Connections | ✔️

Da CxTannir

[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl... Altro

Authors Note & Cast Aesthetic
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thirty three
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty six
Thirty seven
Thirty nine
Forty
Forty one
Forty two
Forty three
Forty four
Forty five
Forty six
Forty seven
Forty eight
Forty nine
Epilogue
THANKYOU
* HELP! *
SEQUEL

Thirty eight

30.4K 830 170
Da CxTannir

Valerie P.O.V

We had a nice sleepin this morning, every part of my body was completely relaxed, lying in blissful peace. The sun peaked through the gap in the curtains, reflecting off the still blue surface of the water. The scene was like a poster child for tranquility, with no sign of the turbulent weather that graced us last night.

"Our pillow fort survived," Carter chuckled, lying on his back with one arm tucked behind his head. Oh my, I scored big time. A sheet was draped across his lower body haphazardly, allowing him some modesty. His skin was glowing from our days under the sun, deepening the sculpted lines of his very masculine, and capable body. He's gorgeous.

I averted my eyes to our surroundings, before I could get any ideas. "Yeah somewhat," I laughed, I glancing at the mess and tumble of pillows and sheets around us. The makeshift sheet roof was very much in tact though. I stretched my arms up over my head, before turning on my stomach to do a cat stretch.

"Ooh we should do yoga," I yawned, feeling my muscles loosen up.

"Hmm, I can see if the resort has anymore classes on this morning?" Carter replied.

"Yes please. Then brunch?" I sat up with a smile, picking up my previously discarded robe.

"Sounds good," he nodded. "I also have a special surprise treat planned for us afterwards..." he mumbled, crawling out of our little hideaway whilst clutching the sheets around his waist.

"Wait what did you say?" I asked as I made my way out. "I heard the word surprise." I cocked an eyebrow at him, folding my arms over my chest.

"Hm?" he glanced up coyly from the resort guidebook. "Ah look there's a session at 10:30am. Perfect. We better get going, we only have 20 minutes!" he exclaimed, striding over to the bathroom. I scrunched up my face in a frown at his retreating figure. I really just don't know what to do with him sometimes.

I was lucky I had brought some activewear just in case we did anything super adventurous that required it. We stepped into a nice, open patio like room, with wooden floors, and a high ceiling adorned with large sweeping fans.

"Couples yoga?" I chuckled as we strolled into the venue, noticing that everyone here was essentially in a pair.

"Yeah it was the only thing left..." Carter shrugged. "Ready to get bendy?" he wiggled his eyebrows at me suggestively.

"Go get a mat mister," I rolled my eyes at him. I was never going to admit that I kind of really liked when he made those innuendos.

"Welcome to the spiritual flow class ladies and gentlemen," the lean, petite instructor smiled. "Please come forward and find a space."

We set up our mats side by side on the right hand of the group before taking a seat.

"Okay, we'll start off with some warm ups and simple individual poses before doing some partner work." The instructor switched on some very faint meditational music, as we began moving through a series of sun salutations per her demonstration and guidance.

As we bent down to touch our toes and lean in as close as we could to our knees, Carter turned his head to look at me. I chuckled at the fact that we were both watching each other from an upside down angle. He poked his tongue out, causing me to giggle and lose my balance slightly, breaking from the pose. He snickered at my near mishap, before returning his focus onto the instructor. Trouble, I tell ya.

"And take a deep breath in as you hold, and release, bringing your arms down." The instructor spoke. We finished with another pose, coming back to our centre position. "Alright, great job everyone!" she clapped. "Now let's get started with the couple poses. Turn to your partners, and stand right before each other so your toe's are touching. Now, take your partner's hands. Good. Good."

We did as she said, and stood close together with big goofy smiles.

"Okay lean back slowly, holding your core nice and tight. Trust in your partner. Let both your arms stretch out fully as you lean back, don't let each other fall."

"Take your partner's hands. Trust. Don't let each other fall." This kinda low-key sounds like a couple's counselling session, I chuckled to myself.

We held onto each other as we leaned back, breathing in and out. Carter silently mouthed "I love you" over to me as we stood there in pose, locking eyes. I smiled from ear to ear. Pinch me, please. "I love you too."

"Alright! That one's nice and simple, let's gradually move into some more technical positions. We'll need one of you to form a base. Place your hands on the floor and push yourself up into a V-shape as best you can."

"I think we'll be good at this." Carter grinned over to me, a little bit too cheekily as if he wanted to say something a little more dirty. 

"Mhm." I raised my eyebrows at him, mildly amused. "C'mon you heard her. Get down on the floor." I smirked with my hands on my hips. He bit his lip and winked before moving into the pose.

"Okay so as the other half, what you will need to do is mimic your partner's position, by placing your hands on the ground about 3 feet in front, and place your feet onto their back to form a right hand angle." I did as told and carefully swung my legs over him and shuffled my hands backwards so I could get into a better position. "Okay there we go. Tighten those cores up and hold the position, breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth."

We went through a few more joint poses, stretching our limbs, stomach and back out, working on our flexibility and strength. "Okay! Let's finish off with a fun flying pose. One person needs to lie on your back, whilst the other, hovers just over the top. Place your feet flat against your partner's hips and hold onto each other's hands. Now push off and straighten up those arms and legs."

"Ahh, Carter please don't drop me," I laughed nervously, looking down at him from my elevated position.

"Woo-oohh!" he exclaimed, wobbling his arms and legs dangerously.

