Joshua || MxM || Lgbtq+

By notbackingdown

#264 in Romance 06/02/2018 #267 in Romance 03/01/2018 #304 in Romance 07/01/2018 #455 in Romance 24/12/2017 *... More

Acknowledgements
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Reader Alert
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Social Media Alert
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Seven

16.5K 892 73
By notbackingdown

                         Mason had Bethany at his side and he'd never been more grateful for a woman in his life. She fitted right in with him and his life seamlessly. She got his dry jokes and spurred on his dirty ones and Mason found himself falling in love.

He fell in love so hard he bought a ring for Bethany six months later. A spur of the moment kind of thing but Mason knew in his heart that she was the one for him. To hell with the age difference and he swore he'd never hold her back from doing all the things she wanted to do.

Joshua had been missing for eight months already and nobody had heard a word from him or any leads as to where he could have gone despite weekly checks at the hospitals in the surrounding towns and cities and even police stations. Bethany's mother even made checks with some contacts she had too.

Mason knew Egypt was struggling. It got so bad that one of his professors had to reach out to Mason who was listed as Egypt's emergency contact.

"Thank you Professor Cova for contacting me." Mason said into the phone and Bethany raised a brow in his direction. He held up a finger and she nodded.

"Things have been a bit tough for Egypt these past few months but I didn't know it was this bad." Mason sighed after the professor explained how Egypt had been falling behind in his assignments and tests and not only in his class but all his others as well.

Bethany was at his side the moment he hung up the phone. "What's wrong baby?" she asked and squealed a little when Mason sat on the couch and pulled her down on top of him.

"It's Egypt. He's not doing so well in school." Mason said and Bethany nodded.

"He's not been himself when we talk either. I think Joshua going missing has messed with him more than he's letting on." Bethany said and Mason smiled.

"You're so sexy when you sound so smart." Mason said lowly and Bethany smirked at him.

"Yea, every time I open my mouth." She giggled when Mason tickled her sides lightly at her smart ass reply.

"I think we should visit him." Mason said sobering the both of them.

"Agreed." Bethany nodded and pressed a kiss to Mason' temple. Then she kissed him so provocatively that his lower body was heating up.

"Beth..." Mason moaned when her hand started slipping down his stomach and up under the hem of his shirt.

"Beth, baby stop." Mason broke their kiss and Bethany pouted at him making her look like a sexy vixen.

"We agreed we wouldn't do anything until we tell your mom we're dating." Mason reminded her and she groaned loudly.

Mason felt guilty when Bethany looked away from him for a moment and turned back vulnerable eyes to him.

"How about we have dinner with her tonight and tell her before we visit Egypt tomorrow?" Mason asked and almost laughed at her surprised face.

"Are you sure?" Bethany asked softly.

"Yes, Beth. You know I love you to the moon and back and then sum." Mason pressed a chaste kiss to her pink lips and she smiled at him in that way that always had his breath coming in short.

"I love you too." Bethany whispered and pecked Mason's nose.

"I'm worried for Egypt. I'm worried for Joshua." Mason whispered and Bethany tightened her hold on Mason.

"Me too." Bethany whispered back.

"Where could he be?" Mason asked and Bethany knew he didn't direct the question at her.

"I don't know but I pray every day that he's safe wherever he is." Bethany tried to comfort Mason.

"Thank you, Beth." Mason said and looked into her eyes.

"For what?" she asked and Mason's eyes welled with tears that Bethany was sure he's never let fall.

"For sticking with me. For caring for my brother. For caring for Egypt. For loving me." Mason's voice was thick with his unshed tears and Bethany's own throat almost clogged up on her.

"There's nowhere else I'd rather be and no other people I'd rather care for and love." Bethany pressed a kiss to Mason's forehead and held him while he fell apart silently.

---

Egypt was surprised to say the least when Bethany and Mason showed up to his apartment unannounced.

"What are you guys doing here?" Egypt asked feeling self-conscious. He was in one of the few of Joshua's t-shirt he accidentally packed when he moved out. He hadn't brushed his teeth, bathed or even ate for the day and it was already two in the evening. He was even sure there was dried tear tracks down his cheeks and his eyes were almost swollen shut from the amount of crying he'd been doing.

"You look terrible. You look like something ate you and threw you back up because you definitely tasted bad." Bethany said and Egypt cracked a smile.

"I feel like it." Egypt admitted.

"You got any take-out menus?" Bethany asked and Egypt frowned.

"Yea, on top the microwave." He answered a bit hesitantly.

"Mason, order in something for us. See if you can get a soup for Egypt." Bethany said and removed her jacket and boots then she took Egypt's hand.

"Come on, baby boo. Let's get you back to human." Bethany said softly and led Egypt to the bathroom.

Egypt just went with the flow. He took the warm shower Bethany ran for him and brushed his teeth when she passed him his toothbrush. He put on the clothes she gave him and accepted the ten minute long hug while he fell apart on her shoulder. He was glad she never uttered a word to him. She didn't criticize him or scold him. She was just there for him.

