Drown In You

By LauraUrie

After realising that Ginny is not for him, Harry starts an "enemies with benefits" relationship with Draco Ma... More

Out Of My Element
They Were One
Dive Right In
Lost, But Now I Am Found
Heaven in Hiding
Us Against The World
The Aftermath
Bad Blood and Mistletoes
Wintery Fluff
Weasley Christmas Tales
Ear Gloves
Of Flying Brooms and Roommates
Here Comes A Danger Up In This School
Bedroom Warfare
Play Me Till Your Fingers Bleed
Love Me To The Truth
You Got Everybody Fooled
Do It Like A Muggle
Nargle Eggs
The Pressure Of Walking In Your Shoes
Cascade Of White
A Meaning To His Life
Mama Knows Best
Therapeutic Chain Of Events
The European Cup
Promise This
Nothing Can Break Us Apart
The End Of All Things

Farewell, Hogwarts

210 7 0
By LauraUrie

As the last remaining weeks of Hogwarts life passed, Hermione's secret was kept safe among her friends. Ron had no idea about it and resigned from looking more into his girlfriend's strange behaviour- he simply blamed it on school matters- or, at least, so it seemed.

The NEWTs hit the four graduates like a tidal wave. It was a week from hell.

In the days prior to them Hermione didn't sleep much, too busy revising herself to death.

Draco and Harry's alone time was mostly dedicated to mock tests and quizzes.

Even Draco's birthday was celebrated quietly and quickly -however, Harry promised to do something special in the Summer to make up for it.

When the exams were finally over, no one really knew if they had passed- well, except for Hermione- but still, they were immensely relieved that it was finally over.

But, every rose had its thorn.

The end of the difficult exams meant that soon it would be time to leave Hogwarts permanently.

The last day of school an outbreak of sadness spread throughout the people attending their final year.

Harry's gloom was so much that he was able to make it rain on himself temporarily.

"I can't believe this is our last day." he sighed after drying his hair with a movement of his wand. 

He and his friends were in the Gryffindor common room, sitting on sofas, their trunks standing next to them, ready to go. 

Draco and Luna weren't there; they were in their respective Common Rooms, preparing for the imminent detachment.

"Speak for yourself! Luna and I have one more year!" Ginny pouted. She wanted everyone to think that she wasn't in love with the idea of spending yet another year in that school, but the truth was that she was happy to come back in September. However, it would still hurt to study under the big tree without the gleeful company of her friends and her brother.

"Can we trade, Ginny?" Harry joked, although there was nothing playful in his voice. He would have given anything just to spend another year in the place he called home.

"I'm Ok with it. I feel bad for the girls." said Ron, shrugging. 

Hermione rolled her eyes at him. "Why must you always be so insensitive, Ronald? We have so many memories here!" She scolded.

Ron had to admit that his girlfriend had a point.

When he'd first set foot in Hogwarts, around eight years before, he was delighted to begin this new adventure. He'd had fun, during his first year. He'd met his best friends for life and had finally been able to experience the things that his brothers spoke so fondly of. He had also risked his life a couple times, once with a three-headed dog, once with a Devil's Snare... and his experience with Norbert wasn't too jolly. But, in the end, it had been an adventure.

His second year hadn't been too fun - he'd almost lost his sister- but he'd still managed to create indelible memories with the two most important people in his life. 

His favourite moment had been when, in his fifth year, he'd become the Keeper for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team.

Every year had left him something permanent, even the year prior to his last- he had helped save the world and finally found the courage to make a go on the girl that he'd liked for years.

He would have missed that school.

"You're right! I will miss Hogwarts!" he lamented, his eyes beginning to water.

What Hermione would have missed the most were the classes. 

She would have remembered them very fondly - except for, maybe, her third year ones with Trelawney. 

It had felt so good and satisfying to excel in almost every subject each year, to always be the one speaking during lessons, to be the brightest witch of her age...

Finding love and friendship had also been a very important part of her life in that castle. 

