Drown In You

By LauraUrie

After realising that Ginny is not for him, Harry starts an "enemies with benefits" relationship with Draco Ma... More

Out Of My Element
They Were One
Dive Right In
Lost, But Now I Am Found
Heaven in Hiding
Us Against The World
The Aftermath
Bad Blood and Mistletoes
Wintery Fluff
Weasley Christmas Tales
Ear Gloves
Here Comes A Danger Up In This School
Bedroom Warfare
Play Me Till Your Fingers Bleed
Love Me To The Truth
You Got Everybody Fooled
Do It Like A Muggle
Nargle Eggs
The Pressure Of Walking In Your Shoes
Cascade Of White
A Meaning To His Life
Mama Knows Best
Therapeutic Chain Of Events
Farewell, Hogwarts
The European Cup
Promise This
Nothing Can Break Us Apart
The End Of All Things

Of Flying Brooms and Roommates

311 6 1
By LauraUrie

Two months later, at the beginning of March, the relationship between the two girls was still a secret, as they weren't ready to be out just yet.
Draco and Harry, though, were beginning to suspect that something was off between them.

They were acting a little too sweet to each other, for them to be friends.

For one, they would always be sitting close, they would hold hands and call each other "love" or "babe".

Also, for Luna's birthday in February, Ginny had kissed her on the cheek and given her flowers. And on Valentine's day they had gone to Madam Puddifoot's, instead of spending the day with their friends at the Three Broomsticks.

However, they didn't want to force them into coming out, so they chose not to say anything.

++++

That Sunday a Quidditch match was in order, Gryffindor vs Slytherin.
The two boyfriends had not played against each other yet, not since their romance had blossomed, so they both took it as a fun challenge.
"I'm so nervous!" Ginny said, that day at breakfast.
"Don't worry, Ginny Poo." Luna said, adoringly. "You're the best chaser in the team!"
Harry and Draco looked at each other. Their suspicion was close to being confirmed.
"She's afraid to play against us." Draco said teasingly.
"Oh, shut up, Malfoy. I think you are." Ginny smirked.
Ever since her Christmas apology, Ginny had formed a bond with the pair.
In the last two months, she and Draco had developed a friendship filled with funny bickerings and teasing.

"Don't talk like this to my boyfriend, Ginny." Harry warned jokingly.
"Be careful, Weasley girl," Draco said. "If You don't want a bludger to hit you in the face."
"Tone down the threatening, babe." Said Harry. "Remember that I'm your most dreadful foe today."
"Yeah, sure. I'll try not to win too much." Draco teased. "Either way, you will end up with a sore ass, as I'll throw you off your broom."

"May the best team win!" Said Ron, although he felt even more nervous than his sister.

***

"Go Ginny! Go Gryffindor!" Luna cheered, she was in the Gryffindor bleachers, wearing her famous Lion Hat.

She was sitting next to Hermione, who had brought two pairs of binoculars.

The commentator for that day was Miss Sivan, who, to everyone's surprise, was a big fan of Quidditch. She was perfect for the job, since she had been a Hufflepuff in her Hogwarts years, so she wouldn't have taken sides.

"May the Captains shake hands." Madam Hooch instructed.

Draco had become the new Team Captain, so he had to shake hands with Harry.

"May Slytherin win." Draco said to his boyfriend, while he shook his hand.

"The saying is 'may the best team win' not 'may the worst team win'." Harry said with a wink, earning a death stare.

Not long after the match had started, Ginny was taking a hold of the quaffle.

"Quaffle in the hands of Miss Weasley-- Seeker Potter of Gryffindor has seen the Snitch, he's flying his way to it - Slytherin has now gained the quaffle... Slytherin about to score... Keeper Ronald Weasley stops it!" Miss Sivan was saying, while watching the game in awe. Her hair was tied in two very fairy-like buns, but it still spilled glitter.

Harry sped up to the Snitch, his boyfriend doing the same.
"Out of the way, Potter!" Draco spat jokingly, placing himself in front of him, thus cutting him off.

"You wish, baby." Harry said with a wink, then he flew around him and continued going his way. "I'll get it."

"Seeker Potter and Seeker Malfoy are both close to the Snitch..." Miss Sivan continued.

