I don't want to remember (Gum...

By Dreadful-Writer

Gumball is having nightmares about his past, and Marshall knows what's going on. There's secrets in their pas... More

I don't want to remember (Gumlee fanfiction)
Confessions...
Friends again!
The sleepover:
Are you straight, or what?
Now what?
The "accident"
Waking up or going to sleep?
If you love him, let him go...
Awake after all
I don't want to remember it...
Going home. (Smut, by RachelSmith255)
The attacker...
It's still not okay...
This can't be it...
Why? (SAD END)
I need all of you (HAPPY END)
Christmas special :D

I don't need revenge, I need you here...

1.4K 44 10
By Dreadful-Writer

I've gone a little crazy and want to update twice in the same day! I just love what's happening in the story so much I want to continue it already XD I really hope you like these few chapters as much as I do XD I just love the ideas I get for it XD :D And really thank you to all of you reading, voting and commenting like Gumlee777, It'sPiper and RachelSmith255 (Sorry if you're not included, but thank you as well :3)

The blackness surrounded me, and I was sort of floating...A therapeutic sort of nothingness. Am I dead? I don't know, I hope not. God it'll hurt to wake up, and so I'll stay here a while...I hope Marshall doesn't worry, and I hope somebody put me into a hospital. I don't want to be dead, Marshall would be pretty sad I guess. I shouldn't be ruining the nothingness with thoughts again. At first I was so scared but now it's just peaceful, and occasionally I hear voices of people...The people where I am I guess, and so it'd make sense that I'm in hospital now. I heard somebody call my name once, and I think it was Marshall. I hope he's not worried about me. Someone else got really angry, like so anrgy about this, and then again that could be him too...I must stop thinking. I just need to listen to the people and relax.

*****************************************************

I'd fallen asleep next to his bed, still holding his hand. The nurse was shaking me gently.

"Sir, please get up, visiting hours are over...I mean they were over a long time ago and if the doctor comes in I'll be in big trouble..." She said nervously,

I nodded still drowsy, dragging myself up off the chair and letting go of his hand. I slumped home unbothered. I'd been thinking, right, why would anybody want to hurt Gumball? And I figured it out, what if some stupid homophobe figured out he was gay? That's a large possibility, and then again if that's so, why did they target him and not me? I fell onto my bed and sighed. It's my fault. It's all my fault. I helped him figure out he's gay, if I hadn't he could've gone a while longer in the closet. When I found him, he was obviously on the way to my house, I shouldn't have left him alone. He's so fragile and innocent. I can't even believe this...because what do I do if he never wakes up? It'll all be my fault. I covered my face with my hands, trying to breathe at a steady pace. I sat up straight. Oh my gosh. I never even told Fionna, she's not going to be awake now, but I have to try.

***************************************************

Me and Cake were watching something on BMO when there was a knock at the door. BMO jumped up off the table, running around singing "Knock knock" over and over. Cake ran over to the door, but once she'd opened it she backed away slightly hissing. Must be Marshall.

"Hiya!" I shouted at him,

He looked so sad, I couldn't tell why but I knew he was.

"Marshall? What is it?" I asked,

"I...I...I need to tell you something..." He whispered,

 "Okay, are you okay? Come in, sit down."

He fell onto the sofa carelessly and I sat down next to him.

"Marshall really, what is it? You're starting to scare me..." I said getting worried,

He held my hand and started talking "For some reason, somebody decided to attack Gumball..." He took a deep breath "And when I found him and took him to hospital there wasn't much they could do for him..."

"Oh god."

"No, no...He's not dead, but he's gone into a comatose state or something...Basically he's asleep and they don't know when he'll wake up...Or...Or..."

"Or if he will." Cake finished for him,

I sat back and said nothing.

***********************************************

She looked completely broken, like she didn't even know what to do. I think that's what I looked like before I started getting angry. I put my other hand on her shoulder and used the other to hold hers. Cake came and sat down next to her, putting her head in Fionna's lap.

BMO climbed up on the table and asked "Gumball okay?"

It hurt so much, but I shook my head. I was holding back the tears but Fionna let rip, she sobbed for what seemed like hours while I sat there in silence.

"Can...Can I go see him?" She stuttered through sobs,

I shook my head "Not tonight, I had to leave, but you can come with me when I go early tomorrow if you want?"

She nodded and put her head on my shoulder "You guys weren't really friends last time I checked, what happened?"

"A lot. A lot, a lot." I whispered,

I managed to fall asleep there, and I dreamt of Gumball. He was laughing and happy, awake and living. I almost forgot that he wasn't any of those things anymore when I woke up.

All four of us walked to the hospital in the morning. BMO wanted to see him too and Cake for once didn't even seem bothered by me. When we got there the same nurse as yesterday greeted us.

