Darkness and Lightness- (An E...

By byejpg

Delia Carlisle is having problems. She woke up in a psychiatric hospital after she hit rock bottom, and she s... More

Darkness and Lightness- (An Emo Love Story)
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 1- "Welcome to the Family"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 2- "4.4 Calories"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 3- "Sharing Sucks"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 4- "Dreams"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 5- "I Love You"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 6- "Sexy Warning"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 7- "Boyfriend?!"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 8- "Like What You See?"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 9- "Can You Say Filler?"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 10- "Bleeding"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 11- "Awoken"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 12- "Pack Your Bags"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 13- "He's Real"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 14- "The Wiles of Miles"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 15- "Drastic"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 16- "Lucky"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 17- "Names Suck"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 18- "Kyra... Bennett?"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 19- "Your Guardian Angel"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 20- "Dancing"
Darkness and Lightness- Teaser for Spin-Off!
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 21- "Showering"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 22- "Beautiful"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 23- "Big Mistakes"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 24- "Wait... Rome?!"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 25- "Key to my Heart"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 26- "SURPRISE!"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 27- "I Hate Him"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 28- "No Way In Hell"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 29- "Strong Like A Dragon"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 30- "Like Isa"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 31- "Sam?"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 32- "Birthday, Wedding, Death"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 33- "In Honor of Miles"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 35- "Favorite Fix"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 36- "Goodnight, Felix"
Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 37- "The End"
Sorry!

Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 34- "Relapse? Never."

12.8K 323 24
By byejpg

Hey guys, I've had crazy writer's block and like my brain was kinda acting up a little and I pretty much lost all will to do anything, but I'm back!!! I'm so sorry, I was gone for almost a week like omfg that's crazy.

But I was real done with being gone, so here I am!! c: Yay!

- - - - - - -

Delia's POV

Miles killled himself. He was gone. It was hard to come to grips with it, honestly. Hard to believe that he was gone. Hazel took it hardest, sobbing and crying and being dead in the brain for about a week, but I was numb to the grief. Until I read the letter again.

It was my fault he had died. It always would be. I chose Felix over Miles, and Miles ended his life pretty much because of me.

I thought about the upsides and downsides to it all as I pulled out my secret box of razors one day when Felix was at work and Sam had taken the twins to the park. Felix had tried to throw away all my razors, but he didn't know I hid some.

There were many downsides. I would lose progress in my healing. I could lose the twins. Felix might notice and get mad. But I wasn't thinking anymore. So I pulled a razor out and cut into my upper thigh, where no one could see. Where I could hide the cuts. I sliced, once, twice, three times, and laid back on the cool wooden floor of my bedroom, relishing in the sensation of pain and familiarity washing over me.

The blood slid down the curve of my legs and tickled me as it crept, dripping gently onto the floor.

The metallic smell was a comfort, the pain a blanket, and the razor an old friend.

But of course this wasn't a relapse. It was just a one time thing.

- - - - - - -

Scarlet droplets fell gently off of the word I had just carved into my hip. "Felix" was what my hip read to me, where only I could see, where only I would know where it was. 

The blood fell onto the tile of the shower floor, and I wiped some blood onto my finger and stared.

As I looked at the deep, dark, and dangerous red on my fingertips, I didn't know whether to be appalled, ashamed, or pleased.

- - - - - - -

Felix's POV

"Never again," Delia had told me when I asked her when she planned to cut again. I was satisfied with the answer, and threw away her razors.

She lied, apparently, because when I went to shower, the water slipping into the drain was a deep crimson. The color of blood and water. The color you only get when you cut in the shower. I was naked and wet, so I slung a towel around my waist and stormed into the bedroom, stumbling upon Delia crying on the bed.

I sat on the corner of our bed, and held Delia to me, feeling blood seeping onto me and shuddering gently, but hugging her tighter nonetheless.

She bled out her soul and her feelings and everything onto my lap, and when I glanced at the slices, I was horrified to see my name, yet I held her ever closer with everything I had inside me.

I looked upon her scars, the words fat and ugly and sad and emo carved into her thighs, and now the word Felix, my name, rested upon her hip. I brushed my fingers gently over the raised bumps along her wrists, and felt the old pain and when I looked into her eyes, I saw the new pain.

Never again would she feel this way.

I was her saviour and her prince. 

I would protect her, even if saving her sent me to heaven. That's what I told her on our wedding day, and I plan for it to be true until the day I die.

- - - - - - -

I'm not feeling well enough for an author's note. Basically vote and comment and everything and I love you guys, I'm so sorry about the lack of updates and I love you all.

I'm so sorry. ---> over there is felix and the song that inspired this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 193 23
Copia has been long struggling in his body, as being born female wasn't a good start for him. This is his journey through body dysphoria, through lov...
18 0 11
Ever woke up in a coma and realise things are not as you wish they were. Meet Michaela Parker, a young woman who is engaged to marry her 'match mad...
35.4K 2K 31
// BOOK THREE // *CONTAINS SPOILERS* Demi and I are doing better than ever after the two separate incidents that nearly took our lives. I'm working f...
95 20 10
Ophelia never fit in with the others in her school, she was too nerdy, too weird, too fat. She didnt want to be identified with any of that anymore a...