Opposites Attract

By fallenxroses

In Khloe King's lame attempt to get over Hayden Ross, her neighbor, she agrees to move away with her mother t... More

opposites attract
01. secret crushes & surprises
03. apologies & disappointment
04. ex boyfriends & school projects
05. phone numbers & basketball teams
06. jealousy & shame
07. deep convos & decisions
08. parties & surprises
09. sisters & ice cream
10. skipped classes & long lasting smiles
11. hospitals & memories from the past
12. family & the truth
13. cheaters & photos
14. fast paced heart beats & fake smiles
15. drug tests & liars
16. trust issues & boy fights
17. secrets & confessions
18. police stations & complete chaos
19. love & despair
20. criminals & resentment
21. judgemental stares & denial
22. stomach butterflies & temptations
23. sweet nothings & large burgers
24. heartbreak & family arrangements
25. grandmothers & affection
26. hugs & kisses
27. hot boys & jail cells
28. first dates & spaghetti
29. court rooms & girl fights
30. business deals & basketball games
31. blackmail & broken marriages
32. passion & revenge
33. old secrets & new secrets
34. family dinners & stressful situations
35. engagement rings & realization
36. new beginnings & heartfelt moments
37. missing friends & unforeseen plans 

02. dinners & discussions

9K 326 378
By fallenxroses

I was currently hiding in Alicia's room. There was no way I could go back downstairs and face everyone, especially him. I know, I was acting very childish considering the last time I had actually seen Hayden was when we were fourteen years old. I know a lot can happen in three years. He probably forgot all those embarrassing memories of me desperately trying to gain his attention.

Hayden Ross was now a complete stranger to me. There was nothing left for him in my heart, or so I hoped.

"What are you doing?"

I quickly snapped my head around to see Andrew standing in the doorway of Alicia's room. I quickly jumped to my feet and Andrew tilted his head with a puzzled look on his face. "I can understand how weird this looks—"

"So this is what you've been doing for the past ten minutes?" Andrew chuckled and I looked down at the ground. "Hiding in your little sister's room I see."

I didn't even bother to try and think of a logical explanation as to why I was hunched over in my little sister's room. "I was looking for Alicia." I lied quickly walking towards the door. "Guess she's not in here."

"Khloe," Andrew held out his hand before I had a chance to squeeze past him. "Is there something or someone, in particular, you're hiding from?" He questioned and my face burned from
embarrassment.

I shook my head too quickly. "No, not really." My words were a mumble. "Why might you ask that, Andrew?"

He shrugged his shoulders dismissing my question. "Just thought I'd ask." Andrew moved over to the side slightly, so that I could get out of Alicia's room. I think I've spent enough time in here overthinking my whole life. "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

I smiled at Andrew. "Of crouse." I nodded my head. The relationship Andrew and I had wasn't always common. I accepted Andrew and Alicia very quickly. Although he wasn't my dad and he knew that,  Andrew was still always there for me. I never felt like he was trying to replace my dad.

"Your mother is looking for you. No more hiding." Andrew smiled and I giggled in response.

Sadly Andrew was right. It was quite strange that seventeen-year-old Khloe was hiding in her little sister's room filled with barbie dolls and Disney princesses.

I had to practically drag my own feet down the stairs and as soon as I reached the bottom, I felt myself being smashed into something hard sending waves of pain throughout my whole body. "Ouch," I hissed in pain. "that stupid wall."

"I'm definitely not a wall."

I immediately took a step back and looked up with wide eyes to see Hayden standing right in front of me with a boyish smirk playing on his lips. The more I looked at him, the more I realized just how much he had changed. He was insanely tall with broad shoulders and defined muscles peeking through his tight shirt. His hair was longer but curlier than I had remembered and he still had those captivating hazel green eyes.

"What?" I finally managed to squeak out after seconds of just staring at him with wide eyes.

Hayden twisted his face in confusion. "I said... I'm definitely not a wall."

