Destiny - JENLISA

By jenlisas_girl

Lisa is a police officer, Jennie is a doctor... Two women, an irresistible attraction and lots of obstacles... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note

Chapter 21

56.7K 1.3K 521
By jenlisas_girl

A/N: Hey guys, I just want to thank all of you who got this far. thank you for the reviews and feedback. it's been a nice ride.

Enjoy the conclusion <3

...

Lisa recognized her sister's whining tone even before she opened the door to Rose's room. Without bothering to disguise her smirk, she entered the room to find her sister engaged in a telephone conversation.

"I'm telling you mom, there's no need for me to spend any recovery time in Jersey. I'm fine...Honestly the doctor said my head scan is clear. She's only keeping me here for protocol sake." Rose juggled the receiver to the other ear and acknowledged Lisa's presence with a curt nod of her head. "I know mom, and I'm really sorry you got stuck in traffic, but Lisa is here now so you don't have to...yeah, yeah...Okay, hang on a second."

Rose shot daggers at her sister before thrusting the phone in Lisa's direction. "She wants to talk to you."

Lisa reached for the phone only to have Rose pull it back from her grasp. Rose narrowed her eyes threateningly at Lisa.

"Agree with her and you're dead meat."

Lisa's smirk became a full teasing grin as she snapped her fingers sharply then extended her hand for the phone.

Resolved to her fate, Rose relinquished the phone.

"Wimp," Lisa muttered as she brought the receiver up to her ear.

"Hi, mom...Yeah, I'm fine. I thought you'd be here by now." Lisa looked tauntingly at her sister. "Yeah, I hate traffic too...Rose? Oh, I don't know she looks okay to me. No more banged up than usual...No, I haven't spoken to the doctor in the last couple of hours, but she had told me she'd keep Rose for observation anyway...Yes, that will give you plenty of time to get here." She stifled a chuckle when Rose rolled her eyes in exasperation. "Okay mom, Love you too. See you later."

"I hate you," Rose barked.

"No you don't." Lisa put the receiver back onto its cradle as she leaned in toward Rose's ear and whispered, "You love me."

"Whatever." Rose extended her lip into a pout that any five year old would be proud of. "Where did you disappear to anyway?"

"Duty called. We finally had a lead on that son of a bitch we've been trying to catch."

"So, you got him?"

"Yeah," Lisa said with a satisfied head shake. "We got him alright but not before he blew a hole through Jin's best suit."

"Jin's alright?"

"Yeah, he'll live to hear his wife say 'I told you so'." She tousled her sister's hair making it a little unruly. "How's the head?"

"Better. Doc gave me something for—" Rose's eyes widened at Lisa's torn jacket sleeve. "Hey, it looks like Jin wasn't the only one to get his clothing trashed. Wait, is...is that blood?"

"Oh that? It's nothing." Lisa shrugged dismissively.

"Nothing my ass, you're bleeding and that more than likely means you've been hurt." Rose pressed the call button for a nurse. "Were you shot or something?"

Lisa didn't answer, she simply shrugged.

Rose shook her head in exasperation. "What are you, a magnet that attracts nothing but hot chicks and bullets?"

Lisa chuckled "I think it runs in the family." She looked down at her arm and then back at Rose who continued to jab the call button. "What are you doing?"

"I'm calling my nurse, moron. You need a doctor."

"No, I don't need—" Lisa stopped mid-sentence when the door burst open to a very annoyed looking Jisoo.

"For as many times as you've pushed that damn call bell you'd better be dying." Jisoo glared at Rose.

"Nope, I'm not dying at all. Actually, I'm fine. Thanks for thinking about me though." Rose offered cynically.

"Look, I have some really sick patients to attend to." Jisoo placed her hands on her hips. "I don't have time to play any silly—"

"She was shot." Rose fired off in a rush as he pointed accusatorially at her sister.

Jisoo's quickly riveted in Lisa's direction. "Were you?"

"It's just a scratch really." Lisa offered indicating her wound.

"Let me take a look at it."

"It's nothing." Lisa withdrew her arm as Jisoo stepped closer to her.

Jisoo let out an impatient sigh. "Remove your jacket."

Lisa complied hesitantly. "Are you always this bossy?"

"Like an Amazon." Rose winked flirtingly at Jisoo.

"Anyway," Jisoo examined Lisa's arm briefly then turned, grabbed some gauze and pressed them against the wound. "Here, keep pressure on it. I'm going to get Doctor Kim."

