I DON'T KNOW YOU

By kvnopsia

+  .    + ✹    .   ˚ .   *   · ✵     ·       .        ✵ . · · ˚ *   .     · ✺ ·" ⁀ ❝ TIMES ARE... More

00.) ordinary days
01.) school days
02.) out of the frying pan
03.) grave memories
04.) trick or treat
05.) party hard
06.) ransacked
07.) silly string
q&a
08.) a little bit of joy
09.) and a little bit of trouble
10.) to america
11.) breaking and entering
12.) troubled youth
13.) summer nights
14.) into the fire
15.) first encounters
16.) not so bad
18.) lost and found
19.) homecoming
20.) pick your battles
21.) stop
22.) no place like home
23.) owed explanations
24.) glass and silver
25.) hall of memories
26.) trust yourself
27.) we need to talk
28.) save you
29.) points
30.) old friends
31.) ink
32.) suffer the children
33.) out of time
34.) way down we go
35.) color scheme
36.) hypocrisy
37.) new beginnings
last q&a
38.) graduation
39.) parking lot reunions
40.) finale
( CODA )

17.) nothing was there

1.5K 48 101
By kvnopsia

After giving it time to think over and seeing all of your lovely comments, I've come to the decision that I'll be continuing this book! After seeing all of your comments, it actually filled me with genuine motivation. So I shall continue this book until it's completed! Thank you all❤️

Now enjoy the chapter :)

And thank you for 6.7k reads, my Lovelies💕✍️

L U N A is typing....💬

-/•\-

TWO WEEKS LATER....

• F U N N E H •

       I yawned as I sat up, rubbing my neck. I half-expected to wake up in my bed back home, like I kept on thinking every day when I woke up. But alas, I never did. I always woke up in a small blue sleeping bag on the wood floors.

      Had it already been two weeks? It seemed like longer had passed by. Almost one month into summer. I didn't know how much longer we would have to stay in this dorm, or rather, how much longer we could afford to.

     Every day we ran the risk of getting caught. But we needed food and we had to stay hygienic, so a little noise had to be made. I felt like a refugee. It's like we were hiding from an enemy despite the fact that it was modern day and time.

        "Morning," I mumbled quietly to myself, stretching. No response. So either I spoke too low or everyone was still asleep. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I was met with the sleeping faces of everyone around the room in their sleeping bags.

         Lately I had been the one waking up the earliest. That was new. I was almost always one of the last ones to wake up. But it was like the moment the sun was up, so was my body whether I was still tired or not.

        We had been eating stuff like sandwiches and chips. For the first week we had eaten fast food that we bought, but I'll be honest: you get tired of fast food real quick if you eat it everyday in a row.

     Gold and I had spent one day buying clothes for everyone (who didn't have their stuff like the Krew and their parents) so by then we all had pajamas to at least sleep in.

I decided to not wake them up and instead made my way into what was the kitchen. We didn't know if the school had shut off the electricity yet, so we had our own little ice chest of food.

I sat against the wall in the corner of the kitchen beside the counters and started to eat a sandwich we had prepared prior to that day. When I was thirsty, I grabbed a water bottle.

"Save some for the rest of us," I heard someone say. I looked at the stairs and I spotted Rainbow, who greeted my eyes with her own smile. "I swear if you make a pun—" She cut me off. "I'm gonna make a pun whether you're bread-y or not," She giggled.

I felt my eyes and face harden at her pun, showing I had no content with her joke. She laughed even more. "You love my jokes and you know it," She smirked. I rolled my eyes with a smile. "I just wish I had my daily pun calendar," She pouted.

       "We'll get you a new one," I assured her. She shrugged, "Maybe." "Wanna eat with me?" I offered. "It's not like we're doing anything else," She agreed, grabbing a bag of chips and sitting down beside me.

      "How are your new pajamas?" I asked her. "They're comfy, Funneh. How many times are you gonna ask me that?" She giggled. "As many times as I think is good enough. I wanted to make sure the pajamas we bought you are comfy," I explained.

"Well, yes, they're very comfy. Now you can stop asking that," She laughed, opening the bag of chips. It made a loud popping noise when it opened, echoing throughout the empty dorm.

We heard footsteps down the stairs. Crawling to my legs and arms, I peeked past the wall. "I sensed food in our presence," Draco sniffed.

