fight for control ↠ harry sty...

بواسطة hesasnowflake

The fashion industry is a hard one to conquer and even harder to keep strapped between secure hands. Harry an... المزيد

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
AUTHORS NOTE
FIGHT FOR US

CHAPTER 6

11.2K 384 230
بواسطة hesasnowflake

Renleigh Kensington

I flew out to New York for three days where I attended a very promising meeting then arrived right in Italy. There was some business I had to look over in the European country and it was crucial for me to be present. To cut the story short: there were some problems with the shop that we opened there recently and with me being the big bad boss, I had to go there and sort it out.

My jetlag was an absolute bitch so once I spoke to the store manager and we went through whatever was causing the trouble, I decided to book a hotel room and have a nap. I went straight from the airport to the store, with my luggage in the car – same with Danielle – and I could have easily flown back to London, I just wouldn't have been able to handle the plane journey.

The next time my eyes were opened, my loud breathing was all I heard in the hotel room. I felt sticky and hot, the sweat caused by the nightmare I went through was all around my hairline, down my back and pooled on the back of my neck.

My legs kicked off the white quilt that weighed me down and kept me warm during my unconscious state. I pushed my hair up as my head lifted off of the pillow and then laid back down without it being under my neck and making me feel hot. I was in a t-shirt and shorts and I smelled like sweat.

I quickly gathered my stuff and went for another shower because I couldn't stay in bed any longer. As my hands got rid of my clothes whilst the shower ran in the back, I noticed the dark circles under my eyes and how my cheekbones poked out. The top I wore, eventually revealed my bony shoulders and collarbones that were even more visible than usual.

The water was cold as I stood under it with my eyes closed and hands on my waist. I needed to wake-up and get my shit together. I no longer had a reason to stay in Italy, I had to get back home and into my leather chair at the company to go through the emails I had.

Three days away from my office and I felt like I missed a whole month.

I had perfectly fine, skilled and smart employees keeping the world going around whilst I wasn't in the picture however I felt lazy. I felt like I didn't do anything during those three days in New York. Sure, the meeting was important and it opened up many doors for my business, it wasn't actual paperwork that I had gotten done.

Networking for me was like wasting time.

I made my employees do that for me. Danielle, for example, was absolutely wonderful at chatting clients up and getting them to come for a meeting with me. Then again, that woman was bloody amazing at everything.

She was more than an assistant. Technically, she could have been the CEO instead of me at this point. She knew the business and every one of our clients like the back of her hand, she was clever and cut for this life. If there was anyone I had to leave my company with, it definitely would have been her.

Without a doubt in my mind.

The cold shower indeed woke me up and motivated me to sit on the bed and get a head start on those emails. I haven't had the chance to open them whilst I was in America and since everyone I travelled with was most likely still sleeping, I decided it was the perfect time.

A soft knock on my door stopped me from finishing the heated email to this client of mine.

"Miss Kensington?" the lady asked with a kind smile as soon as the door opened up.

"How can I help?" I asked without masking the confusion in my voice.

"I have been told you arrived here from a very important and stressful meeting and your lovely friend booked a massage for you. I am here to let you know about it and also take you down to our lovely facility."

"Oh..." I mumbled. "Who's this friend?"

"She goes by the name of Danielle," she replied. Of course. Danielle would do something like that.

"Oh, right," I nodded. "Okay. Let me just, um, let me just get my stuff."

"Sure thing," she smiled and I closed the door on her.

Fucking hell Danielle. You sneaky little bitch.

She probably knew I would work as soon as I had the chance to and I did but then she had to go and mess it all up. She was younger than me yet she acted like a mother over me.

No matter how much I wanted to dislike her for doing this, I couldn't. I actually thoroughly enjoyed the massage – so much, that I fell asleep. Clearly, the half an hour nap wasn't enough rest for my body.

Sleeping was something I have always struggled with and no matter what I tried, I couldn't drift off. There were nights where I would be awake all night, just working, doing things before they were even due. I never stopped thinking ahead, working ahead. My company was the only thing I knew. It was the main thing I had control over. Sleepless nights worked in my favour, clearly, because here I was making fifteen million pounds annually.

After my massage was over, my assistant greeted me by the door. A huge grin on her face and iced coffee in her hands that quickly ended up in mine, was a nice touch.

"Danielle, I appreciate your kindness, however next time..."

"Please, a simple thank you will be sufficient," she smiled at me. "Now, not to overwhelm you with information, however I looked through your schedule. Turns out, the clients from New York would like you to go back and further discuss plans with them. I cancelled that trip of yours and invited them over here instead."

"Danielle, why would you do that?" I asked, irritated. If I was meant to go to New York, I should have been on the plane already. Not coming out of a massage in a white robe.

"With all due respect, boss, you don't look good. You look stressed and tired. The last thing you need, is another trip across the world," she explained with somewhat of a stern voice. "I did what I had to in order to avoid you overworking yourself more than you already do."

"I am perfectly fine, Miss Jones. Relocating the meeting was plus work for yourself."

"Not really. It was easy and quite frankly, saved us more money than having to fly our team out."

"Do not do this in the future. I don't like it when my business is messed with," I requested.

"As you wish," she sighed. Deep down, her and I both knew she would do it again if she felt like it was necessary. Like I had mentioned, she was like a mother for me. One that I have never had.

"Now, when is this meeting?"

"Two days from today."

"Oh, fabulous," I groaned. "So, two more days spent away from the company. I am going to go insane."

Danielle chuckled at my distaste the quickly shut up when I shot her a death glare.