"No, we don't need Doctor Kim." Lisa argued as Jisoo raised a questioning eyebrow. "She must be busy, I mean, she has lots of patients to take care of. Like you said, 'you have lots of sick patients'..." She sighed when Jisoo's expression didn't change. "Please, couldn't you just clean it up and put a band-aid on it or something?"

Jisoo pretended to think for a minute. "Nope, I'm going to get Doctor Kim."

Lisa's shoulders slumped in defeat after Jisoo left the room. "Jennie's going to freak."

"Jennie?" Rose was intrigued. "What is the deal with you and that doctor anyway?"

"Why there's nothing much, I mean, aside from the part that she saved my life of course."

"Saved your life? You mean like the last time you were shot?"

"Yeah, I owe her,"

"You bet you do."

Lisa pulled the gauze away and looked at her arm. "I owe her in more ways than one," She mumbled under her breath.

"Sounds like you have more than a professional relationship going on. Am I correct?"

"Why do you ask?"

"God, Lisa, you looked like some white knight carrying her out of here in your arms earlier." Just then the light bulb in Rose's brain glowed brighter. "You slept with her, didn't you?" Rose watched as her sister paled and it spurred Rose on to tease Lisa even further. "And you liked it."

Lisa could feel the heat of a blush coming up her neck. "Oh no," Lisa shook her head in an attempt to stop it. "I spent the last two hours brushing off Jin's questions and I'm not going to—"

"So, Jin's onto it too. It must be true." Rose's eyes widened as Lisa's shoulders slumped in admission. "Shit Lisa, can you please wait until she discharges me before you dump her?"

"Dump her?"

"Yeah, because I can think of too many painful and unnecessary exams she can order just to get even."

"You're an ass. I'm not dumping her."

Too absorbed in her on outrageous thoughts, Rose rambled on. "First she'll want to collect a blood sample, then she'll order a pap test before she sends me for a consult with a gynaecolo—" Lisa's words finally hit her sister. "What did you say?"

"I said...I'm not dumping her."

"That's what you always do, so why not now?" Rose looked more confused than she was right after the explosion. "What's wrong with her?"

"Don't you mean what's RIGHT with her?"

"Huh?" Rose shook her head then tapped her ear several times with her hand as if to dislodge something in it. "I don't think I heard you right."

Lisa chuckled at her sister lack of eloquence. "I think...I think I'm in love with her, Rose."

Rose's jaw dropped. "I-I'm...I'm speechless."

"So was I unnie, from the moment I realized that she was real I was speechless too."

Rose shook her head in bewildered amazement. "Damn! She got to you, didn't she?"

"Yes, she did. Somehow she busted right through the walls I've built around my heart like a bulldozer on a mission to destroy."

"I know what you mean, I've noticed a few cracks in mine too lately," Rose confided as they shared a complicit moment.

....

From outside the door, Jisoo nearly melted after hearing Lisa's declaration. She felt so happy for her best friend that she couldn't stop a grin to envelope her face.

"It's not nice to eavesdrop."

Jisoo jumped back. "I wasn't eavesdropping."

"Yes you were," Jennie teased. "Heard anything interesting?"

"Maybe," Jisoo grasped Jennie's arm and stepped away from the door. "Can I ask you something?"

Jennie's brow furrowed at the sudden seriousness on Jisoo's voice. "Sure."

"Are you sure about you and Lisa?"

"What do you mean?"

"This relationship...I know that you're in love with her, but it's a big change and—"

"Do you think I'm experimenting?"

"Are you?"

"I've asked myself that question a couple of the times and...I can't explain it Jisoo, but somehow I feel that Lisa is the one true love that I didn't even realized I was waiting for." Jennie admitted honestly. "She's so much more than just a fling. Lisa is someone I could grow old with. It sounds crazy because technically we don't even know each other that well, but I know she's the one, and I'm not afraid to fight for her love." Jennie offered a shy smile. "Does that make any sense?"

"Totally." Jisoo let out a satisfied breath and glanced at Rose's room. "Hey, Jennie, you don't have to come by my place tonight. I think I just got all the answers that I needed."

Jennie looked quizzically at her. "So, you paged me for some girl talk?"

"Nope. Actually I paged you because the love of your life has a flesh wound that is bleeding out and she insists it's just a scratch."

"What? Where is she?"

Jisoo stepped away from the door and pointed toward Rose's room.

A mixture of fear, concern, and done right outrage crossed over Jennie's features before she rushed unceremoniously inside.

"Lisa, Jisoo said you've been hurt." Jennie visually checked Lisa searching for any sign of distress. "What happened?"

Startled by the sudden entrance, Lisa motioned to the arm that she was still putting pressure on. "Like I told Nurse Tattletale, it is nothing."

