Not So Simple

By scales7twist

At age seven April-Mae Stewart, lost her famous father when his plane blew up, Her mother was pregnant at the... More

Not So Simple
Chapter 1: Birthday Wishes
Chapter 2: I Promise
Chapter 3: Three Musketeers and Their Wing-Lady
Chapter 4: Surprise
Chapter 6: So Does
Chapter 7: I Think You're Busted
Chapter 8: Channel Star
Chapter 9: Well that's not supposed to Happen
Chapter 10: Told Ya So
Chapter 11: Dancing Around Back Stage
Chapter 12: Say Goodbye
Chapter 13: *Insert Smirk Here*
Chapter 14: Unless you're Offering
Chapter 15: Not So Sweet Dreams
Chapter 16: +Positive

Chapter 5: Wuv You Mummy

45 2 0
By scales7twist

Not So Simple

Chapter 5: Wuv You Mummy

Mummy” I hear Conner, voice walking my way. Why isn’t he asleep

“Why aren’t you in bed Con” I ask, a little concerned as to why Chase couldn’t even put them into bed. He shrugs handing me a picture. It’s of Chase, a few days before he left for their tour. I hid this so no one could find that I still kept a photo.

Conner looks back at Chase, asking the question I was dreading “are you my daddy” he ask, Chase looks, shock and a little scared. I feel the tears in my eyes begin to fall, why oh, why am I crying.  Chase stares at me.

“Conner, where the hell did you get this” I growl. Chase looks at me.

“Me, found it in the cupboard, in a box”

“Why were you in my cupboard” I ask, he sighs looking down. “Why did you ask if he was your dad, Conner” I ask, he looks back up at me.

“I found that pick-ure, last week, Auwtie Mawie said that it was my daddy, and then me found the pick-ure again, it looks like him” he say pointing to Chase,

How, how, how was what I kept asking myself. How did he figure this out he is freaking three. “April” I look at Chase, who is looking at me, wide eyed. “Is it true” he asks, the tears rolling down my face. I nod, he gasp standing up, stare at me. “There mine” he screams.

“Conner, go back upstairs” I say, hear the small footsteps, running off. I look at Chase, who is staring at me.

“Is that what you wanted to tell me, on the phone, that you were pregnant” He ask, I nod sobbing. “But I broke up with you, April all I wanted to do was come home, you should of told me” he says, kneeling down next to me.

I shake my head “you were sixteen, you wouldn’t of came back for me, you would of kept touring, that’s why you broke up with me, because you couldn’t be tied down, but I was tied down to twins, I don’t even know why I’m still in school, it’s not like I’m doing anything after” I sob. He sits up on the couch, wrapping his arms around me.

“That’s not true April, I never wanted to be on that tour, if you told me, I would of left” he tells me, but I shake my head, not wanting to believe him.  I know that if I did tell him he would have freaked, because we were sixteen, I keep the twins because the last thing I wanted was someone else looking after them, and I wasn’t getting an abortion that was sure.  “April, how about we sleep and talk about this in the morning.

I nod, wiping the tears away; I get up walking to the stairs, I was about to turn into my room, when I heard small voices coming from the Brodie room.  “True, Bro-Bro, he is our daddy” Conner says.

“We have a daddy now” Brodie ask, I poke my head though the door, seeing them, laying on the floor, looking at paper, with a box sitting beside them. What are they looking at? I walk over to them, they look at me.

“What are you two looking at” I ask, sitting next to them. It was photos of me and the three boys, photos of family, photos of their dad.

“Mummy” I look up, at Brodie “cans us, call daddy…” he asks I look at him confused. “…daddy” he ask. I nod

“Of course you can call him daddy, that’s what he is” I smiles, they nod “but its late, boys so you can either hop in your beds, or come sleep with mummy” I ask, they smiles, running off which I believe is to my room. I put the photos back in the box, taking it with me.

I walk back to my room, both boys in my bed. I stare at them, before walking to the cupboard and putting the box back. “I will be back” I whisper. Turing around, walking to the stairs, “I already know, okay…yes I understand you think they look like me….Shut up Nick I know…I’m hanging up now….bye” He sighs, hanging up the phone, I smile watching him lying on the couch, how uncomfortable.

I walk into the lounge; he looks at me, in shock. “I’m sorry” I whisper “Go to the spare room, it has a bed in it” I say, he looks at me a little shocked, but nods, standing up walking to the room. I sigh, going back to my room, lying down.

The two boys cuddle into me. After a while, sleep over takes my body and I fall into the darkness.

