Mellifluous

By FebAmethyst004

Formerly "Without You" EDIT: 7-15-20 Jung Kook fell in love at first sight in the weirdest way possible. A be... More

Author's Note (Edited)
Prologue
Chapter 1: Her
Chapter 2: Fire
Chapter 3: By Fate
Chapter 4: Live
Chapter 5: Threat
Chapter 6: Painted Rose
Extra: International Playgirl
Chapter 8: Han River
Chapter 9: As if it's your Last
Chapter 10: Friends and Foes
Chapter 11: Faded
Chapter 12: Hazy
Chapter 13 : The Interview
Chapter 14: Crush
Chapter 15: A trip to YG
Chapter 16: Green Eyed Monsters
Chapter 17: Kisses and Heartbreaks

Chapter 7: Her Voice

3.9K 185 51
By FebAmethyst004

Hongdae
BTS' Dorm
Jung Kook's POV

The moment that I found out that she's an idol, I've wanted to decreased my expectations. It's impossible for us to be together anyways.

I kept on telling myself that I admired her only as a fellow artist.

I mean, who falls in love like that, she probably helped tons of people, right?

You would fall in love like that, Jung Kook. My inner voice said.

I sighed, it's no use. I thought that because she was an idol, I would think less of my feelings. I thought that I might find something wrong in her and make me, unlike her, is that even a word?

It's been 2 months since I last saw her in person. She really is more beautiful in person. And her voice, don't even get me started with her voice. It's so unique that even if I close my eyes I would know it's her that's singing. I would never get enough of it, I would never get tired of her voice.

I was so shook when she sang back in Gayo Daejun. She even played her guitar! I couldn't stop myself from smiling and my jaw just keeps on dropping.

I'm not the only one who had that reaction, of course. There were others as well. I saw the reactions of the other members and other boy groups when I watched the fancams of that performance.

I saw how Taehyung hyung kept on saying 'Wah' or 'Daebak' and how he would look at the screen when it's her. I saw how impressed the CNBLUE sunbaenims are when she played her guitar. I saw how Twice reacted when she sang a part of TT. I could go on and on, actually.

But when the members saw the video of my reaction, I was teased none stop for days. Good thing I didn't tell them that I met her backstage.

I could never forget the time I met her again.

The acoustic stage just finished.

I'm still in awe. She really was amazing. Even Taehyung hyung and RM hyung kept on praising her. I think a lot of the guys fell in love with her, and some noonas too.

"Waahhh! That was so amazing, Rosé-shi's voice sounds so nice," Taehyung said, looking at me and Namjoon hyung.

He had a huge and proud smile on his face.

"Yeah, really amazing," I whispered.

"Rosé-shi's haters are left dumbfounded now," I heard Tae hyung say.

"Right," Namjoon hyung replied.

After talking for a while, I felt the need to go to the bathroom. I drank too much water during the performances again.

Problem is, the comfort rooms were backstage.

"Hyung, I need to go to the bathroom," I told them.

"Do you want us to come with you?" he asked.

"No need hyung, you can stay here."

He nodded. I politely excused myself and walked towards the backstage.

I was looking down my shoes while walking. Just when I rounded the corner, I bumped into someone.

I grabbed their shoulders before they could fall.

"I'm sorry!" I quickly apologized then looked at the person in front of me.

Our eyes met when she looked at me.

Rosé-shi!

"I'm really really sorry!" I bowed at her and repeatedly apologized.

"It's alright, sunbaenim," she said to me.

Her speaking voice is pretty too.

"I wasn't looking where I was walking, you're not hurt right?" I inquired.

She smiled at me, "Not at all sunbae."

I rubbed the back of my neck. Our situation continuously growing awkward. I don't know what to say anymore.

"I'll leave first sunbae," she said, waving at me.

I don't know what came over me when I suddenly grabbed her wrist, stopping her from leaving.

She turned to me and she looked a bit startled.

Now where the hell do I get this courage?

"I'm sorry!" I apologized again. I let go of her wrist before I took a deep breath and started to speak.

"I-I just w-wanted to f-formally introduce myself," I stuttered.

