The Monarch ( Fated Series: B...

By steamyhot

After a barren mating that had lasted just shy of two years, Avery is hell bond on living a life away from po... More

The Monarch
Chapter 1 - Crossing pathways
Chapter 2 - Roomies
Chapter 3 - House rules
Chapter 4 - Timber and Wood
Chapter 5 - Fire and Ice
Chapter 6 - Lonely Hearts
Chapter 7 - Fight Club
Chapter 8 - Unexpected

Chapter 9 - Blood and Sweat

164K 7.1K 2K
By steamyhot

Chapter 9 – Blood and Sweat

Dedicated to @asterism for making me covers displayed on some of the chapters. Thanks!

***

Avery

"Kathryn!" Jon's voice was firm just like the hand he had wrapped around Avery pressing her into his side. It was not that he was too rough. In fact, Avery more than liked his possessiveness. The fight club was getting crowded, and shifters were certainly not shy where body contact was involved. Some were merely using elbows to move through the ocean of sweaty bodies while others were openly groping whatever caught their attention. There was also the matter of the suspicious characters leering from the darker corners of the club that made Avery appreciative of Jon's closeness.

Maybe he was not so out of bounds labeling fight clubs dangerous. She was immensely glad that he had decided to accompany her - not that she would ever tell him. There was no need to inflate his ego any further. There was also the "I told you so" lecture that she knew would follow, and she did not particularly look forward to it.

The need for a combat instructor for the pups outweighed any danger or discomfort that she could encounter. If she couldn't face it, then she did not deserve to be their Alpha. Her pack was all she had, and she would make damn sure that she succeeded for their sake.

The promise of danger would not stop her. What worried her was the way Jon tensed as his eyes landed on the young she-wolf, who kept avoiding his glare and purposefully looked anywhere but him. Not that Jon kept his eyes on her for longer than a moment. When his body went rigid against hers, Avery had looked at his face and immediately recognized his wondering eyes, darting from a shifter to shifter as if he was searching for someone or something.

"What are you doing here?" Jon asked coldly.

The pretty brunette, he earlier referred to as Kathryn, flinched at his tone.

"I need your help." Kathryn barely spoke above a whisper as she kept her eyes focused on the tips of her shoes. Avery had to admit that the heels she sported were darn sexy as was the little dress, Kathryn wore. Avery's outfit could barely pass the cut for club-wear. It was neither fashionable nor provocative. It was comfortable, practical and comprised of items she could wear on a casual day. There was no point investing in a dress for the occasion. Avery was not planning of ever coming back to this place once she had secured a proper combat instructor.

Avery's eyes finally moved from the thick braid that lied over the girl's shoulder to her face. She was young, probably in her late teens and very observant. She had patiently waited for Avery to complete her evaluation of her and then warmly smiled fixing her with those brown eyes, "Hi, I'm Kat. You are?"

Jon growled at the question and quickly snatched the brunette's elbow in his left hand keeping his right hand firmly placed over Avery's hip. Jon steered them towards a quieter corner of the club leaving no doubt that he wanted them to follow. Avery didn't mind complying with his request. In fact, she was quite curious to figure out what did the brunette mean to Jon. Obviously, they were acquainted. Could she be one of his previous flings?

Jon finally rammed his way into a "staff-only" room, scanned the room for unwanted ears, and finally released Kathryn's elbow. Avery noted with delight that he kept his hold on her hip.

"Goddess! Jon, that hurt!" Kathryn exclaimed and then openly glared at him.

Avery felt her shirt stretching over her chest, and her eyes shot at Jon's hand that was no longer lying on her hip, but fisting the cloth in his anger. He really didn't appreciate someone talking back at him.

"Good!" Jon spat at the teen. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

The brunette's eyes flashed with hurt at his harsh words, and her eyes trailed at Avery quickly landing on the way that Jon was twisting the material of Avery's shirt. She lowered her eyes assuming a much vulnerable position.

"Speak!" Jon demanded in a flat voice that sounded more commanding than any before. Leave it to Jon to try to establish his dominance in front of a teen! As if Kathryn would want to challenge a fully grown male! That was something that even Avery with her blood line would think twice of doing.

"We came to support Zoey's mate. He's fighting tonight." Kathryn explained and then hesitantly looked up at Jon. "But he can't do that now."

"I would worry less about your friends and more about your hide, if I were you. Joel will be livid when he hears about this!" Jon responded evenly.

"You are not calling him!" Kathryn raised her voice at Jon, only for him to arch an eyebrow at her. Kathryn quickly apologized, "I am sorry for shouting at you, all right?! But he can't be involved. Please?"

Avery had to admit that the teen managed to read Jon's mood remarkably well. He was set on dominating the conversation, and as Avery had learned from experience in instances like this, it was best to let him think he was in charge.

"Kathryn, he's already involved. He's your mate." Jon stated in a calm voice, void of any dominance. "Where are your guards?"

"Ditched them," Kathryn admitted, and Jon knit his brows. "But neither my guards nor Joel are important right now. I need your help. Zoey's pregnant!" Kathryn explained, looking at him expectedly.

"That's none of my business. However, you are! Pack your shit, we're taking you home!" Jon ruled.

"Jon!" Kathryn exclaimed.

"Watch it, pup! I might be your mate's best friend, but that doesn't mean I would not take offense!" Jon roared at her, his claws shifting and cutting through Avery's shirt. She slipped her hand over his fisted hand rubbing it to catch his attention. As his eyes landed on her hand, Jon relaxed his fist letting go of the crumbed material with additional holes.

"Shit, Avie. I'm sorry!" Jon apologized, then snarled at Kathryn, "Look what you made me do!"

"Jon," Avery's voice caused his blue eyes to snap back to her, "relax. It's all right."

"No, it's not all right!" Jon glared at her shirt.

Avery shook her head. Leave it to Jon to act like he did a great offense to her shirt. If he wanted to feel bad, she could point out previous occasions over their short acquaintanceship when an apology was truly needed.

"You have to help Zoey. I'll do whatever it takes! Please?" Kathryn pleaded her case.

"You'll go willingly."

"Yeah, and I promise to go easy on Joel." Kathryn said.

"Of course, we will try to help your friend." Avery decided to assure the she-wolf that all is going to be all right. Her distress was clear to everyone but Jon, who was still glaring at her. "We will take your friend to a hospital..."

"No!" Kathryn interrupted and then swiftly added before anyone had the chance to speak. "It's not that. Zoey's fine for now. There was a fight when Zoey brought her mate, Tom, on pack ground. Although he managed to defend himself and knock down three of our Enforcers, the Alpha didn't go easy on him. He demanded a fight so that Tom could prove his worth for the pack." Kathryn retold the story with a faraway look then cringed, eyes landing on Jon. "It was brutal. They are provisionally accepted."

