Destiny - JENLISA

By jenlisas_girl

Lisa is a police officer, Jennie is a doctor... Two women, an irresistible attraction and lots of obstacles... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's Note

Chapter 15

37.8K 1.1K 906
By jenlisas_girl

A long, low wolf's whistle split the air, gaining Lisa's attention as she slowly emerged from the taxi. She quickly scanned the people congregating around the entrance of the restaurant. That's when Jin stepped forward to reveal the origin of her flattery.

"Partner, when you dress up—" He offered her his arm gallantly. "You get almost taller than me."

"Which is not very difficult, especially after you let all the air out of you," Lisa smirked before turning to give him a 360 degree view of her. "So what do you think? I left the fishnets at home. I hope you're not disappointed."

He took in Lisa's elegant, scarlet, sexy evening dress with a  v-neckline and a low open back that highlighted her body. A stiletto style heel completed her sexy look. "You look stunning."

"Thanks, and judging by the looks on the cab driver, the doorman of my building, and those three guys over there..." She discreetly nodded to a group of boys staring at her. "I'd say I still know how to make a man drool." Lisa smiled triumphantly. "But hey, you don't look so bad yourself." She returned the compliment smoothing down the lapel of his s tylish, charcoal, three button suit.

"I know." He puffed out his chest proudly and entered the restaurant looking for a strategic table where they could have a clear view of all the other diners.

"Okay, so when Miller walks in, we find a way to catch him on tape." Jin reviewed the plan.

"Don't worry. I'll handle that." Lisa took her phone out of her purse and tested it on Jin. "When he arrives I'll walk to the restrooms and tape him with my ultimate phone camera. Say hi, Lieutenant."

Jin crossed his eyes before Lisa put the phone away. "Any guesses on who the mystery bankroll is?"

"I don't know, but if I had to—" Lisa's ability to speak was interrupted when all the blood from her body seemed to be drained by the sight of Jennie entering the restaurant.

You have got to be kidding me!

Lisa took several short breaths in order to regain control over her emotions.

Jin turned to a familiar figure elegantly dressed in a red halter dress with her hair tied up in a ponytail style. "Wow. She's gorgeous, buddy!"

"How many fucking restaurants are there in this city anyway?" Lisa muttered under her breath.

"What?" Jin's expression turned to one of bewilderment when he saw Lisa looking up toward heaven and arguing with God.

"Is this some kind of sick joke of yours?" Lisa exhaled angrily before noticing Jin looking at her like she had grown a second head.

"Don't ask." She hissed watching Jennie as she approached two people seated at a table. The woman was a mature version of Jennie while the other Lisa recognized immediately when he stood up to greet her angel.

"Is that Batman?" Jin whispered.

Lisa swallowed back the bile that had traveled up to her mouth. "Yeah, that would be Batman."

Before she could reach her boiling point Lisa averted her gaze. That's when she spied Miller coming from the back entrance and immediately switched into her professional mode.

"Our guy is here."

Jin turned just enough to see Miller joining a gray-haired, well dressed, wealthy looking man. "Who's that?"

Lisa quickly took hold of Jin's chin with one of her fingers and turned his attention back to her.

"That's what we're here to find out. Now act like you're my date and you only have eyes for me." Acting coy on the outside, Lisa struggled to push away her emotional turmoil and focused on her job. She quickly retrieved her phone and flipped it open. "The guys in I.A. will be drooling over this footage." Lisa winked at Jiin and blew him a make-believe kiss. "I'll see you in a few, Tiger."

Seeing this sexy, playful side of Lisa caught Jin off guard and he did the only thing that came to his mind. He growled.

...

Jennie felt sick in her stomach. She had to fight hard not to throw up in the middle of the restaurant when she spotted her mother chatting animatedly with Joe.

I can't believe she's done that. Her mind was struggling not to let her body shake with anger. Scratch that. I can't believe he has done that.

The closer Jennie got to the table the whiter her knuckles became. She had been preparing herself for a confrontation with her mother but she got a set up with Joe instead.

