Reputations | E.D

By anayax1

"So friends with benefits?" he asked with a devilish smirk plasters on his face. "Whatever you want to call i... More

P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
Q&A
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - F O U R
E P I L O U G E
E N D
S E Q U E L
hi

T W E N T Y - T H R E E

2.9K 71 38
By anayax1

A couple days later...

Ethan's P.O.V

Plopping lazily on my bed, I scrolled through my phone with nothing to do.

It was Saturday night and I didn't intend on going anywhere for I didn't feel like it and definitely wasn't in the mood for anything.

My bedroom door soon flew open making me avert my gaze to it as Grayson appears in the doorway fixing the collar of his shirt.

"Is it alright?" He asked displaying his outfit for me as I nodded silently letting him know it was decent enough.

"You going?" He asked after seconds of silence making me shake my head in return. "No, I don't feel like it."

"Ethan not going to a party? Now that's a surprise" he huffed jokingly making me chuckle slightly in return "shut up"

He stopped in his tracks sighing not daring to remove his burning gaze off me. "It's because of her isn't it?"

I instantly groan in annoyance at the mention of her name as I didn't want to be reminded of her at the moment.

She's been constantly occupying my thoughts making me frustrated with that way things have been lately

"No Grayson, it's not" I sighed "and it's much preferable if you don't remind me of her every fucking second."

He tugged on his hair lowering his gaze at the carpeted floor before approaching my bed slowly sitting at the end of it. "Listen, I think you should go talk to her and try to fix things."

Immediately I shook my head to repeatedly not being very fond of the idea, "it's not that easy."

"But it is, you two obviously love each other but you're too stubborn to do anything," his tone was very soft as he gave me a pleading look wanting this to work out.

"I just...I don't know," I paused before continuing "I don't know how to confront her. I've never been good with love and you know that."

He nodded understanding "Take a chance, you never know what could happen," and with that, he stood up wanting to exit the room.

"I'll think about it," I blurted out stopping him as he turned around displaying a half smile somehow satisfied.

Maybe I should man up for tonight, tell her how I truly feel instead of keeping this ignoring game going on.

I can't keep denying my feelings anymore. Sooner or later she should know, and maybe sooner is better as I don't want to lose her to anyone.

Kayla's P.O.V

  Looking at the full body mirror, I was extremely satisfied with my outfit choice picked for tonight.

I originally didn't feel like going socializing and being around loud blaring music as drunken people danced carelessly and desperate assholes constantly tried to get in your pants for the night.

I just didn't have the energy anymore for all so that as my mind seem to be focusing on one thing constantly- Ethan.

  I didn't know if he's gonna be there tonight but all I knew is that I wasn't ready to come close to him.

Pushing the thoughts aside, I tried to distract myself not wanting to overthink stuff, especially when I'm supposed to be having fun.

-

Arriving at the party, the smell of alcohol and sweat instantly filled my senses as I realized how packed this place was and how many people actually went.

I pushed past a couple people trying my best to catch a glimpse of friends through the busy crowd.

I instantly texted Veronica letting her know I'm here after giving up on spotting her personally.

Setting myself near the bar, my eyes roamed across the room in search for the one and only face that I didn't wanna see tonight- his face.

But somehow I knew deep down, that I wanted to see that I needed to see him, even from afar as his presence made me feel safe and comfortable.

I'm just too much of a coward to let him know he himself, makes me feel this way. We're cowards running from the idea of love knowing so well that it already trapped us under its spell.

"Kayla at a party?"

My thoughts were interrupted by a very familiar voice as I turned back seeing Veronica standing with a somehow confused expression. "I thought you're done with them after you and Ethan-"

And before she continued I  instantly cut her off "Me and Ethan have nothing going on."

She raised her eyebrows crossing her arms as if she wasn't buying what I just told her.

But I was somehow speaking the truth. I mean me and him have nothing going on, at least not anymore.

Ethan's P.O.V

I groaned in annoyance as Grayson wouldn't stop texting me to come down to the party and of course me being stubborn I kept saying no.

