Let Me In [YOONMIN]

By not_todayjimin

Min Yoongi, a closed up junior in college that can't seem to fall in love. It's the beginning of the year and... More

Author's Note
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven*
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen*
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen*
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight*
Twenty Nine
Thirty*
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three*
Thirty Four
Thirty Five ~ Finale*

Twenty Six

437 22 0
By not_todayjimin

JIMIN'S POV

The time had come where I would see Yoongi again. Only a few weeks after my first day as an intern, Yoongi's parents informed me that Yoongi wanted to meet with me.

I was nervous, I would be the one lying to him now but I had to do this for him.

I woke up super early that day and got ready the best I could. I tried to remain calm but it wasn't happening. I got dressed, took a coffee and headed to the hospital. I found my white coat, I observed it for a second and thought about how proud I was of myself, I never believed I'd do something like this, but I wished my real name was on it. Maybe someday.

Noon came by and I went downstairs to the lobby to meet with Yoongi and his parents. I saw him...after five whole years. He looked exactly the same as when I last did, actually he looked prettier. His skin was glowing, his hair was a reddish color and his smile was shining bright.

He had his service dog with him and she was the cutest dog I've seen in a while, she looked so happy to be with Yoongi.

I tried to prepare myself for this in hopes that Yoongi wouldn't suspect it was me. I hoped he wouldn't recognize my voice.

"Mr. and Mrs. Min, it's so nice to finally meet you." I said and shook their hands.
"I'm Dr. Moon. Moon Jihyun. I'm the one doing the research."

"Nice to meet you Dr. Moon. We've heard so much about you. This is our son, Yoongi." His mom said as she shook my hand. Yoongi had her eyes and her nose, it was quite adorable.

"Hi Yoongi, I'm Dr Moon." I said confidently, trying to use a different tone in my own voice.

"Nice to meet you too doctor. I'm very excited for this." Yoongi said, he never lost his bright smile.

"Thank you for taking the time to come and meet us, I know you must be very busy." His dad said, Yoongi looked a lot like him. They had the same body and most of the same features.

"Of course sir. I've been meeting with many patients these days to give them all the information about my research. Now many people have been wanting to try this out, be the first to be operated on the trial which means there is no guarantee, but I know you want to wait to make sure that this will work. Once it does, you'll be the first one to be operated Yoongi." I said and he smiled again. It took everything within my power to keep myself from hugging him.

"I already have all the information on...how you became blind so, I know exactly what to work with. If you want to talk more about it Yoongi, I have some time. We will be spending time together anyways." I said, I hoped he would accept my offer.

"Sure, why not. I have nothing better to do anyway."

"Yoongi your mother and I have a tight schedule." His father said.

"I can bring him back. I'm not even on call right now. I just want to talk to him more about the trial." I said and looked at his dad, hoping he'd approve.

"Fine, just make sure he's okay, Dr. Moon."

"Awesome, come this way Yoongi. I'll take you to the office." I said and took his arm and linked it around mine. It had been so long since I touched him.

I took him to the office where all my research was and helped him sit.

"So this is your dog?" I asked, looking down at the golden Labrador.

"Yes, her name is Cali. She's the best. She watches over me." He said and patted her head.

"She's adorable. I'm glad you have an angel like that."

"You know, you sound really familiar. You remind me of someone I know." Yoongi said and with that, my stomach flipped and my heart began to race.

"Really? Who?"

"Uhm...my ex boyfriend. I don't know where he is now though, we haven't spoken in years. I hope he's doing okay but I'm just mad at the fact that he never wanted to see how I was doing. One day he just disappeared. We spoke one last time and then I never heard of him again. I did tell him goodbye but I didn't expect him to actually vanish. He's the reason I'm blind, not entirely but...well it's a long story...I'm sorry I don't mean to drown you with my personal stuff."

It broke my heart, I never wanted to ignore him for all these years but I had to for his sake. He'd never want me back but he'd also hate me even more for lying about my identity.

"It's fine Yoongi. We all have our stories and our demons. However, I am determined to make you well."

"Why me? Why are you so focused on me?"

"Well your parents asked me. They contacted me once they heard about the research and were really asking me to help you. Now that I've met you, well I think you have a lot to live for so, I want to give you your eyes back." I said, but I only knew the truth.

"I don't really have that much to live for anymore so even if I stay blind I won't really care. My life is already fucked up as it is." Yoongi said and rested his cheek in his palm.

"Don't say that. We all make mistakes and do things we aren't proud of, but it doesn't mean we can't change and be better. Society is rough, I know, but they aren't perfect either. So don't worry. Maybe you're not happy now and maybe you haven't felt happy in years, but you can be some day." I said, and he let out a smile.

"I didn't know you were a therapist too." He said, kind of sarcastically so I chuckled.

"I'm not...but I want to make you feel better too. I want to help you. Anyways, I'll tell you all about this research and then we can go get coffee if you want." I suggested and he agreed.

"I'm kinda peckish though."

Cute.

"We can get food too." I said and he smiled even more, I missed him more than anything in the world, I just wanted to hug him and kiss him and tell him: it's me, Jimin.

Anyways, I took Yoongi out to a nearby restaurant where I'd spend most of my lunches alone or with who ever wanted to tag along and not eat the food from the hospital.

"It's smells good in here." Yoongi pointed out as we walked to our table.

"Yes, it's one of my favorite places here, not that I've had much time to go to other places in Daegu." I said and helped him sit.

"I can recommend many places that I know are good, but what do you recommend from this one. I've never been here."

I smiled and just stared at him for a few seconds as he sat across from me. It reminded me of the first time we went on a real date, he was so romantic and I just wished I could turn back time and relive it all over again.

"Dr. Moon?"

"Uh. Yeah, you can call me Jihyun by the way."

"Oh okay. Well what are you gonna get?"

"Probably noodles..."

"Jimins favorite were noodles too." He said.

"Who's Jimin?" I asked sheepishly, I worried he probably suspected me.

"My ex boyfriend I told you about. But noodles sounds good, I'll just have what you're having." He said and have me the menu.

"Sure thing. Would you like some tea?"

"Sure, raspberry tea?"

"Yes! I love that." I said, another thing he knew about me but I hoped he just believed it's a coincidence.

He smiled and then turned his head to the side to pet his dog.
Soon I ordered our food and then we ate and he told me a lot about his old life but of course never mentioned what happened in his dark past or why he broke up with me. I just told him about how I graduated college early and went to medical school.

"No, Jihyun I got the bill, don't worry. Being an intern isn't that financially rewarding. I invited you after all so let me pay for it." He said when the waiter brought us the check.

It was a fight and I didn't want to let him but he won anyways.

"Do you want to go for a walk in the park? Before I take you home. It'll be good for Cali too." I said and he nodded in excitement.

Maybe I would become friends with him again...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 412 21
you attend a korean arts high school. you major in dancing/choreography. while being in that class you meet a guy named min yoongi. he's such a jerk...
698 41 1
Yoongi fell in love with Jimin when he moved into the house next door. Jimin moves away a few years later and Yoongi thinks he's missed his chance t...
556 5 1
Yoongi is 24 and goes to university. He has a soft spot for his classmate Park Jimin (22), but shows it in the wrong way. But then his parents come t...
57.4K 2K 14
Yoongi comes back into Jimin's life. Jimin is far from ready to even be around him. {Sequel to losingjams247}