"Hi baby." Joe stood up and waved off the waiter making a show of pulling the chair out for her. "You look fantastic."

"What is he doing here, mother?" Jennie completely ignored the man holding the chair and directed her gaze toward her mother.

"Well, hello to you too darling." Mrs. Kim flashed her sarcastic trademark grin.

"Don't start with me, mother." Jennie was about to lose her temper. "I thought this was a mother and daughter catch up dinner."

"Jennie, I don't mean to impose." Joe interrupted the glare war that was going on in front of him. "I talked to your mother and frankly I thought you knew I'd be joining you."

"Oh no, mom neglected to tell me that small detail." Jennie took her seat and narrowed accusative eyes at her mother. "Didn't you?"

"A small oversight, my dear, what can I say? It simply slipped my mind."

"Do you want me to leave?" Joe started to stand up but Mrs. Kim's hand kept him in place.

"Nonsense." Mrs. Kim sent a sharp look at her daughter. "We're all well-educated and civilized people here. We can have a perfectly polite conversation now, can't we?"

"Of course we can." Jennie released a long calming breath, relaxing visibly. "I'm sorry, Joe. I didn't mean to be rude. I apologize."

"That's more like it." Mrs. Kim relaxed as well. "Now let's order something to drink and you can start explaining what is going on between the two of you."

"There's nothing to explain." Jennie declared shortly. "Joe and I decided that we needed a break from each other."

"I don't understand Jennie. You two were just fine a couple of months ago. What happened?" Mrs. Kim alternated her look between the couple.

"Don't ask me. She's the one who's been acting crazy." Joe pointed to Jennie.

"Crazy?" Jennie snapped defensively.

"Yeah, I don't know what's going on with you, Jennie. You don't talk to me anymore. I even have the feeling that you've been avoiding me for a while now." Joe shook his head impatiently. "And every time I ask you what's wrong, you just say 'nothing'. I don't know what else to do." He softened his tone as he placed his hand on Jennie's. "I just know that I'm crazy about you and I'd do anything for us to go back to the way we were."

Jennie closed her eyes feeling the stinging of the tears. There was such honesty in Joe's words that made her heart ache. She felt him squeeze her hand and opened her eyes to meet his, but instead her vision was drawn to a red dressed figure walking by her table. Jennie looked up and felt an adrenaline shot course through her system as her eyes met familiar chocolate ones. As it seems to happen every time Jennie's eyes met Lisa's, time frozen. She became fully aware of her mouth getting dry and her heart thundering in her ears. The spell was broken when Jennie followed Lisa's gaze traveling to her hand that was being held by Joe. In an instant, Jennie yanked her hand away startling Joe and raising her mother's curiosity.

Mrs. Kim turned to see nothing more than a beautiful woman talking on her cell phone.

"What is wrong, Jennie?" Mrs Kim's tone showed genuine concern.

"Sweetie, are you ok?" Joe tried to reach for her hand again but Jennie stood up so fast that she nearly knocked the chair over behind her.

"I have to..." Suddenly, Jennie was out of her element. Her legs were threatening to give away. She needed to get out of there fast. "I have to go." Before anyone could say anything Jennie darted out of the room.

...

A barely audible click and the filming started. Lisa got close enough to Miller's table in order to get a clear shot of the mysterious man. Unfortunately, her current position also provided a clear view of Jennie's table which divided her attention between her target and the woman whose eyes lifted to meet hers. As it always seemed to happen, Lisa's mind went blank and she lost all ability to focus until her gaze fell upon Jennie's hand firmly encompassed by Joe's. Instantaneously, all the blood in her body boiled and her face hardened. Then without warning she was filled with nothing but puzzlement as she watched Jennie's hand jerk free of its confinement. Jennie's quick reaction had sent a wave of beleaguered interest not only to Lisa but also to the older woman that sat at table. The woman had simply turned and followed Jennie's gaze in Lisa's direction.

