The Night That Changed Everyt...

By ChelciaGordon

We've all made mistakes before, right? But when Kayla Stewart makes the drunken mistake of falling into the b... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!
IMPORTANT QUESTION - PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE
I needed to explain a couple of things to you, please read (Essential)
News: UPDATE
Chapter Fourty
Chapter 41
Happy New Year - I'm back!

Chapter Twelve

45.2K 1K 106
By ChelciaGordon

Kayla

“Kayla this is Rosie,” Damion uncomfortably says. He then pauses as he looks at the irritated red head standing beside him. He then takes a deep breath before saying to her, “Rosie this is Kayla and that’s her friend Kasha.” She glares at me as a deafening silence fills the tent and an unusual tension hovers in the air. 

I clear my throat, breaking the deadly silence as a sheepish smile spreads across my face. I then stand up and extend my hand for a handshake, “Hey, I’m Kayla.”

Rosie slowly nods, “Damion already pointed that out...” My face flushes in embarrassment as she belittles me by making me feel stupid, “But nice meeting you,” she quickly adds as she accepts my handshake, lightly shaking my hand before letting her hand fall. She then quickly throws a false smile at Kasha before turning to Damion and murmuring something into his ear. He slowly nods as she parades out of the tent, excluding a good bye.

We all sit in an awkward silence, gazing in different directions as we think of what to converse. I glance at a troubled Damion who’s looking to the floor in deep thought. I clear my throat and ask, “Are you okay?”

His head shoots upright and he looks at me like a startled, confused puppy, “Huh?”

I softly smile as I slightly tilt my head to the side, studying his confused face before slowly repeating, “Are you okay?”

“Oh, yeah I’m fine, I’m just a little tired,” he says as he lets out an exhausted yawn, extending his firm, tanned arms.

I stand up and walk up behind him and droop my arms around his neck, hugging him as I rest my head on his shoulder, “Well I’ll give you a nice massage when you get home.”

He grins up at me, his eyes filled with glee as he murmurs, “Now that, I will like.”

I let out a laugh as I let go and pick up my bag from out of the chair. I throw it over my shoulder as I ask, “Did uh, Rosie drop you here?”

“Yeah she did, so you don’t need to wait around for me,” he says. I nod as Damion leads Kasha and I outside of the tent and onto the almost empty, peaceful, sandy beach. I look up at the alight sky, filled with a fiery orange, sweltering reds and the edges of the blazing sky have begun to cool with the indigo of the still night. The colours of the rainbow reflect on the mysterious blue sea as I listen to the peaceful waves gently sloping in the distance. I inhale the salty water as the cool breeze wraps itself around me, leading me to slightly shiver. I suddenly remember the times I would visit my grandparent’s beach house and my grandmother and I would sit and watch the sun set as we cuddled up together, telling each other stories.

“Well are you ready?” Kasha asks, startling me from my dreamy gaze.

“Oh, uh yeah,” I say, “The sun set is really pretty.” Kasha nods in agreement as she hugs Damion goodbye and makes her way down the beach.

I turn around to Damion and say, “Well, I’ll see you later.” 

He hugs me goodbye then says, “Get home safe,” before returning into the tent. As I’m walking down the beach towards the exit, I see Rosie talking to a rather good looking, long haired surfer. Her eyes quickly swerve towards me as she realises that I’m staring at her, so I quickly smile and wave goodbye but she looks away and continues to converse, disregarding my goodbye.

“Fine, suit yourself bitch,” I mutter to myself as I roll my eyes and jog up to Kasha, linking my arms with hers as we make our way towards the car. As I’m putting on my seatbelt I see something tucked under the windscreen wiper.  “Uh Kasha, what is that?” I ask as I peer at the red and white paper, trying to make out what it says.

Kasha looks in front of her and her face falls, “Are you kidding me?” Kasha yells as she steps out of the car, furiously slamming the door behind her as she makes her way to the front of the car. She retrieves the parking ticket from off the windscreen and curses every swear word that she can think of under her breath as she sits back into the car. “I’m pretty sure it says that you’re allowed to park here, the stupid ticket inspector doesn’t even know how to do his stupid job!” Kasha says as she slams the ticket down on the dashboard.

I can’t help but chuckle to myself as Kasha angrily protests. I then let out a sigh as I suggest, “Well you can always appeal right?”  

