HIJABI ✔️

By _hijabigirl_

"Be my girlfriend," He replied, his mouth inches from mine. I could feel his hot minty breath. "What!?" I was... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
LAST CHAPTER - Chapter 58
Epilogue

Chapter 42

2.6K 217 10
By _hijabigirl_

Ruqayyah's POV

"Ruqayyah!" The woman calls and I turn around to see my MUM.

"Do you know her?" Alex asks and I couldn't almost speak. She will take things the wrong way for sure.

"It's my mum," I face him and I already feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Calm down, Ruqayyah," He says although he seemed nervous himself, but at least he tried to look calm, "Don't be afraid, we were just talking when she saw us." He is right. If I act scared, my mum will have even more wrong ideas in her mind.

I try to breathe calmly, but as soon as I turned around again, I see my dad coming out from the neighbour's house.

That's it. I'm dead!

I didn't need to say anything because, by the look on my face, Alex understood who the man was.

"You told me your dad was an Imaam at the local mosque outside work right?" He asks and I nod, "Come with me," Alex says. He walks to my parents and I am seriously concerned right now.

What the heck is he planning to do?

There was a staring contest going on at first, but then Alex speaks, "Assalamu Aleykum, Mr..." He talks to my dad.

"Isa," My dad replied, looking less angry than my mum, accepting Alex's hand.

"And Mrs..."

"Ummu," My mum replied without a single grin on her face. Whatever he is going to say is not going to be convincing enough for my mum.

"I'm Alexandre. I go to the same college as your daughter. It's really nice to finally meet you. Your daughter mentioned that you are an Imaam at the local mosque, right?"

"Yes."

"I'm finding myself interested in Islam for some time now and lately I've been reading more related to it. I was wondering if perhaps whenever you are free, you could answer some of the questions I have regarding Islam." He explains and my dad nods curiously.

"Aren't you Alexandre Turner? Lewis Turner's son?" My dad recognises.

I think he did long ago, he just didn't mention it.

"Yes, and I know what you might be thinking. But I really don't have the same mindset as my dad. I have many Muslim friends and I don't share the same opinion towards them as my dad at all."

"That's really brave of you." My dad remarks, "Responding to your question, I will be more than glad to answer any questions you might have about Islam." My dad says to my surprise. Meanwhile, my mum was still glaring at me.

"That is great! Um... what about tomorrow?" He asks and I widen my eyes. Is he for real?

"Sounds good, it's my day off." My dad smiles but I knew this was not it. He is going to sit me down and give me a lecture about hanging out with a guy. But I always preferred the lectures over my mum's yelling and judgemental words.

"So tomorrow I'll be here insha'Allah."

Did Alex and my dad just agreed to meet in my house? Is this really happening?

I'm not going to get my expectations too high. My mum is still quiet and glaring at me.

"Then, I'll be going now. It was really nice to meet you both. Assalamu Aleykum." He shakes hands with my dad once more before turning to me and giving me a small smile.

I turn back to face my parents once Alex's car was out of sight.

I was waiting for my parents to say something, but they did not, at least my mum did not. My mum just held Khadija from me and she walked inside the house.

"Ruqayyah," My dad calls as I was ready to walk away too.

"Yes," I face him.

"You were right. That boy is really nothing like his dad." My dad reminded me of our conversation in the car last time he brought me home, "But that still does not make it okay for you to hang out alone with him." He says and I wanted to point out that Khadija was with me, but I get what he means. Besides, I've hang out with him like before.

"I'm sorry." That's all I could say.

"Where did you guys go?"

"We just came back from the park. Khadija really wanted to play so..."

"Did he gift her that toy?" My dad asks as he notices the Barbie Estate Dreamhouse in my hands.

"Yes,"

"You can go inside, have something to eat and then come to the living room. I just need to talk to you." He says and I was not surprised. The lecture begins.

The conversation went fine with my dad. What about my mum? Will she even want to talk to me about this? Or will she just ignore it and pretend it never happened, but still act differently around me.

I reach my room and the girls were not there. I remember receiving a message from Bianca saying she took them to Central London like I had planned today. I'm forever thankful to Bianca.

All I can think about is tomorrow. I have a feeling something is going to happen. Good or bad, I don't know, but unexpected, I'm sure.

***

I wake up this time with no phone ringing. It was already 12:30 pm. The girls were not here anymore. I guess they all woke up and are having lunch.

I get up feeling a little unwell and I already knew what I was on.

After my morning hygiene, I leave my room and I join everyone in the kitchen. Skipping breakfast, I join them for lunch.

