Seeing Red: Book 1 Of The Mor...

Por CJ_Brown_Pen

**Mature Readers Only ( 18+ )** Book 1 of the Moretti series- Remi Bennett grew up with her mother an a handf... Más

Covers
From CJ
Ch. 1- Remi
Ch 2- Micah
Ch 3- Remi
Ch 4- Micah
Ch 5- Remi
Ch 6- Micah
Ch 8- Micah
Ch 9- Remi
Ch 10- Micah
Ch 11- Remi
Ch 12- Micah
Ch 13- Remi
Ch 14- Micah
Ch 15- Remi
Ch 16- Remi
Ch 17- Micah
Ch 18 - Remi
Ch 19 - Micah
Ch 20 - Remi
Ch 21- Micah
Ch 22- Remi
Ch 23 - Micah
Ch 24 - Remi
Bonus Material - Alternate section to Ch 17.

Ch 7- Remi

20.2K 668 71
Por CJ_Brown_Pen

"Oh.  My.  God! " Shay squawked at me with her jaw still on the floor. I'm not even sure the door was fully closed by the time Shay let loose.

I picked up my cup and held it to my lips to hide my grin. Looking at Shay as the cogs in her head reeled. I hadn't even swallowed my sip before she stomped over to me and started her interrogation.

"Spill. Now!"

All I could do was laugh, cheeks heated. "What do you want to know?" Setting my cup back down, I played my fingertips around the rim. Averting my gaze to the sweet caramel-colored liquid in front of me.

"Everything! How did that happen?" She flailed her hand at the door. "Was that the guy from your table last night? What did you do? Please tell me you fucked him! I bet he is amazing in bed. Was he amazing in bed? How big is he? What about.." She continued but I had started tuning her out. My head was still filtering through her questions, bringing up the sensations that came from remembering my night with Micah. 

Standing in my kitchen, my best friend wanted to know about Micah. I almost wanted to tell her. She had been one of my closest friend's since forever. This was something that we did: kissing and telling. Especially the steamy ones, and Micah was as steamy as I'd gotten in a long time and I hadn't even get dicked!

None of my friends really liked Ben and tried to discourage the relationship, but I hadn't listened. I was blinded by his flattery and awesome dick work. It took me two years to see some of the things they saw. His overconfidence in with ignorant comments. Controlling behavior and disrespect. I think I had started emerging from my fog when he threw a tantrum because I wouldn't drive out to see him one night, after working a double shift. He wasn't worth the risk of driving my tired ass to his house, in Maryland.

"Shay!" I bursted out. She hadn't stopped rattling on in her verbal assault of thoughts and questions. "Breathe woman! I'll be happy to tell you as long as you tell me what's going on with you and Dustin."

Shay's eagerness to know all about my night faded. With a huff she said, "Fine. I caught Caroline at Dustin's last weekend. They weren't doing anything and he claims that she came over to get the last bit of her things, but I don't know if I believe him. Her body language shouted that there was something more happening. I really haven't wanted to press him on it because he gets snappy when I bring her up. It's whatever. I'll figure it out." Caroline was Dustin's ex. They had almost been engaged at one point, but he had left her for Shay.  At a flip of a switch she was done sharing her personals and ready for me to share. "Your turn. I don't want Dustin to plague our day."

I gave her a weak smile because I knew better than to push the subject. After she had originally voiced her dislike for Ben, she dropped it. She knew that our friendship meant more in the long run than any boys that entered or exited our lives.

Taking a deep breath, I faced her and started filling her in about my night. Shay poured herself a cup of coffee and we drifted to the living room. She had left towards the end of the night and I hadn't had time to tell her about Ben stopping by. I started there. As I told her about what had happened, we settled on the couch and curled up next to each other. She voiced her concern and anger while telling me to keep my distance from him. Nothing I wasn't already planning to do already.

Her eyes grew wide when I told her about the tip that the Moretti's left me. Summing up Dave's nasty attitude towards me, the write-up, and what happened when I finally left.

