Life As Each Other (Drarry fa...

By firelesssdragon

It's 8th year and the Battle of Hogwarts is nothing but a memory. Almost all of the survivors come back to st... More

The Spell
Waking Up
The First Night
The Next Morning
Confusion and Complications
No Known Cure
The Quidditch Match
Not All Slytherins Are Evil
The Not So Golden Trio
Expecto Patronum
Hogsmeade
Nightmares
Wandless Magic
Mischief Managed
The Leather Notebook
Rumours
The First Step
"Harry has green eyes"
No Emotion, No Pain
Just A Little Tipsy
Black Bows and Parchment
Daydreams and Mental Rants
Resurfaced Feelings
Messy Emotions
Teddy's Godfather
Malfoy Manor
If Only
All Was Well

Just a Dream

11.8K 551 486
By firelesssdragon

Harry's P.O.V
"I'm sorry for ruining things." I whispered. It echoed throughout my mind, growing louder and louder.

I held my breath, waiting for a response. But before I got one, my world began to spin. The grass beneath me disappeared and Draco was slowly fading too. I looked around, desperate for an answer as to why I couldn't speak and why the world was slowly going dark.

"I'm sorry." I said again. I didn't know why but I felt the urge to say that. Almost as if it all was my fault.

In a few moments, I was enclosed in a space of pure black. I could see nothing apart from piercing red eyes and an overly familiar, snake like voice hissing,

"You lose Harry."

Voldemort. I desperately looked around and shouted for help. My terror only ended when I was shook awake and a calm voice filled my head. I placed a hand on my head and only felt myself relax when I remembered it was all just a dream.

I focused back on the person who'd just woken me. It was still dark but the moonlight was bright enough to make out the white-blonde hair and grey-blue eyes.

The first, but still frightening, part of my dream flooded back. I knew now it was only a dream, but were my feelings only a dream too? I couldn't tell at the moment and I didn't really want to. For now I wanted to spend time with Draco who smiled greatly when he saw I was okay.

"Draco? How long have I been asleep?"

"You fell asleep half an hour ago, I let you sleep till you began to move and talk in your sleep. I heard you say random words and then ... Voldemort, so I woke you up." Draco explained, pausing and grimacing when he said Voldemort.

I sincerely hoped by 'random words' he didn't mean he heard me saying I liked him or anything. I was sure he'd point it out if he did but I wanted to make sure anyway.

"When you heard me say 'random words' what else did I say?" I asked, hesitating at first.

"Well I heard my name a few times, a lot of mumbling and you apologizing a lot." He looked questioningly at me.

I shrugged, pretending that I couldn't remember my dream and therefore couldn't tell him why I'd been saying his name. But then again I forgot I'm a terribly bad liar and Draco was extremely good at reading people.

"So are you going to tell me what your dream was about then?" Draco asked, ignoring the fact I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Can't remember."

"Can't remember or you just don't want to tell me?" He asked.

"Don't want to tell you." I mumbled.

His mouth twitched upwards at that. He clearly enjoyed being right, and with me that wasn't too hard. Draco soon continued reading and I settled to looking at him. Well, the back of him.

I couldn't work out my real feelings. Or if I even liked Draco at all. I knew I liked spending time with him, and genuinely looked forward to our late night meetings.

But I wasn't into guys at all. I mean I've had girlfriends, not that they lasted. Anyway the point was that I've never even thought about kissing boys. A tiny corner of my mind suggested the whole reason I've never had a lasting relationship was because I was with girls.

But I ignored that corner of my brain and just decided I hadn't met 'the one' yet. I also decided to ignore how perfect Draco looked. He was sitting still on the grass, flipping a page every few minutes. His legs were crossed and he was leaning against a tree.

The moon wasn't making him look any less perfect either but instead, making it harder to ignore him. I silently cursed the silver moonlight and focused on quidditch practice. I wasn't captain despite the numerous requests, I'd had enough of if being incharge for a while. Instead Ginny was captain, and a rather good one at that.

I was still the seeker of course. I wasn't going to give up my position as seeker, even if I wanted to leave (which I didn't) the team and probably the whole of Gryffindor house wouldn't let me.

Usually the older students weren't apart of the team, but anything that included me never was normal. But then again, that's why I loved Quidditch. Or flying to be more precise. The feeling of everything slipping away, the wind, the speed. I loved it and always will. It was the only time I felt close to normal. Just a boy enjoying the rush of flying.

While Quidditch successfully took my mind away from Draco, it took my mind away from the fact I was still staring at the back of him the entire time. Only now he'd turned around and I wasn't staring at the back of him anymore but rather his uncomfortable and confused face.

"Oh sorry I was daydreaming." I confessed awkwardly as he nodded in realisation.

"About what?" He asked wryly, the corner of his mouth perking upwards.

"Quidditch."

"Sure thing." He said with one eyebrow raised, showing he wasn't going to believe me either way.

"We should get going, it's getting late." Draco said, slowly getting up and subconsciously combing a hand through his hair.

His hair was slighted longer than it had ever been before. It seemed Draco hadn't cut his hair in a while and I was glad he didn't. The ends of his hair were beginning to reach the bottom of his ears and he rarely gelled it back. He definately looked better. How he didn't have a girlfriend already confused me, but that Parkinson was always rather close to him.