"You have massages booked for the rest of time we have to spend here. Every morning at eight am and every evening at eight pm," she informed me. I hummed and nodded as I sipped some of the coffee that I held in my hand. It wasn't what I was used to, but it was alright. "You will be collected each time because I know you and you would one hundred percent skip it just to do additional emails and such."

"You thought of everything, haven't you?"

"With you, I have to think outside of the box, always," she replied.

"Is there anything else for today?"

"Actually, yes," a sigh left her lips, like she dreaded this conversation, and that was enough to warn me about how much I will hate whatever she was about to share with me. "Earlier, I went out and ran into... someone. They found out you were staying here and requested a dinner with you."

"Well, who was it?"

"Before I tell you, please know I didn't accept the offer. I said I would let you know and the decision is in your hands. You either show up or not," she explained. There was literally no one in my mind who would request a fucking dinner with me.

"Alright. Let's see who it is, first."

"It's the devil, Ren."

I laughed.

"Ok. Who is it, really?"

"It is Harry Styles," she sighed as she tried to make me believe her. That seemed absolutely ridiculous. Why would that man ask me to a dinner? Furthermore, what the hell did he have to do in Italy? "I was just as gobsmacked as you are right now. I'm not sure how he recognised me and I have absolutely zero clue as to why he wishes for you to accompany him to a dinner. Unless, there is something I do not know of."

"What are you implying, Miss Jones?" I squinted as the question left my mouth. We reached the floor where our rooms were and I grabbed my room key out of my pocket as we neared my final destination.

"I am not implying anything. I am simply saying I don't know why he would want to see you."

"Well, good. There is nothing between him and I. There never will be," I laughed. "He is crazy to think I will end up at whatever restaurant he wants to see me at."

And trust me, it was not in my plans. However, after I was on my own, in my hotel room, my laptop on my lap and coffee in my hand, a new email popped up in my inbox.

From: Harry Styles <harrystyles@styles.co.uk>

To: Renleigh Kensington <rkensington@kensingtonandco.com>

Dear Kensington,

It has come to my attention that you are staying in Italy for however long that may be. Earlier today, I had run into your lovely assistant which surprised me greatly. She told me you are staying in the country in case she hasn't had the chance to tell you yet.

After your abrupt departure a few nights ago, I haven't had the chance to reach out and apologise for my behaviour. Seeing as both of us are staying in the same place, fairly close hotel wise, I was wondering if you'd like to grab dinner with me? Of course, it would be my treat.

I feel terrible for the way I have talked to you as I, shamefully, wasn't aware of many things you, and other females, have to deal with on a daily basis.

Should you decide to tag along and spend the evening with me at the Savini restaurant, please do let me know. I will be at your hotel for 19:30 and wait until 20:00 had you not replied but would like to come.

Hoping to see you soon,

H.

Kind regards,

Harry Styles
CEO of STYLES

A loud huff escaped my lips as my eyes ran over the words written in the email. The fact that he was serious about this and seemingly wanted me to go was extremely strange. I wasn't hurt by his ignorance regarding whatever happened. I had no interest in the man or in his business. Right from the minute him and I got pinned against each other in the industry, I wanted nothing more than him out of the picture.

I knew he didn't like me either. He wanted me gone just as much. Yet here he was with this option to spend the evening with him in a fancy restaurant. It didn't make sense and I couldn't help but wonder if there was a catch.

From: Renleigh Kensington <rkensington@kensingtonandco.com>

To: Harry Styles <harrystyles@styles.co.uk>

Styles,

My assistant did mention she had the misfortune of running into you today. She most likely had better things to do than evolve in a conversation with you however you seemed to have cornered her. She did tell me about it.

I'm not sure why you think I would agree to this. We are nothing to one another but rivals. What happened at the afterparty is in the past. Your ignorance was something I had expected yet still was surprised when I came to learn about it.

This was (I suppose) a lovely offer however I am not interested. Unless you'd like to discuss business, not that there should be a reason for it, do not contact me. Again, I am not interested in a casual hook-up partner or a serious relationship.

Hoping to never see you again.

R.

Regards,

Renleigh Kensington,
CEO, Kensington and Co.

I read over the email at lest five times to get it perfect. I always made sure every email that was sent out by me was up to standard and grammatically correct. Business deals made through email were important and one little mistake could make it all crumble to pieces. Although this was no business deal, I wanted to make sure it sounded good.

But I couldn't send it.

Something stopped me from lightly tapping on the mousepad of my laptop so that it would go through the system. It was only one touch to get it over and done with – yet I couldn't.

I wondered how this evening would go. I wondered why he wanted to see me so bad he reached out to my assistant and me. I wondered if he truly felt terrible about the way he spoke to me. I wondered and I wondered and I wondered.

I wondered for so long that I essentially deleted the draft, closed my laptop and dialled my assistant's number to help me find a last-minute outfit for this dinner date.

• • •

a.n.
ok i couldn't wait till sunday so SURPRISE !! there'll be an update on sunday too so watch out for that hehehehe

ik this was kind of a filler but hey ho,, the next chapter will make up for it 😙🤝

don't forget to vote & comment & follow for more updates n shit lol adios now

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.8K 164 21
🚫This is not one of those cliche stories you see everyday where the Male lead is the overbearing CEO, it's the Female lead who takes power.🚫 Amelia...
197K 4.3K 21
Harry: A successful multimillionaire CEO has a manner of perpetually being in control and on time. Despite his CEO reputation and demeanour, there ar...
2.9K 76 11
y/n doesn't have what many would consider a normal job, neither does harry. being the ceo of a well established company creates a wall between Harry...
769K 16.2K 34
"Let's see how much you want me to leave, shall we?" He says moving his hand down between my legs. I let out a shaky breath. Was I really gonna let t...