Kidge High School Fan Fiction

By flashq7

A fanfic about a shy girl Katie and a bad boy Keith in high school. (Cover is not mine) More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 3 and 4 (Keith's POV)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Keith's POV(Chapter 6)
Chapter 7
Keith's POV(Chapter 8)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Keith's POV(Chapter 21)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Keith's POV(Chapter 23)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author's Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Author's Note
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 8

2K 61 138
By flashq7

I follow Keith as he walks towards his friends, ducking my head and ignoring any whispers that surrounded us.

"Who is she?"

"She's the new kid."

"Really? Haven't seen her before."

"Why is she walking with Keith?"

"Yeah, I thought he did go for those type of girls?"

The last comment made me feel self-conscious, but I quickly rid myself of the thought. As Keith and I approached his friends, who were hanging around a group of bikes, they all turned around.

Everyone greeted him, either with a pat on the back or a bro hug(why people do that is beyond me), and then turned to me.

"Hey Keith, isn't that the girl who was looking for you yesterday?"

"Oh yeah, the attention seeking wh-"

Keith let out a growl that stunned his friends, and I backed away a little.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Mike," Keith said in a very angry tone. "She is my friend and I won't hesitate to put you in your place if you insult her."

I felt my cheeks heat up as I realized that Keith was defending me.

The guy who I assumed was Mike didn't show any acknowledgment of the threat as he said, "Woah dude, why are you becoming so defense over a chick. She's probably the girl from last week who didn't get the message. What happened to bros before h-"

Mike didn't get a chance to finish that sentence as Keith threw a punch straight at his face. Mike fell down to the ground, and anyone who was nearby stopped to see why Keith just hit one of his friends. 

"Katie is not a h**. And we are not bros anymore. A bro would not insult a girl that happens to be my friend," Keith growled out, obviously agitated at the word that his friend was about to use.

Even though I cringed at his word choice, I couldn't stop myself from being a bit happy that Keith was willing to defend me when we only met each other two days ago. 

His other friends looked at Keith, who looked back at them. They had some sort of silent conversation before breaking contact and helping Mike up. 

Mike gave me a glare before he went away with the other two guys who I did not get the names of. 

"K-Keith, a-are you o-okay?" I asked him tentatively, taking a small step towards him. 

He just nodded before taking a look around and seeing that many people were looking at him. 

"What are you guys looking at?" Keith shouted.

Everyone immediately went back to what they were doing. Keith then turned to me and said, "Let's go inside, okay Pidge?" 

"Okay," I said, glad that he was back to normal. Honestly, when he punched Mike in the face, he looked like he wanted to murder him. 

Once we were inside, I said a small bye to Keith before walking in the direction of my first class. A few seconds later, I could hear footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Keith was walking a few feet behind me. 

"Why are you following me?" I questioned. Doesn't he have to go to class?

"In case you haven't realized Pidge, we have the same first block class," he said with a smirk on his face, it growing bigger as I took in his words.

All I could muster out was a small "oh" before looking down at the ground, ashamed of myself. How could I not realize that he was in my class?

"Hey, let's go to class before we get lunch detention for being late," Keith said, noticing that I was uncomfortable.

My eyes widened at being late to my first class and I started running in the hallway before Keith's voice stopped me.

"Pidge, you're going the wrong way."

Blushing, I turned around and followed him.

Luckily, we made it to class on time.

----------------------------------------------
Chemistry was fine.

Except for the glares and whispers I got from other people whenever the teacher wasn't looking.

"Look, it's that new girl."

"Oh yeah, her. I heard that Keith defended her in the parking lot."

"Why her, though?"

"They are supposedly friends?"

"Wow, she thinks that Keith Kogane is actually her friend?"

"Yeah, he is probably pitying her."

"Still, who would want to pity a nerd like her."

That last comment brought water to my eyes and I quickly wiped them away before anybody could see. Then, I asked Keith if we could switch spots.

"Why?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"N-nothing, I-I just w-want to s-sit where y-y-you are sitting," I replied, praying that I didn't sound like I was close to bursting into tears.

Dang it Katie! Why are you acting like a crybaby!

"Katie, what's wrong?" Keith asked, seeing through my act. 

