Paint and Flame (RWBY X Male...

By SuperJediWizardDude

Remnant is said to be experiencing a time of peace, though the huntsmen and huntresses of the world fight ano... More

Rise From the Ashes
Feed the Need
We're Off to See the Wizard...
Off to a "Great" Start
Into the Fire
Into the Fire (part two)
A Call Way Too Close
Assholes Come in Many Shapes and Sizes
Smooth Criminal
The Neon Trail
Ends At The Fall
Flames of Desperation
What Secrets Can't Keep
The Right Thing... For Who?
Extreme House Arrest
Wasting Away
Like a Good Little Slave
Vengeance Comes First; Justice Comes Second
Man With a Plan
You Owe Me Now
Race to Save Face

The Incomplete Not-So-Grand Master Plan

2.8K 78 61
By SuperJediWizardDude

Hey there! So, real quick, it's about that time in the story where certain development must be made. By that I mean the romance of course. I was planning on making it one of my OCs (or Atra) but you all can vote otherwise should you wish. So VOTE TODAY. 

---(Y/N)---

     I sat there, feeling like dying, if nothing else, as Port continued with his story. It's not as if I cared anymore. Or anyone in the class for that matter. The clock read 3:59. It was the worst predicament a student could be out in. Below me, I noticed Jaune scoot over to Weiss before essentially asking her out for the umpteenth time. Of course, like every time before then, she gave him a cold ass shoulder. 

     After what felt like an eternity, the bell finally rung, signaling the school day's end. I stood, quickly finding the door and leaving. My next stop was imminently the dorm, as I really didn't bother going anywhere else other than the bathroom or the cafeteria. When I finally arrived, I opened the door, the DUP agents staying outside. It was routine by now. Get in, do work, finish work, wait for DUP to say I could get food, get food, go back to dorm. Of course, I could go to other places, however, not for long. 

     I had been alone for around thirty minuets when the door was pushed open to reveal one of the agents. "Get ready to go; there's someone here to see you." He left as soon as he entered, leaving me to get presentable. Not without reluctance, I stepped through the door and begun my armed 'escort' to Ozpin's office. As we moved through the hallways, we passed by RWBY's dorm right as they were leaving. When they saw me, they all seamed to tense. I only looked at them for a second, however, as I knew there would be no point in starting a conversation. 

     Several minuets later, I was standing in an elevator as the doors opened to reveal Ozpin in his office with . . . her. 

     "Ah, (Y/N), just the person I wanted to see." Augustine said, stepping toward me. As I walked closer, she stuck a hand out, as if to shake. Just then, a thought entered my head. She wants me to lash out - to ignore her. Oh I'll show you unexpected. Bitch. I raised my hand to meet hers, putting on a bright smile. 

"Augustine! It's been too long! So how are things at work, eh? Those darn Pathfinders of Light givin' ya a hard time?" It took a moment to register, but she didn't have enough time to compose herself before the bright flash of a scroll snapped her back to her senses from the state of utter surprise she had previously been in. With my bright smile becoming mischievous, I brought my scroll up to where she could see it. "Wow, Augie! This is a keeper!" I showed her the image of her derpitude, all the while trying to look innocent. "Just wait 'till the world sees this!" It took her another second, but she did manage to say something. 

"G-Give that to me. Now." She held out her hand expectantly, but all I did was smile and start walking away. She nodded at one of her men, leading to him taking out the collar controller. Funny thing was, she thought I was done. 

"Now, Augie! I'm hurt that you would do such a thing! Surely you wouldn't harm a poor unarmed child just because of a picture? I mean, I just want to see your face more often!" My voice became less cheerful, suddenly, as it took a more threatening tone. "After all, you are what keeps me going." With my objective complete, I turn and walk up to Ozpin's desk. 

     "So, Ozpin, you wanted to see me?" I asked. 

"As a matter of fact, it was her," he gestured at Ginger Bitch, "who came here to see you." The headmaster rested his head on his intertwined hands. I looked behind me to see Augustine walking up to us. 

"Yes. I believe we can come to a mutual agreement." She said. Oh boy. This is going be rich as fuck. "You see, (Y/N), I know what it's like to be bound, incapable, helpless. I know the feeling more so than most." Bullshit. "Which is why I think we can work together and, asuming you cooperate, I can give you some freedom back."

"So is this on some point system for the amount of conduits I kill? Three hours for the parents and five for the children?" I glared at her, not liking where this was going. 

"Well that's certainly more morbid an answer than I would have hoped for, but no. You see, I think we share interests. You want freedom, I want freedom. I mean, we want it for different reasons, but still *relatively* the same. So here's the deal. We don't know enough about conduits to effectively combat them. Now, we have one here and on our side." On our side . . . that's a funny joke. "We need to learn, you need to fight. This is a combat school after all. So this is what I'm thinking: I let you participate in Goodwitch's combat class, and you let us observe you; learn all we can about conduits. Then we all walk away happy." She looked at me as she finished, watched as the glare never left my face. 

"You know, this is all fairly interesting for someone who was talking about crushing my dreams not too long ago." I said bitterly. "So let me get this right. You want to let me participate in combat class so you can learn about conduits. What you left out was that you really wanted to learn the more effective way to kill. Well, let me set you straight. I will never help you hunt down the innocent. Those forced to live in shadows because of your oppression. Half the damn conduits in Curdun were innocent people who were arrested for what they were! So you can take your 'deal' and shove it up that dildo sized ass of yours!" I was breathing heavily, and cold tell that at least Ozpin was the least bit surprised at my outburst. 

