What Could Have Been Part I:...

By Starwarzgirl

Face it. We've all thought about what would have happened if Anakin hadn't turned to the Dark Side. If the Em... More

REWRITE!
Fateful Decision
Nightmares
Promotion
Love Over Loyalty
Confessions
Master, Mentor, Friend
Trust
Freedom
Labour With Love
A New Family
Fatherhood
The Great Collapse
First Steps
Duty of the Past
Destiny's Path
Mother's Approval
Family Man
Aggressive Negotiations
The End

An Ally's Return

8.8K 252 35
By Starwarzgirl

Obi-wan removed his hood to reveal his face. It had only been a year since Anakin last saw his friend, yet his Master's features seemed to have aged rapidly. Strands of gray hair spread lightly through his beard and Obi-wan's tired eyes were bordered with faint wrinkles. But his smile told Anakin that his old mentor still lived behind the old face, "Hello Anakin."

    Anakin didn't hold Master Kenobi's gaze very long. This was his friend, but he was weary of the purpose of his visit. "What brings you to Naboo?" he asked, trying to sound casual. Obi-wan sighed, "I have to talk to you about something Anakin. Its about your son and daughter." Anakin felt his heart rate pick up, "How do you..." he hadn't told Obi-wan that Padme had twins. He didn't even know until they were born. Obi-wan crossed his arms, "Yes Anakin, I know about the second child. We all know." A shiver ran up Anakin's spine. Obi-wan took a step closer, "We felt a..." his voice trailed. "A disturbance in the Force," Anakin continued carefully. Obi-wan nodded again. "Remarkable energy flow, a powerful sense of midichlorians just radiating from their presence. The Force is strong with them," he said as if a compliment, "Just like their father."

    Anakin narrowed his eyes, "Master Obi-wan, I won't let you take my children," he stated bluntly. Obi-wan gave a look of reassurance to his former apprentice, "Anakin, we're not going to take them. Not by force."

    Anakin shook his head, "Please, just leave," He asked coldly. His old master kept moving closer, "Anakin, can we at least talk about this?"

   "No!" Anakin answered quickly. Obi-wan frowned, "I understand that you want to protect them Anakin, but please-" Anakin clenched his fists, "Leave my family alone!" he demanded harshly. Obi-wan gave a sympathetic gaze and was about to speak. But someone appeared in the entry of the hanger, "Anakin? What's going on?" Padme asked timidly. Anakin turned around; there stood Padme holding his two children in her arms. "Padme, go back inside," he instructed calmly. Padme hesitated, "Obi-wan? Is that you?" she stepped closer. "Padme," Anakin cautioned. Obi-wan waved slightly, "Hello Padme," He greeted. Anakin stepped over to his wife and took his son in his arms. Obi-wan took another step closer so that only a few feet separated him from the Skywalker family. "What are their names?" he asked. Anakin looked into Obi-wan's eyes, "Luke," he whispered, holding out his son for Obi-wan to hold. Obi-wan carefully took Luke in his arms. Anakin lifted Leia out of Padme's hands and kissed her nose, "My little Leia," he murmered happily. Obi-wan smiled down at Luke. The Force was definitely strong in both children, Anakin had known that. But he chose to ignore it. Now, he couldn't.

   Padme could sense her husband's unease and took back the babies. "I'll be inside Anakin," she whispered, and turned to leave.

   Anakin motioned Obi-wan to the gardens for a walk, "Would you like to join me for a walk?" he asked softly. Obi-wan nodded and followed, "Yes, we have a lot to talk about..." Anakin felt his stomach flip over. I have a bad feeling about this...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 1K 16
What if Padmé didn't die? Find out my version of a Star Wars Prequel AU when you read Anakin and His Angel: What Should Have Been. Disclaimer: I do n...
3K 58 14
What would the galaxy have been life if Anakin Skywalker never turned to the Dark Side? What events shaped the tragedy we came to know?
3.9K 48 4
Starkiller was an apprentice to darth vader, he would follow his commands without question, he would hunt jedi that survived the massacre and give in...
4.8K 96 19
Anakin Skywalker was on the brink of falling into darkness. In fact, he even called himself Darth Vader. But what would happen if he turned away from...