Like a deer caught in the headlights, Lisa froze forgetting her real reason for being at the restaurant. When confronted with the sight of Jennie fleeing from the table, Lisa had to fight the urge to run after her. She, however, coached herself to stick with the plan and filmed Miller's table a few seconds more. Only after being fully convinced that she had enough material to identify the mystery man, Lisa looked at Jin and received an encouraged nod from her partner. She then turned to see a glimpse of Jennie's back as she passed through the exit.

Lisa was off without hesitation as her quick strides carried her through the same doorway. Once outside, she scanned the area until spotting Jennie leaning against a parked car.

"Are you alright?" Lisa asked approaching the distressed looking woman.

"No, I'm not alright." Jennie shook her head without looking at Lisa. "I'm far from being alright." Jennie pushed herself away from the car and stood face to face with Lisa. "I'm sitting there listening to the man who's been my boyfriend for the past five years telling me how much he loves me and the only thing that I can think of is that in five years he hasn't made me feel half the way I feel when I'm with you." The tears that had been threatening to spill started rolling down Jennie's cheeks. "And then, as if the fates had some twisted sense of humor, you show up looking absolutely gorgeous and send me into this parallel universe where I have no control over my emotions. So please, please tell me what to do?"

"I can't." Lisa's voice was choked with emotion. "I can't go down that road again."

"What?" Jennie stared into Lisa's eyes.

"I've seen it before." Lisa kept their gaze fixed emanating genuine sorrow . "When a straight girl with a boyfriend in tow decides to experiment in a lesbian affair, it's the third wheel that ends up with a broken heart."

"Lisa—" Jennie started but was cut by Lisa's raised hand.

"I'm sorry if I've hurt you but we're done." Lisa slipped her stoic mask on. "It's best for all of us."

Both women regarded each other in agonizing silence for a few seconds.

Fighting every need that screamed for her to gather Jennie in her arms and never let go, Lisa turned to leave. "See you around, doc."

Jennie stood motionlessly watching Lisa walk away as her world continued to crumble around her.

...

Jin stopped mid-bite to acknowledge a very agitated Lisa marching back into the restaurant.

"Is everything alright?"

"Just peachy," she offered through clenched teeth.

"Did you two work things out?" He asked tentatively.

"Yep..." Lisa downed her wine in a single gulp. "I never want to see her again."

Jin's brow furrowed. "Are you—?"

"Sure?" She cut him off. "Yeah, I'm positive. Now, can you ask for the check so we can get out of this place, please?"

"But I just ordered crab cakes for the both of us," Jin practically whined.

"I hear doggie bags are very fashionable these days. Ask the waiter to wrap them up."

"Oh, come on Lisa," Jin argued. "I thought we were going to have some fun on the I.A. tab tonight."

"Sorry, I seem to have lost my appetite."

Sensing his partner's sour mood, Jin decided to pry. "What happened out there?"

"Reality snapped back." She reached for the bottle of wine and refilled her glass.

"Want to talk about it?"

"No." Lisa stared at the wine she was swirling in her glass. She stopped the motion to let it settle then raised the glass to her lips. The aromatic fragrance of the wine was lost to her senses as the liquid rolled quickly over her tongue. She swallowed hard before releasing a long breath. Lisa slid her phone over toward Jin. "Here, check out the footage."

Jin clicked the video on and watched the scene Lisa had taped a few minutes earlier. "That's good material, Lisa. I think I.A. will flip over this."

"They'd better. Jin, I'd really like to go home." Lisa's shoulders slumped.

Jin noticed this and signaled for the waiter without further argument. "Fine, I'll settle the bill and we are out of here...as soon as they bring us out doggie bags."

...

To anyone else, Jin and Lisa leaving the restaurant would mean nothing but a normal couple who had just finished their meal. To Jennie though, the scene felt like a hard blow on her stomach.

"God, she takes my breath away." It came as a soft low whisper.