"Come on and eat brunch with us," Rainbow invited. Taking a seat beside us with his own sandwich he pulled out of our lunch box-thing, he sighed. "We should actually do something," He pitched.

     "Kinda hard to when your home is being destroyed," Rainbow shrugged. "That doesn't mean it should constantly feel depressing," I frowned, "no one likes that feeling."

     "Well duh. It's an awful feeling. And it amazes me how some people never feel it in their lifetimes," She said. It went silent as we ate.

     "Maybe we should do something. We've just been cooped up in here," Draco suggested, biting into his sandwich. "Maybe we can show you guys around the town. That'd be fun," I shrugged, taking a drink from my water.

"I'm down for that," Draco agreed. "Me too. Let's ask the others," Rainbow urged. "We have to wait for them to wake up, Rainbow," I stopped her.

"But what if they sleep late? Then our day will be wasted," Draco defended. "Fine. Let's wake them up," I gave in.

We finished our sandwiches and drank our drinks, then hurried upstairs to wake them up. Pushing the door open slowly, we peeked into the room that was once my old bedroom during the school-year.

"Guys?" I inquired quietly. "Funneh, you're being too quiet. We would still be able to hear a pin drop at that noise level," Rainbow sighed.

"Guys!" Draco screamed. They all sat up quickly, jumping at the startling noise. "Draco!" I elbowed him. "It's not like they would be waking up at your words," Draco shrugged.

"Sorry about waking you guys up but we didn't know if you were gonna wake up late or not." I rubbed the back of my neck. "It's fine. I really don't want to sleep in," Gold shrugged, stretching.

"I need my sleep, y'know," Kyran groaned. "I don't mind, dearies. I love a good morning," Ms. Glare smiled at us. "You interrupted my sleep," Lunar pouted.

"You could be a vampire at the amount of time you spend indoors, Lunar. I think you deserve to get out a little bit," I rolled my eyes with a smile. "I don't like trying new things," She frowned.

     "That's what you said when you met us. Now hurry up and get ready," Rainbow instructed. "Why?" Gold and Kyran asked at the same time.

      "We were wondering if you guys wanted to see and show the others the city? It'd be really fun," I inquired. "Sure," Gold and Lunar agreed. Kyran shrugged.

     "How about it, pa? Wanna come with us?" Rainbow smiled. "Oh, I'd love to, Creampuff, but my legs don't do so well when it comes to walkin' 'round for long periods of time. Maybe another time," He shook his head.

      "And you, mom?" Gold looked at her mother. "Oh, I don't wanna leave Rainbow's poor pops all alone here. You all go have fun. You're young, go live your lives, sweethearts," Ms. Glare gave us a cheery smile.

     "If you say so, ma'am," Lunar shrugged, getting up. Gold and Lunar got up. "Kyran, you don't sound so sure on going. You don't have to, y'know," Rainbow explained. "I actually was gonna go somewhere to meet up with someone. Can I? It's fine if you don't want me to—" Draco cut him off.

     "Dude, just go and have fun," He chuckled. "Really?" Kyran inquired. "Yeah, now go!" We all rushed him.

When Kyran was done getting ready, he left after saying goodbye. Then we all took our own turns for getting ready.

ONE HOUR LATER....

"Draco, hurry up," I rushed. I was already ready and so was the rest of the Krew —except for Gold who was doing whatever with her makeup— but Draco was taking his sweet time.

"You're a guy. What could you possibly be doing that could take so long? You got tuffs of hair on your head. It ain't long hair like ours," Lunar pounded on the door.

     It opened dramatically, revealing Draco. "What took you so long?" I urged. "I'mma be honest, I spent like twenty minutes just listening to music," He chuckled.

     Lunar smacked him, earning a chuckle from all of us. "All I can imagine is just you recreating the scene from Gravity Falls where Dipper sings 'Disco Girl' in the bathroom before Grunkle Stan barges in and he screams," Lunar laughed.

     "I remember that scene," Rainbow giggled. "Disco Girl, coming through, that girl is you, oooh, ooh," Lunar sang jokingly.

     "You're so weird," Gold giggled. "I'm the definition of weird, hun," Lunar rolled her eyes with a smile. "Don't 'hun' me!" Gold pouted.

     "Ha," Lunar giggled. "Come on, guys. We're losing daylight," I rushed. Gold finished up with her makeup and we headed out.