They were now flying side to side, lightly pushing each other around.

"Quit the gay shit!" Blaise shouted from his seat.

Hermione rolled her eyes at that. "He's just too vile." she said to Luna.

Thankfully, the pair didn't seem to be bothered by him.

"Slytherin scores!"

The Slytherin's side all roared in chants of excitement, including Blaise.

Hermione gave a moan of annoyance, putting her binoculars down. "Ah, Ron, come on! You can do better!" She shouted.

Luna was wearing them wrong, so she saw the players even farther than they were. "Wow, why are they so far from us?" She asked naively.

The brunette gave a giggle and fixed them for her. "Here."

"Oh now I can see... Ginny, baby! Get the Quaffle!" She cheered for her girlfriend.

Hermione gave her a look at the word 'baby'.
She had noticed that, ever since Christmas, the two girls seemed more... United than they had been before.
Luna wasn't certainly used to calling everyone "Baby."

"Ginevra Weasley now in possession of the Quaffle- that was close! Good skills, girl!" Adrastea Sivan said, whistling. Ginny had just dodged a Bludger.

"Gotcha!" Harry exclaimed, the Golden Snitch firmly between his fingers.

"GRYFFINDOR WINS!" the commentator yelled.

The Gryffindor crowd boomed in cheering and applause, Luna and Hermione hugged happily.

"Told you, babe." Harry said to Draco, sticking his tongue out.

His boyfriend continued glaring at him.

"Yeah you just wait until next time." said The Slytherin.

"Yeah, keep dreaming." said Harry, teasingly. Then he flew closer to him.

Then, they kissed in mid air. The Crowd cheered louder, except some Slytherins, who booed.

Hermione, Luna and the two Weasleys all felt extremely proud of their friends for that gesture.

"Enough with this disgusting crap!" Blaise's voice boomed. "That should be banned!"

***

That night, at dinner, Harry still had some scarlet and gold confetti in his hair from the celebration in the Common Room. Luna had been invited, too. Draco had not attended, as he was the Captain of the losing team. He was supposed to speak to the Headmistress, anyway.

"I'm not forgiving you for this." The Slytherin said to Harry, although he didn't look angry at all.

"Burns, eh?" Harry said with a smirk. "Come on, I even gave you a kiss."

"I suppose that counted as a consolation prize." said Draco.

"You're just a sore loser, Malfoy." said Ron, giving Harry five.

"Hardly. Just joking here. You were all great out there." Draco admitted.

Ron was momentarily at a loss for words, it still felt weird that Malfoy could ever say such a thing.

"You did marvelously, Gin Gin!" Luna said, giving Ginny an Eskimo kiss and holding her hands.

"Thanks!" she responded with a giggle.

Ron, Hermione, Draco and Harry all looked at each other.

Hermione cleared her throat. "Zabini was so incredibly obnoxious, don't you think?" She said, shifting the attention to herself.

"Ugh, can't stand the bloke!" Ron complained.

"Don't tell me," Draco scoffed. "Thank God I'm changing rooms tonight - this is what I talked about with McGonagall."

"Oh, finally!" said Ginny, detaching herself from her girlfriend. "Was he still giving you shit?"

"Yeah, ugh! Not that I slept in my own dorm much, but I still needed to change my sleeping arrangements. I can't always sleep in the Gryffindor dorms." said Draco.

"I hope the new one is a beautiful snowflake who hates Nargles." Luna said , crossing her fingers. She still had her lion hat on.

"Yeah, that." Draco chuckled. "And that he's hot." he said, waiting for Harry's reaction.

"Uh-oh." said Ginny, visibly entertained.

The messy haired boy slapped his arm. "What did you just say? I'll end you."

Everyone laughed, even Draco.

"I'm joking, sweetie." said the Slytherin.

Here went his promise of avoiding usage of cute pet names. He had to admit, though, that these names were not so puke-inducing, once he was the one being in love.

"Careful, Draco," Ron warned. "Our Harry here is serious."

"I'm so annoyed that you won't get to sleep in my bed tonight." Harry pouted to Draco, who moved his hair out his face.