"Conditionally accepted," Jon corrected her.

"Whatever. We all know that it is a way for the Alpha to cover his ass if Pack Law comes to investigate and still be able to kick them both out the moment he doesn't like how they look at him. They need the payout of the fight match tonight to start somewhere fresh."

"He'll learn how to keep his head low. They'll be fine." Jon dismissed the case.

"No, they won't. Tom hasn't recovered from the Alpha's beating. And if he did, the fights are exceptionally vicious tonight as the fighters are promised a ticket out. Apparently, there is a scout coming in to offer a clean slate for the winner!" Kathryn explained.

"What do you want from me?" Jon asked with annoyance.

"Fight in his place!" Kathryn laid out her plan.

***

Jonathan

"Fight in his place!" Kathryn laid out her plan. Before Jon could say something, she smiled encouraging to him, "Come on, it will be fun!"

"Kathryn, stop it!" Jon linked with her before he could stop himself. The Monarch could mind link with anyone in his domain regardless of the shifter's pack allegiance. The contact could only be initiated by him and lasted as long as he was actively participating.

A command issued over the link was considered a private scolding over a minor offense. Jon was trying to save Kathryn the public humiliation of chiding her in front of Avery. Her watery eyes and the hurt in her face had not gone unnoticed by his observant glare. If Jonathan had noticed it, he was sure that Joel, the Commander of the third battalion, had already felt it and most likely had already dispatched Pack Law to investigate.

"I am sure Avie here wouldn't mind seeing you shirtless!" Kathryn shot back, winking at Avery, who had not yet figured out they were mind-linking.

"Leave her out of this!"

"She'll jump your bones if she sees you fight. You want to seal the deal, don't you?"

"Kathryn!" Jon warned her not to go against his will.

Before Avery could figure out that they were mind-linking and feel unwanted, Jon decided to close the mind-link channel.

"If Joel can feel every time I scarred a knee, Zoey is bound to feel every single punch he takes. You are the only chance the pup has to make it through the night!" Kathryn moved in for the kill, unfazed to the change of communication method.

"That was low, Kathryn!" Jon growled at Kathryn.

"It was necessary. Time is of the essence!" Kat replied and quickly led the way to the locker rooms without so much as bothering to turn back to ensure he was following.

Jonathan growled.

***

Avery

The moment they entered into the locker room, Avery cringed in disgust. The air was stuffy and had the unmistakable metallic scent that could only come from blood. Lots of it. If that was not an indicator of the brutal nature of the fights, she scowled every time she had to purposefully avoid clotted blood and saturated gauzes that were scattered across the floor. Where her attention was predominantly focused on avoiding the obstacles in her path, Jon was obviously preoccupied with glaring at the shifters that were recuperating after their fights. For the most part of it, the fighters were minding their own business and only few heads lifted at the noise their steps created. Those were the instances when Jon's fingers pressed firmly into her side. The first couple of times it happened Avery had been more than willing to speed up her pace just like Kathryn had done and to dash through the bench rolls. But Jon's strong grip on her hip had kept their pace steady. Although Avery understood why he wanted to appear fearless in the face of a possible challenge, she felt exposed at the lewd eyes that were raking her body. Thankfully none of them had uttered a word.

It had all came too close to the memory of her first anniversary with Nicolas, where instead of romantic celebration, he had taken her in front of the pack. She shivered, remembering how much effort it took for her to look a male straight in the eye without flinching from flashbacks of that night where numerous eyes had lusted over her exposed flesh as Nicolas' wolf had mounted her. Even the publicity of said mating had not hurt nearly as bad as proclaiming that something was wrong for him to result to such traditional methods of impregnation. Everybody knew that mating in wolf form all but guaranteed conception.

Jon's body heat was all that she needed to anchor her mind into the present. Lingering in the past hadn't done anyone any good. It felt good to be treasured and protected. Only the nagging voice in her head was telling her that it was so because he did not know how empty she was.

The atmosphere below the arena was sordid, which was a distinct contrast to the excitement upstairs. Here, there were no winners or losers. There were just shifters, who were patching up their wounds in hope to challenge fate once more before they went home - wherever home might be.

Kathryn had already dashed through the narrow isle between the two rolls of benches down to the far end. Jon's insistence to walk the path with Avery had slowed them down considerably, giving them time to take in the scene before they made their way.

A young brunette was sitting down on a bench while a man was squatting between her legs his face pressed against her belly as he kept on chanting something in a hushed voice. The girl absentmindedly stroking his jet black hairs was the first to spot Kathryn.

"Kathryn is here." She lovingly tugged at the man's hair making him growl his displeasure of having to deal with the young she-wolf. The man stood up.

"Kathryn, didn't I fucking tell you not to go out my sight?" The man roared at Kathryn.

Unlike the way she had coward in front of Jon, this time Kathryn didn't hold back, "Chill, Thomas. I brought in reinforcements!" Kathryn explained, indicating Avery and Jon, who were still more than halfway through the locker room. Avery shuddered at the thought that if the locker room was that big, the arena had to be massive.

"I told Zoey this was not a fucking Starbucks for you to be wondering by yourself, much less dress in that!" He growled at her, and before she could defend herself, he continued with a commanding voice, "I took responsibility for the three of you, and I expect you to have the decency to follow simple instructions!"

"Get off your high horse. You are not my mate, and I am doing this for you, Arse!" Kathryn roared back with equal passion. Avery was surprised at the unexpected show of dominance from the brunette.

"I don't give a fuck who you think your mate is. He's not here, and I am in charge of your lot!" He snapped at her and pointed his finger behind him, where his mate and another she-wolf had made camp. The gesture was simple. Sit down and shut up.

Jon had stopped them a few paces away from the group letting Kathryn get an earful from the man, who quickly snapped his attention to them as soon as he smelled them.

"Thank you for bringing my stray back!" The man bluntly stated and stepped forward, shielding the teens with his back. As Avery's eyes finally landed on the man, she gulped as she recognized the jet black hairs and the piercing blue eyes from his picture, which hadn't done his built any justice. He was heavily built with shoulders that ended with logs that he called hands. And if her initial reaction from him was calculated fear, Jon's was a carefree chuckle.

"Tom as in Thomas?" Jon inquired.

The giant nodded.

When Kathryn had attempted to muffle his name, he had once again roared over his shoulder without even so much as looking at the instigator, "Zip it, Kathryn!"

Jon chuckled even louder at the irony of the situation to be helping the man who had already gotten the position. Avery elbowed him in his side to stop it.

"You have something to say?" Thomas asked.