"I hope you got some sleep, or you'll be exhausted." She said leading us to his room,

I almost laughed to myself, 1) I'm a vampire, 2) I think Gumball's getting enough sleep for all of us. He hadn't changed from yesterday, still pale, still looking dead. They pulled in two more chairs and we put BMO on his bed.

"The good news is that his vitals are strong, and getting better all the time, he is healing inside and outside wounds remarkably fast..." She smiled at us,

"And what's the bad news?" I asked leaning over Gumball, gripping his hand tightly,

"...But, his brain activity is very low, there's been a few spikes here and there but generally very low..." We all looked at her blankly and she sighed "I'm so sorry, but this suggests that he isn't likely to wake up anytime soon..."

"When then?"

"There's a possibility he could wake up, and it could take years even, but there's also a chance that he wont wake up."

When we all looked at her shocked she shrugged "I am trying to be straight with you. You're all really nice kids, and Gumball was a great prince-"

"Is." I cut in,

"What?" She asked,

"You meant he is a good prince, he's not dead yet so don't give up on him! You give it 110% all the time! He will wake up! He will I know it!" I shouted standing up,

"Sir please don't shout again." She pleaded,

I fell back into the chair and covered my face "Just please don't give up on him...Don't let him give up...He'd never leave me, I swear so he will wake up..." I sobbed into my hands,

I felt her hand on my shoulder "I'm so sorry for you, you must've-I mean must be very close to him...For your sake, I hope he does wake up." And then she left,

I sat there just crying and no-one spoke.

"Marshall, what happened between you two? You have to tell me." Fionna asked,

I looked up and smiled at her wiping the tears away "We spent some time together and we got close again...When we were kids we were best friends and for a secret reason we couldn't be anymore...I left town and when I got back we didn't seem to get along, I couldn't face him with what I knew and so we stopped talking...We grew to hate each other...But the other day when we were all going to hang out together and I ran off and he followed me...Well...It all started there."

"What started?"

"Us." Once I'd said it I realised how it sounded "I mean being friends again."

"Marshall, seriously. You're gay as and so's he."

"Shut up." I laughed,

"So...When he got attacked what was he doing?"

I stopped laughing "I think he was on his way to my house to talk to me..."

"It's not your fault." Cake said,

"It is...It's all my fault..." I felt myself start to tear up again and shut my eyes,

"No it's not, you're going to blame yourself, but that's not what Gumball needs or wants you to do...Understand this, he doesn't want revenge in the way you do, he just wants justice when he wakes up, he doesn't need you running off to find a way to hurt those who hurt him, he needs you here."

"What?"

"He needs you by his side, holding his hand, talking to him even if he can't hear. He needs you to bring him home..."

"Cake I...I will stay by his side, but it was my fault-Even IS my fault...When he wakes up and I know who it is I'll get a justice of my own because it might not be what he needs, but it's what I need..."

"Fine, but right now we're all here for him. So we can do something to talk to him, or pray or whatever as long as it surrounds Gumball."

"Gumball, you're a real cool dude and I want you to wake up so you can play games with me again!" BMO said jumping up and down,

"Yeah, we want you to wake up so that we can all play games together, and we can have our weekly walk in the woods...Maybe one time we can even go build snowmen in the Ice Kingdom for fun" Fionna added,

"We could all have a sleepover, and it'd be so fun for everybody...But you have to wake up Gumball, you have to wake up." Cake said,

"Can you all leave for a minute?" I asked them,

"Sure" Cake ushered them out and shut the doors,

I took a deep breath and picked up his hand, cold and lifeless but still his hand.

"Please wake up. Wake up for me if no-one else...You're not done here and I need you, you know how much I love you and need you here. They don't understand and probably never will but you do...You're the only person I need and for a long time you've been the only person I couldn't have, but as soon as you're mine you try and leave...Just wake up please...Wake up...Wake...up..."

The others came back in and sat down, they spent a long time talking to Gumball but I just sat there holding his hand.

I hope you like it XD I'm a little repetitive with some phrases which I hate but otherwise I enjoyed writing it XD I really like this part of the story and I have two possible endings XD I love this story and I don't want to end it anytime soon XD Leave a vote if you enjoyed and a comment to help me make this better :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5.1K 12
Marshall and Gumball discover new things about themselves and each other. This is an Alternate Universe (Earth) fanfiction of Marshall Lee and Prince...
2.7K 65 7
The moral of this story is in fact the title. Be careful what you wish for. Marshall ends up getting his greatest desire back: Gumball. But desires a...
5.9K 179 11
When suddenly being forced into fatherhood at the young age of 17, Marshall Lee's life certainly gets flipped upside down. When everyone leaves him b...
354K 12.4K 101
Here's just a cute (and sexy ;) ) story of Marshy and bubba! We are working on the details and trying to escalate a cute relationship. Please suppor...