Letters from J

By sweet_nightmare92

Megan Fields is uptight and has no time for boys. She's boring and plain and hates parties. And did I mention... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 11

89.9K 1.4K 366
By sweet_nightmare92

Please don't hate me, guys! I know this took a very long time.. I was just feeling blank these past weeks and busy too.. The moment I find the time to write, I feel tired and sleepy.. And writing while tired and sleepy is not  good thing.. So, sorry I just updated now.. But I am hoping you would like this chapter.. Don't forget to leave comments! I absolutely love reading each of your comments!

Lots of love,

~beth~ =)

~~~~~

"Oh, come on, Meg." James chuckled. "Loosen up! I'm not gonna murder you or bury you alive. So stop pouting and glaring at me."

The very second I was locked inside James' car, I crossed my arms over my chest and locked my mouth shut, as a sign of my ongoing protest to wherever he was taking me. 

"You aren't really gonna talk to me?" He raised an amused eyebrow at me.

I scoffed at him then turned my gaze over the unfamiliar road we were taking. I bit my lower lip to prevent me from asking where we are. 

"You're not even gonna ask me where I'm taking you?" He grinned, clearly enjoying himself.

I scowled.

He laughed. "You're so predictable. Now, are you gonna ask me or what?"

"Where are you taking me?" I said, finally.

He laughed once more. "Not telling you, babe. It's a surprise!"

I scowled louder and hit his arm. "You're a jerk!"

"Ow!" He said. "I'm impressed. You don't actually hit like a girl."

"And I can even hit you more. Wanna try me?" I asked, annoyed.

He shook his head as he laughed.

"Now where are you taking me?" I asked again.

"Patience. We're almost there."

Just then, my nose started to pick up on the smell of something salty and fishy. And before I could even ask if my olfactory sense is right, my eyes caught sight of the wide vast of blue waters. It's the beach!

"The beach?" My voice sounded more enthusiastic than I intended to. I have been wanting to go to the beach for some time now and clearly, I am not so good at hiding my excitement. James stopped the car and surprisingly ran to my side and opened my door for me.

"I knew you'd like it here. Come on!" He said and grabbed my hand, tugging me towards the beach. And to my surprise, I didn't complain.

"Hey, James!" A tan and tall boy waved at him as we neared the refreshment stand.

James slapped his arm. "What's up, Brad? Everything good here today?"

"Pretty much. I didn'y know you'd be here. Do you have a shift for today?"

James placed his arm around my shoulder. "Nah! I'm just here to show my girl around."

I scoffed and wiggled out of his hold.

Brad laughed at this. "So what can I get you guys?"

"Deli sandwich and taquitos and four seasons smoothie." James replied. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What? I'm hungry." He said.

"Got it!" Brad wrote it down.

"Thanks, man." James reached down behind the counter and took a black bag before grabbing my hand and taking me in the open area. Once we were there, he let go of my hand and opened the bag revealing a plaid picnic blanket, laying it down in one try.

He sat down and made himself comfortable as he patted the space next to him for me to take. I snorted at him and crossed my arms. "Do you always have that blanket prepared for all the girls you bring out here?"

"No. I don't bring girls here. I usually bring them to clubs." He answered.

"And I'm supposed to feel special?" I laughed.

"You are special." 

I choked on my laugh. I stared at the James in front of me who has a prefect dead serious look on his face that I'm not sure if he's just messing with me again. I cleared my throat to hide my creeping blush and sat down a few feet away from him. It was also the same time that Brad arrived with our food.

"Enjoy the food guys!" Brad grinned at us.

"Thanks." I smiled at him and stared at the huge deli sandwich and taquito in front of me and my mouth instantly waters. "Looks delicious."

"They are." James chuckled and grabbed his taquito. "They're the best in town."

I grabbed my own taquito and took a bite and it's instantly heaven. James wasn't kidding. This is the best taquito I have ever tasted in my whole life. "This is more than delicious." I said in my half stuffed mouth.

"Of course. This is one reason I stick around here."

"So," I swallowed and took a drink of the delicious smoothie before I continued. "You work here too?"

"Yep. Every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. In case you want to find me on those days." He gave me his confident grin and I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you have two jobs anyway? You own a Ferrari! A freaking Ferrari! Where is your bike anyway? I thought it's like your baby that you can't live without." I asked.

"I have two jobs because I'm saving up for college because I'm sure as hell that I don't want to be dependent on my mom forever let alone her husband. I don't own that Ferrari. That Ferrari belongs to my stepfather. And my bike is at home since you don't seem to enjoy riding it. And I may love my bike but it's not the baby I can't live without." He stares intently at me making me think there is more to what he said.

I cleared my throat again and took another bite of my food. Well, I guess I should be flattered that at least for once he did think for my sake and left the scary motorbike. But then he also dragged me here without my approval. Although I'm starting to enjoy myself with the delicious food and being at the beach. But he also made me skip class. Although he's being all nice to me.

"What are you arguing with your self about?" He suddenly said, an amused smile playing on his lips.

I frowned at him. "What do you mean? I'm not arguing with myself. That's stupid."

He laughed, obviously not believing me. "Yes, you are. You always do that. I know when you are having an internal battle with your self because you furrow your eyebrows, then the next second you relax them, then furrow them again, sometimes even raise an eyebrow then relax them again. This time I can even guess what it is that you're arguing with yourself."

I automatically raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?" I challenged him.

"You are arguing with yourself whether you like it that you're here with me or not." He replied without blinking.

I stared at him in disbelief for a few seconds before pulling an irritated face. "Don't be so full of yourself! You still haven't had the ultimate privilege of being inside my head."

He smirked at me, seeing through my lie. "I hit the bull's eye, didn't I?" He moved closer to me, his face only centimeters away that I can feel the heat off his skin. "But then I can't see which side is winning. Will you tell me?"