"No. Please proceed!" Jon said entertained, only for Avery to nudge him in the side.

"Jon!" Avery scolded him in a hushed voice, "It's not funny!"

"If you know Kat and Joel, this" Jon's free hand encircled the room "is freaking hilarious!"

"Snap out of it already!" Avery said and then looked at Thomas, who narrowed his eyes trying to get a better look at them. Avery simply continued, "We are here to help."

***

Jonathan

"Help?" Thomas repeated, testing the word in his mouth, then spat: "Why?"

Jon liked the guy. He was proud and protective of the three friends that were sitting behind him. While Jon agreed that none of them belong in this setting, he had to acknowledge Thomas' attempt to keep them safe. As any upstanding male would have done, Thomas had assumed responsibility of the teens. His attempt to dominate the conversation with Kathryn and to reprimand her in front of her friends served as a lesson for all three of them. Fight clubs, as Thomas had pointed out, were dangerous, and none of them should be roaming around unprotected. A lot could happen to a shifter in a place like this. They could be kidnapped, raped, mated and even murdered, not necessarily in the same order. It equally applied to both females and males, but the victims of such major crimes were, unfortunately, predominantly female! Nothing was more grotesque than being called to investigate another mutilated body in the wee hours of the night. That had been one of the major reasons for Jon's reluctance to let go of Avery. He did not trust Bella for even a moment, which meant that Avery was to stay by his side. Jon was not going to risk her safety.

Avery had been so engrossed with their surroundings that she hadn't the time to acknowledge the way he manhandled her. If towing her anywhere he went meant that it would keep her safe and alive, he had no problem dealing with less than compliable Avery. Luckily, she had followed his lead thus far.

Jon smirked as he caught Kathryn's eyes. Kathryn had snuck out her home and guards like a spoilt brat. She was risking not only her pretty neck but those of her friends, if she was careless in announcing who her mate really was. Best case, nobody would believe her and think that she was high. The Pack Law Commander of the feared Third Battalion would not let his mate wonder off to a fight club of all places. But all it took was one of the dumb asses to believe her and to decide to send her in pieces for Joel to lose it. Having been in a nightmare of losing a True Mate, Jon did not wish it to his worst enemy. If Jon had let the bond progress as far as Joel had, he knew he wouldn't have been able to come back.

Goddess knew that Kathryn needed a good spanking way before she pulled this stunt on Joel. Why Joel hadn't provided her with one yet was beyond the matter at hand. She needed to recognize that it was her childish behavior that put her in situations like this and reinstated Joel's commitment to his vow. On the other hand, Joel had to acknowledge that Kat would only continue to rebel and brashly risk her own life just to provoke his wolf to finally claim her. In the end, Jon thought that everyone would be much better off with the two of them stewing, brewing and working it out behind closed doors.

Jonathan sighed. He had known it was only a matter of time before someone from his past crossed paths with him. But couldn't it have been someone other than Kathryn? Then he might have been able to tell them off, to hammer down his command, and just stay with Avery to see where things went.

Why was it suddenly so important to Jon to follow through with whatever it was between them? Because he craved her just like a stubborn dog wanted a bone; he was not ready to let go. Would he ever be? He didn't know. There was only one way to know, and Jon was determined to investigate all that Avery was.

It never ceased to amaze Jon how people were actively seeking him out in order to dump their problems on his shoulders.

"Because we're Royal. Because we represent the Monarchy!" His wolf supplied.

True.

But that sorrowful trend had started way before then. Firstly, it was the duty that came with his mother's passing. He was never going to lose another she-wolf if he could help it.

"But didn't we lose Juliet?" His wolf was awfully chatty tonight.

Juliet might have been his all those years ago, but she had made her mind and had made her choice all over again.

Jonathan was alone. But was he really?

His hands were full, his hunger was sated, and his mind was constantly busy with her.

Avery was his and so were her pups!

He would never be alone.

It was in his blood to rally people together and to settle Alpha's disputes. It had been his chosen duty to serve in Pack Law. But could he solely be responsible for shaping the werewolf community for decades to come?

Jon's eyes snapped to Avery. Would she move in with him if he asked? He certainly could make sure she had a gourmet kitchen; he would even go as far as throwing a day with Avery's favorite Devenheart aka his beloved cousin Nessa into the deal. Surely, Marcus would not mind the two she-wolves spending time together. He would bring her pups in his estate and find them the best teachers. Hell, he'd volunteer himself to teach them all that he knew about survival and combat. But would that be enough to make her stay?

In a world where everyone was so eager to involve him into their own shit, why had she not? Did she not feel his strength and power?

"Because we've been in your shoes, and we know how hard it is to get back on your feet when life knocks you down." Avery's answer snapped Jon's attention to the conversation at hand. He vaguely remembered her well balanced voice that was never too harsh, nor mild, explaining exactly the same thing to him. It had been weeks, but it seemed like a whole lifetime ago!

"Excuse me, but I don't buy into the mother Theresa routine!" Thomas grunted with distrust.

Jon growled at the insult.

"Tone it down, or I will do it for you!" Jon snarled and then quickly cut through the pleasantries, "Kat told us about your situation and begged me to fight instead of you."

"I wouldn't go as far as beg...." Kathryn mumbled.

"Kat, let him speak!" The overly pregnant she-wolf interrupted Kathryn's rant and then waddled closer. As she reached Thomas, he enveloped her in a protective hug that was almost a copy of that of Jon's. "You want to fight in his place."

Jon nodded. No need to point the obvious that he did not want to fight per se, but he would do it in heartbeat to protect the future of the family. For once, Kat had evaluated the situation right. Thomas was still sporting bruises from his take on with the Shadow Creek's Alpha and easing the weight off his left leg. His overall built would only further hamper the speed of his movement, and Thomas would not last more than a couple of rounds. It would probably take two or three full body contact blows for his opponent to knock him out for good, and that was an estimate before Bella had tangled Avery's job like a lamb in front of the hungry wolf-fighters.

"There's no need for that; you're coming with us!" Avery said before Jon had the time to stop her. As worked up as the fighters were over the promised chance at a better life, Avery randomly giving it to someone without so much as seeing them fight was plain invitation for open rebellion. It was an insult to the pride of any Enforcer to be denied the chance for a good fight.

While Jon had no problem going into the cage for a tussle or two, he definitely knew he could not take all of the rogue fighters at once and still ensure Avery's safety.

Damn she-wolves! Could she not see the volatility of such statement?

"Avery!" Jon chided her.

"You can't be considering going through this!" Avery hissed only for Jon to swiftly pull her into his arms, pressing her face into his chest, and muffling her words. His palm landed on the back of her neck pressing her head into his chest every time she tried to talk back to him.