A few strands covered his face and he quickly pushed them behind his ear before walking away. Only turning once to give a slight nod and a smile in my direction.

The dream kept invading my mind at the most random times and so I came to a very realistic conclusion. I don't know why I never thought of it when it was so obvious! Clearly I only had that dream because of all the rumours I've been hearing.

It's not like any of those feelings were real. I was just so used to hearing that people thought me and Draco were a thing that it happened in my dream. No truth behind it whatsoever.

With that mindset, I walked back to my dorms and snuck in before anyone saw I was missing. Except my plans never work and for some reason I still have never made a back up plan.

I walked into the common room and found Ron and Hermione sitting infront of the blazing fire. They looked up as I entered, completely unfazed. They were waiting for me again.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be asleep?" I said, stating the obvious as usual.

"Why were you out so late again?" Hermione said, her voice gentle as if I was a ball of glass that could shatter at any point.

"Why are you speaking to me like that?" I ask cautiously.

"We were worried. You've been out a lot lately." Ron said.

"Nightmares." I shrugged.

"Is that why you came in smiling." Hermione quickly interjected.

"I went for a walk that's it. Now I'm going to bed let's speak in the morning. Okay?" I said rushing upstairs instead of waiting for a reply.

But Hermione knew better than to drag Ron with her for no reason. Little did I know, Ron had woken up and grabbed the marauders map while I was gone. I didn't use it now since I only needed it to check if Draco was out or not. When I knew he was outside waiting, I'd leave it in one of my drawers. But Ron knew where I kept it and he also knew how to use it.

He and Hermione weren't waiting to see if I was okay. They were waiting to see if I'd tell them the truth. Why I was out so late, why I was smiling after a supposed nightmare and why I was out for hours at a time.

But now they knew. After I escaped to the comfort of my bed, Ron came up and told me everything. And that's where we were now, talking in hushed whispers on my bed during the early hours of the morning.

"Why Malfoy though?" Ron whined.

"I don't know, he's different now."

"Different?"

"He's changed. Trust me." I said looking Ron in the eye. I believe every word I said I wanted Ron to as well.

"Mate are you sure these rumours aren't true- ow that hurt!" Ron said before I punched him in the arm. I laughed while he muttered something and soon we were talking about anything that came to our minds, just waiting for the sun to rise.

"You coming Quidditch practise tonight?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, wouldn't miss it."

People began to wake now as the first signs of sunlight began to show. I checked my timetable and let out a grunt when I read Divination which we had with the Ravenclaws. Divination never had been my strong point.

I walked beside Ron and Hermione on the way to our clsssroom. While we were still in the castle, we just so happened to bump into a gang of fellow Slytherins.

A boy who I recognised to be Theodore Nott pushed to the front (much to Draco's annoyance) and pulled out his wand.

He caught me completely off guard and aimed for my shoes, casting a foreign spell that had everyone besides Hermione and Draco looking confused. When a thin band of gold wrapped itself around my ankles, Nott smirked and Draco began to take deep breaths so he wouldn't end up doing something he'd regret.

My feet were bound tightly together and after a few agonising seconds, I fell to the floor. Even Blaise and Pansy didn't approve of this, you could see it on their faces. Draco however took to glaring at Nott and then he closed his eyes. Almost as if he was trying to concentrate.

Nott began to laugh at this but when Draco opened his eyes again, Nott was still laughing but with no sound. It took a few moments but Nott panicked at looked at Draco's hand to find no wand. He took off, running towards the hospital wing.

Draco calmly bent down and touched the tip of his wand on the thin gold band. I felt it loosen and rubbed the sides of my ankles when it finally broke off. I quickly stood up, embarrased when I realised the very small distance between my face and Draco's, said thanks to him and ran off with Ron and Hermione when she cast a tempus charm and found we were 15 minutes late.

I felt a twang of pride as I remembered what just happened. Draco did wandless magic. Again! I knew he wasn't lying before, but seeing him doing it right infront of me confirmed it. I knew wandless magic was a thing but definately not for an 18 year old wizard. Draco always had been above the rest of us, sometimes even Hermione.

If anything, Draco's face at the end of it was worth it. The way he grinned in a very un-slytherin manner and the way his smile look genuine. I couldn't wait to tease him on how Gryffindor the whole ordeal was.

But for now I'll just act surprised or say I saw Pansy holding her wand under her sleeve. I didn't even need to keep this a secret but I liked having an almost private, separate life. I preferred to keep anything that involved Draco Malfoy, a secret.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 4K 12
When Harry and Draco return to school for their eighth year, neither imagined they would be best friends. Yet, just minutes into the train ride, Harr...
120K 3.4K 18
Draco Malfoy, returns to the eighth year of Hogwarts, broken and sad. Harry Potter, hates Malfoy for being a bully, trying to kill Dumbledore, and se...
53.1K 2.7K 2
It's eighth year at Hogwarts for those students who've chosen to come back. Over the course of several months, Harry and Draco have managed to becom...
34 2 1
When everyone is invited to go back for 8th year, only a couple of people answer. Ron and Harry decide to go straight to becoming aurors but Hermione...