Chapter 22

Kartier ,

I slowly slid my body from under Zih's and placed KJ closer to her.

"Where are you going?"

Her lips spoke, catching me walk away quietly.

"I got a few errands to run ma."

I whispered, not trying to wake up our son.

"Errands where?"

She asked, sitting up and pulling KJ closer to her.

"C'mon ma. You know I don't discuss business with you on that level."

She rolled her green eyes and sucked her teeth.

"What the fuck ever Kartier. Gone head and get yourself killed if you want!"

She hissed, standing up to take KJ upstairs to lay him down.

I sat on the coach and awaited her return. She knows it's nothing like that. I just choose to keep my family and business separate. The less she know, the better. Yeah Zih got this whole "rider" thing going on but I'll never let her get involved in the life. Her or Kartion for that matter. If the FEDS come looking for me, she has nothing to tell them. Not that she would anyways but because she honestly don't know anything. Only thing I allow her to do is count. And that's rare.

"So are you ready to let me in on where your going?"

She asked, standing in front of me.

"Nope."

I smiled pulling her into my lap and kissing her lips.

"Zih, we already talked about this ma. The two are and will always remain separate. Just let it go. All you need to know is that later on tonight, I'll be climbing in that bed of ours wanting to make love to my babymama!"

I laughed, and she punched me lightly in the shoulder.

"I just worry about you. A lot since the shooting. I hate not knowing. That's has to be one of the worst feelings in the world."

"Zih, I don't need you out here worrying about me. Im gone be good ma. I promise. When you worry it's hard for me to focus on the task at hand. Baby just chill and things will be alright."

"Karti, you cant promise me that you'll be ok. Your not GOD!"

She stressed.

I wiped her single tear and kissed the little damp trail it left.

"I promise I'll be careful. I love you Zih and I don't plan to leave you or little man anytime soon. Be strong baby."

"I love you too."

She wispered .

________________________________

Zih ,

After Karti left , I prepared me a Ceasar Salad and a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwhich for when Kartion awakes . After eating I took a quick shower and changed out of my work clothes.

"Hey baby."

I heard a voice yell behind me.

"Hey ma.'

I greeted Karen with a kiss on the cheek.

"Wheres that's son of mine?"

She asked.

"Who knows. He's always on the move. Aint no telling."

I replied dryly.

She ignored it and asked where my father was.