"What first?" Rainbow inquired. "Let's get something to eat. After last week, all we've been eating is sandwiches," I suggested. "Sure," They all agreed in unison.

       My phone's been dead for two days by then. I lost my charger and none of the Krew members have theirs. We could always buy them, but I kept forgetting to.

     "Can we stop at a store on the way back? We need chargers," I explained. "I thought the dorms didn't have any electricity?" Gold furrowed her eyebrows.

     "We can just charge them anywhere else," I shrugged. "That works," Draco agreed. "Yeah," Rainbow added.

     We made our way to a little shop. As we went along, the Krew pointed out every little thing. They were enjoying it. They admired everything and asked questions about what each place was or what each thing did.

      It was quite fun to show them around here, a place that they hadn't been in. Well, Rainbow saw the old Yandere High before it was remodeled but much had changed since then.

    When we entered the shop, they explored it. Separating to see everything the shop had to offer. I grabbed seven chargers —which any person would question if they didn't know our situation— then made my way to the cashier.

      "Ooh, is this keychain for sale? It's a Gudetama keychain," I heard Lunar exclaim in awe. "New friends?" The cashier asked.

     I had been to this shop a few times. "Uh, sorta. We've been friends for a long time, it's just it's their first time visiting here," I smiled.

      "Well, I hope they're having a fun time," He raised an eyebrow as he looked at them all. "I think they're having a fantastic time," I laughed.

      He chuckled. "Thank you," I smiled, grabbing the chargers after paying him. "Anytime. Have a nice day with your friends," He cheered.

      "Come on, do you want anything from here?" I inquired. "Nah, we were just admiring," Lunar shrugged. "You guys are gonna get us in trouble, I swear," I laughed.

     "At least we didn't steal anything," Rainbow giggled. "Lunar?" I shifted my eyes towards her. "What? I don't steal! I only borrow your things," She pouted.

     "I know," I laughed. "Come on, let's get going. I'm hungry," Gold rushed. With those words Gold spoke, we hurried towards a food place.

• E V A N •

       "Did he answer?" I asked. "Yeah. He's meeting us at Pablo's Pizzaria," Alec explained. "Pablo's Pizzaria?" Aly raised an eyebrow.

      "To be fair, we're hungry, Aly. We want food," I clarified. "Never been to Pablo's Pizzaria," She shrugged. "They have the best pizza," Alec and I said.

     "Finally you guys agree on something. You two were becoming the next Alec and Kyran," Aly chuckled. "Alec and Kyran are like cats and dogs. I ain't got any of that tension," I pushed away the metaphor.

     Alec didn't say anything as we started towards Pablo's Pizzaria. We kept up small banter as we walked, but it felt slightly empty with three of the others missing. It was like we all had our places in the gang, and two of those pieces were missing temporarily.

TEN MINUTES LATER....

     "We're here," Alec announced, looking up from his phone. "Nope, I've still never seen this place," Aly laughed. "Well, you'll love their food," I implied. "We'll see," She shrugged.

     Entering the building, the woman standing at the cashier register smiled at us. "Welcome to Pablo's Pizzaria," She welcomed. We nodded at her.

       Picking a table to sit at, we sat down. "Wanna see if he's on his way?" I asked. Alec nodded. I watched as his fingers swiftly moved across his phone's screen in a fast manner.

      "Man, I don't know how everyone can text so fast," I chuckled. "It's easy," Aly sighed. "Girl, you have nails. How do you even type with those long fingernails of yours?" I inquired.

      "Same way I can scratch someone with them," She shrugged, inspecting her nails with her eyes. "What are you, Freddy Krueger?" Alec chuckled.

      "Did you just call me a nightmare?" Aly gasped, smacking the air in front of Alec since I assumed her arm was too short to actually reach him.

      "Sisters, am I right?" Alec chuckled to me. "Brothers," I rolled my eyes with a smile, thinking of my younger brother, Jaycen.

"Siblings," We laughed in unison. "I'm gonna hurt both of you, I swear," I heard Aly mumble underneath her breath as she crossed her arms.

Alec's phone chimed with a high-pitched noise, "It's Kyran." Without any other words, he started to type quickly again with his fast fingers.

"He's almost here," Alec explained. Aly opened her mouth to speak but a waitress who walked up to our table cut her off.