"He came out of nowhere and acted like my damn lover. Calling me his 'baby girl,' you should have seen Ben's face! He was so pissed." I purposefully left out my overwhelming fear of the hatred I'd seen in Ben's eyes. I recapped the drive home and getting to know Micah in the kitchen. Watching her reaction. Her jaw seemed dislocated as the gawked at me. "What?"

"Rose Marie Bennett! Please tell me you got some last night!"

I threw my head back and belted out a laugh as my entire face heated. Right to the point, as usual! "Maybe," I trailed my answer to keep her in suspense. "Would you believe me if I told you that I told him I'd handle it myself? That if he didn't help, he needed to get out?"

"You dirty bitch! You did not!" The look of amusement lit up her eyes. "You did thank him for saving your ass, right? Like, the right kind of thanking?" She smiled as she took another sip of her coffee.

"Oh I thanked him, but not before he got me first." I giggled as she almost spewed her mouthful. Blocking her playful punch I rolled to the other side of the couch.

"Good God, Remi! It's about time you got some! Talk about an upgrade, holy shit!"

"Oh yeah, I don't know how long this will last, but I'll have fun while it does."

"What do you mean by that? You don't think he is interested in you?" Shay had stopped smiling and got serious.

"Think about it, he paid for dinner with a fucking black card. The ones that feel like they are made of metal. He is out of my league. I'm sure he will find some rich bitch who will keep his attention better than me. I'm just a waitress."

Shay scoffed at me as she set her coffee down and turned her body towards mine. I braced myself for the sisterly tough love she had in store for me. "Have you met you? Some rich bitch isn't going to give him down and dirty like a sexy, independent woman who works her ass off for what she has. This dude would be crazy not to at least try to keep your attention." 

Rolling my eyes, she reached out and smacked my cheek. Light enough that I knew it was playful but still left my cheek prickling. "Yeah, we'll see."

"Who knew all I had to do was smack some sense into you! So when do you see him again?" 

"Well he wanted to take me to dinner tonight, but that's a no go. You said Kenzi was in town and planning a girls' night?"

"Well shit, if it weren't girls night, I'd say go for it! Soo?"

"Tomorrow night. Dinner."

"Are you freaking kidding me?" She rolled her eyes and swigged the last of her coffee. I knew what she was thinking, but I wasn't used to someone pining for my attention. Then again, I only really had Ben co compare him to.

We laughed and wrapped up our conversation. Cleaning up my cup, I headed into my bathroom to finally take care of my hair. "Give me about 10 minutes and I'll be ready to go. Where did you want to go today?" I called out to her.

"I dunno. I'm hungry so I was thinking about the mall. I have my cousin's wedding in two weeks so I need to pick up my dress, too." She had moved into my room and sat on the bench at the end of my bed.

"Okay, we can do that. Do you want to go to one of the restaurants or eat in the food court?" I combed through my hair, knotted and still wet. 

"Food court. I want a burger and you probably want that sushi shit." I could hear the sneer on her face as she mentioned sushi.

She was right. I could make burgers or get a burger any day of the week, but sushi wasn't something I indulged in too often.

When my hair had been tamed, I twirled it back up into a bun on top of my head. It may have seemed pointless to take it down just to put it back up, but at least now it wasn't knotted and a complete mess.

I lined my lids with kohl and headed out with Shay. While I drove she rambled on about the newest dispute with her sisters. Taking short distracted breaks to sing along to songs that blared through the speakers of my car.

Ambling through the mall we window shopped, browsed, ate, and talked. While browsing in one of the trendier boutiques, Shay started talking about our plans for the evening.

"I say we need new outfits for tonight, yes?" She was pulling dresses that were revealing and way too short.

"Sure," I shrugged as my attention went back into the dress rack before me. "I know it's lame, but I want a nap before we go." I fingered a dress that was soft in my hand with beautiful lace along the neckline.

"Old lady," Shay said under her breath.

"Shay Morgan! I heard that, you ass!" Pulling the dress from the rack, I added it to the other dress in my hand.

"Hey Remi, can I pick one for you?" She smiled down at the dress in her hands.

"Only if I can pick one for you!" Tilting my head, I knew she wouldn't buy something I'd pick for her. I wasn't nearly as skilled as she was with fashion.