     Her hands slammed down on either side of me as she leaned in. Instinctively I leaned away, bending backwards over Ozpin's desk. "Then you can rot here at Beacon for all I care." She spoke viciously. "And when you graduate, your headmaster won't be there to protect you anymore. And I'll be there with a smile on my face, savoring every moment you're dragged off in cuffs." She stood fully, turned, and walked back to the elevator door. The other three in the room could tell the tension was high in the glare battle between her and I. When she finally decided to leave, Ozpin started to talk. 

      "Gentlemen," he gestured to my 'guards,' "if you would please give us a moment." They looked reluctant, as I knew they would. "Please. He has the shock collar on and if anything were to happen, you would be the first to know." Ozpin gave them a reassuring look and, by some miracle, they walked to the elevator and left. "Wonderful. Now that the nuisances are gone, I believe we may talk about your participation in combat class." I immediately glared at him. 

"If you think who's saying the words has makes any difference on how I'll respond, then you're-"

"Relax, (Y/N). I never said anything about Augustine's deal. In fact, I really don't believe you need it."

"You're . . . letting me into combat class? Just like that?"

"I know you hold no ill intent and that can only be proven through the risk. I'll notify Glynda and tell the agents we came to an agreement over the scroll."

" . . . Thank you Ozpin."

"It is as I have said. Now, all things considered, I do believe word of this should not reach other ears for the time being. What they do not know will not hurt them, and what won't hurt them will not matter to them." Ozpin smirked slyly. A gesture which I gladly returned. 

     With business concluded, I left. Of course, the agents were waiting for me and continued following me once I entered the school. Classes were empty for the day so I had my limited range of options. Eventually I just decided on going back to my room. The first thought I had when we arrived was how much easier it would be to escape now that I'd be let off the leash during combat class of all times.

     An hour or so went by, work was done, and I was sitting on my bed. Suddenly, the door swung open. "You have a visitor." Said the rough voice of the DUP agent. Once he moved out of the way, Dimitri walked in, purposefully slamming the door or the agent's back. A moment of awkward silence passed before the drinker decided to say something. 

     "Geez. This's the first time you've talked to me in how long? And you haven't said a thing to me. Gosh! You're so disappointing!" He shrugged with one arm as he looked down, a smirk adorning his face. A happier smile formed on my lips, realizing the situation I was in. Out of the corner of his eye, he looked up at me. "No? Still nothing?" I shook my head and razed my fist, pumping it with his. 

"So how have things been with . . . well, me gone an all?" I asked. He hesitated for a moment. 

"Honestly, they aren't exactly good. RWBY and RNPR are co-oping reasonably well but, Sloane and Atra . . ."

"Do they still - uh - you know?"

"Sloane will come around. Atra, on the other hand, is being a little-"

"Reluctant? Stubborn?" I asked dejectedly. 

"Yeah. Something like that. You know, I'm all for saving the innocent. What you did to save that boy was amazing but, sometimes you have to think about yourself too."

"I didn't care about what happened to me."

"Maybe not, but now our team is split, Atra and Sloane have lost a leader and friend, RWBY and JNPR will probably never speak to you again . . ."

"You're encouraging."

"Hey, I'm only telling the truth. So long as you're bound by these chains, so to speak, nothing will change." Dimitri sighed. "Which brings me to my next topic: how do you plan on escaping?"

"Escaping?" I asked. 

"Don't tell me you just planned to sit here and rot, right?" His question made reminisce Augustine's rant from earlier. 

"Funny. That's exactly how Augustine said it." I said, not making eye contact. 

"Augustitch the Bitch? What did she want with you?"

"She came to see me after the day ended. Wanted to make a deal." Dimitri looked a little hesitant at my answer. 

"What kind of deal?"

"She said that if I gave her information on how to fight conduits, she'd let me into combat class."

"Ah - I assume you said no."

"Yeah, didn't want to be making any deals with her. On the bright side, I can join in combat class now anyway thanks to Ozpin." Dimitri smirked. 

"Classic Ozpin. Hey, you could use that as an opportunity! Maybe shit kick Cardin and spare him or something, you know? Lighten the public image a little."

"Yeah I could, but nothing will change so long as these guards follow me around." I said, frowning. 

"I bet you could get them to leave." Dimitri said. 

"Mhm. I bet . . ."

" . . . I dare you to go piss them off . . ." The pink haired boy smiled devilishly. 

"Wha-? No! I double dare you!"

"Triple!" He shot back.

"Quadruple!"

"Quintuple!"

"Sextuple!"

"Se- se- seventu- fuck!" The drinker yelled!

"HA! I took all your tuples and ruples and iples and I shoved them up your ass!"

"THAT SOUNDS WRONG!" He yelled. 

"I KNOW!" 

"Shut up in there!" A guard yelled outside. 

"FUCK YOU!" We stopped for a moment to realize we had yelled it in sync. We looked at each other, a smile slowly growing on our faces before we both burst out laughing, unable to hold it in. 

     Several minutes later, we both composed ourselves enough to speak. "But in all honesty, how do plan on getting out?" Dimitri asked. I thought for a moment before a thought came to mind. 

"Hey, Dimitri, mister criminal mastermind, how good are you at creating distractions?"

As I said up there (for those who don't give a damn) I NEED ROMANCE VOTES AND SHIT! Please try to pick from one of the OCs or Atra. If you really want a canon character, I can still count that as a vote for them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 502 21
Do you believe there are such things as the Devil and the Angel? That the Angel would protect you if you are good while the Devil would do whatever i...
136K 2.3K 65
"You are special, but you just do not see it yet." "What do you mean?" "You were destined to be a huntsman from the minute you were borne to this wor...
340K 5.3K 25
The world of Remnant is home to many mysteries and myths. Y/N one of the very few who knew the truth was highly capable to combat these threats but e...
232K 3K 16
(Y/N), The Greatest Huntsman of All Time, have been a hero to everyone in Remnant for quite some time now. Your militaristic training and ideals has...