"Welcome to Pablo's Pizzaria. How may I be of service?" The waitress inquired, holding a tablet and pen as her face formed a wide smile.

Everyone in this place was always so friendly.

"Can I get a water with ice?" Alec inquired. She nodded as I ordered a Sprite with ice. I didn't like sodas without ice in them.

"And I'll have Coke with no ice," Aly ordered. "With no ice? It'll get hot faster," I pointed out. "I don't like ice in my drinks," Aly frowned.

(Me too, Aly)

"My little sis is weird. You get used to it," Alec shrugged with a smirk. Aly shot him a look that said 'How dare you throw shade at me' as the waitress came back with our drinks.

I heard the front doors to the building open and I turned around in my chair, spotting Kyran as he walked in. He said something to the cashier lady from afar, then waved to us.

We called him over and he sat down beside us. "Alright, so what happened? After the party two weeks ago, you said something happened and that you wanted to tell us," Aly crossed her arms.

"Have you seen the news?" Kyran asked, fixing the collar of his shirt. We shook our heads. He pulled out his phone and showed us.

      "Hurricane Jennica hits Toronto at a fast and alarming rate, authorities and meteorologists state that they could not track it in time," I read the title out loud.

"My English teacher was right, titles for articles are too long nowadays because people never actually read the text," Aly mumbled.

"Aly, this is a hurricane and all you can think about is that your English teacher was right?" Alec rolled his eyes at his younger sister. She shrugged.

"But what about Hurricane Jennica? I mean, yeah, I'm sorry for the people there in Toronto but why'd you show that to us?" I inquired to Kyran, who pulled his phone away.

Kyran sighed and started to fill us in on what happened and why he showed us an article about Hurricane Jennica. But then he told us something else.

"But the families and friends weren't just any friends and families of Funneh and Gold. No, they were them. The people from those photos we found in Funneh's room," Kyran said.

"You're joking, Kyran. There's no way," I shook my head and disagreed with what he said. "It does sound pretty far-fetched, Kyran," Alec agreed with me.

"I'm not joking! It was them! I can clearly tell," Kyran furrowed his eyebrows in frustration to try and get us to agree with him.

"Well even if it was them, how can you tell? Those photos we saw were of them when they were younger. People can change drastically in a few years," Aly sighed.

"I can prove it," Kyran frowned. We all raised an eyebrow. "I can. Look, let's eat and then I'll prove it to you," Kyran crossed his arms.

"That works," We agreed. We ordered a pizza and waited for it to be cooked as we talked. And it was obvious Kyran was serious about it.

Was he sure? Was it really them? Or was Aly right?

THIRTY MINUTES LATER....

• L U N A R •

"So what do you guys feel like eating?" Gold asked. "Food," Draco chuckled. I smacked him on the arm for his joke.

      "Hey!" He shrieked, shifting away from me. "Yeah, only I can make puns," Rainbow smiled. "Bad puns," I mumbled.

     "Hey! I heard that!" Rainbow pouted, glancing at me as we laughed. "But for real, what do you want to eat?" Funneh giggled.

     "Chinese food!" I cheered. "That doesn't sound so bad," Gold smirked. "Yeah, Chinese food," I restated.

     "I'm down for that," Draco agreed. "Me too," Rainbow smiled.

     "Alright, that works. Let's try China Rose," Funneh cheered. "I love their rice," Gold smiled.

     "Wait, I see a portable charger for sale in that shop. Can I get it?" I inquired to Funneh, who had been leading the group through the city.

"Sure. Want us to go with you or...?" She shrugged, handing me a five dollar bill.

"Nah. You guys can go ahead, just try and walk slower," I chuckled sheepishly. She nodded.

"Oh wait, could you charge mine when you get it? Mine's been dead," Funneh inquired, handing me her phone.

"Sure. Anyone else got a dead phone?" I asked, looking at the others. "Close to death but not quite. I'll just wait," Draco chuckled.

"Mine's still got twenty percent. I'm okay," Rainbow waved away the offer while Gold shook her head. I nodded and waved goodbye.

I inspected Funneh's case and it's blue and white casing. She had the little Krew symbol written in blue on the back of it. Then I shoved it into my back pocket.

They all nodded back and hurried ahead, continuing to talk. I walked into the shop with a bounce in my step from being in a good mood. Being with the Krew always put a smile on my face.

I started humming and skipped over to the aisle of portable chargers and other things for phones. I reached up but failed to actually grab one.