So we did. The dress she picked be me was a fiery fuchsia, skin-tight, and not overly revealing. The one I picked for her was knee length that had a decent neckline on the hanger, but with her being so large, she overflowed the dress.

"Um, I love that one! You're wearing it tonight!" She was standing behind me in the big mirror outside our dressing rooms, eyeing me as she hiked up her own dress.

"This isn't really my style, Shay." I fidgeted with the hemline. What I wasn't telling Shay is that it was so comfortable. I could feel the boost of confidence in it as I checked myself out in the three mirrors. I secretly loved it, but because it wasn't something I was used to, I didn't like it.

"I'll tell you this, I am not getting the one you suggested. But I am about to buy that dress for you if you don't. Plus.." She came up behind me and rested her chin on my shoulder, locking eyes with my reflection, and lowering her voice, "imagine what Micah would do to you if he saw you in this dress. " The smile on her face was mischievous and full of bad intentions.

"This," I wagged my finger at our reflection, "is why I love you!" I smiled back at her and she gave me a wink. Heading back into her dressing room to change. I ran my hands over the reddish pink fabric. Turning my hips to admire my ass. Perfect. I may not have spent much time with him but I couldn't help thinking about what Micah would do if he saw me in this dress and the images that came to me were erotic and made my skin tingle. Yup, I needed this dress.

By the time we got back to my apartment, it was close to three. Shay took her bags and left, leaving me to have my 'old lady nap.' It had been a few months since we'd had a good shopping day and the seven shopping bags in my living room were proof of that. I'd also ordered a large mirror for my bedroom that would be delivered on Wednesday morning, my next day off.

A yawn escaped my mouth and I rubbed my hands over my face. Collapsing into my bed I sluggishly set my timer for an hour so that I could get up before dinner and get ready.

He had only been here one night and already my pillows smelled like him. The masculine musk filled my nose, and somehow my entire head. Closing my eyes, visions of him between my thighs. Remembering gripping his head to me. Thoughts pushed a moan from my throat. As daydream replays of last night filled my head, sleep took me.

The melodic bells I'd set as my alarm woke me, letting me know it was already 4:45. My hair was a mess and my face imprinted on from my sheets. Rolling over and stretching, I wasn't ready to get up yet but I knew I needed to. Shay asked that I pick up everyone up for dinner at 7:30. With prep and traffic, I needed to be at Shay's at 6:30. Knowing her, she wouldn't even be ready.

Stripping as I meandered into the bathroom, I wondered what Micah was up to. Did he end up making other plans? It didn't really matter, it's not like I could invite him out tonight. It was our unwritten rule for girls night. Whether we were going out or staying in, if it was just the girls, the men weren't allowed. It was our way of saying 'fuck it' to our problems and being able to have carefree fun!

I made quick work of retouching my makeup and giving my hair a soft curl. I stepped back and admired myself in my birthday suit. Tonight my skin felt as soft as satin and I reveled in it. I felt good in my own skin and my confidence was raised because of it. I'm sure having had Micah here overnight helped, too. The way he took his time made me feel admired. The fact that he stopped to check if I'd wanted to continue was the most gentlemanly thing any man had ever done for me.

I snatched my phone off the counter and opened my camera. Holding my chest with my left hand and angling my hips to hide my dark triangle, I snapped a shot from my pouty lips to my ankles. My dark hair exaggerated my curves and my ass looked phenomenal. Without hesitation I opened my texts and wrote Micah, attaching the photo with "think of me," as the message.

As I passed through my bedroom, I tossed the phone on the bed. Almost as soon as it hit the bed it vibrated, signaling that I had a text. A smile graced my lips as I excitedly wondered what the text would say. I knew I'd thrown him off by sending him so risqué and took delight in imagining his reaction.

I grabbed two of the bags from the living room and dumped the contents on my bed. The new lingerie wouldn't be seen tonight but I wanted to wear them anyway. Cutting tags off and slipping into the fresh lace and turned to the dress Shay chose for me. I wasn't quite ready for that yet, so I lay on the bed and cradled my phone in my hands.

My smile faded and an exaggerated pout formed. It was Shay.

Shay: 

Hey sxy, Kenz brought Lex. 
Hope you don't mind!