With one last tear filled look at the cosy Common Room, which enclosed significant memories itself, the four friends left to go meet the rest of the school in the Great Hall. It was time for the leaving feast, but none of them, with the exception of Ginny, was excited for it.

That year, in addition to it, the Headmistress had organised a Graduation Speech, which meant that the Prefects from each House had to speak in regarding of their experience in Hogwarts.

When Harry set foot in the Great Hall, the first thing he did was run to his fiancè, who was already standing there next to Luna. 

He wrapped him into a tight hug and cried freely in his arms.

"Hey, baby, it's Ok! You can still visit the school, once in a while, it doesn't mean you will never see it again." Draco cooed, caressing Harry's back gently. 

But Draco couldn't understand. That castle didn't have the same sentimental value for him as it did for Harry.

It had been Harry's one true home. 

"It begins!" said Luna, calling to the boys' attention. The House Cup winner would have been revealed.

The two lovers pulled away, they had to sit at their House table for the announcement.

Not that Harry cared about it, of course. 

When Professor McGonagall prounced the word "Hufflepuff!" no one in their last year seemed to give her a shred of attention.

Ginny clapped her hands, smiling, although she was a bit bummed that Gryffindor had ended up in the third place. At least, it wasn't the worst one. 

However, Luna didn't seem to mind that her House was in fourth place.

"Attention, everyone!" The Headmistress shouted, getting up from her seat, her palms up. "As you know, next year most of you will be coming back within these walls, but for some of our students today is a very melancholic day. With great honour, I present you our Seventh-years valedictorians! First one to start, miss Hermione Granger" She gave a rigorous applause.
Everyone followed suit.

Hermione confidently walked towards the Head Table and shook the professor's hand when she reached her destination.

She then turned around to face her fellow schoolmates and took a breath.

"Hello, everyone." she said, taking out a small piece of parchment from her pockets. She began reading shortly after. "Firstly, I feel I'm obliged to thank our Headmistress, Professor McGonagall, who made this school livable again. Also, she has been a very important figure for me among teachers. Secondly, I must thank our fallen professors, Dumbledore and Snape, whose sacrifice will not be forgotten. But mostly, I have to thank the school itself for giving a young Hermione Granger a chance to study its wonderful subjects!" When she was done talking, she had to wipe several tears. Professor McGonagall was in the same situation. Hermione's words had moved her to an extent.

 The whole room cheered for the brunette, Ron in particular, as he gave her a standing ovation.

"Thank you, Miss Granger!" said the Headmistress.

When Hermione went back to her seat, her boyfriend complimented her and then kissed her softly on the lips.

It was now Draco's turn to speak, him being the Slytherin Prefect.

His house mates didn't consider him much, only a few of them clapped their hands lazily.

But Draco was past that, such behaviour wouldn't bother him anymore.

He simply went to where his friend had been seconds before.

"Go, babe!" Harry shouted from his seat.

His fiancè's intervention was what it took to make him smile and forget about his anxiety for public speaking. 

His presence in the crowd and his support warmed his heart greatly.

"Hogwarts, what could I say..." he started, unscripted. "I used to hate you. I didn't like your ideals or your methods, but it was only me following my dad's doctrine. In this last year, you became my family. " He looked over to Harry when he said that. 

That boy had completely changed his views regarding the school. Maybe it was the simple fact of him being there that was able to turn it into a pleasant experience. 

"Here is where an eleven-year-old Draco entered as a spoiled brat and where he left as an enriched person, thanks to some amazing people. Thank you Hogwarts!" 

Looking in the distance, he saw his younger self bullying people and being downright terrible. Suddenly that image faded, he now saw himself going through his change of heart, going against his patronizing father and his views. 

His Gryffindor friends plus Luna all gave him loving looks as they clapped their hands for him, while Harry, who had been giving him a proud look for the whole duration of his speech, whooped for him, on his feet, completely shameless. Some people were giving him looks, but he didn't seem to be bugged by them. 

Draco took a bow, then he sped towards where his fiancè was standing. 

"Aren't you my biggest fan!" he giggled while cupping his lover's face with his hands.

"I'm just so proud of you!" Harry sighed contentedly.