"Stop!" I chuckled, slightly terrified, clutching onto his hands tightly for support.

He gently lowered me down with a cheeky smile as the instructor proceeded to start some cooling down stretches to end the class.

"Take a few minutes to be at peace with your silent mind, relax and focus on your breathing as you begin to cool down," the instructor murmured. After the meditation I felt refreshed and very light. Life's good.

"My husband and I just want to say that you two are the absolute sweetest young things," a man in his mid-thirties approached us with a big smile as we packed up.

"Oh thank you," I giggled softly and looked over to Carter.

"How long have you been together?" his partner questioned interestedly.

"Just over three months, what about yourselves?" Carter replied confidently with a grin.

"Oh how wonderful! And we've been dating for six and married for two! This is our anniversary holiday," The man exclaimed proudly as they grinned at each other.

"Wow! Congratulations," I smiled. I just love, love.

"Yeah! That's amazing," Carter added.

"Well you two take care now alright?" the man winked as he strolled away with an arm swung around his partner.

We waved goodbye at the cute couple before smiling at each other from the nice compliment. Carter and I grabbed some food after yoga as planned, before going back to the bungalow.

~

"We have about 30 minutes before we have to leave." Carter said after he came out of his shower.

"Okay. What do I need?" I asked him curiously.

"Just yourself and casual clothes is fine. You don't need your swimwear," he replied fiddling with his camera. I nodded as I proceeded to grab some clothes out to change in. I chose some light blue denim shorts and a cute crop top.

"Hey can you stand on that balcony over there for a second please, babe?" he asked. "I just need a few more pictures of this place."

"Ahh okay. But don't come for me when you see my awkward posing." I chuckled, strolling out onto the deck to lean over the railing.

"You'll be fine," he smiled before raising the camera to eye level, turning the lens. He set down the camera on timer also before he came over to take some with me.

"Thankyou." he wrapped an arm around my shoulders after we finished up. "Okay, let's get going."

We hopped into a small car before driving off to the surprise destination.

"Wait, close your eyes Valerie." Carter grinned as the car began to slow towards a stop outside some sort of open space. "Keep them closed. I'll lead you," he murmured behind me as he snaked an arm around my hips and placed one hand over my eyes. It felt like we walked a fairly long distance (mostly because I couldn't see) before we came to a stop.

"Open."

My eyes fluttered open, squinting as I adjusted to the bright light of the outdoors, before I got a look at what we were going to be doing.

"Surprise," he chuckled. There stood a large helipad smack bang in the centre of a wide green lawn, situated just before the ocean.

"Wow..." I said quietly with widened eyes. "Are we going on there?" I gaped at the flying contraption.

"Sure are," he grinned.

"That's so cool!" I squealed. "I can't wait!!!" I wrapped my arms around him and jumped up and down. I think my heart will actually burst if he does anything more for me. "Thankyou, you spoil me too much." I whispered.

"You're welcome gorgeous. Besides, I really just wanted to go on one," he winked.

We climbed up onto the helicopter, strapping ourselves in before placing the headphones on. I grinned ecstatically, as the adrenaline began running through my veins. This was seriously so freaking awesome. The pilot flicked and switched numerous buttons, before the loud thunderous whirl of the blades above began to rotate, picking up speed rapidly.

"Ready for takeoff?" his static voice came through the headset. We both nodded happily in response as the chopper began to lift off from its station. We climbed higher and higher into the sky, as the view of the land and sea before us grew smaller.

Carter picked up his camera and began snapping away at the gorgeous view, before he quickly turned around and trained it on me. I laughed and smiled at him, as the wind blew through my hair. I grabbed it from his hands, so I could try to record some cool clips of him too.

We began flying across different parts of the island, the tour guide pointing out some interesting landmarks and facts. Carter held my hand as we gazed out down below to the beautiful view.

"We swam there on the first day!" he pointed out down to the reefs.

"Wow it looks so different from up here!" I leaned over to watch us pass by the different clumps of sealife and patchy colouring of the water.

The ocean was a swirling ombre shade of deep navy blues, to teal, turquoise, aquamarine and crystal blue, melting into the white sands of the island before turning into a lush, bright green from the tropical life. The mountainous landscape and jagged coastline were clearly visible from above, as we flew past different areas of the island. The helicopter tour went on for another 20 minutes before it descended towards the ground.

"That was amazing!" I grinned as we got off.

"Yeah it was sick, the views were stunning. I'm so glad we did it," he replied with a big smile. I nodded happily as I looped my arm through his.

I didn't want to leave tomorrow. It was like there was nothing else in the world but us. No pressures, no fear, no stresses. Just us. Being here was a beautiful escape.

We went out for dinner again that night, and then spent our last morning in Bora Bora, exploring another one of its hidden treasures before hopping on a plane back home.

Everything was perfect.

If I had only known that this was one of the last moments we would be this happy together, I would have never left.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

6.7M 131K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...
1.3M 23.8K 74
------------------------------------------------------------ I jumped a little at the feel of his cold rings, "How do you think Nathan would feel," h...
1.2M 48.3K 63
{18+ COLLEGE ROMANCE COMPLETED} What sucks more than being rejected by the girl of your dreams? Finding out afterward that she's moving in with you...
Circles | ✔️ Da Cee

Storie d'amore

2.8M 86.7K 54
[COMPLETE] They say weddings are eventful, to say the least. Anything could happen. What I didn't expect however, was him. My mistake. It's been...