The Lone Wolf

By KasaiTheQueen19

Fleura Stratton is a 25 year old she wolf without a pack. Not because she was disowned, or because she went w... More

My Lovelies!!
~~ONE~~
~~TWO~~
~~THREE~~
~~FOUR~~
~~FIVE~~
~~SIX~~
~~SEVEN~~
~~EIGHT~~
~~NINE~~
~~TEN~~
~~ELEVEN~~
~~TWELVE~~
~~THIRTEEN~~
~~FOURTEEN~~
~~FIFTEEN~~
~~SIXTEEN~~
~~EIGHTEEN~~
~~NINETEEN~~
~~TWENTY~~
~~EPILOGUE~~
Thanks So Much!!!

~~SEVENTEEN~~

18.7K 743 87
By KasaiTheQueen19

The first thing I notice upon waking up is how my head hurts, the pain throbbing in my temples like bongo drums...

What happened?

My ears catch the sounds of muted voices, and a soft beeping noise coming from further away. But I'm more focused on the feeling of someone holding my hand, the warm sparks letting me know it's Dakota.

I finally pry my eyes open to see harsh lights above me, which makes me groan as it only intensifies my headache.

"Fleura? Sweetheart?" My mates voice calls softly, and his worried face appears above me...thankfully blocking out the bright lights.

"Dakota? What's going on? Where am I?" I murmur, and he he sighs in obvious relief.

"I brought you to the pack doctor, you really scared me Flower..." He explains, and my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Why? What happened?" I ask, my memory a bit fuzzy. I slowly sit up despite his protests, which makes my head a bit swirly.

"You don't remember? You passed out at the pack house, you've been out for two hours..."

His words seem to trigger my memory, how I had a sudden onslaught of dizziness before my vision went black...I don't even remember hitting the ground...

"Fleura! You're awake! Are you alright?"  A loud voice calls to me, and I look up to see Jessica coming through the door. She goes around Dakota to give me a fierce hug, and I sigh in relief after she lets me go...the girl is strong, I'll give her that.

"I'm fine...my head just hurts..." I answer.

"I bet it does, you hit it pretty hard when you fell to the floor." She says, and I wince again as the throbbing returns with a vengeance.

"Where does it hurt Flower?" Dakota murmurs.

"My temples..." I whimper, and he immediately places his hands on my temples, massaging them gently in circular motions...not only does his actions and touch alleviate the pain, but it feels really good...making my cheeks flush red with embarrassment as I try to remember we have an audience.

"Better?" He murmurs, and I nod shyly.

"You two are just the cutest couple!" Jess giggles, and my face reddens even more.

"Jessica, please stop embarrassing my mate...that's my job." Dakota chuckles, and I barely resist the urge to hide my face in his chest.

"My apologies Dakota, I forgot how much you enjoy doing that." She giggles, and I pout a little at my mates satisfied grin.

"As adorable as you look Flower, don't pout...you know I love you." He murmurs, his brown eyes staring deeply into mine as our foreheads touch....my heart racing at his words. I already know that he does...he's just never said it directly...

Then again...neither have I...

"You're always teasing me..." I mumble, "But I love you too..."

A purr rumbles in his chest as he smiles down at me, sparks dancing across my face as he cups my cheek...

"Awwww!!"Jess squeals excitedly, startling us from our moment. I had honestly forgotten she was here...

"Sorry, you guys are so affectionate...I'm honestly surprised you two aren't expecting more little sweethearts like Noah." She swoons, and my eyes widen.

"Noah...where's Noah?" I ask worriedly, my anxiety rearing it's ugly head as I realize that he was there when I fainted.

"It's okay Flower, he's spending time with his grandpa, they'll be here soon." He reassures, and a few seconds later the sounds of tiny feet comes running towards the door, and I look to see my baby running through it with a big smile on his face.

"Mommy!" He calls excitedly, only stopping so Dakota can lift him up to me. I pull him into my lap, and he wraps his arms around me as best as he can with his little arms.

"You feel better now?" He asks, his brown eyes gazing up me with worry.