I tried to look nonchalant and  unaffected by him as hard as I can, which is not the easiest task right now with his irritatingly beautiful gray eyes, his perfect nose and his full lips, Oh my gosh! Did I just think about his lips?, all inches away from mine. I had to swallow hard before I finally manage to look and hide my blush. Heavens! Why is this boy sending butterflies to my stomach?

I silently chanted he'd also pull away but to my disappointment, he leaned further, his lips on my ear, which might also be blushing right now. "Now I see which side is winning. I'm glad."

I instantly felt my skin shiver from the close contact and I feel like hyperventilating. Stupid me! Why am I being so flustered? James laughed and pulled away. I sighed in relief as he's finally done torturing me but then he's not. He grabbed both of my hands pulling me upright.

"What are you doing?" I asked in alarm.

"You're looking all red, babe. You need to cool down." He smiled, mischief playing in his eyes.

"No, I'm not!" I denied, making me cheeks feel hotter. "Let go of me."

"Not a chance." He laughed. And in one swift movement, my feet weren't touching the ground anymore as I hanging on James' shoulder.

"James Aarons! Put me down this instant!" I demanded. From what I can see in my awkward position, we are heading towards the water. "No, no, no! Not the water!"

But it's too late. James had already plunged us both into the cold water and my hands automatically wrapped around his neck when he released me. If there was one thing I do worst, it was swimming. I felt James' hands on my waist as he also held me.

"You're suffocating me, Meg." James laughed as our heads came above the water. My hands were still around his neck and there is no way I am letting go no matter how much I hate this jerk right now.

"That's because I can't swim, you dork!" I said as forcefully as I can. Right now, I'm cold, irritated, scared, and had to annoyingly stick to James for dear life.

James laughed and held my waist tighter. "Good thing for me, huh?"

I held his neck tighter, making him cough. He let go of my waist and I instantly shriek and loosen my grip on his neck. He laughed again and took my waist. "Easy, babe. I'm not gonna let you drown, you know."

"Shut up! You got me wet! I cannot believe you!"

"You still look pretty being wet and all." He chuckled.

"I do not look pretty. And that's not the point. Get me out of here!"

"Why? I thought you wanted to go to the beach? That includes swimming, right? And I beg your pardon. You are pretty."

James think that I'm pretty? But that's the least of my concerns now so I ignore that comment. "I do like the beach. But I don't like being deep in the water because clearly, I can't swim! Now, will you stop embarrassing me and just get me out of here?" I said through gritted teeth.

He frowned, confused. "What are you embarrassed about? Are you embarrassed by being seen with me?"

"No!" I quickly and forcefully replied. I wonder why it suddenly made me worried that he thinks I'm embarrassed to be seen with him. "That's not it. It's just...it's embarrassing that I can't swim."

He sighed and smiled softly. "That's not embarrassing, Megan. I don't understand why you'd think it is." And as I was starting to feel soft on him, he smiled his arrogant smile. "Besides, gives me more opportunities to save you, right?"

I groaned slapped his back. "Just get me on the shore, James!"

"Why don't you just relax? Because clearly, you are about to break my neck." 

"Then just bring me to the shore!"

"Not until you relax."

"I can't relax! I will drown."

He shook his head and smile. "You will not drown. I won't let you drown. Even though how much I like having you wrap your arms around my neck, you have to loosen them."

Instead of doing as he said, I only held tighter. "I'm scared."

"I need you to trust me. Do you trust me?"

"Dunno." I muttered.

He sighed and I felt a little guilty. "Okay fine, maybe a little."

"Then can you loosen just about how much you trust?" He suggested.

I loosened very little I barely moved my arms. 

"Wow, thanks!" He said sarcastically and a little hurt.

I giggled. Heavens! Did I just giggle? This time, I loosened a little bit more.

"That's good. Now, a little more." His voice was warm against my ear. I found my arms loosen up more.

"Great, Meg. Now, I'm gonna let go of you and take your hand, okay?"

"No!" My tight grip returned. "I'm gonna drown."

"No, you are not." His voice was patient and I was happy for it. "I promise not to let you. I'll hold your hand instead and lead you to the shore. Okay?"

I swallowed and thought about it. Do I trust James Arrons? No. Okay, again, do you trust this guy? Yes. Little by little I slowly loosened my grip again and felt James slowly remove his hands from my wait and come up to my hands.

He slowly and carefully pulled my stiff hands from his reddening neck and the instant I pulled my force away I immediately submerged deep into the dark water. But as quickly as I did, James hands were once again holding me and pulling me out of the water.

"Relax. Just relax your body, okay?" He whispered on my ear.

I found my self nodding and his hands once again left me. I closed my eyes and relaxed inhaling and exhaling and focusing on James' hands holding mine. His hands were huge and warm. And they  give me this feeling of security. Strong and warm and safe. Something that made me feel good and relaxed. The moment I realized it, my feel were already feeling the smooth sand of the beach. I opened my eyes and found James smiling confidently at me. We were still in the water but fortunately, I can stand now with my head above the water. 

When James saw that I was already good and not freaking out about drowning, he let go of hands and I immediately felt disappointed about the loss of his warmth on my hands. He didn't fail to see that.

He grinned confidently at me. "You liked it that much huh?"

I felt my blood rush to my face again and I looked away to hide it. Now I'm feeling embarrassed because what he said was true. When I didn't say anything to brush him off, his smug smile fell. He stared at me and cleared his throat. I'm not sure if I saw it right but I think I saw his face turn a little red before he grabbed my hand underwater and led me back to our little picnic area.

"Be right back." He ran towards the refreshment stand and I wrapped my arms around my body trying to feel warm. I cannot understand why I suddenly feel conscious around James and what on earth I was thinking when I got disappointed when he let go of my hand. Worst of all, I cannot understand why I keep on blushing when I think of him. I must be crazy.

When James came back, he was holding two towels. He wrapped one around me before wrapping the other one on himself. "Thanks."

He replied, not really looking at me. "Sure."

We sat down for a few moments of awkward silence before James made fun of a couple running idiotically around the beach and we both burst out laughing.