I bowed at a 90° angle, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Bangtan Sonyeondan's maknae, Jeon Jung Kook."

I looked up and saw her smiling at me. I smiled back sheepishly.

"You didn't have to sunbae, everybody knows who you are." She said shyly. "Oh right! I'll introduce myself as well. I'm Blackpink's main vocal, Rosé." She bowed at me.

I was about to reply when cheers erupted from the other side, a signal that a performance is about to start.

"I have to go sunbae, my members are probably waiting for me," She smiled at me then waved goodbye.

"Y-yeah," I muttered.

"It was nice meeting you though sunbae," She said before leaving.

"You too."

I sighed at the memory. I probably left a weird impression on her.

I stood up from the chair that I was sitting on and went to the living room.
I'll just watch television to ease my mind.

When I got out, I saw Jimin hyung and Taehyung hyung already watching TV.
"What are you guys watching? Where are the others?" I asked.

"Namjoon hyung, Yoongi hyung, and Hobi hyung went to the studio. I don't know where Jin hyung is though," Tae hyung answered.

Before I could reply, the door to our dorm opened. Jin hyung and Hoseok hyung brought in bags of groceries and chinese takeout.

"Oh! I thought you were at the studio Hobi hyung," Jimin said.

"I left early, mamajin needed help with the groceries," He replied.

We all helped put away the groceries so we could eat. Jin hyung was preparing the takeout that they bought while we sat down on the couch, mindlessly changing the channels until we could find something interesting.

"Ah! Wait! Go back," Taehyung suddenly said.

Jimin hyung put it back to the channel that Tae hyung said.

It was the King of Masked Singer.

"Great! It just started," Hobi hyung came out of the dining room, Jin hyung behind him.

They were carrying the food. I fixed and removed some stuff that was on the coffee table so that there was enough space for the food.

I grabbed a bowl of fried rice and a few dumplings.

The host started to introduce the contestants for that night. One was 'I am buying' guy, he was unfamiliar. The guy had a lot people who were similar to his body type that's why it's hard to determine who he is. The host then showed and introduced 'Circus Girl.'

I stopped eating. Her figure, it's so familiar. Her mannerism are so Rosé like, but her hair color is different, could it be?

No way!

"Oh!" I turned my head to see Tae hyung.

He looks a bit shocked. His mouth was hanging open, as if he realized something. 

He was about to say something when Hobi hyung shushed him.

"They're about to sing."

We all shut up when 'I am buying' began to sing his part of the song. The song was in English that's why the guy had an accent. It was different from a Korean accent.

He's probably a foreigner.

I was nodding along to the beat while eating, until 'Circus Girl' began to sing.

🎶She's in to new sensations,
           New kicks in the candlelight.
      She's got a new addiction,
           For every day and night.🎶

It really is her!

I coughed, choking a bit on my food.

"Oh, Are you okay Jung Kook?" Jimin hyung stood up and took a bottle of water from the fridge, opening it before handing it to me.

"Wah! That voice! I'm sure now!"

Tae hyung suddenly stood up and began clapping. He pointed at the screen, showing of his infamous box smile, "I know her."

He looks so proud.

"Eh? Really? Just by that," Hobi hyung said, surprised.

"Her voice does seem familiar," Jimin hyung commented. He placed a finger under his chin, thinking.

"Her accent though, it's either she's a foreigner or she studied English in another country," Jin hyung stated.

"Or she grew up in a foreign country," I whispered. Of course I know facts about her. Fanboy here, hello.

"Is she an idol?" Hobi hyung asked, turning to Tae-hyung.

We all looked at him expectantly. He just smiled at us.

"I'm surprised you didn't recognize her voice right away," He said, shaking his head.

"I know who she is too, hyung!" I suddenly blurted.

All heads whipped towards me.

I slapped my mouth with my hand.

Stupid mouth, talking before thinking. Now it looks like I'm bragging.

"Oho, Our maknae recognizes her," Hobi hyung teased.

I just shut up and continued to watch while eating. The others did too. But I noticed that Tae hyung was focusing so hard that he's not eating.