"I do, thank you sweetie." I reply, ruffling the curls on his head.

"He was worried about you bunny, so were we."

I look up to see my Dad and Kelly standing in the doorway, and I smile at them.

"I'm fine now, don't worry." I reassure.

"What exactly happened?" Jessica asks, and I narrow my eyes.

"I don't know...I was feeling really hot, and when I got up to get some more tea I suddenly got really dizzy...the last thing I really remember was glass breaking before I blacked out." I answer, and Dakota worriedly pushes my hair back to check for any injuries...which I don't have. He's been very protective these last couple of weeks...more so than usual.

"Hopefully the doctor can give us some answers..." Dakota murmurs, and on cue the doctor actually comes in.

"I believe I can, Gamma Dakota." She says with a surprisingly happy tone, her dark hair pulled back to expose her blue eyes sparkling with excitement.

"What's going on with my mate Dr. Sandra?"

"Relax Gamma, it's good news." She chuckles, walking up to me to check my eyes with her light, and then my forehead for a fever.

"It is?" He tilts his head in confusion, which is quite cute.

"Well, yes. The test results came back for your blood work and other tests, and from what I can tell Fleura has caught the stomach bug that's been going around the pack lately...which isn't surprising considering your condition Miss Fleura, it should pass in a few days or so."

I pause at the last part, my mind going from all the kids I've been around lately on Noah's play dates...to 'my condition'.

"What do you mean, 'my condition'?" I ask, a little confused and anxious., and she gives me a equally confused look.

"Well, the stomach flu is common among expecting mothers...even she wolves get it from time to time." She explains...but my thoughts screech to halt again before I hear everything she says...

Expecting mothers?...does she...am I...

"Did you not know that you're pregnant?" She asks, and I can't seem to make words come out of my mouth...and it seems like no one else can either, for the room is completely silent...and Dakota is almost like a statue standing next to me.

"Oh. My. Goddess..." Jess murmurs in stunned awe, and I barely have enough time to brace myself when I see her ecstatic grin split across her face.

"You're pregnant!" She squeals, bouncing up and down like a spring loaded kangaroo. But I'm too distracted by Dakota's face appearing in front of me again to pay attention...his brown eyes are filled with surprise and excitement, his expression softer than I've ever seen it before.

"You're pregnant Flower...with our pup..." He murmurs almost like he's in a daze, his hands cradling my face carefully as he presses a soft kiss to my forehead. His content purring growing louder as he rests one of his hands down on my stomach...where I notice Noah stare up at us curiously, I shake myself into reality again as I pat his head.

"You're going to be a big brother Noah, isn't that exciting?" I ask , and his face scrunches up. I recognize that expression immediately, and pull his gaze back to mine.

"I promise you sweetie, you having a younger brother or sister will not change how much me and daddy love you...okay?" I murmur, and he nods after a moment.

"I'm going to be a grandpa again..." Dad murmurs, his smile radiant.

"And my mother is going to be thrilled..." Dakota chuckles, and I look down at my belly and place a hand there...excitement and nervousness flitting through my swirling thoughts...me and Dakota are having a baby...

"I can't believe it! Me, Amy and you are all going to have pups around the same time!" Jess squeals again...

And just when I recovered from the first round of shock, here comes another. Luckily, my mate isn't as lost for words this time.

"Are you serious?"

"Of course, I'm almost a month and a half...Amy's about a month, and maybe three weeks for you Fleura?"

I do the math, and nod after I realize she's right.