Hiding among the shadows, Jennie observed Jin walk up to the valet and retrieve the car keys. An overwhelming feeling enveloped her when Lisa turned and scanned the area. Inwardly, Jennie knew that gesture was meant to find her. In an effort to respond, Jennie started to step forward only to see Lisa disappear inside the car. Within seconds the engine was revved and the vehicle pulled out into traffic. Helplessly, Jennie's gaze followed the car until they turned the corner and drove out of sight.

With nothing further to hold her attention, Jennie slowly looked up into the clear night sky.

"She's gone."

No sooner were the words out of Jennie's mouth than a shiver ran down her spine. Placing one foot in front of the other, she started walking not really carrying where her legs were taking her as she tried to figure out the course of recent events.

"I have to let it go...let her go."

Why?

"She asked me to."

She never said that.

"It's my fault anyway. I should've called her."

So, what now?

"Nothing, I guess. She said we're done. Maybe it's for the best."

Bullshit!

Biting the inside of her cheek in a nervous gesture, Jennie pondered her options.

"Maybe it isn't for the best."

Jennie's turmoil intensified when she realized where she was. Unconsciously her feet had guided her to where her heart wanted her to be, standing in front of Lisa's apartment building.

"Now what?" Jennie whispered as reverently as any pray. She waited with baited breath until her inner voice answered.

Go talk to her.

Never one to run from a fight, Jennie took a deep breath and walked inside.

Determined, Jennie brushed past the doorman and made a beeline to the elevator letting it carry her all the way up to Lisa's door.

Jennie took in a settling breath then knocked gently.

"Who is it?"

The muffed question came faster than Jennie had anticipated and it startled her.

"It's...it's Jennie. Could you please open the door?"

Jennie's hands and legs were shaking so hard that she was amazed she could still be standing. The door in front of her was yanked opened revealing a gorgeous but confused looking Lisa.

"What the hell are you doing here? I thought I told you I was done."

"We're not done." Jennie stated as she stepped inside unceremoniously blocking any attempt of Lisa's to shut the door in her face. "Not done by a long shot."

Lisa stood motionlessly by the door watching Jennie marching purposefully into her living room.

"You have no right to say 'we're done' and just walk away." Jennie paced the length of the room, then stopped and abruptly turned, leveling a determined gaze in Lisa's direction. "This is not just about you, Lisa. It's about me too."

Lisa closed the door. "What do you want from me, Jennie?"

"What?"

"You heard me." Lisa ventured into the room, then leaned against the back of the couch and crossed her arms defiantly. "What is it that you want from me? Do you want me to be your sex buddy? Or maybe help you satisfy some sort of fantasy? Although I must admit a three-some in a straight sort of way has never really been up there on my list of things I wanted to do before I die."

"What?"

"Exactly," Lisa sneered. "What is it that you want from me because I sure as hell don't know. Tell me, will you, so we can get this over with and I can go back to my world while you run back to the safety of 'Straight-Ville'."

The words stung like a slap. Jennie studied Lisa's face intently wondering where all the bitterness had come from. In a blink of the eye, the answer was on the tip of her tongue. "You were seriously hurt before..."

The change in Lsa's expression told Jennie that she had finally found a crack in the woman's defenses.

"Weren't you?"

"I gave my heart to someone who was just 'going through a phase'," Lisa admitted. "Yes, I was hurt and I'm not about to repeat the same mistake twice."

"It's not fair." Jennie whispered.

"What's not fair?" Lisa fought the urge to catch a lonely tear that rolled down Jennie's face.

"You're punishing me for someone else's mistake."

"I'm not punishing you—"

"Right, you're not." Jennie took a step forward approaching Lisa. "You're just running from something so powerful that it almost killed you in order to bring us together. After all if it wasn't for that bullet, I may never have met you."

Both women went silent mulling over last few months events.

"And now, you're everywhere I turn," Jennie continued. "You're a part of every waking thought I have."

"And so are you." Lisa admitted in a whisper centering her gaze on Jennie.