Me: 

YAY! I've got room, see
you 
in a bit

Shay: 

Cum early so we can get ready
2gether ;P

Too late for that. Dropping my phone on the bed I rolled to my back, staring at the ceiling. I was already planning to come early. It had been years since I'd seen our friends Makenzi and Alexis. They both moved down to Florida after they turned 21 for a fresh start.

They were foster sisters and had gotten out of their foster parents' home as soon as they both were 21. Struggling together, they made the decision to move, together. I'm not even sure what they do, but their paychecks have allowed them all kinds of luxuries including designer handbags, a penthouse apartment, and nice cars.

My phone buzzed again and I glanced over. This time, it wasn't Shay.

Micah:

Hard not to

Warmth flooded me as I stared at Micah's words. Capturing my lower lip in my teeth as I wrote him back.

Me: 

How hard?

Micah:

You sure you don't want me to
come by tonight?

Me: 

I'd love that but I promised 

my girls I was theirs for the night

Micah: 

That's too bad. I'd be more 
than happy to wrap up my 
business and come to you

Me:

As much as I'd like that, I'm 
about to headed out

Micah: 

Where to?

Me: 

Dinner then drinks

Micah: 

That doesn't answer 
 my question

I smiled, imagining his reactions to my vague messages.

Me: 

Dinner at a restaurant and 
drinks at a club

Micah:

Okay, Okay. Have a good 
night with your girls beautiful

Micah:

I'll see you tomorrow

Me: 

Sweet dreams sexy,
see you tomorrow

Sitting on the edge of my bed with feet hooked on the frame, I really wanted to tell him the name of the club. Have him mysteriously show up to the same club. The same night that I'm out with my girls. What would be the chances? The girls would never buy it, especially Shay!

I was giggling to myself as I slipped into my dress and found my black heeled booties at the back of my closet. Choosing my faux leather jacket as my cover, I snagged my clutch with my mini wallet, phone, and keys and headed to Shay's.

As soon as I'd entered her house, I was greeted by shrieking and a beautiful woman throwing herself at me.

"Holy shit! Remi, fuckin,' Bennett! I fucking missed you, girl!" No one but Lexi! Alexis was the first to me when I closed the door and she wrapped her arms around me. She was shorter but the hooker heels put her at my chin. 

If I didn't already know them I would have either been intimidated by both Alexis and Makenzi or wanted to be them. Not only were they were confident, they were extremely pretty. It was a dangerous combination and they wore it well. Alexis was more wild than Kenzi, but they evened each other out.

"Shit Lexi, you smell amazing and you look bangin' too!" Holding her at arm's length I checked her out. She wore a glitter crop top that crisscrossed across her chest, short dark denim shorts, and knee high stiletto boots. She had teased her blue black hair into a perfectly full half up, half down style and her makeup looked professionally done.

"Thanks honey! So you need to tell me, what happened to you?" With a seductive smile, she ran her hands over my chest and down my sides, smoothing my dress with her manicured hands. "This is not a dress you'd usually wear. Who chose it, because it wasn't you."

"What makes you think that I didn't pick it? I love this dress!" Lex raised a perfectly shaped brow at me. She knew me better than to assume I'd bought it on my own. "Technically Shay chose it, but I bought it," I insisted.

"Yeah, but that's only because I threatened to buy it for her!" Shay chimed in from the hall bathroom.

Called out!  We all laughed at my expense. These girls became my sisters in high school and as women, we were even closer. 

"Where's Kenz?" I hadn't seen her yet and I definitely hadn't heard her yet.

"She got one of her migraines earlier, so she is laying down in the guest room." Shay indicated towards the back of the house.

The house was small with only two bedrooms, one bathroom, and an eat in kitchen. Being that it was just Shay, she didn't need a full dining room and used the extra space for entertainment.

As I walked down the hall the light diminished as I got closer to the back of the house. The door to the guest room was slightly open and I pushed in. I could barely see her laying on the bed, back towards me.

"Hey sleeping beauty, how are you feeling?" I said it softly so I wouldn't alarm her.

When she didn't move, I sat on the edge of the bed and placed my hand on her shoulder. Her breathing was slow and steady, she was still sleeping.