Grayson: Get your ass over here, she's here

Ethan: I'm gonna mess it up bro

Grayson: No you won't. You have five minutes get here or else I'm coming to drag you, I swear Ethan

I sighed heavily rethinking my decisions. I guess I should go and stop acting like a pussy, it can't go so wrong after all.

Finally getting out of bed, I searched through my closet for a casual outfit as I already felt anxious just by the idea of facing her in a few.

"It's gonna go great," I tugged on my hair as I whispered to myself as a sort of pep talk to keep me going.

There's no backing up now. Grayson is right, we can't stay like this.

-

Arriving at the party, all eyes were on me as soon as I went through the door whispering to each other whatever they had to say privately about me. I could give two fucks though.

I came here for one person as I didn't bother greeting anyone. I just didn't wanna waste time.

My eyes scanned through the crowd as I saw Grayson standing near the bar with a bunch of our friends.

As soon as his eyes met mine, a grin appeared on his face satisfied with my last minute appearance, sending me a big thumbs up as I smiled at him grateful for his help.

After a couple minutes, I still wasn't able to catch her making me immediately go outside to the pool where it wasn't pact as it was inside- thinking that she probably might be there.

And I was right. She stood with her friends sending them smiles here and there as they had a conversation.

I said in my place just admiring how insanely gorgeous she looked in the moment alongside  her smile that brought my heart warmth. She was so beautiful.

Her gaze shifted from her friends to my figure as she noticed my company, instantly her smile dropping probably shocked by my sudden appearance.

I couldn't take it anymore, I forced myself to walk towards her direction getting closer and closer as my heart felt like it was gonna explode any minute.

Her friends sensed me before looking at each other wanting to leave us alone and give us space.

I stuffed my hands my jean pockets looking in their direction as I made sure they drifted off inside.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, her voice was gentle and soft making me surprised that she wasn't acting rudely.

We made eye contact as I felt fire igniting within me, our eyes automatically softening at each other's intimate gazes.

"I-"  I struggle to find the right words as no words came out and cowardliness captivated me.

She raised her eyebrows still waiting for a response for me as my gut instantly told me to back down and run.

I turned my back to her, my feet seemed to walk at a fast rate as I wanted to get out of here and out of this party immediately.

This probably wasn't a good idea.

As soon as I was out, I took a deep breath letting my arms hang at the back of my head feeling disappointed and angry at myself.

Approaching my car, I open the door wanting to get in and as if on cue, her angelic voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Wait!"

I kept my back to her as I shut my eyes tight shaking my head repeatedly.

"I love you," she breathed out ever so softly making me instantly turn around with a very shocked expression drawn on my face.

"Say that again," I whispered stepping closer to her as she bit her bottom lip lowering her gaze "I love you."

A very genuine smile unconsciously made its way to my face before I raised her chin up making me her look to at me.

"God I love you too, so fucking much"

"You're the girl for me, I know it. I always have and gosh nobody made me feel this way before and it scares me so-"

Before I had the chance to continue blurbing out to her, she cut me off by cupping my cheek catching me in a soft kiss as I didn't hesitate to kiss back with the same passion.

This kiss felt different, no lust evident just pure and raw emotion molding together into a heartwarming kiss.

This is where she belongs.

-

A/n

I LOVED THIS SO MUCH SO THANK YOU mdolxnn FOR WRITING THIS CHAPTER.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU ALL TO GO CHECK HER BOOK OUT AND FOLLOW HER.

SHE IS THE SWEETEST, NICEST, AND COOLEST PERSON EVER.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU

Also next chapter is the last one :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 1.4K 23
My boyfriend Grayson, Was sweet and kind, Funny and cute, But, He had anger issues. There were good things about it, Then there were bad things about...
6.1K 128 27
She was happy she had everything she could want.she had friends, her best friend that she secretly like.but once she started high school everything c...
133K 2K 27
you and grayson/ethan are getting married! [he's like 20 something]
1K 146 20
How life would be if you and Ethan were currently together. +Plus Some scandals. +Good Bonds