This simple acknowledgement coaxed Jennie's lips into a subtle smile. Their eyes met and held, both too scared to say what their souls knew to be the truth.

"I thought I knew what love was all about until I met you, Lisa. Now, I'm not so sure I knew love at all before your kiss."

Startled by Jennie's revelation, Lisa faltered. "I...I don't know what to say."

"Say what's in your heart. We'll never know if we don't give it a try."

"You mean experiment," hurt tinged Lisa's voice.

"I wouldn't call coming home again an experiment," Jennie countered. "Because that's what I feel like when you're near me. I can't explain it. Hell, I don't even want to try. All I know is that you've touched my heart in such a way that no one ever could."

"And if it doesn't work, I stand the chance of being hurt all over again." Lisa turned away and muttered under her breath.

"But if we don't try, we'll both ache for something that might have been."

Jennie closed the distance between them until she stood next to Lisa. The acknowledging glance she received from Lisa fueled her determination. "We'll ache for something that should have been. I say we let the Fates' decide. They brought us here after all."

Lisa took in a breath and looked away. "I don't know if I can."

"Everything is a little scary if you venture into by yourself." Jennie reached out and caressed Lisa's cheek. "Honestly, I'm not trying to hurt you. God knows I'm scared as all hell myself. I've never even considered falling in love with a woman before."

Lisa looked puzzled. "Falling in love?"

"Hmm... And I thought I was the clueless one here," Jennie smirked. "You mean to tell me that your detective instincts are on the fritz?"

"No!" Lisa shot back rather indignantly. "Never."

"Good," Jennie fired back startling Lisa. "And before you can change the subject, yes, I do think I am falling in love with you, but we won't know that for sure if we keep standing in the way of fate, now will we?"

Lisa silently appraised the woman before her.

"I'll be there with you every step of the way," Jennie said in a soothing tone as her hand gently slipped into Lisa's. "We can take it in baby steps if you want to."

"Or we could just go all out, balls to the wall," Lisa raised an eyebrow, her defenses obviously whittled away.

The tentative expression on Jennie's face turned to one of adulation and utter surprise. It was simply too precious to go unrewarded. Lisa reeled the woman into her arms and drew Jennie's undivided attention into a smoldering kiss.

Dazed by the whirlwind reversal, Jennie groped for some sense of balance.

"What was that for?"

"I wanted the Fates to know where my intentions lie."

"Then I'm going to put my two cents worth into the mix, too."

Jennie returned the kiss with a gentler and definitely more seductive one of her own. The tender expression of a more intimate proposal brought other parts of her body to life with a vigor the likes of which she'd never known. Jennie's body screamed for more as the wetness between her legs escalated like a flash flood raging down a valley. Surely the Fates were calling out to her, to them both sensing Lisa's heart pounding so closely next to her chest. It wasn't long before Jennie realized that her own heart was beating in time with Lisa's rhythm. Save for the touch of their mouths as lips melded, they were one. Suddenly, kisses weren't enough to appease the sense of need that was growing by leaps and bounds in them both. Jennie fought with all she had to muster, whether for her senses or for her glory in what she deemed a fight to the finish. When warring tongues alone could sustain them no more, Jennie pushed back out of breath and decreed her foothold on their future.

"Bed...now!"

...

A/N: So guys. 'Destiny' was suppose to be fluff ok. no-explicit content.

but  I have this draft for those readers... haha also  this chapter has its own formatting. a different/narrative style. Should I post it? pls let me know.

xoxo

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 12.3K 31
one is a CEO, one is a person, just a person
143K 2.6K 50
When Lalisa Manoban is an celebrity since she was teen, she can do act and model and she's very famous and people in every country will recognize her...
608K 16.3K 40
LISA G!P It is where JenLisa sees their true feelings through each other's eyes. JUN 15, 2019 JUL 29, 2019
968K 38.3K 24
Jennie was a nurse and got relocated at an asylum and she met Lisa who was described as a very dangerous patient. Originally posted on asianfanfics. ♥