water splashing onto her face managed to cool down its warmth and ease the tension she felt in her chest and her soul. With a sigh, she turned the running water off and grabbed a handful of tissues to dry her hands and then her face. Once she threw the now-damp paper towels into the bathroom's trash bin, she walked out the bathroom. But when she turned to her right, she was startled by a familiar pale face with dark hair dressed in a purple coat and orange dress with brown leggings and boots.

"Saoirse!" Frisk exclaimed before letting out a sigh. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought it was best to look for you." Saoirse's words suddenly made her friend slightly jolt.

"You're usually quiet. What happened to you?"

"I thought it would be best to actually speak my mind for once. Are you surprised?"

"Very." Frisk nodded, but wore a grin. "But, what the heck? I missed that Irish accent of yours."

Suddenly, Saoirse frowned, and it got the other girl's attention.

"What's wrong?" Frisk asked. "Is this about your dad and Ben again? I get it. Those two are missing out on the games."

"It's not that." The seal Morpher crossed her arms before she anxiously looked around the hallway. "I'm feeling suspicious for some odd reason."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, but the atmosphere has somehow changed. Bendy looks like he's losing his marbles, you are constantly absent, something's definitely up, Frisk. Betty was the first to notice it!"

"She's noticing a lot of change in detail nowadays." Frisk nodded and placed a finger on her chin. "Either that or Liquids Integrity and Kindness are starting to kick in for her Amber persona."

"Can you not change the subject?" Saoirse scolded before grabbing her friend's wrist and dragging her across the hallway until they both stopped at a janitor's closet, where they hid themselves.

"I can't believe you dragged me..." Frisk said before her nose suddenly picked up the closet's smell. "Is that lavender?"

"Focus on that later, friend!"

"Then why did you drag me here?"

"Look." Saoirse sighed. "While I was looking for you, I suddenly found that Strange One executive talking to Asgore and Toriel."

"You mean Romeo?" Frisk got a nod from her. "Oh, I've heard of him. I honestly thought he was a nice guy."

"He's a nice guy, yes." The seal Morpher nodded in agreement. "But there is something dark hidden within his apprentice."

"Do they have a name?"

"Harumi. Female. Last time I checked, she's Lloyd's ex-girlfriend and Weiss' rival."

"Wait, what?" Frisk shook her head. "Lloyd has an ex-girlfriend and Weiss has a rival? Why didn't they say anything?!"

That was when Saoirse shushed her before reaching into her coat pocket to pull out her phone. "Earlier, I approached Pinkie and I asked her about Harumi. Not even she knew about Lloyd's previous love life and Weiss' rivalry with her. Heck, she was completely baffled about it."

"Should I be baffled too?"

"Maybe..." She nodded as she swiped the screen of her phone. "But after she and Romeo were done talking with Asgore and Toriel, they started to have a quiet conversation. But I managed to get a hold of what they were saying."

"How?" Frisk wanted to know.

"I recorded them. I'll show you the video I recently made."

Soon enough, Saoirse finally found the video and she gave herself and Frisk access to the device's screen. She started the video and it showed Harumi standing in a hallway talking to Romeo.

"Harumi," Romeo said firmly. "We can barely keep this up. I'm telling you, there are some people in this building who are onto us."

"So?" Harumi scoffed. "Let them be suspicious. After all, you agreed to help me with an important task."

"Agreed?" The red-haired man repeated. "I agreed to none of your ploys! You force me to-"

That was when the snow-haired girl dressed in red pulled what seemed to be a silver-bladed knife from her boot and firmly brought the blade closer to his neck. Romeo gasped when it happened and so did Frisk, who had a hand close to her mouth.

"Listen up." Harumi darkly growled. "I am not leaving this building until I finish my mission. I cannot afford to fail them, and if you don't help me, Romeo, I will call them over so they can strip you of your life. Do you want that?"

With a petrified look on his face, Romeo quickly shook his head. Then, he let out a sigh once she took the blade away from his neck and carefully slipped it back into her boot.

"Good." Harumi continued. "I can't afford to kill you either, but I will if you don't follow me. Consider that strike one. Two more, and your soul is mine to keep. Got it?"

The red-haired Strange One executive nodded without saying a word. Then, he watched with wide eyes as his intern walked away from him, the sound of her boots tapping on the tile was the only thing he could hear. As soon as the video ended, Frisk was left with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. Shaking her head, she quietly exclaimed, "What just happened?!"

"Honestly, I haven't a clue." Saoirse replied with a shrug. "But if I'm right, then she's onto something. Something...evil..."

"Saoirse." Frisk said. "If this keeps up, then we have to warn the others about this."

"But what if they don't believe us? We have many situations going on at once, Frisk! The Strange Games, Bendy's incident with him fainting on the battlefield and Atlas soldiers in the coliseum looking for Chara!"

"Wait, what?" The young Mimic raised an eyebrow. "Repeat that last bit. What did you say?"

"Atlas soldiers in the coliseum looking for Chara..." Saoirse repeated the last part of her sentence.

That was when Frisk's eyes widen once again. If the soldiers of Atlas are here in the Strange Coliseum during the Strange Games, then so must be Winter and General Ironwood. If they find Chara, who knows what will happen to her? Looking at the door of the janitor's closet, Frisk took in a deep breath and balled both her hands into fists. She has made her decision; she will tell her the truth, whether she will be hated or not.

"Frisk?" Saoirse said. "What're you thinking?"

"She has to know..." Frisk marched up to the door. But when she grabbed the doorknob, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"What're you doing?" Saoirse wanted to know, her hand tightening on her friend's shoulder.

"I have to find Chara." She firmly replied.

"What're you going to do?"

"Tell her the truth. She needs to know what happened."

"The truth?" Saoirse repeated before she immediately recognized what she was emphasizing. "Wait, is that why you were absent? The truth?"

Frisk didn't have the time to answer, for she has already opened the door and has ran out of the janitor's closet. Saoirse ran out as well to see her friend dash through the hallway.

"Frisk, wait!" The seal Morpher called, but her friend didn't turn around. "Frisk!"

But it was too late. She was already out of her sight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

901 62 23
"The only thing that's clear is there's something bigger going on. And we have to find out what that is before something happens." Tragedy strikes in...
1.8K 81 9
"I am no ordinary "Sans" you see. My name is Forbidden. And this name is my whole existence to the different world that I once came from. I should s...
695 42 8
Jay finds himself stranding two alternate versions of himself in his realm, breaking the one thing that can get them both back. Now he's gonna have t...
26.2K 536 8
Izuku Yagi is the son of #1 Hero All Might and #9 Hero Psych. His siblings born with a quirk which is contrary to Izuku who wasn't. Izuku was hated...