"Aw, come on, we can still see each other through fire communication." said Draco, smiling.

******

As already anticipated, that night Harry and Draco communicated via fire.

Harry was the one to put his head in it with some floo powder, so that Draco saw him in the fireplace of the Slytherin common room.

His new room mate had yet to come to Hogwarts, as he had traveled from far away.

It was probably someone from Beauxbatons or Durmstrang.

When midnight came, Draco debated using the floo powder to transport himself in the Gryffindor common room, since the new guy hadn't come yet.

He also wondered how this guy had been sorted into Slytherin already, even before setting foot in Hogwarts. There was probably a way to do it from a distance, he thought.

"Is he there yet?" a fire-faced Harry spoke.

Draco wasn't used to talking to someone that way, so he found it quite funny to see his boyfriend's face in a chimney.

He shook his head while chuckling softly.

In that moment, Draco heard a familiar noise, it was the passage to the common room opening, therefore someone was entering. "Must be him." Draco muttered, looking behind his back.

"I think you need to go. Night, Love you." He said to his boyfriend.

"Ok, night, babe, love you too! Tell me how it works out, ok?" Harry said, then he disappeared from the fire.

Draco got up from the black leather sofa he was sitting on and walked closer to the entrance to the Common Room.

He watched as a tall guy walked in awkwardly, he was holding a black trunk in one hand, while he had a small flask in the other. Its label said "magical maladies remedy", it looked like it came straight from Saint Mungo's.

He had dark, brown hair, set in place by a generous amount of gel.

He had a big, pointy nose, which reminded Draco of the late Severus Snape.

His eyes were blue, but he had olive skin, so he definitely didn't look British.

"Allo, can you tell me ze way to the last yearr dormitoires?" they boy asked in a seemingly french accent. Must have been from Beauxbatons.

"It's on your left... wait, I think you might be my new room mate." said Draco.

The french guy smiled widely. "Oh, Oui! I come here late, straight from an 'otel. I spent troi days there... "he explained.

"My name is Draco. Malfoy." Draco said, extending his hand for him to shake.

"Oh allo, Dracou, I'm Jean Jacques Germain. My old school is Beauxbatons." the boy said, rolling his Rs and shaking Draco's hand. "The same school as Fleur Delacour, so to speak."

"Yeah, spent Christmas with her." said Draco.

"Oh, fantastique! Every male studont in France was in love with 'er, but I wasn't. Yeah, I'm gay." Jean Jacques replied.

"Me too, but I think you already know." Draco said, referring to the Daily Prophet scandal.

He wasn't sure if he knew, but, given the Wizarding World being small, he wouldn't have been surprised had the news spread overseas.

"Ah, you're Arry Potter's boyfriend, aren't you? We read about the scandal, in France."

So, it was true. Draco nodded, thinking about how fast news traveled through the world.

"Must be 'ard, being the boyfriend of the Saviour of the World, eh?" Jean Jaques observed.

"Um..." was all that the blond boy could say. He had never really stopped to think about it.

"Is it true your father kicked you out?" the newbie asked.

The guy was starting to seem weird to Draco, how did he know that?

"Ah, yeah.. but I don't really mind." he said, lying.

"Do you think it's worth it?" the French asked.

What were those questions about? Was this guy some kind of a fanatic who knew too much?

Also, the way he was asking those questions made him sound like some sort of a therapist, coming straight from Saint Mungo's.

"Of course it is... " said Draco, fighting his urge to slap him.

A/N: Just like Adrastea Sivan, Jean Jacques Germain is an OC, and my inspiration for his looks came from Gaspard Uilliel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.8K 3K 15
Harry was given a dare in the beginning of the year, but ended up with a deadly disease in the midst. So its his new mission, to get the love of his...
94.6K 2.3K 21
The war was over and a lot had changed , but who would have expected that Draco Malfoy had changed the most. When a letter from Hogwarts arrives tell...
641K 21K 67
Harry was not at all excited to start school again. He was not ready for all the "dark lord" talk to start up again. Back at Hogwarts harry walks in...
463 13 6
Sometimes you could feel it, the horrid feeling of dread just inching closer. draco felt it in harry's smile, smelt it in the rain stained rocks and...