Dangerous Secrets

By MiddleChildCrisis

AUTHORS NOTE: This was written when I was 14, its not my best work and can definitely use some editing, which... More

Chapter One - Rediscovery
Chapter Two - Awkward
Chapter Three - Introductions
Chapter Four - Shock
Chapter Five - The Ex
Chapter Six - Addiction
Chapter Seven - Nerves
Chapter Eight - Stubborn
Chapter Nine - Fear
Chapter Ten - Bruised Inside
Chapter Eleven - Together
Chapter Twelve - Warning
Chapter Thirteen - Broken
Chapter Fourteen - Recall
Chapter Sixteen - Genius
Chapter Seventeen - Memories
Chapter Eighteen - Cookie
Chapter Nineteen - Desperation
Chapter Twenty - Force
Chapter Twenty One - Stolen
Bane's First Steps
Andrews Story Anyone?

Chapter Fifteen - Gone

9.5K 238 11
By MiddleChildCrisis

This Chapters For ForeverAndADay, she helped me with some ideas when i was stuck and fined down my own ideas, best friend ever. Love you ForeverAndADay. and all you other readers as well. 

I know you waited ages for this chapter, and here it is through all my technical diffuculties. i hope to put another chapter up soon, but i want 20 more votes guys thats 308 votes guys.  

i'm having some trouble with my internet, telstra is fucking up, we had 2GB left yesterday when both me and my brother got off and when we got back on today, we were 800MB over, and no one had been on. so.. i hope i can get it up. thats for waiting.

KAINS POV 

It didn't feel right, leaving them at home alone. But Flands and Saras said it would be good to give them some alone time.  

By the time we pulled into the driveway, I was so anxious it wasn't funny.  

I got out of the car and bounded up the steps. By the time I had the door unlocked and was running through it, Flands and Saras were just getting out of the car.  

Silence.  

The house was silent.  

'Haddiean!' I yelled, 'Jody!' I looked in the kitchen and it was empty. I dashed through the house, I could hear Flands and Saras calling out as well.  

I reached Haddieans room, and the names caught in my throat, there they were, in bed, asleep.  

I shushed the cops and crept into the room, looking down at them in the bed. They were smiling, I looked a little closer, whats that between them?  

Its Benji! I reached out and stroked his cheek, he made one of his incoherent baby sounds and snuggled closer to Jody.  

I looked over at Flands and Saras, 'Its Benji, He's back!'

HADDIEANS POV 

They asked us a million questions, when did we find him, what were we doing, what happened after.  

I sorta didn't mind answering the questions. I sat on the couch, Jody on my lap, Benji in her arms. Cliché but who cares, maybe we like clichés?  

We were kept on lockdown, just for a few days to give them time to find the kiddnapper.  

I didn't particularly care, it was too keep us safe, but it sent Jody crazy. She was worried out of her mind about Bain, Sheid tried calling but he wasn't answering.  

'What if something happened to him?' she asked me.  

We were sitting on my bed, just about to go to bed.  

'How about we get Flands and Saras to go by and check on him? Just to make sure?'  

She nodded, but still unsure.

FLANDS POV 

As we approached the house I got an uneasy feeling. The house was silent, quiet as. 

No cars were out the front and the windows were dark.  

Exchanging a worried glance with Kell, we walked up the front steps. 

Pulling out my weapon I pressed my shoulder to the wall beside the door. As Kell did the same, I listened carefully, but I heard no sound. Not good.  

'Police!' 

We pushed open the door and walked inside, my heart sank. Tables were turned and papers were thrown across the floor. We walked through the house once to make sure that we were alone, then I looked over at Kell and sighed.  

'how are we going to tell Jody?' 

Kell just shook his head and rubbed his face with his hands.  

'I have no idea, lets get a forensics team in here and see if we get any matches on what we found at the Perry house'

JODYS POV 

Gone. Bain was gone? Just like that? No trace or anything? 

I stared at the two cops and just blinked. 'But he can't be just gone' I protested.  

'Jody, we'll get him back' 

Kain snorted, 'What like you got Benji back?' 

The cops straightened and glared at Kain, 'what's that supposed to mean?' 

'You know what I mean. Now how about you go do your job and find the poor kid, and let us deal here' 

The cops glared at Kain one last time and left, without even saying another word to me or Haddiean. 

'Whats the matter dad?' 

I looked over at Haddiean, he was watching his father with wide eyes.  

Kain was sitting on the couch, his head in his hands and his shoulders slowly moving up and down.  

Kain stayed how he was for a minute, then he spoke.  