I groaned. I wasn't that short. I was average height, in fact. I've never really struggled with that problem.

I shifted my eyes to each side, checking to see if anyone was around. It was a small shop, so I'd have to be quick. I stepped onto the first shelf, which creaked slightly.

I felt my breath hitch slightly in panic, scared that a mere movement that hits the shelf would break it. Have you ever stood on one of them? Those things, which for shelves that were supposed to hold up lots of items, were extremely delicate.

I stood on the tips of my toes and reached up, barely grabbing the end of one of the portable chargers. I smirked in slight glee as I pulled one off.

As I stepped off, one of my feet took a slight misstep and I tumbled backwards. Letting out a quiet but inhuman sounding squeal, I leaned backwards against the wall awkwardly in an attempt to keep my body from falling.

I was basically a bridge from one side to another. With my back facing the ground and my face facing upwards, I balanced myself there uncomfortably whilst still looking like some gate on the aisle.

"Well, then," I mumbled to myself. That was an awkward situation to walk into if anyone had walked through the aisle.

Thankfully no one has, I thought to myself.

But I spoke too soon.

The sight of someone walking into the same aisle startled me, resulting in me losing my balance and sliding against the wall.

"Are you okay?" The voice of the person inquired, hurrying to my side. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just did something stupid," I murmured, standing up.

I looked up at the person. They had green eyes like Draco, except they weren't a bright neon green like his. They were dark and murky, a color from a swamp you could imagine.

His hair was black with blue highlights in the front, very lush. And he looked like someone from a band, I'll be honest.

"Thanks," I shrugged, grabbing the portable charger from the floor. He nodded at me and I swiftly skipped away to the cashier register, hoping that I wouldn't look like I was embarrassed to say the least.

"Hello, Love," The guy who worked the register smiled at me in a friendly manner. I smiled back. Handing him the portable charger, I asked, "Hey, um, do these chargers come pre-charged?"

"Ah, yes! Indeed they do! That's actually what we do to keep customers coming. People can't stand a dead phone out in public, and we all know the struggle. So we pre-charge them," He explained.

"Well, that's cool," I mumbled. He nodded. An awkward silence filled the air until he broke it.

"Took a tumble on the floor, eh?" The cashier man chuckled. I felt my face slightly redden. "You saw that?"

"Of course, Love, I see everything that 'appens in this store. And especially when young ladies climb my shelves," He raised an eyebrow at me like he was trying to say, 'no duh I saw you, you were literally climbing on an aisle' but was too polite to say it.

"Sorry, sir. I just really needed to get this charger. Electricity's been down at my home and while my phone isn't dead, the other ones in my group do have dead phones," I explained.

"It's okay. Just don't go climbing around in other places. Not everyone is understanding," He warned, scanning the portable charger and handing it back to me.

"Oh, trust me, I know that," I murmured, thinking back to when those clowns buried me alive. I shuddered. Ain't no clown ever getting me again, I thought to myself.

"Well, then 'ave a nice day, Love," He smiled cheerfully at me as he waved goodbye to me. I waved goodbye back and skipped out of the shop.

I didn't spot the Krew immediately, but I knew the general direction we were heading in. Funneh had shown us earlier.

I kept walking ahead until I finally spotted them. Their hair colors were bright, yes, but their hair colors are common. Now if they were like the more rare colors like white, or even galaxy, or gradient, I probably would have spotted them instantly.

But blue, pink, brown, and black are not rare hair colors. Quite the opposite, in fact. I quickened my pace and started to rush over to them when I realized something.

I stopped dead in my tracks and froze. I kept staring at the Krew while I reached my hand into my back pocket. But there was nothing there.

Nothing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 1.2K 22
「COMPLETED」 Gold thought losing her parents was hard, but when she loses someone even closer, her life can't seem to go on. She still has to run a k...
1.2K 22 12
Welcome to book 3!! This book is a free roamed one!! Which means it comes in a surprise!! A surprise I don't even know, haha!! Though, I will have ad...
7.4K 128 13
(Y/N) one day went to high school called Yandere High school for short YHS and when she was just a kid she got hit by a car and went into a coma and...
29.3K 1.1K 35
After Funneh and Gold leave YH for an emergency back in Canada,Alec,Kyran and Evan meet a strange man and he asks them to join his team. His agency. ...