"Yeah," I said with the shrug of my shoulder, but that was the last thing I said before I turned around to walk away.

"Wait," Hayden whispered, pulling my wrist which prevented me from moving. "What's your name again?" He questioned and I slowly pulled my arm away from him letting out a heavy sigh. Was he serious? We only lived beside each other for five years and he couldn't even bother to learn my name. I understood we hadn't seen each other in a while but I'm pretty sure my mom had just introduced me to his family again. "You're Luna's little sister right?"

That statement right there made me roll my eyes to the back of my head. "Khloe is my name," I uttered. "And lucky for you, Luna isn't here. I haven't lived with her for years now."

When Hayden moved into the house beside mine ten years ago, we were both ten years old and Luna was already fourteen. Four years later, which was a year before I had moved out with mom, Luna had got accepted into her dream College. Today Luna is twenty-two years old and lives two hours away. I barely get to see her anymore which is one of the main reasons why I love Alicia and consider her as my sister.

Hayden nodded his head, "Right... you're the girl that would stare at me through your window?" He laughed loudly and I had to look away or else my body would shrink under his intense glare.

I tried to laugh but I'm sure I sounded like I had a serious throat infection. "I never did anything like that." I shrugged my shoulders. "My window was facing your house. What else was I supposed to do?"

"Okay, but you're still the girl that would always stare at me in class and then when I would turn around—"

"Stop," I blurted out quickly before he said anything else that made me despise myself even more than I already did. "I'm not that girl anymore."

"Fair enough." Hayden nodded his head as his eyes roamed around my body and I shifted uncomfortably. "I have to say, Khloe, I never expected you to look like this." He smiled and I gasped in horror.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I huffed crossing my arms in front of my chest.

Hayden held up his hands defensively. "Nothing," He let out a sigh, "Where's the bathroom?"

I pointed down the hall. "Down the hall to the left."

"Thanks." He said turning away from me. "It's nice to see you again, Khloe."

I tilted my head at him, "Can't say the same about you."

"That will change soon." He simply said and walked away.

I was left standing there like an idiot with my mouth wide open.

Wow.

"There you are, Khloe!" I spun around to see Alicia standing there with a smile on her face, her blonde hair was tied up into pigtails.

We looked nothing alike. Alicia had fair ghost-like skin, light blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I had a light caramel complexion due to my mother having a dark brown complexion, while my father had light pale skin much like Alicia and Andrew. I also had curls the size of a bird's nest.

"Daddy told me that you were hiding in my room." She laughed again as she wrapped her tiny arms around my body. "Is it because of that boy?"

"What?" I said and for some reason, Alicia started to laugh again which made me question her sanity, but that was until I turned around and saw Hayden walking out of the washroom and towards us. "It has nothing to do—"

"Hey!" Alicia squealed and ran over towards Hayden, wrapping her tiny arms around him as well. "I'm Alicia."

Hayden chuckled and bent down to pick Alicia up into his arms because she was so much smaller than he was. When she went to go hug him her arms practically wrapped around his ankles. "Hey," Hayden smiled showing off his perfect teeth. "I'm Hayden."

Alicia giggled and looked over at me. The look in Alicia's bright blue eyes told me that she was going to say something that I didn't want to be said. I was just about to turn around until I heard her voice.

"Khloe? This is the boy you've been hiding from?"

Too late.

"Oh," Hayden frowned followed by a smirk. "so now you're hiding from me too?" His hazel eyes lit up.

I shook my head too quickly, it would for sure give me a headache later. "I think someone is calling me." I paused looking around for anything, anyone. "You guys have fun," I said and before either of them even had a chance to say anything else I practically ran into the kitchen.

I quickly pulled out my phone and dialled Kiera's number. She wouldn't believe what just happened. "Hello?" Kiera said lazily into the phone but before she had a chance to say anything else I started talking.

