These Days

By HolyTrinity513

These days, anything can happen. More

Today-1
Crushing-2
Pour It Up-3
What did I do?-4
Going back-5
We Did That-6
Three Way-7
Shooketh-8
Planning-9
Crystal light-10
Neva da answer-11
Frauds-12
The Great Escape-13
Over it-14
No breaks-15
You deserve an explanation-16
Parental Roles-17
Never Lasts-18
Drastic Measures-19
Goodbye-20
Schooled-21
Loose Ends-22
Retaliation-23
Now Boarding-24
Those Days

Sneak Peek

1.4K 84 15
By HolyTrinity513

First off, I just wanna say I love y'all with my whole heart! ❤️💙💜 I really didn't think my story would get 100 votes let alone over 1,000. 😭I wanna thank everyone who's every voted and commented, if you can send that love to my other story that's kind of an in between story until the sequel comes, that would be nice. Ain't nothing wrong with a little self promo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd also like to thank my future fiancé Symonebranson for shouting out my story even though sometimes I really hate her. So yeah, like I said I promise the sequel will be out on Onika's birthday so....see you guys there. Maybe I'll see some of y'all on my other story *cough* Stay Down *cough* even though it's just straight up Beynika...but it's a little different. You'll see.

Anyway I'm gonna shut my no neck ass up and get on with your little sequel tease...

Enjoy!

Secret POV that you won't know until later....unless of course you somehow guess it.

I lifted a forkful of cake from our shared saucer, to my mouth.
"What do you think, baby?" she asked me while taking a sip of water from her glass. I zoned out, looking into her eyes as she innocently peered at me while swallowing.

"I don't like it...it's too...I don't know..." I was having trouble finding words that wouldn't somehow offend her.
"It's too...me, isn't it?" she let my hand go and leaned back in her chair. She crossed her arms and looked at me with an unamused expression.

"Is that what I said?"
"No...but I know you. I can tell. If you don't like something, you get this weird...apprehensive look on your face." she leaned forward before propping her head up on the table with her fists.

"Next we have...a vanilla bean cake with honey simple syrup and a brown butter, buttercream." The woman who owned the quaint little shop said before switching out the previous saucer for the new one.

I watched the love of my life, clean her fork off with a napkin. I always noticed the meticulous and insignificant things that she would do. Things that she probably wouldn't even notice that she does.

I put a small piece of the cake onto my fork before lifting it to my mouth. I was actually satisfied, somewhat. Something that was hard to come by in my life.

"I like it." I said with a nod before taking another piece willingly. She giggled. It always somehow had an effect on me.

"That's funny because I hate it. Who knew that picking out a wedding cake was going to be so hard?" she gave an exasperated sigh.

"It's alright baby. We've somehow made it almost two whole years...all full of compromises. I think we can figure out the cake situation." I grabbed her hand causing her to blush. I just stared at her while I rubbed the pad of my thumb against the back of her hand.

Next POV, this one you can probably guess...

"Get the hell out." I said before handing her the pencil skirt and thong that I had ripped off of her about 20 minutes before.

"Why do you keep playing with me? It's like one second, you want me then the next I'm just your assistant." She slipped back on her thong and pencil skirt with a slight aggression.

"I think ya getting too ahead of yourself. You're most definitely just my assistant." I gave her a fake smile before kicking her heels towards her.

"Whatever. You treat me like absolute shit, I just thought you should know. It's something you should try to work on...just saying." She said before sliding her feet into her heels and fixing her blouse.

"And yet, you're the only person I treat like absolute shit dat continues to come back. Maybe that's something YOU should work on, lovely." I smirked at the troubled look on her face. I knew I was right...she knew I was right, and this is how every conversation goes when it comes to her.

"I am SO tired of you. If you weren't the one signing my paycheck, this conversation would be going a completely different way so don't think you're all big and fucking bad...cuz you're not." She turned and walked to the door.

"Wait!"I called out after her. She swiftly turned around, probably expecting me to confess how much I wanted her, how much I needed her, how much I constantly craved her. She wasn't getting that shit. At least not from me.

"I told you to fax and sort these papers." I gestured toward the stack of papers the size of 2 stacked dictionaries on my desk. She rolled her eyes and trudged over to my desk, struggling to lift them off of it.