~~~~~

The ride home was fine. We talked about some stuff, most of them about James being his arrogant  self. And for the first time, I actually enjoyed spending the day with James.

When we arrived at my house he cut off the engine and walked around the car to open my door for me.

"Thanks." I smiled.

He walked me to my front door and we stood there for a couple of awkward minutes before I finally broke it. "Well, uh, thanks for today."

"Sorry, I had you skip class." He said sincerely.

I surprisingly have already forgotten about that. I simply shrugged. "It's okay. The trip to the beach was better than to sit in Mr. Baker's boring history class."

He laughed and shook his head. "I never thought I'd hear that from you, Megan Fields."

I raised an eyebrow at him, smiling. "What?! Have you always thought that I liked all of my classes?"

"Probably."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Well, I don't. I also find a subject or two boring that I sometimes find myself tempted to skip class."

"Well, if you ever find yourself tempted to skip again, you know where to find me." He winked at me and turned around to walk back to his car.

"Hey, James!" I called.

He turned back to me surprised I called him. "Yeah?"

I smiled. "Thanks for today. I actually had a lot of fun. You're actually tuned out to be a pretty decent guy." I teased.

He laughed. "You're welcome. And you're about to see more of it, Megan Fields." This time, he walked back to his car without looking back and disappeared from our street.

Once inside my room, I plop down my bed and my mind instantly wanders off to James and the time we spent at the beach. I threw a pillow over my face trying to block all images of him. Unfortunately, the pillow isn't a very good shield.

This is ridiculous. And bad. Very, very, very bad. I need to shoo off these butterflies I feel in my stomach each time I think of James Aarons. This is not a good road that I'm walking on. I'm about to step on a land mine. The James Aarons land mine. And with the way I feel my blood rush to my face and with this emptiness I feel in my hands longing for a certain warmth, I think that I am about to feel something very dangerous. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 11.2K 40
Kierra Rogers is a shy, smart student who stays out of the spotlight. She also has a secret and a past that still effects her. Jordan Williams is the...
3.5K 5 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...
57 1 11
Josie is just turning 17 she's a fresh faced junior who had always been a part of the UIL school play. This year however is different... Jake the mos...
1.5M 39K 39
"Why her? She isn't exactly my type Troy." I said, studying the girl. "Because she looks like a virgin. Are you going to take the bet or not?" He as...