And Draco had to admit that a proud Harry was too cute to handle.

Plus, Harry's excitement upon seeing the love of his life speak highly of his favourite place in the world had momentarily distracted him from his sadness.

The Slytherin shook his head lightly, then he brought their foreheads together. "You are too adorable." he whispered, then he captured the Gryffindor's lips with his own, engaging into a soft kiss.

No one was triggered by their public display of affection, not even the Slytherins.

They had made history in Hogwarts, not only by being the first openly gay couple in school, but also by opening people's minds. 
"You know, babe." Harry began, after breaking the kiss. "There are many things about Hogwarts that I liked, but my favourite part of it was definitely you."
Draco wondered if it could be possible to love that boy more than he did in that moment.
"I taunted you for years." He responded, looking down.
"Yeah, you did, but that's in the past. Don't bring this up again, Ok? This doesn't change the fact that you're the best part of Hogwarts. You beat classes and adventures by far." Said Harry in a stern voice.
Yes, it was definitely possible to love him more than Draco did a minute before.
"You are my favourite thing about Hogwarts, too." The blond declared. There was nothing truer than that, he was sure of it.

Harry didn't mind not giving his own speech - it would have ended up with him bawling his eyes out, not being able to finish it.

After Draco, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Seventh-years spoke as well, until the last one to speak was Ron.

The Weasley boy looked quite nervous. Harry could relate to his state, not long before he had felt that way. When proposing to Draco, to be exact.

"Hi, everyone..." the redhead awkwardly waved his hand, then he put it back down, wiping it on his robe. "Hogwarts is where I met my best friends, but also where I met my one true love. Well, I didn't know that when I met her, but, with time, after many fights and tears, we fell in love. Here is also where we conceived a child..."

Hermione's mouth dropped when she heard those words. How had Ron found out about that?

She wondered if it was Luna or any other of her friends. 

Many people gasped. Hermione was now at the center of the attention.

She didn't know how to react, although the fact that her boyfriend was calling her his 'one true love' couldn't be a bad sign.

"Lastly, this school is where I ask her to marry me." Ron finished, then he got down on one knee and showed a ring box to Hermione.

The girl covered her mouth with her hands, unable to say a word.

Who knew Ronald Weasley could be happy with having a baby? He was full of surprises sometimes.

Hermione had never cried this hard out of happiness in her whole life before. 

Her sobs made her whole body shake and she couldn't control her smile from making her face cramp.

When she finally spoke again, she managed to get out a broken "yes!"

The room exploded with applause as the two of them shared a kiss.

Ginny and Luna were crying while holding each other, relieved that their friend's pregnancy had not been a disgrace, after all.

Harry and Draco cheered, anyway, even though they felt that Ron had been inspired by their engagement.

Not long after the proposal, it was time to say goodbye to Hogwarts.

While on the train platform, Ron revealed how he had received knowledge of his girlfriend's pregnancy.

When Hermione had told him to go to the library, he hadn't done that right away. He had simply stayed hidden behind the door, using one of George's Extendable Ears.

He knew that something greater than stress cause by exams had to be behind his lover's strange behaviour.

Doing so, he'd heard Hermione confess that she was pregnant.

He had been slightly shocked because of it, but he had chosen not to tell anyone that he knew about it.

He could say that he was ecstatic at the idea of being a father and wondered how it was that his girlfriend's friends didn't think he would have had that reaction.

In fact, only a few days later, he had something planned out.

He had George send him his grandmother's engagement ring by owl post and waited for the Ceremony to ask Hermione to marry him.

Harry's proposal to Draco had played a part in his decision.

Hermione learned a valuable lesson that day, she should have never doubted Ron's love for her.

"How is it that everyone here is getting married?" Luna observed.

Her girlfriend turned to her, smirking. As she opened her mouth to speak, Luna shut her up. "Oh, no, don't look at me. I want to marry you but we need to finish school first. I don't want to be too vulnerable for the Nargle attacks."

