Risk

By MarkVictorYoung

Martin is a 38-year-old virgin marked for greatness by the insurance gods. In his professional life, he is pa... More

Prelude
The Loss
The Courier
After Work
Dinner Out
The Screw Up
Song of the Subway
The Opportunity
The Inspection
The Other Loss
The Contact
The Fight
Holly Gets an Offer
Martin Gets an Offer
The Dinner Idea
Change of Scene
Walk in the Park
The Risk Inspection
Three Guys Walk into a Bar
Elevator Embarrassment
Facing the Music
Now what?
What's next?
Lunch Date
One Nervous Nellie
Having a Moment
George Gives Notice
The Phone Call
The Other Phone Call
Captured
The Trap
The Rats Arrive
A Sound
The Chase
Shock
Martin Takes a Risk
CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 (legal stuff)

Run

1.2K 84 2
By MarkVictorYoung

The sick feeling was rising in Martin even as he was talking to George on the phone. The suddenness of it, the silence of it, just red instantly appearing on the gray shirt, and the body crumpling to the floor, and even then, the idea appearing in his mind: he had set this whole thing up. He had set up that poor security guard for death as surely as if he’d shot him himself. Widowed a woman he’d never met, perhaps orphaned his children. Didn’t even check what new protection they might have brought in. Thought the whole thing was exciting, like cops and robbers. And now a man lay dead.

The nausea swelled up insistently within him and then found its way out. He fell over and vomited onto the pavement floor of the alleyway, coughing and spluttering. His stomach heaved again, and he tried to choke it down, but it came up anyway. Again he coughed, and then he looked up at the building across the road only to see the man with the gun looking in his direction now. The man motioned inside the unit and started walking towards Martin. Martin’s heart turned over in his chest.

He stood up quickly and ran down the alleyway in the dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11 0 1
Felix Jaynes is a special agent for the Real Life Immersion Program (also known as RLIP). A few months ago, she had a traumatic experience that cause...
9.5M 309K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
64.1K 1.1K 11
*I DO NOT OWN THIS NOVEL. THIS IS MY MOST MOST FAVORITE NOVEL AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SHARE IT HERE IN WATTPAD FOR YOU GUYS. That's right! She's...
3.8K 263 35
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...