Zih'aira

By PrettyTea

Meet 19 year old Zih'aira (Zy-air-a) King. Abondoned by the one she loved and left to raise a child on her ow... More

Zih'aira
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilouge
Seqeul ?

Chapter 5

19.4K 489 17
By PrettyTea

A/n : Sorry guys for the wait. Authors block. I really was a little stuck about the "talk" with Montana and Zih's dad, so that's going to be m.i.a . Enjoy :)

I sat on the couch, I can't believe its actually been over a hour and they still wasn't done. As soon as I picked up the remote to turn off the television, I heard my dad and Montana laughing, walking thru the kitchen towards me. I stood up.

"So how did it go?"

I smiled, knowing they hit it off, even though they both had this nonchalant looks plastered across their faces. They both just shook their heads, letting me know I'll get the scoop later.

"Where's Zhair?"

My dad asked.

"Oh, he's sleep. He made a big mess !"

Before my dad or Montana could ask what type of mess, Karen was walking thru the door. She hugged me, kissed my dad, and stared at Montana.

"Uhm, who might this handsome young man be?"

She asked, smiling my way.

"Karen this is Montana. Montana this is my mom."

I told them, taking his hand in mine.

Montana held out his hand for her to shake, but she pulled him into a hug.

"You must be something special for Zih to bring you to meet the Grinch."

She joked. Montana just smiled

"Any who, is my King upstairs?"

"Yeah, he's upstairs sleeping. And your going to have to buy another jar of honey. Your King called himself being a big boy and thought he could get his own apple juice and tried to drink it."

They all laughed.

"So. He's ok. But you do know he's staying the night. Its Taco Night!"

She smiled.

"Your such a sucker. I bet he thinks of these crazy nights and things to do and you go right along with them."

She gave a guilty smile.

"She do."

My dad said, before Karen lightly elbowed him.

"You can't talk. He really has you wrapped around his little finger."

Karen said to my dad.

Me and Montana just laughed.

"Well since I have a sitter, were free to go."

I said to Montana, but smiling at my parents.

"Guess so."

Karen smiled.

"Ok. See you guys later."

I kissed both of their cheeks.

"Bye Mr. and Mrs. King. It was nice meeting you all."

Montana said, while they walked us to the Foyer.

"Nice meeting you too."

The said in unison.

"Ok, call me if he wakes up crying and want me. And I'll be back tomorrow evening after work."

I told them while waking out the door.

"Bye Zih'aira."

Karen screamed before closing the door.

"Your still up for the carnival?"

Montana asked, still laughing at the way Karen kicked us out.

"Sure. But I have to drive my car back home then we can go."

"Ok. Let's go."

_______________________________

"Wow! I can't believe you hit that man in the nuts with the ball."

"It was a mistake. I didn't do it on purpose!"

We laughed.

At the Tank Dunk, I thru the ball, trying to hit the target, but missed something awful and ended up hitting the man standing extremely close in the balls.

"It isn't funny."

"Yes it is. The look on his face was priceless."

He said before feeding me Cotton Candy.

"Whatever. You won me 3 stuffed animals."

I smiled, and kissed him.

"Girl you better stop giving me these kisses before I have to take something."

He said, with this devilish grin .

"Stop it."

I smacked his chest.

He giggled before I took off running. I slowed down when I slightly twisted my ankle. Damn, I should've known better to run in heels, in the grass at that.

"You ok?"

He smiled.

"Stop laughing. My ankle hurts."

"You wanted to play. C'mon."

He said before picking me up. Bridal style.

_____________________________

"I enjoyed myself. Thanks."

"No problem baby."

He said, before sitting on the Ottoman.

"Do you want anything to drink?"

I asked, walking towards the kitchen.

"What you got?"

He yelled.

"Lemonade, a couple Coolers , Patron , Moscoto , Pink Moscoto , Sunny D , Pepsi and a few more."

I yelled back.

"I'll take the Patron."

I grabbed 3 glasses and filled one with ice.

I sat across from him and poured our drinks.

"Aren't you to young to be keeping this in your house."

"Hush. What's on your agenda tomorrow?"

I asked making small talk.

"You know, business like usual. What time do you get off work?"

"Uhm, 5."

"Cool."

We sat , chilled , and talked for about 2 hour. 3 cups for me , and the rest of the bottle for him , later . I was ready to call it a night. Good thing I didn't have to be in until 10:00am and not bright and early like normal.

"Dance with me?"

He asked me, while standing up and taking my hand.

"There's no music."

"Don't worry, we can make our own."

I knew it was more meaning to that.

Minutes into our dancing, he paused. We stared into eachother eyes for what seemed like forever before our lips met .

After realizing what was happening I quickly pulled away, and instantly sobered myself.

"What's wrong?"

He asked me, still holding my hips.

"I'm not ready for that. Montana, were moving extremely too fast. I like you, I like you a lot but can we please just slow it down?"

He sat down and pulled me onto his lap.

"Zih'aira, we might not be in love yet, but I love you. I've never caught feelings, deep feelings for any woman I ran across. I love the person you are, the mother you are, the daughter and friend. I love the way you handle yours and carry yourself. Its not to many females who's barely 20, with a kid, doing it alone, and who's making it. I love your style, your charisma, even the way you look when you wake up in the morning. I know were moving fast but I can't help it. I go after things I want, and I know were not old but were not getting any younger. I've had my share of boof relationships, but I know with you, we can build something meaningful. I'm not running game but I know your real."

I stared at him for a minute. Was he serious or was it the Patron?

I quickly dismissed everything. Refusing to get my feelings involved until I knew things were 100%.

I turned on the television, turned off the lights, went and changed into something comfortable, tied my hair up, and returned. We cuddled on the couch watching "Love Jones" until we both dozed off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 307 14
Cordelia, a 19 year old in New York focused on survival, work and keeping her brother safe gets steered off course abruptly by a mystery man who she...
31.7K 560 77
When 18 Year Old Faith Obbesesed With Diversity got a Special Ticket for a Free 1 month lesson with diversity, she starts to fall in love with one of...
59.8K 1.8K 20
Zi'aire is one of the best hair stylists in her hood . She's been taking care of herself since they released her from the foster home at age 18 . It'...
157K 8.6K 32
Xiao Zhan A College Student Fall In Love With His Neighbor Called Wang Yibo Who Is Much More Older Than Him. ______________________________________...