A Broken Destiny [Short Story]

De ByoonBaekmi

destiny \'des-tə-nē\ noun : the things that someone will experience in the future : something to which a pers... Mais

◀ 2 ▶
◀ 3 ▶
◀ 4 ▶
◀ 5 ▶

◀ 1 ▶

723 32 36
De ByoonBaekmi

L E E T A E M I N. The guy who let me feel what true love is. He makes me feel that I deserve to be loved.

He's the only guy who made me feel so happy. He brought smiles into my face and into my heart without doing a thing. I'm in love with him.

"What's with the heavy sigh, Nangni? Tell me about it." I look at the person sitting in front of me and immediately flash a smile.

'Lucky you. What do you have-that I don't-that he chose you?'

"This is nothing, really. I'm just thinking about some school stuffs. We just have a lot of things to do. Our professors really love to see us tired and restless. Tsk." And suddenly Taemin laughed so I look at him and raise a brow.

'Did I say something funny?'

But his laugh is really soothing. Hearing his laugh takes away the heaviness that I feel.

"Yah. Why are you laughing?" My eyes are on them as Seulgi playfully pinched Taemin on the arm which made the latter laughed even more. I just look away.

'I thought you already accepted it, Son Naeun?'

'I already acknowledge their relationship but I just can't avoid getting hurt.'

"I just found Nangni cute." I turn to Taemin with a confused look.

'Really, cute? I'm not cute. I'm gorgeous.'

"It was your decision to take up Mechanical Engineering, so what's the fuss? I remembered you telling me once that you want to be a interior designer. I never ever thought that you're going to be an engineer."

I showed him my small fist but he just laughed at me, raising both of his hands as a sign of surrender.

I hate this 'bully' side of him. He irritates me so much.

I mentally sigh out of regret. I didn't expect to see them here at the mall today. If only I noticed them first, I could have avoided them and didn't have to see them being lovey-dovey.

Good thing we're not studying in the same university or else...I don't know what will happen to my heart seeing them happy.

"By the way, why are you here at the mall, Nangni? Do you have something to buy?" I look at Seulgi and shake my head. I then look at my wristwatch only to find out that it's already 3pm.

"I'm waiting for a blockmate. We're going to make a plan for our project." And now I doubt if that guy will come here. He should be here at any minute cause I need to go home before 5pm. "How about the two of you? I might have disturbed your date."

"We just roam around the mall to spend some time together. We'll be both busy next week because final term is fast approaching." I just nod my head at Taemin who answered my question.

Suddenly, I felt my phone was vibrating in the pocket so I took it. Finally. This crazy guy insinuate himself by calling me.

"Excuse me. I just need to answer this call." They both nodded at me so I flash a small smile while I stood up and walked away from them. "Yah pabo, where are you?"

(Chillax, honeybunch. I'm already at the entrance. I was stuck in the middle of the road because of the heavy traffic.)

I roll my eyes. Here we go again, blaming the traffic when we can leave early so we can not get late on the scheduled time. Tsk.

"Stop with that pet name. Let's meet near the entrance of the foodcourt, you get it?"

(Roger that, boss. I'm on my way.)

"Hurry. Tsk!" I ended the call. I make my way back to our table and get my bag. "I need to go. My blockmate is already here. Thanks for the time, Gigi and Minmin." I kiss Seulgi's cheek at bump my fist on Taemin's.

"You won't introduce him to us?" I let out a small laugh. Maybe she thinks that Jongin is a special person in my life.

"Fine I'll send him a mes-" I stop when Jongin's name and contact photo appeared on the screen.

(Where are you? I'm already here near the foodcourt's entrance.)

I immediately look at the entrance and see him looking everywhere for me.

"Look at your left side. I'm wearing a red shirt. I'll wave my hand for you to see me."

(Okay.)

I even notice him nodding his head so I chuckle. I immediately wave my hand when his eyes went in our direction.

(Now I see you. You didn't tell me you have company.)

I turn to look at Seulgi and Taemin and I notice them looking at Jongin's direction.

"Is that him? That guy wearing a red shirt?" I simply nod at Taemin before I turn to look at Jongin. He's on his way towards us.

"Yup, my highschool friends. I want to introduce you to them." I answer him and then end the call since he's already near.

"Hi Boss." He greeted and made a salute. I playfully roll my eyes before I heard Seulgi's laugh from my back.

"Whatever." I immediately pull him close to our table. "Jongin, meet Seulgi and Taemin. Seulgi, Taemin, he's Jongin."

"It's nice to meet you, Jongin. Please take care of my sister." Seulgi chuckled as they shakehands. I deadpan.

"There will be no problem with that sister-in-law, I mean, Seulgi-ssi. Hahaha!" I just send them a glare. "Bro." He greeted Taemin as they shakehands. As a response, Taemin just nodded at him. "Thanks for accompanying Sonna. I was stuck on a heavy traffic."

"Just tell us that you played PUBG with Sehun and Baekhyun last night so you wake up late. So hard-headed."

"Ouch. You're really a sadist, boss." And he scoured his arm that I pinched.

"Awwww. You look cute together. Jongin-ssi please be patient with Nangni. She's really likes to hit others. Even Taemin was a victim."

I feel like Jongin is looking at me so I also look at him.

'Was it them?'

His eyes seemed questioning me so I smiled at him, obviously fake smile. I suddenly feel one of his hands on my shoulder, tapping me.

"It's okay. I also got used to this lady. Since freshman years, I was already her target. I think she has a crush on m-ow!" And I flash my sweetest smile after I squeeze his thigh.

"Please~ he's not my crush. This guy is so shameless, really."

"But we do look good together, right? We're actually a loveteam in our block. It's because she follows me around." I glare at Jongin. Now he's making up stories.

"We're just bestfriends. I don't have a choice since I'm the only lady in our block." I explain to defend myself.

Just to let you know, Seulgi is very supportive when it comes to guys who are linked to me. She's very much excited to see me having a boyfriend. Sucks, but I don't really have a boyfriend. Since birth.

"Do your blockmates treat you nastily?" Taemin suddenly asked so we looked at him.

"We don't do that to the block's only princess, bro. We treat her as our little sister so you really don't have to worry." I smile at Jongin's answer. "Anyways, we need to go. We still have to buy materials for our project. And Sonna, Junmyeon is on the way with the gang."

My eyes light up. "So their girlfriends are with them too?" He immediately nodded. "Let's go." Jongin just flashed a small smile as we both stood up. He then picked up my bag and put it on his shoulder. "Gigi, Minmin, we'll go now."

"Sure Nangni. Jongin-ssi, please take care of my bestie. She's precious to us." I smile at Seulgi while Jongin nodded his head.

"See you some other time." I waved my hand as we walked away from them.

'At last! No more pretentions.' I deeply sigh.

I'm Son Naeun. I'm in love with my boybestfriend Taemin who happens to be my girlbestfriend's boyfriend.

• • •

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY TO THIS BEAUTIFUL LADY INSIDE AND OUTSIDE! THANK YOU FOR EXISTING! 💕

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

80.5K 5.6K 60
Shubish oneshots because why not. Mainly fluff with a little angst on the side. Ps- I wanted to write like a long story but I lack a good main plot a...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
The Boyfriend App De Mon D Rea

Ficção Adolescente

1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
4.8M 254K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...