“Yeah, whatever,” she says, as she steers off into the busy road.

Ten minutes later Kasha parks outside of the apartment, “Do you want me to come up with you?” she asks.

“No, it’s fine,” I say as I lean forward and plant a kiss goodbye on her cheek.

“Okay, well I’ll see you later doll.”

“Bye,” I call out as I step outside and onto the busy sidewalk. I glide my way through the mass of busy people rushing to their homes from their hectic work lives. I step into the lobby and let out a sigh, closing me eyes as I take in the peaceful silence. I decide to take the stairs and slowly regret it as I reach the forth step. I pause and take a deep breath before continuing up the daunting stairs. Minutes later I am sprawled out on the large bed, a wave of tiredness suddenly hitting me as I sink my head into the pillow, closing my eyes and letting the world drift away.

Three hours later~

My ears awaken as I hear footsteps quietly pattering against the floor. The room suddenly falls silent as I slowly shift in the bed. The silence continues before the pattering footsteps resume, but suddenly a crashing sound fills the room and my eyes shoot open and my heart falls still as I hear something plummet to the floor. I sit upright and let out a sigh of relief as I see that it’s Damion crouched down on the floor picking up the fallen DVD’s’. “You scared me there, for a quick second I thought you were a burglar,” I say as I run my hands through my hair.

An apologetic expression fills his face, “I tried not to wake you, I’m sorry,” he apologises.

“It’s okay,” I say as I step out of bed, “Do you need any help?”

“Yeah sure,” he says, “I was pretty sure the DVD rack was on the other side of the room,” he says as he continues to stack the DVD’s. I chuckle as I bend down and pick up four DVD’s and stack them on his DVD rack.

“You’ve got so much DVD’s,” I say as I scan the numerous amounts of DVD’s sprawled out on the floor. I laugh out loud as I realise that I’m holding the chick flick, mean girls, “Mean girls, really?” I laugh.

He chuckles before saying, “Okay, that was my ex girlfriends, not mine.”

“Sure,” I sarcastically say, smirking as I playfully shove him, “I’m sure you’ve got a whole section filled with chick flicks.” 

He laughs before grabbing me closer and pecking my neck, which leads me to smile as he pulls away. We finish stacking the DVD’s in silence before standing up and making ourselves into the kitchen. “Are you hungry?” I ask as I squat down to the floor, looking through the cupboards as I contemplate what to eat.

“No, I had something to eat earlier,” he says.

“I’m going to make a sandwich,” I say as I open the fridge, looking for ham. My face lights up as I retrieve a packet of ham, butter and half a bag of bread. “My mum used to make me ham sandwiches every single day for school until I was fifteen,” I say.

Damion chuckles as he says, “Well I’m going to get changed, call me if you need anything.” As I begin to make my sandwich I can’t help but begin to think as I realise how much my life’s changing. So much for settling down, getting married and then having a child, life doesn’t always go to the way you planned. I can’t believe I’m going to be a mother, I’ve never really considered having a baby – well not yet.

Damion is such a blessing, I don’t know how I would have been coping and getting my head around the pregnancy without him. And the one thing I love is that he puts a smile on my face, literally every day. 

What guy invites a girl into his home and his life after finding out that the girl he barely knows is pregnant with his baby. Most guys would close the door right in front of my face as they hear the world pregnant. I suddenly place down the butter knife as a wave of doubt washes over me. Thousands of questions begin to float around my head as I think of why Damion would do this? Why is he so different?

I look down at my sandwich, suddenly losing my appetite as I begin to feel down. I wrap the sandwich in tin foil and place it in the fridge before making my way into the living room and snuggling into the sofa. I retrieve my phone from my pocket and dial Kasha’s number but after numerous rings she doesn’t answer. I let out a sigh as after my third attempt she still doesn’t pick up. I gaze out of the window at the indigo sky filled with scattered stars as I simultaneously rub my stomach, considering whether to just talk to him.

I then stand up and slowly walk towards the bedroom, contemplating what I should say. I stand outside and take a deep breath as I suddenly begin to feel nervous. I close my eyes as I slowly open the door and say, “Damion?”

He’s lying on the bed and watching TV, wearing only black boxers with his arms crossed behind his head, “Yeah?”

I give his body a quick glance before asking, “Uh can we talk?”