Jennie grasped Lisa's arm and gently removed the gauze to exam the wound. "God, were you shot again?"

"Maybe," Lisa admitted sheepishly. "I went to arrest our friend, Sergeant Pain-in-the-ass and he put up a little bit of a fight."

Jennie cleaned some of the blood so she could have a better view of the wound. "It doesn't seem to need stitches, but it definitely is not a scratch." She sent a disapproving look at Lisa. "Sit down and let me take care of it."

Obediently, Lisa did as instructed and took a seat on a stool nearby.

"Hello Rose," Jennie acknowledged her other patient in the room as she gathered a few supplies. "How's the head?"

"I think I might need to have it checked out again."

Jennie looked concerned. "Why?"

"I think I must have really cracked my skull." Rose alternated her gaze between the two women. "Things seem a little screwy if you know what I mean."

Sensing her sister's goofiness, Lisa offered her own opinion. "Don't worry Jennie, she's fine." She glared at Rose. "she's just being an ass." Lisa then rolled the stool closer to Rose's bed and whispered to her ear. "Behave or I'll suggest that you have your head up your ass and it needs further investigation."

Rose gulped at Lisa's sneer. "I'll be good."

...

Standing for what seemed to be an eternity in front of the Unit Clerk's desk watching people cough, cry, bleed, and scream out in gut wrenching agony was enough to remind Lisa that there was more to a hospital than cute blonde doctors.

"Okay gorgeous, I need your autograph here, here, here, and here." Oscar displayed a flashy show of white teeth as he pointed to the X marked spaces on the discharge papers in front of Lisa.

"Only if you give me a pen, I've already lost enough blood for one day." Lisa mimicked his antics.

"I bet those brown chocolate eyes would get you anything, don't they?"

"Like you have no idea," She winked before taking the pen he was offering.

"There, all done now?"

"As far as I'm concerned," Oscar said retrieving the completed papers. "You're free to go."

"Till the bill comes in the mail," Lisa muttered as she reached for her vibrating cell phone.

"Manoban."

"Hey there partner, how are you doing?"

"Fine, I'm all patched up." Lisa returned the pen to Oscar, mouthed a 'thank you', folded the papers he gave her, and then started walking toward the exit.

"Did the doctor kiss your boo-boo better?"

Lisa's mind drifted from the conversation when she spied Jennie sitting on the bench outside the hospital.

"What, no smart ass comeback?" He waited but still no answer. "Lisa, did you here what I said? Lisa, are you there?"

"Sorry, I...ah...I got a little distracted. Hey, shouldn't you be interrogating Miller or something?"

"There's bigger fish than me taking care of that now. We have two Assistant District Attorneys, Capitan Bennett and a couple of people from Internal Affairs in there with him."

Lisa sat next to Jennie and placed a chaste kiss on her cheek as she continued her conversation with Jin. "So, I assume he decided to cooperate then?"

"Not at first, but when A.D.A Covington offered him a nice choice between the gas chamber and lethal injection he started sweating."

"Covington has always been my favorite."

"Mine to. He cornered Miller's lawyer until he had no other choice than to work out a deal and that's when the bastard began to sing like a Belgian Canary."

"That's great news Jin." Lisa stifled a yawn.

"Yeah, I thought so too. Anyway, are you going to stay with Rose all night?"

"No, mom's just arrived. She's going to spend the night here. I'm going home. You know I didn't have much sleep last night."

"Yeah, about that—"

"Goodbye Lieutenant." Lisa flipped her cell phone off and turned to Jennie. "Hi."

"Hi." Jennie smiled broadly. "How is Jin doing?"

"He's okay. Probably cursing me for letting him with all the paperwork on Miller's case, but he'll live."

"So what happens to Miller now?"

"That depends on how well he comes through with his end of the deal, but knowing Covington the way I do, I'm pretty sure he's going for life without parole."

"He deserves it for what he did to that woman and her child. He'll never see his mother again."

"He'll get more than he deserves considering prisoners don't usually take to well to being locked up with a cop." Lisa seemed indifferent to Miller's fate. "But hey, he brought that on himself. Either way, you don't have to worry. He won't be bothering you again."

"Or that little boy for that matter, thanks to you and your partner," Jennie stood up and bowed playfully. "I bow to men and women in blue. You're my heroes."

"Torn clothed heroes maybe." Lisa laughed as she poked her finger through the hole in her sleeve. "So, are you done for the day?"

"Yes, I wasn't even on call today, don't you remember?" Jennie said zipping up her jacket. "I came here only to put out a fire, and now that things are under control, I guess I'll go home. You know, I didn't have much sleep last night either." She sent a teasing wink at Lisa as she started walking away.