When they went back out to the living room Mason opened his arms for Egypt and the boy stepped into them. The smell of the Chinese food Mason ordered filled his nostrils and he remembered it's been months since he'd eaten properly.

His stomach rumbled hungrily and Mason chuckled. They occupied the couch, Beth on one side and Mason on the other as if trying to cocoon him. He really did appreciate the comfort having them both there provided him.

"So, we have some news." Mason broke the silence and Egypt glanced up from his chicken corn soup and saw one of the biggest smiles ever on Mason's face.

"Beth and I told her mom about us." Mason declared and Egypt gasped.

"Oh my gosh! What did she say?" Egypt asked and glanced between the two.

"She told us that we have her blessings. She said she trusts her daughter to make good decisions and even if they aren't good and they're huge ass mistakes then they're Beth's to make and learn and grow from." Mason replied and smiled softly at Beth and Egypt felt joy for the first time in a long while.

"I'm so happy for you both." Egypt said and Beth rested her head against the side of his for a moment in thanks.

They finished their meals in relative silence and Egypt had a feeling that there was more to their visit.

After cleaning up their containers they again piled on the couch, Mason held one hand of Egypt's and Bethany held his other.

"Why do I feel like you are about to give me an intervention?" Egypt asked hesitantly and Mason smirked.

"Because we are." Bethany answered him.

"Egypt you're not doing well. You've lost weight and you're failing in school." Mason said gently.

"I'm fine." Egypt smiled and Bethany and Mason sighed simultaneously.

"You're not fine Egypt." Mason said and Egypt's eyes welled with tears.

"I'm fine." Egypt said more adamantly.

"You're not Egypt. You're really not." Mason said equally vehemently.

"I know you miss him. I know you're worried and scared shitless and feel helpless." Mason said tightening his grip on Egypt's hand.

"But you can't let it rule your life. You can't let it drown you Egypt. Joshua wouldn't want that." Egypt's breath hitched on hearing Joshua's name.

"You know he wanted you to do your best in school and be happy. Live. Laugh. Enjoy every moment of every day." Egypt's tears fell down his cheeks but he didn't have the strength to wipe them.

"You told Joshua that if he wanted you then he'd have to fight for you but you have to fight for you, Egypt." Mason's voice was strong and filled with conviction.

"So we think you should see somebody, Egypt." Bethany says softly and Egypt frowned.

"A therapist?" Egypt asked in disbelief. There was nothing wrong with him that he'd need to see a shrink he thought.

"Yes, Egypt. Somebody that you can talk to about what's going on inside you. About Joshua. About school. Everything. Depression is easy to slip into Egypt." Bethany said in a soft yet strong tone of voice.

"I don't need to see anybody. I'm fine. There's nothing wrong with being sad that the guy I love is missing." Egypt said and tried to snatch his hands from Beth and Mason. Both held fast though.

"You asked the same of Joshua yet you won't do the same?" Mason asked and Egypt stopped his fight.

"He told me one night when I picked him up drunk as hell." Mason said and Egypt's lips parted slightly.

"I..." he didn't know what to say to that. They were right, God they were right. He did ask the exact thing of Joshua and here he was pussyfooting to do the same. Joshua would hate him if he ever found out.

"It's okay to feel depressed Egypt. We all do sometimes but there are times when things get to be too much and we need a helping hand." Mason said looking Egypt in the eyes.

"I saw a therapist for a few years after our parents' deaths." Mason admitted and Egypt's eyes went wide.

"You did?"

"Yes. I was a young adult that got orphaned, on top of that I had Joshua to take care of and the business had just started off. I was overwhelmed most of the time and I decided I wasn't going to let anything hold me back or drown me." Mason said so fiercely that Egypt couldn't breathe for a moment.

"It doesn't make you weak asking for help. It makes you strong. Strong enough that you took your own life in your hands and are willing to do whatever it takes to protect it." Egypt looked at Mason in awe. He'd have never thought a guy like Mason, so strong and happy and carefree needed mental help at one point in his life and he then and there decided that he too wanted to control his own life, not let his emotions control him.

"I... Okay..." Egypt whispered as his tears came again. Mason and Bethany embraced him in a group hug and they shared more tears before searching for a good therapist close by that Egypt could see.

He'd be okay.    

*********************************************************************************

A/N

Hey guys. sorry for late update. Been a hectic weekend as we had a national disaster. We had a bout of flooding in my country and it was pretty bad. But we're doing well now. 

Thanks for reading.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 52.9K 92
This story is complete ✅ 'I look at the back of the boy, sitting in front of me and his shining tousled hair. Before I can even realize what I'm doin...
42.2K 2K 27
ROMANCE Two friends, Morton and Oliver, decide to go on a road trip in a VW campervan and end up discovering that there may be more to their friendsh...
858K 38.3K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...
958K 39.3K 31
[Book #1 in the Blackwood Pack series] Currently in the process of rewriting (it'll be uploaded as a separate book) ________________ ...