"It's really him Kiera!" I yelled. "My mom said she was having some friends over for dinner and when I opened the door it was really him!"

"Khloe!" Kiera yelled and I and took a deep breath. "Are you talking about Hayden?" She gasped and I nodded my head even though I knew she couldn't see me. "Oh my god, he's really in your house right now?"

"Yeah..." I mumbled, "we had an interesting conversation." I have to say, it was very embarrassing that Hayden still remembers how I would desperately try to gain his attention.

All I could hear now was Kiera's loud laughter over the phone. I cringed and pulled the phone away from my ear because her laughter was too loud. "Kiera?" I uttered and all I got in response was again laughter, so I quickly hung up the phone when I heard my mom call my name.

"Khloe! Dinner is ready."

With a sigh leaving my lips I dragged my own body to the dinner table and sat down beside Alicia and Andrew was to my right. Although half way across the table I could still feel his gaze. I felt anxious sitting here at the dinner table. I patted down my curls, hopefully they didn't look out of place today.

"So Khloe," Lisa said loudly and my eyes travelled from my food up to her. "I heard you joined a new program at school!" She smiled and I nodded my head hesitantly. "You're mentoring transfer students, right?"

"Yeah," I forced a smile and glanced over at my mom. I knew she had to have told them. "I thought it could be a nice thing to do." I left out the part where the new student I was actually mentoring was Hayden.

"Khloe loves to help out around school." Mom exclaimed and I felt even more embarrassed if that was even possible. "She's such a great student." She finished off.

It was hard to hear but I heard the faint sound of Hayden's laughter and I snapped my head towards his direction.

"I enrolled Hayden in the same high school that Khloe goes to actually." Lisa laughed, "It would be funny if Khloe was mentoring Hayden."

"Well..." I mumbled. "I am," I looked up at her nervously. "surprise?"

Hayden burst out laughing and I almost lost it. "You? You're mentoring me?"

"So?" I questioned. "You know, you're actually quite annoying?" I exclaimed and mom's eyes widened but Hayden didn't seem at all fazed by my sudden outburst. He just shrugged his shoulders. "I was actually really looking forward to it, until I looked down and saw your name on the paper."

"Khloe!" Mom nearly screamed and I looked over at Andrew and he had an amused look on his face. "That is no way to talk to our guests." She huffed and looked down at her food.

I honestly found it funny. When I looked over at Alicia, she had already burst out laughing and Hayden's dad cleared his throat. "How long have you guys been living here for?"

Andrew glanced over at him. "Nia and Khloe moved in with Alicia and I a little over a year ago."

"That's right." Lisa sadly smiled, "Nia, I'm so sorry about Will." She looked over at me for a quick second.

I always felt uncomfortable when people would look at me and say they felt sorry for me. I still loved my father and we were all very close. Even though my parent's relationship didn't work out romantically they were still very good friends. "You don't have to be sorry," I answered for my mother with a tight smile across my lips.

Lisa slowly tilted her head at me. "Khloe sweetie, you can be quite rude at times."

I dropped my fork and looked up at her. "Excuse me?" I questioned and I could hear Hayden's laughter once again. "What about your son—"

"Well," Andrew awkwardly coughed. "It's great to meet you guys. Hayden, it's wonderful that you and Khloe are going to the same high school, she will be a great mentor to you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 115K 44
He stares right at me, "You eat like a pig." "You look like a pig." I rolled my eyes, continuing to eat. "A pretty damn sexy pig." He winked. "You m...
3.7K 223 9
Hayden West is 17 years old, openly gay guy who lives with his younger 7 year old twin brothers, Hadley and Harper West. Hayden takes care of his you...
3K 170 34
Hayden Cole is an average 17 year old boy. He's in senior year at High School. He is the top scholar at school but never says yes when he's asked to...
326 2 15
Maddison's life as a 22 year old, conquering New York, is the most ideal life you could see in a magazine. Possibly even mistaken her for a runway mo...