Then he moved his lips above her temple as if ready to kiss her or mumble words of reassurance to her. He hissed in a very low tone, barely above whisper, "The fighters are promised a chance for an epic fight. If it is taken away from them prematurely, there will be challenges against the victor. You don't want Thomas fighting his way out of this. Worse, the fighters might turn against you. Let me handle this!" As Avery nodded into his chest, he released some of the pressure on the back of her neck. "Now hug me, before someone wonders what we were discussing!"

Avery wordlessly followed his suggestion, wrapping her hands around his waist. Jon grinned and winked at Kathryn whose jaw was hanging open at him. While Jon understood her surprise to see him treat a she-wolf more forcefully than his usual manner, he had bigger problems than how bad or rough the gesture would look. Avery had understood her mistake, and, now, he had a riot to prevent. The moment Avery's eyes landed on his face, he openly smiled at her, indicating that no love had been lost. If anything, she had gained more respect in his eyes with the silent way that she had accepted his word. She trusted him.

Would it be considered abusing his power if he now asked her to kiss him?

As if summoned to interrupt yet another moment, Bella's voice echoed through the locker room, "Thomas! Collins is waiting for you upstairs! I should not have to remind you what hangs in the balance, should I?"

It was amusing how the barely clad she-wolf froze the moment her eyes took in Jon and Avery, tightly wrapped in each other's embrace.

"As always, perfect timing, Bella!" Jon loved being sarcastic, especially when his bitter remarks could not be easily detected. Before she could gather her wits, Jon continued in a steady voice, as if the idea just came to him, "Bella, how would the upper management feel if I take on this Collins of yours?"

"I suppose they can be persuaded. Should I assume you have made your mind?" Bella insisted looking more to Avery than to Jon. As Jon nodded, Bella returned the nod. "There is this matter of registering you on such short notice, substituting one of our best fighters. Thomas' runner up wouldn't be thrilled for an outsider to randomly take his chance in the pit."

"What do you think shall be a suitable compromise?" Avery interrupted Bella.

"Jon must fight Finlay for Thomas' spot in the triple M's. Then if he eliminates Finlay successfully, he can take his chance against Collins." Bella replied without a second thought.

Where Avery had naively hoped to bribe Bella with some cash, Bella had smelled attraction. The club stood a chance at clearing a bigger profit from the betting on the side-line of the tracks than any reasonable fee Avery could have paid.

"Agreed." Jon stated before Avery could protest, pressing his palm against her nape, and giving her a signal to stay quiet for the second time tonight.

"Perfect. May I ask what brought the interest?" Bella inquired.

"Thomas and I go way back." Jon lied smoothly, hoping that none of their group would dispute it. "Consider my debt to you paid."

Bella raised her eyebrow fixing Thomas in her eyes and inquired, "I didn't know you had influential friends like him!"

"You and me both, Bells. The ten years I haven't seen his mug hadn't made it any prettier!" Thomas joined in smoothly.

Now that was one wicked sense of humor. Jon chuckled loudly.

"Old man, I would shut it before I hand your arse to your mate!" Jon jested.

"You wish, Mutt!" Thomas continued.

Bella obviously got bored with the manly exchange of familiarities and focused her attention on Avery, "Would you stand in his corner, or do you prefer to watch it from the sidelines?"

"With the way he has been overly touchy tonight, I doubt I would let go anytime soon." Avery chuckled, only for Jon to growl his agreement.

"Fine. Thomas will show you the way. I'll talk to upper management and have Finlay summoned." Bella told them and walked away.

Jon continued holding Avery close and then bent as if placing a kiss on her temple, lowly saying, "Good save. Be mindful of the cameras upstairs!"

Then he released her.

***

Avery

Avery smiled as Jon gave her nape a tug before letting her go. A part of her already missed the possessive way he held her. She knew her honesty had almost blown up in her face. If it hadn't been for his quick intervention, she would have blurted the honest to Goddess truth. Thomas had the job even before Kathryn approached them.

While Avery did not particularly approve of Jon's forceful way to point out her mistake, she recognized the urgency. The locker room provided only the illusion of privacy. Semi to fully naked fighters were still walking around, seemingly not paying attention to their conversation. Bella did not need to install cameras. She had all the eyes and ears that greed could buy!

"We should head out before Bells comes back." Thomas urged them, supporting Zoey. He then narrowed his eyes to Kathryn and the other she-wolf and commanded, "Troublemakers walk in front of the adults. Go!"

"Zoey, your mate is a pig!" Kathryn blurted and looped the other she-wolf's hand in hers.

Thomas growled at her, but didn't say anything else.

"Eva, I can deal with, but Kathryn is a handful!" He explained and then led them up the fighter's staircase into the level above. He was helping Zoey up the stairs and used the time to familiarize Jon with challenges he was going to face. "Finlay has a brutal left hook. He'll lull you with high guard and then shift to go for your hind legs," Thomas instructed Jon, who nodded. "When you knock out Finlay, try to look tired. Collins will be watching and will take notes of your weaknesses. He wants to make a spectacle out of fighting. Give a better show for the audience. Try to deal with him as swiftly as you can. Where Finlay will relay on brutal force to bring you down, Collins is coy. He'll toy with you, so that he has a story to tell afterwards. Make no mistake, he will fight dirty."

"Jon, that sounds dangerous." Avery mumbled, only for Jon to chuckle and wrap a hand around her shoulders, bringing her into him.

"I'll just work up an appetite," Jon's smile never quite reached his eyes.

As they reached the arena, Jon slowed down and told her firmly, "When I go into the cage, I want you to stay by Thomas and under no circumstance leave his side."

"Fine. But you have to promise me that I won't have to patch you up for the rest of the week!" Avery started.

"I don't plan on getting hurt." Jon said. Couldn't she feel his wolf surfacing? Wasn't manhandling her not enough to establish he was a dominant wolf?

"Being overly cocky will get you hurt!" Avery cautioned him.

"Stop worrying. I can handle myself." Jon told her and then added in a much lower voice, intended only for her, "Bella can still make a move against you when I go in. Watch yourself and please don't get hurt!"

"I am not the one who is going to fight." Avery shot.

"Stop worrying. I'll be more than fine," Jon told her and then smirked as she reluctantly nodded, "Now, kiss me!"

"What?" Avery mumbled.

"A kiss is the customary form of wishing someone good luck!"

"We'll do it in a more traditional way. Best of luck, Jon." Avery said and Jon chuckled and bent down to peck her lips before she had the chance to say anything else.

"I better get a proper celebratory kiss after." Jon challenged.

"Don't get hurt, and you just might!" Avery negotiated.

"You have yourself a deal, Girlfriend!"

"Ass."

