Deadly Vault: A Halloween Vau...

By leighyeann

2018 Leighyeann A. Mies All rights reserved [COMPLETED ON 7/11/18] A collection of short stories and drabbles... More

001 | Deadly and Lonely
002 | Who's Been SMS-ing with Me?
003 | A Skeleton in the Locker
004 | Turned
006 | The Spirit's New Friend
007 | The Secret of the Campsite
008 | Dog Days Are (Not) Over
009 | The Key to Death
010 | Secrets & Scares
011 | Dogula Dracula
012 | Kissed by a Ghost
013 | Ghosts at Storybrooke
014 | Unturned
015 | The Beast
016 | The Other Side of Life
017 | Dancing with the Monster
018 | Night of Our Lives
019 | Singing for the Devil
020 | The Rookie
021 | Switch and Kill
022 | Predestination
023 | Death Threat

005 | Wrecking Havoc

13 4 2
By leighyeann

Walking in a bar dressed as Batman, I'm more than sure that no-one will recognize, not even my friends. After all, my costume is accurate and perfectly tidy, looking like a perfect disguise, whereas theirs are more rudimental and, I'd dare to say, quite poorly made.

As I wonder whether getting a couple of drinks is a good idea or not, I notice that a guy, wearing what I'd define a supervillain costume, is waving at me. Hesitantly, I walk towards his direction, hoping that this is not a trap.

He greets me, patting my shoulder violently, and grins. "Hey. Nice costume. Where did you get it?" he asks out of curiosity, making me sweat inside my beautiful Batman costume. I don't want to admit I bought it at the convenience store, or else this man and his friends will believe that I'm not cool.

I just smile and nod, which he seems not to understand at first; however, he just shrugs as it doesn't seem to matter too much. As he points at the bar, he offers me a seat next to his friends, who are also dressed up as superheroes and supervillains.

He whistles, catching some attention from the bartender, who offers us drinks. As I realize that I left my wallet at home, I panic, knowing that I have to rush home to pick it and then get back here to pay for them. Though, the bartender raises a hand, saying, "Don't worry, dude. It's all on me."

I decide to take full advantage of this to order as many shots as I can. The more, the merrier, right?

***

As I wake up with the master of all headaches, I notice five or six people all scattered on my bedroom's floor, wearing superhero or supervillain costumes. They're all asleep; plus, the room is a huge mess, which is proof that something must've happened.

I rush to the living room and the first thing I do as I'm there is turning the TV on. The news is airing right now, announcing something scary I never thought it'd happen in just one night.

'Breaking news. A team of superheroes fought three supervillains during the night, causing major havoc as they destroyed, among others, the main building of the Hayles Buildings company and the town hall. About fifty people were injured as a consequence of a massive explosion that occurred during the fight.

'The explosion also spread radioactive material, which turned about a third of the population into mutants. We're still waiting for further updates.'

I can't believe all this shit happened. Worse still, I might be one of the responsibles for this disaster; yet, I don't even know how to fix it.

I should've never accepted to have drinks with those psychotic weirdos.

[465 words]

This is a story I created for the contest held by superhero for Halloween Vault.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

455 49 12
Love transcends all obstacles: time, space, genre...and age. In a world where the written romance is dominated by youth and naïveté, come sample a mo...
8.1K 1.1K 35
***FEATURED NA ROMANCE*** What happens if your fiction comes true? Eva considers herself realistic person rather than romantic. Her best friend insi...
2.1K 152 31
Poem, drabbles and short stories! This book contains all my entries for the Trial of Love contest - a Romance Collaboration (hosted by Wattpad Romanc...
543 32 37
As spooky season begins new stories come out the dark to play ~~~~~~~~~ A collection of short stories for Halloween Vault 3D.