"I-I said n-n-nothing is w-wrong!" I said, my voice giving out at the end. 

Tears started falling from my eyes and I tried to wipe them away before Keith would see them, but he held my hands as he brushed away the tears.

"Aww, Pidge, why are you crying?" He asked in a worried voice, wondering why I suddenly started crying.

I just put my head down, not wanting to tell him the real reason why. I mean, it was stupid enough anyway. Who cries when they hear someone say something mildly mean about them?

"Okay, I will switch spots with you, but you have to tell me what's wrong. When Matt sees that you have been crying, I am going to be the one who will most likely get hurt," he said as he picked up his stuff and switched seats with me.

I laughed at the thought of Matt getting mad at Keith, and I could see Keith smile in the corner of my eye, glad that I had finally stopped being sad.

The rest of class went through smoothly; no one made any comments about me, and slowly, Keith stopped giving me so many looks to make sure I was okay. It was a bit annoying, but it warmed my heart that he was actually worried about me.

Once the bell rang, we both went outside to go to our lockers. Then, we parted ways to go to our second and third blocks.

After third block ended, I went to my locker and saw that Lance and Hunk were waiting for me. I said a quick hi to them, which they said back, and I got all of my materials out of my locker for English. Then, we started walking to class. Although Lance wasn't in the same class as Hunk and I, he had it in the same hall, so all three of us could walk together.

"So, Katie, how was your first day at Voltron High," Hunk asked me as we walked up the stairs.

"I-It was p-pretty good," I replied, not knowing what else to say. 

"Anything interesting happen?" Lance questioned, a curious look on his face. 

"N-no," I replied, confused when both of them gave each other a knowing look.

"Are you sure?" Because I heard from multiple sources that you and a certain Mr. Bad Boy are friends right now," Lance said, smirking.

I looked down and blushed. "W-well, t-that's nothing."

"C'mon Katie, that's big news. Keith isn't just friends with anyone you know," Hunk said, sounding exasperated that I was brushing off the fact that Keith and I were just friends.

"Ok," I said, not knowing what else I was supposed to say. Both of them dropped the topic and we continued our journey to fourth block.

When it was time for lunch, Hunk and I stopped by our lockers to get our packed lunch before heading towards the cafeteria. Like yesterday, Lance was sitting on a table in the corner, but he wasn't alone. Instead, there was another guy chatting with him. Confused, Hunk and I walked towards the table, and when the mystery guy turned around, I instantly recognized who it was.

Keith.

"Hey Pidge, Hunk." Keith smiled at me and gave a small nod to Hunk, which he returned. 

We both waved to him and Lance as we sat down at the table. I was forced to sit with Keith since there were no other spots except for the one next to Lance, which Hunk took. 

Lance and Hunk started talking about something while I started to eat my lunch. A few seconds later, I felt someone's eyes on me and saw that Keith was just looking at me.

"W-what?" I asked, blushing. 

"Are you just going to ignore me, your best friend?" he asked, a hand on his heart, mocking hurt.

Feeling guilty, I started to blabber, "I-I-I am s-sorry! I d-didn't m-mean to-"

"Calm down Pidge, it was just a joke," Keith said, stopping me from my torture. I just nodded, embarrassed that I couldn't even recognize a joke. 

"Hey," a voice cut through, "I thought I was your best friend!" Lance exclaimed.

Not wanting to hurt his feelings, I said, "You all are m-my friends."

"But I wanna be your best friend," Lance whined, earning a glare from Keith.

"Pidge is my best friend, so shut up Lance," Keith said, pulling me closer to him, making me squeak out in surprise.

Lance just smirked and said, "A little jealous, are we Mullet?"

Keith just groaned and replied, "Stop calling me Mullet?"

And that was how lunch went on: Lance kept on teasing Keith, I tried to talk to Keith a little bit, and Hunk enjoyed the free source of entertainment that laid out before him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Chapter 8 is finally up!

So, Keith now has new friends: Pidge, Lance(kind of), and Hunk. 

What do you think of the story so far?

Who is your favorite character?

I really thank everyone who is still reading this story!

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 116K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
86.8K 4.8K 34
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
136K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1M 55K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...