"But you like it."

***

Jonathan

Jon cockily smirked at her, pulling her into his body, and inhaling a lungful of her scent to keep him sane during the fight. Reluctantly letting go of Avery, he headed for the arena.

Jon's eyes searched for Thomas, who kissed his mate's temple and steadily made his way to Jonathan.

"Watch over her!" Jonathan said in a low voice.

"Yes, your Majesty!"

Thomas agreed, winked and stepped off the arena before Jonathan could utter

"Son of a bitch! How?"

Thomas knew yet remained silent. Jon glared at him only for Thomas to shrug it off.

"Kat enjoys threatening me with her mate. His name and your scar helped me put things together," Thomas replied.

"She doesn't know." Jon's eyes shifted to Avery.

"I learned long ago how to keep my mouth shut." Thomas said and then rubbed the back of his head. "I appreciate what you are doing for me, so I thought you should know how serious I am in watching over them."

Jon nodded.

As soon as Jon stepped into the cage, his eyes narrowed down to his opponent who was already warming up in his corner. Finlay was bare-chested and had on a loose set of navy blue shorts. As a good little fighter, Finlay was trying to rattle the audience, flirt with it, and shamelessly use his confidence to drive the betting ratio in his favor. The more money he made for the club and Bella; the higher commission he was going to pocket from tonight's fight. Unfortunately for Finlay, no amount of bare-chested rope jumping would win him the fight. Jon was promised a kiss from his red Goddess, and he intended on proving to her just how good he was.

Scare tactics and intimidations simply did not work on Jonathan. Finlay was not a challenge. He was but an ignorant pup that was going to get his ass handed to him.

There were only two things that Jon was uncertain about in this fight. Was Avery going to be safe now that he was inside the ring, and would he lose himself into the bloodlust?

Jonathan's eyes landed on Avery, who just as instructed, stayed close to the teens. Good girl, Jonathan smiled, trying to convey his confidence and then quickly pulled off the shirt he was wearing. He could feel her eyes on his bare chest, and he grinned. Maybe Kathryn was right. Seducing Avery would be easier if she fully understood what he was offering. Jon's grin widened, and he winked at Avery throwing his shirt to her.

He knew she would give him an earful for that later, and he was eagerly looking forward to it. There was no other way to calm her nervousness than to give her a thing to steam over. Telling her he was more than capable of taking care of himself did not do any good. She still thought of him as the sad poor skinny stray she took in. True, he was miserable and obviously underfed when he met her, but it was not like he wasn't able to defend himself or hunt. His IQ in wolf-form was diminished, but he could rely on his brute power to solve any problem. There was only the issue of the temporary insanity that he had gone through. Although Avery might have suspected his lapse of judgment over the last six months as he had been a wolf, she had never pressed him for answers. She probably thought him depressed. Jon stretched his shoulders. Maybe, he really was depressed.

Nah, depression was for people who felt sorry for themselves.

Jonathan knew that although he wanted to let go and die he really couldn't. His sense of duty was far too strong to leave everything on Nessa's shoulders. Her Choice Mate was more than capable of defending her, but he knew that his dear cousin would let him grieve the loss of his True Mate. If Jon died, he was certain that she would hunt down his ghost and haunt him for the rest of eternity.

Kathryn was right. Maybe coming to the fight club was Fate's way to urge Jonathan to come clean with his issues.

Sure, he was still unstable, but around Avery, he felt like his old self again. The unease, the loneliness had disappeared. It did not matter if he was stuck with her in the middle of nowhere or surrounded by hundreds of people; she was constantly on his mind. Nothing could erase her. She was his silent support group, his personal chef, and his sexy nurse all wrapped up in one tight little figure that was temping his hands and his lips.

He wanted her. Knowing that she had agreed to let him investigate some of her mysterious ways made Jon's pants tent. These matches better be over soon for Jonathan had things to do.

"Right. Let's get this over with," Jonathan thought to himself.

There was something enticing every time you prepared for a fight. It never ceased to amaze Jonathan that the initial cacophony of sound of the crowd, which undeniably formed to accompany a good brawl, slowly filtered out until all you could hear was the rush of your blood, and the auditable lub-dub of your heartbeat. The adrenaline level would surge, his heightened senses would become exceptional, the random thoughts in his head would clear out, and he would step into the void. The void in your body, mind, and soul became one. The void could easily win or lose the fight.

Obtaining the void made the outstanding fighter a lethal weapon. Control of that deadly-precision and rigid training was something only few managed to achieved. It was what separated the amateurs from the masters.

***

Avery

Seeing him walk into the arena made her heartbeat faster. Why did she agree to this? Like a mother fretting after her pup, her fingers nervously intertwined. Shooting a prayer to the Moon Goddess was all she could do at this point.

Jon flanked by Thomas, entered the arena, and caused the uproar of the crowd for the impending match. She could see them talking lowly, and she wondered what they were discussing-surely something for the match. Thomas was about to go when Jon turned, peeling off his shirt, and winked at Avery before throwing it her way.

The scoundrel was trying to distract her by parading himself shirtless.

Avery glared at Jon, hoping that it was enough to carry her point through.

Watch out! Don't get hurt! Was that too much to ask?

As soon as Finlay charged towards Jon, Avery gritted her teeth and prepared for the impact. At the very last second, Jon miraculously pivoted on his foot, Finlay's brutal fist missing his head by a hair. Avery let out her breath, only to cringe when Finlay left fist made contact with Jon's side.

This fight was going to be a hard one to watch. "Relax; Jon will level the ground with poor Finlay!" Kathryn smiled at Avery, who rolled her eyes at her.

"How can you say that? He just got punched."

"Have a little faith and relax. Our anxiety will only serve to distract Jon," Kathryn explained and swatted Eva's hands away from Avery's hand. Avery looked down and Kathryn hissed, "Eva Torres, you'll break my hand, then El JoJo shall be summoned immediately!"

"Avery wears Smexy's new collection!" Eva hissed. "Where did you buy it? It's not supposed to be released yet?"

Avery smiled. Smexy was what she called her jewelry collection. The intended buyers' age range was from preteen to early adulthood. It was the time when a she-wolf wanted to go out and have glamorous jewelry but couldn't afford the brands that she so desired. Avery's company brought the trendy to an acceptable price making her products the ever day choice.

"A friend got it for me," Avery lied smoothly. There were actually only two bracelets like this. The prototype that was dangling on Avery's wrist and the one that was in the pack house. Avery smiled smoothly and handed it to Eva. "I am sure it will look better on you!"

Whenever Avery met a fan of the brand that recognized her jewelry, she made it her purpose to reward such interest.

Eva's eyes sparkled as she reached for the bracelet, "You are giving it to me just like that?"