He must be under a spell.

There were now only 4 contestants. She passed, she's going to sing in the second round.

I'm so proud of her.

After the show ended we all just sat down. Contemplating.

"You two know her, so that must mean we know her too," Hobi hyung suddenly said.

"I might have an idea on who she is," Jimin hyung said. Looking at Hobi hyung.

"Me too," Jin hyung said as well.

"Is she a foreigner? An idol?" Hobi hyung asked desperately.

"Aigoo, the hints that they gave is enough to know who she is hyung," I said.

"Why do you think these two idiots are so interested in her?" Jimin hyung said, pointing at me and Tae-hyung.

"Yah!" We both yelled at the same time.

Well he is right. But I'm not gonna agree on that.

Hobi hyung still looked confused.

"We'll confirm who she is next week!" Jin hyung excitedly said.

"I'll be extremely disappointed in you if you don't know who she is hyung," Tae hyung said, pouting.

"Me too," I mumbled.

"Wait, so no one's really gonna tell me who she is?!" He yelled.

"Eopseo."

🐇🐇🐇🐇

Pain. Suffering. Heartache.

Those were the emotions that she conveyed while singing. You could feel her emotions through the television.

It makes you want to hug her, sooth her.

Me and the other hyungs really made time for this program. Yoongi hyung and Namjoon hyung even joined us. They obviously wanted to know what was happening.

"Wah, mugsori jinja yepeudda."

"Really Beautiful"

"Amazing"

"Who could possibly hurt her?"

"Yahh, I think I might cry"

"Yah! Uljima"

The comments of my hyungs make me proud. For some reason, I want them to like her as well. But not the kind of 'like' that I'm feeling.

Obviously one of them 'likes' her the way you do.

We were all silent while the judges gave compliments and talked about her. Eunkwang sunbae knows who she is, obviously, and so does the other younger panelists.

I smile whenever she does something cute. My lips just seem to move on its own. My mind can't seem to comprehend the reason why she could be hurting. I mean, it's not just the song. It's like she's wearing a mask, something that hides her true feelings.

It was time to know who passed the second round. I don't even know why I'm nervous. It's like being on the show all over again.

Sad.

'Circus Girl' didn't pass the second round. But she was still amazing, Eunkwang hyung and some of the panelists who probably voted for her looked disappointed.

It was the moment that we've all been waiting for. To know who she is. I know it's her.

The anticipation that we built up for the past week is ready to burst.

Everyone went near the television. Nearly blocking out my view.

The host asked her to remove her mask at the back of the stage.

5

I closed my eyes, remembering her voice.

4

The soft and unique tone...

3

Her words that are laced with a foreign accent...

2

... I know it's your voice, I know it's you.

Cheers erupted from the audience. All the guys are shouting and cheering, even my members.

I opened my eyes just in time to see her beautiful face.

1

My Rosé.

🐇🐇🌹🌹

This chapter turned out to be much more cheesier than I expected 😂😂

Bear with Jung Kook's cheesiness, he's in love. Haha!

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. I still can't believe more than 10 people actually read this story. I hesitated in posting this story because I thought that no one would read this.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. If you guys have any ideas and suggestions feel free to comment. I'll try to do it.

Our chipmunk's point of view will be up next and they'll be meeting soon.

Until next time everyone! Bye~~ 😘😘🌹🌹

A/N: (03/30/23) I tried to fix as much grammatical errors as possible. If you guys see any more please do point it out. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 259 39
"Are you even the same Lalisa who'm I fall Inlove with years ago?" He blink faintly, staring at her with his hooded eyes.. "I don't know. What do you...
283K 10.6K 40
Lalisa Manoban is a rich girl. She's a stuck-up and a narcissist. There's no way she wouldn't be when she comes from a wealthy family and never had t...
5.7K 252 25
A rosekook fan fiction whose story is based on a tv show... it is gonna be different from all other fan fictions... here you will not see any start o...
33.5K 2K 12
In which both Jungkook and Chaeyoung losing every chance they got to experience the art of becoming one. »»-----!!!-----«« To be safe, it's rated for...