***

I was awoken by giggling and laughter. I slowly open my eyes, seeing as I have no one, lying beside me anymore. I look over at my phone, watching it light up. Meaning its 6:30 on a Monday morning, not only do I have my first day of senior year, I have work afterwards. I sigh sitting up, I look threw my phone seeing I have yet another message from Aunt Kay

‘That’s great April, I am great, Lisa is well Lisa, and she said her true love has left, her behind or something. *laughing to myself typing this* anyhow glad you guys like the house. I have made plans to visit next holidays, with Lisa, so I can’t wait to see you darl love ya’s <3, p.s. hope you had an awesome birthday’

I smile at the text; wow I just realized my birthday was very eventful. Chase knows there his; a lot can happen in one day.  I decide I should go down the stairs to check on the boys, grabbing my robe and walking out, and down the stairs. I follow the laughter straight to the kitchen. “Daddy look” Conner, cackles putting his hands in the bowl and then straight into his mouth, Chase laughs.

I lean my head against the doorframe, looking over at Brodie, who is stirring the mixture. “Second batch of pancakes done” Chase declares turning around, placing it on the bench he smiles, looking up at me. “Good Morning, ma’am” he smiles, “Pancake” He holds the plate up, and I shake my head, laughing.

“Having fun messing up my kitchen” I ask, they all nod.

“Mummy” I look at Con “when is grandma coming over” he ask, I shrug,

“Soon, Mummy has school” I say looking at Chase “so does Daddy” I laugh turning around.

“Where are you going” I look around at Chase “don’t want pancakes?

I shrug “its 7.00 I have to get ready, plus you seem to be have a great time with the boys” I smile, he nods, he had this looking in his eyes kind of happy I am giving them time, like he was thanking me. I grin walking up stairs.

I go to my closet first, what to wear, what to wear. First things first weather, Sunny, not hot but not cold. Getting close to autumn, March is just around the corner, in three weeks.

I grab my dark blue skinny jeans, a baby blue vest top and a black cardigan over the top. I grab my clothes walking to the bathroom.

Moments later and I was done, dressed and had my black flats on. I blow dry my hair and let it flow naturally. Walking back downstairs, the boys are sitting at the bench talk. The doorbell goes off, so I go to open it. “Hey mum” I say, once the door was fully opened.

“Hey sweetheart how’s the boys” she ask, I smile

“There, fine” I laugh, she walks to the kitchen seeing Chase, she look to me “he knows” I say, her eyes go wide, but nods anyway.

“Hey Mrs. Stewart” Chase smiles

“Good Morning, darl” she smiles looking at me “remember, I have work tonight so you have to come back” she smiles, I nod

“I know mum, so do I so I have to get a baby sister” I state she nods, agreeing.

“I could look after them tonight” we both look at Chase, who is staring at us.

“There it’s settled” My mum, says clamping her hands, “now where are my baby’s” she walks off to the Lounge.

I look at Chase, who is staring at me grinning. “You need a ride” I ask, he shakes his head

“Nar the boys, are picking me up, as we ‘have to arrive together’ some shit about the band” he laughs. I nod. Walking down to the lounge the boys are playing with their toys, while mum is sitting on the couch.

“Boys, give mummy kisses” I smile, kneeling down they run up to me, kissing my check. I smile. “Mummy loves you boys, I will be back sooner than you think, okay” I smile they nod.

“Wuv you mummy” They say, I smile

I stand back up looking at mum, “thanks mum, love ya and see you at three” I nod, she smiles.

“Cya sweetheart” she smiles, and I pick up my bag making sure, I have my keys. When I am in my car, I look at the house.

I just realized how much my life, has changed from how it used to, the boys new how my life WAS, but I am so different now, school is another question.

Star Grip will have to learn the hard way that life Not So Simple.

Thanks for Reading

Picture: April-Mae outfit

Please, vote, comment

~Tylah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 68 18
Their father was an abusive man who went out each night to get drunk, and their mother was an angel sent directly from Heaven to protect them. It all...
61.4K 1.3K 27
"Y-you can't run away you have our baby," he says screaming "Bella Open the door" He yells and hits the window. "Please come back baby I'm sorry!" He...
1.3M 25.4K 47
⚠️𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦 𝗠𝗬 𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗞. 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗡𝗢 𝗖𝗢𝗣𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘𝟭𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥. 𝗪𝗘'𝗩𝗘 𝗔𝗟𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗬 𝗠𝗔�...
18.5K 617 18
Quinn and rose are not in love couple infact their marriage was arrange for their father's companies but they were spending a happy life with their...