"Thanks baybeh." I smacked her ass as a sign of gratification.
"Fuck you." She muttered as she left my office.
"Sure. How about next time tomorrow." I yelled after her right before the door shut.

Final POV...there will be more in the story than these but this is just a tease

I walked out of my newest building. I really never thought I'd make it this far. The cold, New York air was especially present this winter. I rubbed my cold hands together as I waited for my ride. I know, you'd think I have my own car. I do...it's just the uses of it are kind of complicated. I smiled graciously when my "driver" pulled up to the curb.

Right as I went to pull the handle, someone called out from behind me.

"Hey boss!" one of my receptionists ran towards me with what looked like an envelope in their hand. If I would've known what was in that stupid ass envelope and the problems that would've been brought with it, then I can assure you that I would've opened the car door, and never came back.

"This was dropped off by the mailman earlier for you." He handed me the thin, golden yellow envelope.

"Thanks." I said before opening the passenger door to the truck and being hit with the warmth of the heat on full blast.

"How was your day?" My roommate asked me.

"Eh... same old, same old. I got a new offer though. I don't know if I'll take it but...it's something." I shrugged.

"That's good! What's that?" She asked while glancing between the envelope in my hand and traffic.

"Hell if I know. All I know is it's something for me. I don't usually get mail so...I'm a little nervous. Plus, this was like personally for me." I tossed the letter back and forth between my hands.

"So...you gonna open it?" She asked impatiently.

"Maybe when we get home, I guess." I relaxed in my seat and stared at the envelope. I was secretly hoping it was from Robyn...yeah it had been over a year since I'd last seen her...or even heard from her, but there was no reason I couldn't have faith.

After about 20 minutes of small talk and jokes, we pulled into the apartment complex. When we got to our door, I put in the code and pushed it open. The room was dimly lit and there were rose petals leading from the door, through the apartment, to my bedroom.

"What's all this?" I asked. I really wasn't expecting this.

"Well...I noticed you seemed a little tense lately...and it's been a while since we've been completely alone." She said before closing the door behind me.

Yep. You caught me. My roommate...is my roommate. But getting sexual favors as well as splitting the rent has never hurt anyone, just saying.

"Go to the room baby, I'll get us some wine." She traced her hand down my back before walking into the kitchen. I winced as I took off my heels and put my hair into a loose bun. I walked into my room, tossed my heels by the door, the letter on the nightstand, and sat down on the bed, sinking down into the pillowy duvet.

My roommate came back into the room and sat next to me, handing me a glass of wine. I looked over at her tiredly, she puckered her lips cutely and I pecked them.

"You should really open that letter baby, you don't need any added stress." She suggested before planting an open mouth kiss on my neck.

"I know...you're right." I tiredly reached over to the nightstand and grabbed the envelope I had dreaded opening.

I slid my nail under the flap and tore it open before reaching inside, taking out the formally decorated teal and gold invitation. I scanned the embroidery and the letter before actually reading the words.

"We're Getting Married!" I read aloud.
"Who's getting married baby?" she asked confusedly.
I scanned the letter a little more and my jaw dropped.
"Oh hell no!"

I really didn't think this little sneak peek would be that long but it kind of gives you a hint as to what happens between the original book and the sequel without giving away any names or anything...it's a lot messier than y'all think just because there's very little background. Expect the unexpected. 😈Hope to see y'all either on Stay Down or December 8th!!!!

Any guesses about the POVs?

What do you guys think happened to the people in the POVs?

Who are the people in each one that the main characters are interacting with? I'm interested by what y'all think.

Oh yeah and if you have suggestions for more characters in the sequel, I'll take them here.

1450 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 1.7K 13
Oneshots/short stories that I'm thinking about converting into a book at some point. This is where all my ideas for stories go so always come over an...
93.5K 3.6K 21
Beyoncรฉ x Rihanna
72.8K 3.8K 40
โœฟโฏโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ€Œโœฟใ€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โฎโœฟ ๐™๐™๐™ง๐™š๐™š ๐™‚๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก๐™จ. ๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ค๐™ข. ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™–๐™™๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ก๐™ž๐™—๐™ง๐™–...
97.5K 3.3K 39
A collection of stories featuring our favorite fictional couple! #Beynika #1 Beynika story as of 9-12-21! #1 Onika Maraj story as of 9-13-21.