"Where are you girls planning to go today?" My dad asks.

"Definitely to explore a bit of the city while doing some shopping and then having dinner outside before coming back home," Bianca answered since I had no idea.

"Are you coming with us?" Aisha asks me.

"Yes, I am," I reply even though I wasn't sure.

I'm having cramps and my back hurts like heck.

"Where are you going?" Dina asks as I leave the table.

"I'm not hungry." I tell her.

"You barely touched your plate." Aisha remarks.

"I'm not feeling well. I'm just going to take some medicine and see." I say

"If you want, we can stay here today," Bianca says, perhaps catching on what's going on.

"You guys can go, I'll stay if I have to."

"We don't mind staying in with you," Zeinab says and they all agree.

"I really don't want to make this holdiday boring for you girls." I tell them.

"As long as we are all together, it will be the best holiday ever." Dina responds.

"It's already my best holiday!" Aisha adds and I smile before walking to the fridge. I grab a painkiller from the top of the fridge and get myself a cup to fill it with water.

My phone rings, meanwhile, and I pick it without looking at who it was, "Hello?"

"Hey Ruqayyah, it's me, Alex."

"Al..- I was going to say his name, but then remembered I was still at the dining room.

"Who is it?" My mum asks. This is the first time she spoke to me since yesterday.

"Uh, Alex." I tell the truth and she goes back to eating her food, but I knew she was paying attention to my conversation.

"Did you get your phone back?" I ask Alex, a little quieter.

"Yes, I did. Where are you? Did I call at the wrong time?"

"Um, kind of, but it's okay. How did you get it back?"

"I went home and got it. My dad was there and he was acting strange."

"Please don't tell me you guys argued again."

"No. He was actually nice and even agreed to us being together. He said he wouldn't control my decisions anymore and also agreed to let me follow the career of my choice."

"What? That's so all of a sudden." I was surprised myself, "Well, I guess everything's okay now. Where are you?"

"I'm on my way there."

"I thought you'd be coming later."

"I'm free now so why not?"

"I'll let my dad know you're coming. See you soon." I say before hanging up.

I turn around to notice my mum's eyes on me. Everyone else was eating. I know she wants to talk to me, but for some reason she's keeping it to herself. I hate that. I hate her silence. It often leads to her making speculations which are far away from what's actually going on.

"Uh... It was Alex. He is on his way here." I let them know and my dad nods before I left towards my room.

***

I just finished telling the girls about yesterday and why I wasn't with them all day. Zeinab just kept on teasing me along with Aisha. Bianca just listened the whole time and felt sorry for Alex. While Dina was the only one who listened in complete silence and I knew she was lost in thoughts right now.

I was about to ask Dina why was she all by herself sitting down on the bed and there seemed to be a lot going on in her mind, but my phone rings before I had the chance to say anything. No, it wasn't ringing, it was just a notification sound from a number I don't recognize.

"It's me Alex. Meet me in my house now please, emergency!"

"What happened?" I send.

"I need you"

"Are you okay?"

"I will be if you come now"

He seemed to be in danger and that worries me. But I wanted to know what was happening.

"Alex what's wrong?"

It took five minutes before I realized he wasn't going to answer. Something happened and I don't know what but I will find out.

"Girls, I'm so sorry, but I will need your help again." I tell them.

"Alex?" Aisha asks.

"He texted me asking for help. I need to go before something happens."

"Is it his dad again?" Dina asks zooming back into the world.

"I really don't know." I grab my coat.

"I need to go out anyway to the neighbour's house. We can go out together so it will be less suspicious." Aisha tells me and I remember her saying she would get help from Mrs Fatima on her psychology homework.

"I will go with you guys." Zeinab also gets up.

We said goodbye to Dina and Bianca and I left the house with Zeinab and Aisha. Surprisingly, my mum didn't ask where I was going. I know she'd rather have me out of the house when Alex arrives. I'm sure she doesn't want us in the same space.

The girls left towards the neighbour's house and I entered my car towards Alex's house. I don't know what I am about to encounter, but I know that my heart is beating fast. Good or bad, I am about to find out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 1.1K 15
"NO I WONT" I said quite loudly while tears streaming down my face "beta we don't have a choice you already belong to him we can't do anything now"...
1.2M 54.7K 55
She tried to loosen his grip on her jaw but invane. "This i-is n-not right. You c-can't t-touch me. P-Please m-move away you're t-to close. J-just le...
826K 35.9K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
3.5M 208K 59
I walked down the white hallways filled with the smell of bleach and chlorine. The lights above were too bright, too luminescent. I can't think. I ca...