BABYLON //a.f.i//

5secondsofforever tarafından

One pill Two pill Three pill Four Gun shots Bullets Liquor and lead Be careful love That you don't drop ... Daha Fazla

PLEASE READ FIRST
• T E C H N I C O L O R •
• P E R S E P H O N E •
• G O D S A N D M O N S T E R S •
• S T R A N G E M E N •
• V A N I S H •
• N O G O I N G B A C K•
• S O M E T H I N G B A D •
• S I N F U L •
• W E S E E W H A T W E W A N T•
• F L A S H B A C K P T. 1 •
• S E E I N G G H O S T S •
• N I G H T R I D E S •
• LUKE AND CORA MAKE BAD DECISIONS: EPISODE 1 •
•LUKE AND CORA MAKE BAD DECISIONS: EPISODE 2 •
• C A T C H F I R E •
• W O N D E R L A N D •
• FLASHBACK PT. 2•
• THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY •
•FLASHBACK PT. 3•
• R E C K O N I N G •

•NOT ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD•

27 7 0
5secondsofforever tarafından

•••Cora•••
________________________________

"What did you just call me?"

Max Ronan's face went white again as he attempted to keep his composure. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"Cora, what're you talking about?" I heard Ashton from next to me, but his voice seemed a million miles away.

"Why did you call me that?" My shaking hands clenched into fists. "Why did you call me that?!" I repeated as I stood up wildly, my ragged voice dripping desperation. The images began to flood my mind, memories resurfacing. I hadn't heart that name spoken in years. "Who the fuck are you?!"

Ashton grabbed me by the shoulders, forcing me to look at him now. "Cora!" his voice was demanding now, serious. "Cora what the fuck are you talking about?"

I could hear every beat of my heart. I could hear every rush of air into my lungs. It was all too much. It was all too fucking much. All their faces, every memory I locked so deep down inside of me. The pain was excruciating. My blood felt as if it had turned to acid. "I have to go." I spoke, still shaking, as I pulled myself away from Ashton, shoving past him. I looked back at the table, my eyes meeting those of Max Ronan. "Who are you?" I whispered more to myself than to him. "Who are you?" I turned around, my hands pressed to my temples as tears stung the corners of my eyes.

I stumbled away from the scene clumsily, the heels hindering my escape. Everything blurred together, and that's when the voices came back. They echoed throughout my subconscious. Cordelia. They whispered. Cordelia. I shook my head from side to side, and all I could see were the flashing lights, blinding me. "No." I whispered to myself. "No, no, no." I couldn't stand it. Everything burned. I needed it gone. I needed it suppressed. I needed the illusion.

"You okay babe? You look like shit." A woman's voice broke into my thoughts, pulling me back from the pain for a few moments.

I blinked, and sitting at one of the metallic tables was a woman with magenta hair. She wore a pink minidress that seemed to be made entirely of sequins,as she sparkled like a disco ball in the lights. She sipped on a martini glass slowly as she she looked me over, her arm draped over the booth in a comfortable but seductive fashion.

"W-what?" Was the only comprehensible word I was able to get out. I was still shaking, and I felt incredibly nauseous. My head my spinning and my stomach churning.

She took a slow sip before responding. "I said you look like shit. Is Cinderella not having a very good time at the ball?"

I didn't know who this woman was or why she had chosen to speak to me. Given I probably looked like a psychotic mess, I didn't blame her. Everyone loves a spectacle, especially a messy one.

"I've-I've got to go." I mumbled almost incoherently. The world spun around me, and I pressed my hands against my temples.

"Heyyy you weird bitch, sit the fuck down." The  woman stood up, immediately steadying me with her arms. She guided me to the bleach leather booth opposite her. I sat down, my body suddenly feeling like lead. I placed my elbows on the table, resting my forehead on my hands, trying to ground myself.

"You look fucked up." I heard her slide back into her place in the booth. "You on something?"

"No." I whispered. "No but trust me I'd give anything to be right now."

"And why's that?" Her voice was liquid gold.

"I don't like it." I whispered. "I just don't fucking like this." I waved my arms around me incoherently. "It doesn't make sense. It just doesn't make any fucking sense." I looked up and met her sky blue eyes, which were focused on me in an intrigued manner.

"Damn babe you do need a little something to take the edge off." She chuckled darkly, reaching down and grabbing a pink bedazzled clutch that shown as bright as her dress. "Lucky for you, you ran into the right gal." She opened the bag, pulling out multiple small plastic bags each containing an assortment of rainbow colored pills of all shapes and sizes. "And I'm feeling especially generous tonight."

I could feel my heart accelerate at the sight of all the pills. Beautiful little capsules and tablets of color and wonder; it hadn't really been that long the last time I'd been high, but just the sight of them ignited a wanting in my blood so strong I could feel the burn in my veins. "I don't have any money with me." I whispered ruggedly, my eyes never leaving the multicolored pills.

"I said I was feeling generous." I looked back up at the magenta haired woman. "So take your pick."

I breathed slowly. "You're kidding. People don't give this shit away for free."

"Listen, I know a desperate soul when I see one. Rarely am I actually intrigued by a person I meet, but you... The stories those eyes could tell, hm? So take your pick. You can have a bag." She arched an eyebrow, her pink hair in large curls around her shoulders. She wore a diamond tiara to top it off, looking oddly like a sparkling cone of cotton candy.

I chewed on my lip. This was weird. This woman was strange, and her proposition was even stranger. If I've learned anything, it's that everything costs something. But in this moment of agonizing pain and hatred, I threw caution to the wind. I just wanted the voices to stop. I just wanted the memories to melt away, even if it were only for a few hours. I just wanted to be free again, free from my own conscious.