"Well, obviously, you'll have to wear it," Avery giggled.

Eva quickly put it on and said "I am not taking it off!" Then she winked at Kathryn, "The blond bitches will be jealous!"

"You created a monster!" Kathryn told Avery and shook her head.

"You are simply jealous that Avery gave it to me!" Eva giggled and even stuck her tongue out at Kathryn, who didn't hesitate and returned the gesture.

Avery chuckled at them, forgetting about the fight until the roar from the stage snapped her attention to Jon. His body had a sheen coat of sweat and was glistening under the industrial lighting. She quickly let her eyes roam through his back, telling herself that it was purely to evaluate him for any injuries. The knitted muscle ropes were coiling as he raised his arms and threw a punch into Finlay's face, just as he was preparing to give Jon an upper cut. As Jon pivoted around the heel of his sole, he turned to face Avery, his eyes searching for her and once he caught her looking at him, Jon cockily pressed his lips together and blew her a kiss.

Avery shook her head unimpressed by his theatrics. Leave it to Jon to goof around when he should be paying attention to the fight. Finlay used the distraction and set a quick series of punches into Jon's body that threw him on the far end of the arena.

The crowd was roaring its approval while Avery all but wanted to get up there and wipe off the sly smile from Finlay's face. Jon shook his head violently as if he was trying to fight a blackout and then steadied himself as Finlay shifted and snapped at him.

The thought that Jon had no intention of shifting made her stomach unsettled. Was he really going to fight man against beast?

True, Avery's eyes greedily took in every dip and rise of Jon's chiseled chest and abdomen, but she would have preferred if he had shifted. She knew that his wolf was overly large and short tempered – something that would come in handy with a situation like this. As Finlay's brown wolf topped Jon's human frame and didn't get shy at snapping at his neck, Avery gasped.

Shift, damn it!

Jon wrestled with the oversized wolf, successfully restraining him.

"Finish him off already!" Eva shouted and stood up trying to pass around the corner.

The growl that was emitted from Jon only served for Kathryn to move into Eva's way.

"Don't piss him off now," Kathryn cautioned her.

"Jon is just toying with him. El JoJo could materialize any second." Eva mumbled in her defense, but Avery was able to overhear.

"An angry Joel I can handle. If Jon loses it..." Kathryn hissed in a warning.

"You know what happened to him." Avery shifted her attention from the fight to Kathryn.

"You don't." Eva asked surprised.

"It's Jon's story to tell." Kathryn diplomatically put an end to the conversation.

Avery huffed and again glanced to see Jon walking away from the unconscious wolf. Her eyes did a once over his exposed chest in search for any wounds or bites that needed attending. As there were minor scrapes, her eyes darted again over his body, inspecting this time slowly every single inch of his exposed flesh. He really looked mouthwatering. Avery's hands itched to trace the valley between his chest planes that divided his torso into two absolutely sensational halves. While her hands wanted to feel his silky skin, her tongue was aching to investigate his navel that oozed sex-appeal that demanded special attention.

"You good." Avery managed, as Jon casually squatted towards the edge of the fight ring, just above where Avery stood with the she-wolves.

Jon nodded and then continued flatly "One more to go."

He was too calm for a person who had managed to defeat a seasoned fighter without so much as shifting into his own wolf.

Avery tried coming up with something to say but found it absolutely impossible to form a coherent thought. Her eyes moved from his eyes, to his lips, to his shoulders, and then down to his torso and up to his bulging hands. Jon chuckled and asked her sassily, "Seeing something you like."

Eva and Kathryn all but died out from laughter.

"I've seen better!" Avery winked at him.

"We'll discuss it later!" Jon promised her and then stated, "One more match."

And with that he headed towards the center of the arena, where Collins was now waiting for him.

***

Jonathan

A royal wolf, with the strenuous training of a Pack Law official, was something unheard of until Jon proved the skeptics right. He could train shoulder to shoulder with the Pack Law recruits and then last through the training of Pack Law officials before retiring for the night. That was all possible because of his blue blood. For a wolf such as Jon, a fight club champion was a mere nuisance.

The biggest challenge for Jon was not the fight, itself. A royal wolf did not have many worthy opponents. No, Jon's concern was not about the outcome of the match. It was about the safety of his opponent.

Jon's wolf had warmed up from the first fight and was now pressing and demanding to be let out. To show his Avery, how big and scary her guard dog could be. The punk really wanted to impress Avery after the way she had clearly leered over Jon's body. But Jonathan could not unleash the beast within him. That's when he decided that he was going to fight in his human form.

Fine-tuning his level of skill was something that Jonathan had to consciously do. He would not allow himself to slip into the rage and the uncontrollable blood lust that had been part of his existence for so long. His wolf demanded blood and wanted to bite, to sink those pointy canines into its prey, and to tear the fresh meat until the warm red, gushy life essence matted its pelt until the prey was still.

But this was not a fight to the death.

Just like a gladiator in ancient Rome, Jonathan had to give the audience a little spectacle or risk having to deal with an unsatisfied crowd. With the responsibility of Avery and Kathryn's safety on his shoulders, he had to make sure, although he wanted an efficient fight, his skill was not overpowering. If he let go, he could as easily slip into the fogged stage of being berserk once again.

If he lost the reins on his wolf, if he submitted to the hunger, and if he enjoyed the thrill of the fight, he was not sure if and when he was going to manage to chain back his wolf and shift to his human again.

That would be rather unfortunate.

Jon had Avery to consider. Without him, she would have to face the world on her own. A world that had shown its ugly face numerous times. How would Jon be any better than her true mate if he allowed himself to lose the fight with the wild thing that lived deep inside? No. Jonathan's crazy ran wide and intense, but he was going to chain it. The serenity was achievable; insanity could wait for another day.

He had to pull through the fight for Avery's sake. Jon was the one standing between her and the cruel, putrid corruptness of power-hungry wolves that saw a young single she-wolf as prey they could take advantage of. With no mate to protect her, the world would strip the sweetness out of his Avery and show her just how merciless life could be. It would crush her dreams and bend her pups' spirit until it breaks.

Jon wasn't fighting for just Avery. He was fighting for their future.

The loyalty that Jon felt for Avery was surprisingly deep; so deep that deserting the ranks of Pack Law seemed insignificant. Just over a half year ago, Jon was a pedantic officer of Pack Law who would report the fight club as soon as he recognized it. Tonight, Jon found the fight club activities irrelevant. True, they were dangerous, but the safety of the public was no longer his priority.

Avery was.

Jon was going to inform Joel about tonight only because of Kathryn. Joel really needed to reconsider how he was going to proceed where Kat was concerned. Things had changed. Living away from his mate was no longer an option. Kat had become a danger to herself.