Ginny couldn't help laughing out loud at that. "I was just going to say that there's something in the air that made our boys go crazy. All jokes aside, I'm so happy for you, bro and sis!" she said, addressing her brother and his now fiancée. She then hugged them both tightly.

Hagrid was the one to interrupt the sweet moment. "Sorreh to interrupt yeh, but it's time ter go." He said, placing his enormous hand on both Hermione and Ron's shoulders.

"Can you give us a minute, Hagrid?" Harry asked.

"Ok, Harry. But only one minute." The half giant nodded, then he left to say goodbye to some other students.

"Guys, I will miss this school so much! I will miss seeing you every day!" The green eyed boy said, throwing himself at his best friends, who had pulled away from Ginny.
"And congratulations guys! Even if you're copycats!" He concluded, playfully.
"Oh, we will never study under the big tree again!" Draco intervened, joining the group hug.
"Oh Ron, how am I going to live without seeing you eat like a pig every day?"
"Oh, Draco, how will I manage without your snarky comments?" Ron responded.
Draco broke the embrace to give Hermione a single hug, since he had been between Harry and Ron.
"I love you, Draco!" Hermione cried out while holding him.
When school had started eight years prior to that moment, the two friends never would have thought that their goodbye would be tearful. If anything, Hermione had always thought it would be relief.
But there she was, telling him she loved him.
And Draco, who had called her a mudblood many times, could say that the feeling was mutual.
That girl wasn't so bad, not one bit, once you got to know her.
"I love you, too, Mione." He whispered.
"Such melodrama!" Said Luna, rolling her eyes at the ugly crying fest.
"Next year you'll understand!" Said Harry.
"But guys, come on, don't be this sad. Once out of here, we'll spend the whole summer together at our house!" Ginny whined, pointing at herself and her brother.

"I know, but it won't be the same! We have so many memories here, together!" Harry said, his voice still broken from crying.
"Come on, e'ryone! It's time ter go now, for real!" Hagrid's  booming voice called.
"How can I not cry now?" The big man said, sniffling. "C'mere!" He pulled everyone in a bone crushing hug, including Draco, who could hardly believe what was happening. He had sued that man five years before and had criticised his work as a teacher on many occasions. He must have been very kind-hearted.
"Bye, Hagrid, we will miss you dearly." Said Hermione, through her tears.
"I love you, Hagrid, it's been nice to see have you as a friend here. I'm sure I'll see you again many more times!" Said Harry, tightening his grip on his good friend.
Without him, Harry never would have known a world as mesmerizing as Hogwarts.
He could never thank him enough for all he had done for hin and he would miss him in an indescribable way.
He would have seen him soon, though, he knew it.
"Oh I hate these moments!" Ron cried as a teardrop as big as a ball fell on his head.
Then Hagrid pulled away, not looking at his young friends to avoid getting them entirely wet with his extra large tears.
Harry stood for a moment and looked at the place that had been his home for many years.
From there, the castle looked so massive, so magical.
He would have missed it so much. It was where he'd truly begun to live.
He had a very special bond with the place, even if his times there had not all been peaches and dandelions. He couldn't remember how many times he had risked death, together with breaking rules and being almost expelled.
But he would miss those moments, too.
Obviously, the good times prevailed.
He had met the love of his life there, after all, and on his last year- his first and only 'calm year' at Hogwarts.
When he got on the train, he gave one last glance at the castle.
His fiance's firm hand on his shoulder indicated for him to move quickly, so he whispered underneath his breath,
"Farewell, Hogwarts."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.8K 3K 15
Harry was given a dare in the beginning of the year, but ended up with a deadly disease in the midst. So its his new mission, to get the love of his...
351K 11.7K 16
"You know what Potter... I think I'll take that offer," Draco began, walking closer towards me, backing me against the wall. "Wait, really?" I looked...
441K 18.9K 66
(Drarry) Harry Potter is about to enter his seventh year, and things are not quite what he expected. He is no longer the angry boy who watched his wo...
53.5K 2.3K 40
!!!!! ALTERED CHAPTERS !!!!! "Have you any idea what it's like?" There were tears in Harry's eyes and it was suddenly like he couldn't control it a...