I reached out, my fingers dancing softly over one of the bags before looking back up at the woman. "It's all yours." She smiled, picking up her martini glass again and raising it. "Enjoy, lover."

Immediately I snatched the bag towards me, practically ripping the bag open in desperation. And in another moment of carelessness, I popped two colorful pills past my lips. Wonderland. A shameful feeling of relief washed over me as I felt the tablets dissolve on my tongue. It was a feeling I had craved so much I didn't realize how much I'd missed it. The airiness, the warmth, the glowing; everything was beautiful when none of it mattered.

And then it was all blended together. The words, the memories, they faded away as the world in front of me began to glow. I could feel the heat in my blood and the bubbles in my veins. I wanted to dance. I wanted to fly. I looked up at the women. Her hot pink hair suddenly seemed neon, and her sparkly dress nearly blinded me. "Wo-woah..." I giggled stupidly to myself, trying to adjust to the feeling I'd missed so much.

"Been awhile huh weirdo?" Her voice echoed all around me.

I felt like there was glitter running through my blood and stars dancing in my mind. It felt good. Quickly I was whisked away from whatever pain I had felt earlier. Who? Why? I didn't remember. All I knew now was that I wanted to run. I wanted to jump. I wanted to fly.

"You have no idea..." I examined my hand closely, as if it were changing right before my eyes.

More laughter from the woman in pink. "My name's Isla Valentine, doll. I'm sure we'll see each other again real soon." And with that she reached across the table, placed her hand against my cheek and pulled me in for a kiss. After a stunning couple of seconds I felt her warm breathe against my ear. "But for now, enjoy the color darling. Consider this my gift to you before it all hits. Remember it when it all turns to black."

I watched her walk away in slow motion. Her haunting words quickly left my mind as the beating of my heart became louder. I stood up, twirling and stepping to music only I could hear. Violins. Piano. I was my own orchestra, with instruments made of moonlight and stars in my eyes. Everything was beautiful when it was all in disguise.

So I danced, humming to myself as I twirled down staircases and through hallways. The neon light reflected around me beautifully, the colors luring me further and further into the labyrinth of never ending corridors. Oh it was all so beautiful. It was all so fucking beautiful.

And suddenly I stumbled into an opening. Large, elongated windows covered the wall in front of me, allowing the technicolor light from outside to gleam in. I stumbled over and and placed my hands and face against the cool glass. My vision was blurring, and the light danced across my vision in various patterns. I sunk to my knees, with my hands still placed against the window. My knees hot the cold marble floor as the silk dress lay out around me like black water, waiting to lure its next victim into its depths.

It was as I looked out over the city of lights, fireworks in my eyes, as I felt tears slowly make their way down my cheeks. And then I was sobbing. I wrapped my arms around myself, a vain attempt to replicate the human touch I knew deep down that I craved so much. And I sat there, the sound of my moonlight orchestra slowly fading in my conscious as the glitter in my blood faded to ash.

I didn't register the footsteps until they were behind me. My brain was on fire, and my body tired. I didn't turn to see who it was, hoping they would continue on their way. But they stopped, a sudden quite befalling the area.

"It took me two hours to find you, Cora." Ashton's dark voice rang out clear.

"Then I guess you weren't looking hard enough." I turned to face him with tear stained cheeks. "All you had to do was follow the music."

The only light was that from the windows, so I couldn't quite see him until he bent down in front of me. His amber eyes seemed darker now. He took my chin in his hand, looking me over with a glare as cold as ice. "What'd you take?" was all he said after a few moments.

I laughed. Reaching up and placing one of my hands on his chest. "I have no fucking idea, but isn't that the beauty of it?"

"You've been crying." He stated solemnly, still looking me over. I couldn't tell exactly what it was he was looking for.

I looked away from him, opting instead to look back out at the alluring lights. "Have I?" I whispered. I felt my hands begin to shake as the illusion finally collapsed. I wrapped them around myself again, this time trying to disguise what a mess I was. "I didn't notice."

I squeezed my eyes shut, already missing the glitter, already missing the music.

And then I felt his arms around me, pulling me in close. He held my body in between his knees as he placed his chin on my shoulder. The sudden comforting role he took on confused me, but I welcomed in. Something about it felt so...safe. Warm. These were two feeling i hadn't experienced in quite awhile, so I didn't question the motive. Instead we just sat in silence. Him holding me as we stared up into the dark night.

"Look at them." Ashton's warm breathe tickled the inside of my ear as he spoke after a few minuets of silence. "Look at the stars."

"Look at how

they shine

for you."

_____________________________

Hey guys! I am so sorry for how long it has been since my last update! School and work have really been taking over my life lately!I hope this chapter and the following flashback scene will make up for it. I am sorry if the story seems a bit boring! I promise things are gonna pick up real soon! Remeber that I really appreciate feedback and would love to hear what you think in the comments! Thank you to everyone who has continued to support!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

8.6K 524 22
After a world war between the 4 elements: Fire, ice, earth (deathling) and air, there had been a seperation between all clans. Now the clans all liv...
36.4K 1.2K 30
Ashton is the gang leader of a very very dangerous gang, one of many dangerous gangs in the world. He smokes, drinks, kills people, sells and does dr...
4K 141 33
Ashton is only 18, yet seems to have many problems. Depression and insecurities being one, and his agressive, over protective boyfriend being another...
2.1K 124 11
Three powerful men become deadly obsessed with a couple and they make it their life's mission to make them theirs. -5sos ot4 + original female chara...