Dear Artina || Keith Powers

By DionnaAmbrosia

"Dear Artina #28, I think you're lovely, lucky, and lavishing- pursed smile and all. I'm too shy... More

Love Letter #1
Love Letter #2
Love Letter #3
Love Letter #4
Love Letter #5
Love Letter #6
Love Letter #7
Love Letter #8
Love Letter #10
YouTube Channel 📹✨!

Love Letter #9

567 40 12
By DionnaAmbrosia

two weeks later...

Artina stared at him. She's so mesmerized by him and it made her heart skip a beat.

Her face tingled as she licked her lips when Israel presented his project in front of the class. He seemed serious-- face relaxed, lips firm in between his talks, and brown eyes gazing. Everything about him intrigued her simple mind.

When he finished, everybody applauded his work since it is the best one yet. He took his seat next to Artina and gave her a quick grin.

Artina gave him a cheeky smile as she leaned towards him to give his face a kiss, but he quickly moved away causing her to frown.

"Are you ok-"

"I'm straight." He interrupted as he took out his notebook.

She gulped, "So did you still want to go out to eat?" She muttered messing with her sweater.

Israel sighed feeling the situation getting the best of him. He blinked at the blank paper in his notebook whilst tapping the pencil against the desk.

Seeing his jaw clench, Artina touched his shoulder, "Baby?"

"Yeah we can." He replied, "How about right now?"

"School literally just started."

Israel ran his hand through his mini afro. He felt unsettled and didn't want to stay another second in this school.

He began to pack up his things and left the classroom.

His legs took long, rushed strides to get to the entrance of the building ready to jump in his car and go.

Artina picked up her scattered paper work and went to go after him while shouting his name.

"Wait!" She breathed out as she barged out the front doors.

Her chest heaved as she looked left and right to find him, only for Israel to be gone.

Adjusting her messy papers, she tried to balance her things with the help of her thigh. Feeling her eyes stinging with tears, she began to assume that she did something wrong-- probably begging him about going out to eat today.

But when that Mercedes pulled up to the curb, relief came over her.

Israel got out the car and went to open the door for Artina. She said a small thanks and got in the vehicle.

Once he got in, he leaned over and placed a tender kiss on her cheek, "I'm sorry, love."

She showed off a weird smile because of how awkward she felt at the moment, yet let out a giggle.

"I didn't mean to diss you like that. I just got a lot of shit on my mind right now."

Artina raised an eyebrow, "Like what?"

Israel started up his car as he put on his seatbelt, "Family issues."

"Everything was fine at the house-"

"No. No, it's... it's..."

"It's what, Is? You can tell me."

"I can't."

Artina kept quiet because she didn't want to force him to say anything he didn't want to share. And he noticed that. He was thankful for that.

He drove to iHOP knowing that is one of Artina favorite places to eat at.

"Israel?"

He looked over at her, "What's up?" he said as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Why do we always go to my favorite places? What about you?" She questioned.

"So... you don't want to be here?"

Artina groaned whilst rolling her eyes, "That didn't answer my question. Don't you want to eat your places for once? Do you even have any?"

"I like anything and everything. I don't have a favorite, so I'm unlimited." He winked at her, "Get out the car."

She bashfully blushed as she got out and closed the door. Israel opened the front door for Artina and they walked inside. The smell of pancakes filled her nose as she shivered at the feeling of Israel's arm wrapping around her shoulders.

The hostess came up to them, "Table for two?"

"Yes ma'am."

She smiled at them and walked them over to a good booth next to a window with a good view, "You guys enjoy."

"Thank you." Artina said to her and looked at the menu, "Baby, I want something different this time."

So beautiful, he thought to himself as she rambled about what was on the menu. His feelings have not changed one bit since they got together. Instead it intensified and it seemed to motivate him.

To protect her, to love her as much as he can, and to make sure she never has to be hurt again.

She's nothing but a delicate flower that he likes to hold in his hands. One that is so pure and timid. So smooth, so plush-- he adored her.

"Stop staring at me and look at the food."

Israel chuckled as he flipped the page, "Alright. What are you getting?"

"I really want French toast with strawberries on top, a side of potatoes, and bacon."

"And for your drink?"

"Vanilla ice coffee."

"You gone be shitty."

Artina kicked him under the table as she laughed. She hated it when he made her laugh like a dork in public places, yet she did anyway because it was unstoppable.

The waiter came and took their order, as well as the menus. Artina went through her phone to post a picture of Israel on her Instagram only to get instant likes and a couple comments.

Israel took out his phone to see that Artina had posted a new picture. He opened the notification and saw a picture of him looking in her direction, "The fuck?" He cheesed.

"Didn't even notice, huh?"

"Nah." He liked the photo and commented a kissing emoji.

They sat in silence for a few minutes and Artina pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. Israel had his hands intertwined and body forward against the table. His tongue gazed upon his lips as he glowered at her.

She bit the inside of her cheek, "What's wrong?"

"My father is back."

Her eyes slightly widened, "Huh?"

She never heard him talk about his father, so she never knew where or who he was. Assuming he was dead or in the Army, or some type of branch.

"Is that good?"

Israel shooed her off, "Hell nah. Shit has me stressed, man." He sat back against the seat, "I'm fucking stressed."

His facial expression rapidly changed and it started to worry her. His eyes became glossy and his throat gave a hard swallow when he looked away from the beautiful girl in front of him. Israel sniffed just thinking about what would happen if he stepped into that house.

Especially with Artina by his side.

"I don't know what to do." Israel whispered and stared at the table, "I can't just walk in there without lashing out... I- I almost-" He held the bridge of his nose.

"Israel calm down. Please, baby."

"I almost killed him." He mumbled lowly as he rubbed his wrists, "And I'm scared that he's only there to get a rise out of me again to throw me back."

"Back? Back where?"

He glared up at her then back down. Artina caressed her arms never having the thought of Israel being locked up.

"Israel it's okay, don't pay attention to him. Just follow me upstairs to the room and we'll lock the door."

Artina didn't want him to cause any harm to anyone, not even himself.

Why is she so understanding and calm about this shit? Israel looked at her as if she was blatantly crazy.

"I actually went through it myself." She gave a small laugh, soon furrowing her eyebrows, "But that's a story for later."

"Let's talk about it at the park after we eat."

"I would love that."

. . .

DAMN IT'S BEEN 3 MONTHS!

This semester is really ass kicking, but I'm getting through it. This weekend I will uploading like crazy (if I finish my homework).

What do you think will happen next chapter?

Do y'all miss them? Because I sure do!

Please vote and comment, as well as share the book if you can! I love you guys so much ❤️👻!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 2.9K 82
He straightens his posture, his tone is even, voice calm and his eyes soften. "If," he raises a finger at me, slows his speech slightly and enunciate...
812 16 9
She-- is engaged to be married. He-- is a handsome British bachelor. They live worlds apart, but their souls are drawn together despite all obstacles...
1.4K 91 34
Nate was tired of her husband who doesn't care about her and ignored her presence. She found solace in a man at her new workplace. She hesitated when...
14.1M 369K 22
WARNING!!! MATURE content inside for 18 years old and above! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this sto...