Lisa melted. Her heart was beating so fast that she was afraid it would burst.

God, I love you.

"Hey, wait!" Lisa stood up and followed after Jennie. "Did you talk to my mother?"

"About what?" Jennie started to panick.

"About Rose, of course."

"Oh, Rose, of course." Jennie sighed in relief.

Lisa looked suspiciously at her.

"No, I didn't talk to your mother. I assigned Rose's case to the doctor on duty he'll explain everything to her."

"Oh, okay." Lisa diverted her eyes and it was Jennie's turn to look questionably at her.

"Did you talk to your mother?"

"Yes."

"Did you...tell her about us?"

"Uh, not yet." Lisa said sheepishly.

"What's the matter, are you ashamed of me?" Jennie lightly bumped Lisa with her shoulder.

"No." Lisa stated firmly.

"Then why didn't you?"

"Let's just say that I've already made my major announcement for the day. At least let me get use to the idea before we go blabbing it to the world."

"Aw, how sweet," Jennie teased. "You want to keep me all to yourself for a while."

Lisa grinned. "You bet I do. By the way, are we still on for tonight?"

"Of course," Jennie smiled devilishly. "The only question is...my place or yours?"

"You didn't change your mind?" Lisa threw the question out half seriously.

"Change my mind about what?"

"About me..." Lisa motioned with her finger between the two of them. "About us...you know," she snickered rather naughtily.

"Why would I do that?"

"I don't know. Sometimes the whole gay thing can be a little hard to face. I'd understand if you did."

"It's funny I just had this same conversation with my best friend. Do you know what I told her?"

Lisa shook her head and looked expectantly to Jennie.

"I told her I'm not some college girl having a lesbian affair for the sake of experimenting. I really like what we have," she said seriously.

Lisa grinned. "Me, too. I mean I'm glad."

Jennie laughed. "Speaking of my best friend, do you know what she wanted to talk about?"

"The dirty details?" Lisa teased with a raised eyebrow.

"No." Jennie slapped Lisa's good arm playfully. "Your sister."

Lisa's other eyebrow joined the first raised one. "My sister?"

"Uh-huh." Jennie nodded.

"Ok, I'll bite." Lisa stopped and stood facing Jennie. "What does my sister have to do with your best friend?"

"She thinks Rose's cute." Jennie managed to keep a straight face.

Lisa crossed her arms totally aware that Jennie was enjoying the game. "And how does she know Rose?"

Jennie chuckled and decided to drop the cryptic talk. "She's the nurse taking care of Rose."

"The bossy one?" Lisa asked a little surprised.

"Oh yeah, that's her. That's Jisoo." Jennie pondered her friend for a moment.

"I see." Lisa bit the inside of her cheek as they resumed walking.

"So, what do you think, maybe we could go out on a double date?"

"Ah, thanks but no, thanks." Lisa shook her head. "I don't get involved in my sister's love life."

"Really? I'd think you'd have nothing but her best interest at heart."

Lisa thought for a moment. "Well, does running interference for Rose count?"

Jennie gave her a stern look. "Not if you're dating me, it doesn't."

"Am I dating you?" Lisa stopped abruptly and looked at Jennie. "I thought we were past that stage." She offered softly.

Jennie's face lit up. "So, we're going steady, huh?"

"Something like that." Lisa nodded before sliding her arm around Jennie's waist and pulling her in for a kiss that would seal the foothold on their new relationship.

"Yeah," Jennie considered the myriad of sensations that Lisa's kiss had sent swirling around her body and seared the memory into her brain. "We're definitely going steady."

...

A/N:  end? humm 

I'm working on two fics rn. "my brother's girlfriend" but I  idk how i feel about this one.. and the other one remains me of 'sweet' really long as* chapters jshsh anyway thanks again please remember to drink lots of water, and show your body the love it needs. yall are amazing.

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 114K 65
Jennie a daughter of a multi billionaire, gets literally everything and anything she wants. Beautiful, intelligent and almost perfect. BUT she's an e...
40.7K 1.5K 6
A short story about BP as Doctors. Jennie and Jisoo are doctors at the same hospital and have to work together on the same case. Jensoo of course. •...
38.9K 1.7K 31
Jisoo,a charismatic,yet scary woman,is a professional sniper and a chick girl.She got girls attracted to her.And some of those turns her world upside...
968K 38.3K 24
Jennie was a nurse and got relocated at an asylum and she met Lisa who was described as a very dangerous patient. Originally posted on asianfanfics. ♥