'Denny, I think its about time I told you about Madalyne' 

Haddiean shifted his feet where he stood, 'whos Madalyne Dad?' 

Kain laughed, a harsh laugh that made my skin crawl.  

'Madalyne was a beautiful little girl, the most beautiful girl I ever laid eyes on'  

Haddiean sat down on the couch next to me and gripped my hand tight. I could feel the fear radiating off of him and I squeezed his hand.  

'Who was she?' Haddieans voice shook.  

Kain lifted his head and searched Haddieans face for a long time. The room was silent and the only movement was the rise and fall of our bodys as we drew in each breath.  

'Maddy was your twin sister' 

Kain dropped his head back into his hands at the same time that Haddieans hand went slack. He fell back against the back of the couch and gaped at his father.  

'your lying' 

I don't know what he expected, but what Haddiean said wasn't what Kain was expecting. He jumped to his feet and grabbed both of Haddieans hands in his.  

'She... died when you were 8' he told Haddiean.  

Haddiean shrank back against the couch, clinging to my hand.  

'how?' 

Kain sat back on his heels and pressed his face into Haddieans knees.  

'Your mother took you' his voice was filled with tears, and laced with pain.  

'she just upped and took you for some reason. I don't know why and I always wonder' He sniffed 'she came back after a week, you were crying your eyes out and Maddy was gone. Dead'  

Kain fell silent, we all fell silent.  

I put my arms around Haddiean and held him tight, I could feel how hard he was fighting not to cry.  

'We buried her, told everyone that she'd died of pneumonia. You didn't remember a thing, doctors said it was a type of Post Trumatic Stress disorder. That you were to distressed by her death and your brain just blocked it out' 

He lifted his head, gave a watery smile. 'the two of you were so close, almost like one' 

'Why? Why did you stay with her?' Haddieans voice was a harsh whisper and he pressed his face into my shoulder.  

'I..she..we' Kain stuttered.  

'Why?' Haddiean yelled it this time, making both me and Kain jump. 

'She threatened to kill you too. I knew she was capable of doing it. Shed already proved that' 

Kain bowed his head, 'I couldn't loose you too' 

Haddiean sat up straight. 'Thats not a good enough excuse, you could have gone to the police, done something'  

Kain sat up straight too, wiping at his eyes, 'What did you just go through? Remember that? I went through that and worse, I didn't get one back'  

Kain was talking harshly now, angrily, 'don't you tell me what I could have or should have done, what would you have done, if you were me? In my position?' 

He gave Haddieans knee a shove, 'I wasn't prepared to risk loosing another, you off all people should know how that feels, you almost lost your son today, but you got lucky'  

He stod up and looked down at Haddiean, 'you got lucky' he repeated, 'but next time you might not'

------ 

------ 

------ 

------ 

Haddiean sat on the floor, leaning on the bed. He watched Benji through the mesh of the portable crib.  

'dads right, we did almost loose him'  

I nodded and stroked a hand over his hair, murmuring an agreement.  

He pressed his face to his knees and sniffed, 'god, Madda. I remember her now'  

He turned and climbed up onto the bed beside me, curling into a ball like a kitten and laying his head on the mattress beside my waist.  

'she looked just like me. Almost identical. And she had this beautiful fairy laugh'  

He broke then and started crying.  

I couldn't imagine what it must be like, to have someone like that, a twin, another half of you. And then to loose her like that, and for your mother to be responsible. At that age, children think that the world revolves around their mother, they depend on her for everything. 

Haddiean lost his mother and his sister on the same day.  

Kain, what he must have gone through, that I can't imagine. The pain he must have felt. And to be put through all that other stuff years later. To watch his wife beat his remaining child.  

They would make up. Tomorrow we'd get up, and at breakfast, they'd look at each other and apologise, hug and laugh about some stupid thing and it'll all be back to normal.  

Oh god, I hope it all goes back to normal.

Go to my profile and Check out my current story; Catch the Sunrise. Its about a girl who has to deal with the world and the people responsible, after the death of her twin brother. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 8.5K 43
Grace Griffin Roman Parker They are nothing alike. Grace is a socialite, always invited to the latest parties, always making an appearance somewhere...
1.8M 56.7K 37
Working at one of New York's largest companies as personal assistant to Mr Steele, owner and CEO of Steele industries is great. I enjoy my job and ge...
100K 3K 51
I stared into his dark eyes and l saw a complete stranger. I couldn't recognise the person he had become. The eyes that once sparkled with unbridled...
14.9K 380 19
Tyler Evans is bestfriends with Amanda Green . The typical sweet and gentleman like boy that everyone likes but sometimes he can be a badboy when he...