As for going back, Jonathan knew he owed it to himself to see where things lead. Avery needed him much more than anyone else in the world. He was taught better than to ignore a she-wolf in need.

Jon smirked. It felt good to be cared for but openly wanted – now that had boosted his self-confidence. The slight hint of her arousal was all the encouragement Jon needed to justify her pursuit. She was going to be his-utterly and completely his.

Jon realized that just as Joel had to set new rules of conduct with Kat, so had he with Avery. Nobody was going to be able to protect her the way Jon could. He was staying. But he had to make sure that she knew just how much she could rely on him. As she had given him her house rules, now it was Jonathan's turn to set up some rules.

Rule number one. Trust me. I will take care of you!

Jon smirked. She was going to have a fit, but it was necessary. She was clearly not able to access danger if she thought going out alone to a fight club or taking in random strays was acceptable.

Rule number two: You are mine. Period. Non-negotiable.

Yip, rule number two was his favorite thus far. He couldn't picture her pitching a fit over that. Her silent acceptance of all those times that he had called her his proved that she had developed a thing for him. She liked him. He liked her. Therefore, she was his to cherish. And cherishing he would do, as soon as this fight was over. Jon smirked at the prospect of kissing her thoroughly and claiming her as his own. What would she say when he told her how far he was willing to go to have her?

Claiming her? Where did that come from?

"She's perfect." his wolf supplied.

Avery surrounded Jon with so much care, support and love that it was impossible for him not to fall for the redhead. Who wouldn't? She was all that he had imagined a mate would be. So what if both of their True Mates had proven unworthy? They could be happy if they choose one another. The Goddess only knew how ready Jonathan really was to give all his love to her!

Rule number three: Put on a red lipstick and live a little.

Amendment to rule number three: live a little only with me!

Jonathan smirked. He would not let her out of his sight. He was that whipped. He glanced at Avery and winked. A wink was worth a thousand words.

Her face lit up, and then her eye brows knitted in a scolding glare that clearly demanded: pay attention to the fight. Oh, he could come out of the so-called fight victorious even if he was blindfolded.

Collins, the fool that he was, was growling battle cries and announcing his presence. True, battle cries were used to intimidate your opponent, but Jonathan was not even remotely impressed by that. Jon had lived through more fights than he cared to remember. There was no way that a battle cry would startle him or inspire respect. Respect was earned with the sweat on your back and the blood on your hands. And Collins had done neither.

Rogue Fighters did not go down easily. They were survivalists that thrived on challenges. Competition was ruthless, and they were incapable of backing out of a fight, especially when they knew they were losing! Too many blows to the head brought on the primal dominance and instincts that submerged into aggressiveness! There was no way around this.

Jon decided to show the pup how it is done and menacingly growled back, making Collins stumble in his attack. Restructuring his attack midstride would have been impressive, if Jon hadn't noticed the flash of metal in Collin's hand.

Jon's sly smile stretched onto his lips. Did the pup think that bringing a blade to the fight will do him any good?

It was rather ironic how Collins had chosen the one weapon that Jon actually enjoyed mastering. Unlike Collins, who was slashing in front of him and hoping to injure Jon before their hand-to-hand combat, Jonathan would have used the blade with stealth and precision.

Fighting was not about brute force and resolution to kill. It was about knowledge and skill. A cut that was aimed at a vital organ would be harder to achieve as your opponent would see it coming. The blade had to be kept hidden to the very last moment, when it was too late for your opponent to counteract. Instead of making wide swings in hopes of injuring, one had to go for a short, powerful tug into the skin covering one of the major blood vessels or a hamstring. Or why not better yet draw blood from a femoral artery or a jugular? Losing blood made the scene more gruesome, and it served to caution your enemies to what could eventually happen to them. Wasn't that a better intimidation tactic than a stupid war cry?

Jonathan waited for Collins to approach him and just as the blade swiped the air, Jon's hand shot and caught Collins' right wrist.

"Drop it!" Jonathan hissed, applying pressure to Collins wrist just enough to convey his message. Drop it or else.

If he didn't, Jon was ready to use brute force and stab Collins with his own blade.

Collins fingers opened, and the blade slipped. Jon smirked at him and was ready to let go, when Collins caught the blade with his left hand and then with a precise upward shove aimed for Jon's side.

How much of the attack Collins thought through beforehand was beyond the point. Jon was exposed and had a mere moment to react. He twisted his upper body, exposing his outer hand to the blade instead of his flank.

As predicted the knife dug into his upper arm, cutting through muscle before Jonathan had the time to stop the blade by restraining Collins left arm.

Jonathan hissed through the pain. The bastard's grin only proved that he had laced the blade with silver. Not that silver did anything but to irritate him. Jonathan had warned, and Collins had not heeded. Collins had even gone as far as to draw first blood; giving Jon the vindication to brutally twist Collin's his left hand until the satisfying sound of the snap of his wrist. As the bones crunched against one another, Jonathan released him. Collins' smug smile was long forgotten as he cradled his broken wrist protectively, but used his left shoulder to ram into Jon, the moment that Jon let go of his wrist. The knife fell on the ground, and Jon kicked it away before Collins had the chance to pick it up. If the blade stayed in Jonathan's proximity, he was sure he would only be teased to end his opponent's life.

Part of Jonathan's reputation in Pack Law had been solely based on his ability to efficiently kill his opponent. It was bellow Jon's dignity to toy with his prey. Death by his hand was swift and painless. Prolonging one's suffering was an option only reserved for Pablo Alvarez.

As Collins put distance between their bodies, Jon shot a glance at his arm. The rivulets of blood were seeping through the gash. Jon shifted his hand and traced the gaping wound with his claws, cleansing it from any silver debris. Fresh blood would help it heal, if there were no traces of silver. All the while, Jonathan kept his eyes on Collins. He would not underestimate him. Thomas was right; Collins did fight dirty.

***

Avery

The moment that the knife pressed against Jonathan's skin, Avery gaped. Her wolf was surging, and she instinctively took a step forward only to be halted by Thomas's hand.

"Breathe. He'll be fine." Thomas' low voice sounded in Avery's ear.

"He's hurt!"

"Anything you do at this point will only distract him." Thomas explained.

Avery shot him a cold glare. Jonathan was hurt, and Thomas was telling her to stay calm?! She was about to reach for the stairs, when Kathryn snatched Avery's outstretched hand and casually looped it over her forearm.

"Tom is right. You are only going to distract him. Jon has the training and ability to snap the twat's neck. He's putting up a show for the crowd. If he senses that you are worried, he'd do something stupid as to end Collins in a second. Relax. Think of the earful you'd give him when he comes back." Kathryn winked at Avery and laced her fingers into Avery's giving them an encouraging squeeze.