Switching on the small lamp on the side table, I gave her shoulder a slight shake and she rolled to face me. Her doe eyes fluttering open as she stretched her long arms overhead.

"Remi," she breathed as she yawned at me.

Makenzie was stunningly beautiful. Her delicate features were accentuated by her long silver violet hair. She was definitely the quietest of our group but it didn't mean she didn't spit fire every now and then. 

She was the girl in high school that quietly stayed on the sideline, always watching and listening. I remember once, in high school, a cheerleader tried to call her out on a crush.  When the cheerleader announced to the cafeteria that Kenzi like Tyler Henderson, it backfired. She walked up to him, face red, and whispered in his ear, made out with him in front of everyone, then left, hand in hand, to go make out in his car. No one really messed with her after that, but she did get a lot of attention from the guys.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I played with a tendril of her hair. She reminded me of a  mermaid turned human.

"Tired. I don't even know what time it is."

"It's just now 6:30. How's your head?"

"Much better, thank you. I think it's finally done." Kenz sat up and smoothed her hand over her forehead. She had once described her migraines as hurricanes that ripped through her. She would have some warning signs but she never knew how long they would last. "Wait, you said it's already 6:30? I need to get up and get ready. Y'all aren't waiting on me, are you?"

"No one is rushing. I just got here and the girls are still getting ready. Although, if you ask me, you and Lex look like you stepped off the runway." That earned me a pouty smile. 

She looked relieved but I wasn't joking! She looked like she was ready to go out as is. I knew better, she would redo her makeup and curl her hair again. I'm fairly certain one of her jobs was as a makeup artist, but neither her or Lex are very open about how they made their money.

As she swept the cover back, she swung her legs over the side of the mattress and made her way to her feet. 

When all was done and we were all properly dressed we headed out to dinner at a small hole in the wall restaurant in Old Town. Gina met us there but only stayed for dinner. She wasn't feeling up to it with having an opening shift the next morning.

Conversation flowed as we enjoyed our food and wine. I had a glass but seeing as I'd been deemed the designated driver, I wasn't drinking the rest of the night. As we left the restaurant my phone buzzed but I'd been too wrapped up in conversation to check it. 

Kenzi plugged in her phone into my charger and pulled up directions to the club. She rattled on about the fact that her friend, from Miami, hooked her up with VIP treatment tonight. When she told us, I groaned in protest because this 'friend' of hers, had also put down a decent amount of money for us to enjoy ourselves. Which meant alcohol, on a night that I wasn't supposed to be drinking.

Pulling into the parking lot we spilled out of my car in fits of laughter about something Lex or Shay had said. I'd stashed my keys under my seat and locked the doors. I was thankful for the keypad on the outside of my door! Snatching up my clutch and phone and remembered the text.

Opening the message, I swore under my breath. "Mother fucker!" Heat pooled low in my belly as my tongue jutted out to moisten my lips.

"Holy fuck, Remi!" Shay's shrill voice came over my shoulder and I hugged the phone to my chest. 

Turning, her eyes were wide as she closed the car door and approached quickly. She had seen the photo.

"What?" Almost in perfect unison, Alexis and Makenzi asked. 

"Remi is looking at fucking porn," her taunting amusement was thick as she tried to snatch my phone away from me.

"I was not! It was just a friend sending me a photo." I tried to explain it to my friends. I was unsuccessful as they all crowded me, trying to sneak a peek at the picture Micah had just sent me. 

Nearly identical to the angle that I had sent him, he was naked and his delicious member was hidden by his strong hand. Excluding the majority of his face, I could see the smirk and his tan, no tan-lined, absolutely gorgeous body. I desperately wanted to open the picture, to stare and admire but I wasn't sharing that view. Instead, I clicked the power button and slipped it into my purse. Ignoring the groans and moans of disapproval from my friends. 

I'm gonna kill him!

***

A/N- Thank you for continuing to read! If you're enjoying the story so far please make sure to vote, comment, and share!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

986K 43.7K 31
Cover by: @Enny101 Christian DeLuca is a very successful businessman with little regard for anyone he doesn't consider family, he's found work and li...
1.7M 53.1K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...
428K 8.5K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...