 He nervously looks at me but then slowly nods as he sits upright and shuffles over, making space for me on the bed as I come and slowly sit down. His eyes deepen with concern as I take a deep breath and look towards him. “Is it Rosie?” he asks, “Because I can totally explain that.”

I look at him with a confused expression floating on my face, “Why would I be talking about her?”

“Oh,” he pauses, “So what is it?” he asks as he holds my hand.

“Well I was just thinking about us...,” I confide before quickly adding “And the baby.” I take a deep breath between continuing, “Most guys aren’t like you and they wouldn’t exactly accept that the girl that was seriously messed up and slept with them is now having their baby,” I say, “Let alone being so calm about it and letting her into their house, their lives and everything.” My eyes begin to fill with tears and my voice begins to tremble as I say, “I just want you to be serious with me and tell me if you’re not ready for this or you’re not committed, because I don’t want to get hur-”

 “Kayla, can I kiss you?” He interrupts; his voice is all shaky as he looks into my eyes.

My heart falls still as his startling question echo’s in my head. I gaze back into his eyes as I whisper back, “Yes,” so softly that I question myself whether I actually replied. Inside I’m shouting on top my lungs so I am surprised that only a simple, soft, yet delicate word escaped my mouth.

He looks at me dreamingly; a small genuine smile hovering on his face and with the softest touch he delicately presses his lips against mine. My heart begins to beat a million beats a second as the touch of his lips leads me to feel breathless. As we begin to move simultaneously with the drive of the kiss Damion pulls away. 

My face falls in disappointment. I open my mouth but Damion silences me by softly placing his finger on my lips and whispering, “Shh.”

He takes a deep breath before saying, “Kayla I’m sorry if I make you feel that way, but I promise you that I am going to stick by you,” He lets out a sigh as he says, “When my dad died I was a stupid jerk that messed with girls and I may not be perfect now but I promised him that I’d grow some balls and be a real man. What kind of man would just leave you to take care of their baby yourself?” He questions. “Yes we were both stupid that night so we’re both to blame, so we’re both going to deal with the consequences, not just you.” 

I smile as he continues, “I really don’t want to hurt you and trust me I’m trying not to.” He places both of his hands on my stomach and looks towards it as he says, “And I’m not going to hurt this little one either.” He then lowers his head and kisses my tummy which makes the corners of my lips turn up. I smile at him thankfully and lean forwards and hug him, resting my head in his chest. He clasps me tightly in his hands and softly rubs his chin against my temple. “So is everything clear now?”

“Yes,” I say, “Perfect.”

We stay locked in each other’s arms and I can’t help but feeling secure. I feel like a burden has been lifted off my shoulder and as if everything’s going to be okay – well I pray everything will be okay. “So should we go back to kissing?” He asks, smirking.

I sit upright and grin, “I Thought you’d never ask.”

Damion sends his lips crashing against mine, allowing our tongues to collide as he spirals his hand through my hair, gently deepening our kiss. We abandon the world around us as I deepen the kiss furthermore, hungrily craving for more. I interweave my fingers in his dark blonde hair as I explore his mouth, devouring every little taste. He draws his lips from mine as he whispers in a husky voice, “You make me want to do crazy things to you Kayla Stewart,” before returning his lips firmly against mine.

 “Mm Hm,” I agree. I can’t help but smile as I kiss him; I guess he’s been waiting for this as long as I have. He cups my face in his hand and brings our fiery kiss to an end as he softly kisses me, our lips lightly touching. He then gives me one final soft, tender kiss before opening his eyes. I open my eyes and rest my forehead against his and we both smile, our eyes filled with glee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how do you like it? Please comment and tell me what you think - Good or bad! 

If you haven't voted already then please vote.

Thank you for reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81 10 10
Lucas didn't think he had a reason to live ,so, Brea, became his reason. But will they share the same forever? **************************************...
140K 1K 5
When Charlotte Adkins is knocked unconscious by a car, she has no idea that her entire world is going to be tilted off its axis. She loses her job, g...
91 1 20
When Kayla Price finds out she's Pregnant with the not so loving boy Dylan, her world changes for the worse. Everyone, besides her childhood best fri...
264K 8.6K 20
*Wattpad Exclusive* Kayla White's world is shattered when she gets pregnant at nineteen. Her dreams of becoming an olympic swimmer were crushed while...