"Me and Amy were planning to tell everyone once our mates returned from their meeting today, but now we have even more great news to share!" She exclaims, and I sigh as Dakota curls his arms around me and Noah...and our combined thoughts are focused on our growing family.

~~~~~~~~
(A month later)

"What are you doing Dakota?" I giggle as I slowly shuffle my feet in the direction he's guiding me, his hands securely over my closed eyes as he walks behind me. I know he's got a surprise of some kind, and that he's spent a good portion of the day keeping me away from upstairs...but I'm honestly not sure.

"Just a couple more steps flower, I promise that you'll love it!" He laughs excitedly, I can almost feel his wolf wagging happily in his head...

Whatever this is, it must be amazing.

"All right, I followed your exact instructions...and I think it's perfect." He murmurs as he pulls his hands away, and I stare in wide eyed shock as I take in the sight in front of me.

He finished the nursery...just like I wanted it, and it's perfect.

Dark purple now colors the once white walls, a perfect contrast to the light gray carpet. The black baby furniture we received from our shower is fully assembled and set up it the exact places I told him I wanted them to be...along with the rocking chair that dad made for me, with the blanket Dakota's mother made for the baby sitting in it.

A beautiful dream catcher mobile hangs over the crib, and I hold a hand over my mouth as I play with the black and white feathers before looking back at my incredible mate...his expression hesitant.

"Did you make this?" I ask as I play with the mobile, and he smiles.

"I started on it shortly after we found out, I just couldn't finish it before the shower...it was a bit stubborn-"

I cut him off as I walk towards him and press my lips to his, standing up on my tiptoes as both our height differences and my now showing belly interfere.

"I take it that you like it?" He chuckles.

"More than like, I love it...everything...the mobile, the room, and you..." I trail off as I kiss him again. "It's perfect...thank you..." I murmur, my eyes getting watery at how sweet my mate is.

"You're welcome Flower, I'm glad you love it...I wanted it to be just how you wanted it." He purrs, and I chuckle at the sight of purple paint on his face...a cute reminder of the room we painted together...which was followed by the events that got me pregnant.

He definitely notices my blush...and my distracting thoughts, because his eyes darken with a bit of hunger.

"I like the way you think Flower..." He purrs again, pulling me in for another kiss...this one a little deeper than the last. I close my eyes to enjoy the moment...

Then Dakota's phone rings.

"I swear to the goddess if it's Jake asking about baby names again, I'm gonna kill him..." He grumbles irritably as he answers, and I take advantage of his distraction to press kisses against his neck and shoulder...and I can tell from the way he shivers and purrs that he likes it.

~He loves how bold we've gotten dear, it excites him...~ My wolf growls lowly, and so does Dakota when I playfully nip his Adam's apple.

"I'll talk to you later Jake." He murmurs, hanging up before he pulls me back in for another kiss, his soft growls filling the room.

"You little minx..." He rumbles against my mouth before moving down my neck, and I grin.

"I know why you tease me now...it's fun." I murmur, then shiver as he starts working on the mark he gave me.

"It is...but I'm curious flower, what exactly do you have in mind that requires asking the Alpha about time off the pack land?"

I remember what I was going to discuss with him today, before I got distracted by Dakota's surprise. I pull back to see Dakota staring at me curiously, and sigh.

"I talked to my Dad yesterday...and we had a discussion about going up to the pack in Iowa for a visit, his parents...my grandparents, want to see me...and honestly I want to see them too...my memories of them are vague. I figured we could make it a family trip, and Noah could meet his great grandparents..."

I trail off, but before I can speak again Dakota presses a finger to my lips.

"You don't have to talk me into it Sihu, it sounds like a great idea." He smiles, and I can feel mine spreading across my face.

"Really?"

"Of course, I want to meet the rest of your family too...and I'm sure Noah is going to love more grandparents to spoil him rotten." He chuckles, and I hug him tightly.

How did I ever get so lucky?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 85 28
Cayden Jacobs is the Gamma of the Silver Moon Pack. He is nineteen almost twenty but still has no mate. He is starting to think that he has no mate...
110K 3.5K 37
"We might be mates but this thing we have cannot even be described as a relationship. I am tired of you yelling at me, I am tired of you act like I d...
42.4K 1.8K 34
A white wolf named Mystic is a werewolf. She doesn't know. All she knows is she's been born a wolf. She has a suspicious feeling to those humans that...
376K 12K 24
I sense a presence with me in the glade and ready myself to run 'Whoever's there show yourself'. He steps from the shadows like a ghost, barely makin...