As Jon cleared his wound the best he could, Collins smirked, spitting on the ground.

Avery didn't miss how Jon's whole demeanor changed from thunderstorm to murderous when Collins called him a bastard right after he spat for a second time. That much hatred for the word bastard could only mean one thing: Jon was illegitimate.

A love child.

While extramarital relationships were up to one's discretion; love children were frowned upon by the society. Things had been different in the Blood Hounds' territory. Any pup had been deemed valuable. Males were considered an addition to the Enforcer Corps, while she-wolves were needed for reproduction. How they came to the world was irrelevant as long as they could fulfill their duty.

Everyone lived up to their role - except Avery.

Avery sighed.

If she had thought that her life was a nightmare; Avery soon discovered that others lived a true horror story. The moment that word got around that she was in charge of a shelter she-wolves fled to her house in a steady stream, telling her a horror story after another. The world was a brutal place for lone she-wolves – expecting or with illegitimate pups. They were either shunned from society or actively hunted down as animals, when the pups they carried were conceived to influential males. The pups couldn't be allowed to live if one day they could challenge their father's named heirs.

Damn Jon's father!

As Collins lunged into Jon, shifting midair into his wolf, Avery squeezed Kathryn's hand in hers. Realizing that Jon had no intention of shifting into his wolf caused Avery's breathe to hitch. She watched in horror as the wolf went for Jon's jugular, while he remained rooted on his place. In the last moment, Jon ducked and slid under the flying wolf, swiftly turning around and jumping on the wolf's back as soon as it landed. Using his weight, Jon restrained the wolf beneath him and reached for his throat.

"Shift." Jon roared over the silence that had befallen the crowd.

***

Jonathan

As the wolf didn't shift, Jon growled menacingly, pressing the snout of the wolf into the floor. An efficient way to stop the match was to show dominance and accept the submission of your opponent. That is why when the wolf beneath Jon slowly started morphing into a naked man, the crowd and Jon knew the match was over.

"Did you have enough?" Jonathan asked Collins as he remained holding his face down.

"You win." Collins voice came muffled.

"I will end you if you go back on your word." Jonathan promised him and then swiftly stood up.

Collins quickly jumped on his feet.

"Why didn't you shift?"

"I didn't need to do so." Jon answered then quietly walked over to his corner.

Jonathan made his way to Avery and Kat, who were already waiting for him at the end of the staircase.

He had done it. He had fought, and he hadn't lost himself into the bloodlust.

And all because of her! Thinking about Avery and all the rules he would now give her had proven to be the best reign for his temper and wolf.

Proud of himself, he confidently walked out of the arena, not even acknowledging the cheering crowd. Thomas had nodded to him and patted his back in thanks. Jonathan silently accepted the congratulations as his eyes roamed the two she-wolves in front of him.

As he neared her, he smirked:

"I've come to collect my reward." Jon stated. Noticing how pale Avery's face looked, he quickly asked, "What's wrong?"

"You're bleeding," Avery stated and released Kathryn's hand, who looked relieved to have gotten away from Avery's iron tight grip. His little Avery had worried for him. The thought made him feel all that much more victorious. She really cared for him. It felt great for someone to love you so much that they will fret and baby you.

"It's nothing." Jon dismissed her concern. If Avery slipped in playing nurse now, he knew he would never get his reward. "Where's my kiss?"

"Jon, don't be a sassy ass now! You're hurt!" Avery snapped at him and lowered her head to his arm.

"Fine, I am hurt. Kiss me to make it feel better," Jon suggested.

Her appalled face made him chuckle. She swatted at his side to make him stop. Jon used her gesture against her, as he pivoted just so that her hand landed on his behind instead of his flank.

"Spanking? You naughty girl!" Jon chuckled at Avery's profusely blushed face. As she tried to untangle her arm from him, he quickly moved into her personal space and cupped her ear, sliding his fingers into her hair to keep her in place. Then he bent down and did what he wanted to do all evening long. He kissed her.

His lips crushed against hers with much force than he intended, making her gasp in surprise. Jon didn't waste a second and gently slid his tongue over her lips and blindly searched for hers. Her lips pulled into what Jon accepted as a smile and encouragement to shoot his tongue into the deliciousness of her mouth. Her tongue did not need much persuasion to join the enticing rhythm that Jon had created.

He could feel her body molding into his, her hand pressing against his butt, and pulling him closer into her little body. His injured hand looped around her waist, and his fingers slipped under the back of her t-shirt, fanning across her lower back, and steadying her against him. Deepening the kiss from there was only natural. Jon hungrily swallowed the soft moan that erupted from within her.

His palm shot up and toyed with the clasp of her bra. That's what snapped her eyes open. Her deep turquoise eyes held so much liquid passion in them, which almost undid him. If only one kiss could do this to him, Jon didn't want to wait to get her somewhere secluded.

Her hand gently spanked his behind, announcing the end of their moment. Jon growled his frustration, and he rubbed into her body, showing her just how aching he was. Her lips peeled off his, letting him hear the almost inaudible moan that made it pass her lips.

He had so much to tell her, show her, and feel with her. He was just about to do that, when his nose caught the traces of smoke. He swore just as the siren sounded.

And all hell broke loose.

***

I am exhausted. Who would have thought that writing a fight scene will suck the life out of me? Yes, I really did have a hard time with it. This chapter took a lot of effort and edits, so show me some loveee. Yes, I know I spelled love with three e's - it was intentional!

So if you loveed it, think that 17pages is quite a treat, and want to support me - don't be a stranger and vote, comment, message or for the fun of it do all three?

I am not sure when the next chapter will be up. I don't want to rush it. Very tentative I would say somewhere in the next 10 days (I have so many things to write!). So maybe August 22nd. No promise. SPOILER ALERT (read on your own risk) - next chapter will either have steamy scene with Jonny boy and Avery or it shall be all about how Nessa is thriving ... What do you want to read? Let me know! You know I can make it happen, because I love you soooo much!

xoxo,

SteamyHot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 1.3K 53
"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor..." Kayla was 9 days old when her father promised her to Damian, who was 18 months old when his father pro...
2.3K 208 17
Caleb is a young Omega wolf shifter. After running from an arranged mating, he meets Shifter bounty hunter Rhys and the two fall in love. Life togeth...
32.2K 1K 29
He stared at the bodies on the ground , at the girl covered in blood . "you're late " she said standing up . her eyes narrowed at him and before she...
30.4K 1.1K 42
Winter, a pack slave, also known as Pseudo wolf by everyone, designated omega. Broken beyond repair and she learned to embrace it. But never in her l...