Connect

By LENtranced

Gumi Megpoid has never fallen in love. She has never felt her heart racing at the sight of anyone, and when h... More

1: Follow Your Friends
Connect: A Note
2: L-O-V-E
3: Fire Away, Fangirl
4: Basketball and Ice Cream
5: Friend or Fangirl
6: Shifting Focus
7: The Sore Loser
8: "Kagamine!"
9: Shopping With Fangirls
10: What's Wrong?
11: Free Ice Cream and Her Number
12: Twin Sister
13: Absence
A Second Note
14: "Don't Touch Her."
15: Resolve
16: Wounded Connection
17: Eight Days Before
18: "I love you."
19: Summer
20: Coping and Apologies
21: Visiting the Kagamines
22: The Same Space
24: In the Flesh
25: Naoki
26: "ilovecarrots"
27: Gone
28: Rooftops and Silly Tears
29: Somebody From the Streets
30: Boys Over Flowers
31: "He Would've Smiled."
32: Pretty City, Pretty Girl
33: Quite the Distraction
34: A Burger and Fries and Fancy Chocolate
35: Browsing With the Boys
36: Driving Miss Megpoid
37: Blindfolds and Leeks (pt.1)
38: Blindfolds and Leeks (pt.2)
38.5: Update
39: Mission Accomplished?

23: Spammers and Sleepovers

963 62 168
By LENtranced

"Teto, get those gardening gloves off, your friends are here!" Teto's mom yelled at her daughter, who was crouched down by the tulips in her front yard. "It's always oven mitts or gardening gloves..."

Miku and I exchanged glances, standing at Teto's doorstep. I tugged at my backpack's straps as Teto dusted herself off and walked up to us.

"You two are early," Teto said, throwing her gardening gloves to one side before walking in with us. "It's only half past six."

"We want to eat all your food before Neru and Luka show up," Miku grinned evilly.

"You do that, and you'll be ten pounds heavier than Len by morning," I snickered. Miku elbowed me in the gut and I winced.

"I'm one of those people who don't gain weight that easily," she scoffed. Teto yanked her pigtails and she squeaked in alarm.

"Are we doing that photo thing with Luka?" Teto asked.

"No, we called that off, remember?" Miku grimaced as the redhead made mention of Neru and Piko's dirty dealings.

"Right..." Teto nodded slowly. "Oh, you guys! I just baked some brownies and banana bread before heading out to the garden. You want some?"

I glanced at Miku. "I guess we might as well pass the time eating while we wait for Luka and Neru," I said.

"Great!" Teto led us up a flight of gleaming wooden stairs. "You guys have seen my room. Surely you remember, hmm?"

"Of course," Miku said. "The girl with the room that ought to fit four kids."

"It's great for groups of friends," the redhead giggled. "I collected all the pillows in the house, along with some blankets. We've got sleeping bags in a closet, down the hall. I haven't brought those out yet."

"There's still hours and hours before we even think of getting some shuteye, kid," I threw an arm around Teto's shoulders and dragging her along with me as we headed into her room.

"Right, we have to do all the fun stuff first," Miku said. "And of course, we've got to confiscate Neru's cell phone."

"Did you guys bring your phones?"

"Of course," Miku said. Teto opened her bedroom door and we walked in.

It really was a room that could fit four kids. More, actually, if somebody really tried. There was easily enough space in Teto's large bedroom for five or six grown people to sleep. That was why we usually had sleepovers and parties at her home. Her oven fresh baking and usually lenient mother were bonuses.

"This better not be a text-a-thon," Teto said, shuffling in circles across the carpet as Miku and I tossed our bags to the floor.

"All they'll talk about is Kaito," Miku said.

"They're crazier about him than I am!" Teto said. "But...I don't know..."

"Do you still like him?" I asked, sitting down on the carpet.

"Kinda," Teto pressed a finger to her lips as she thought about my question. "But, I mean...he's got someone. All this time, I thought he didn't. That was kind of naïve of me, huh? How could a boy like him ever be single?"

"It was a pretty well kept secret, though," Miku said. "I was talking to Rin a few days back..."

"You do that a lot nowadays, don't you?" Teto giggled. "Considering how you're all cute and romantic with her brother."

Miku blushed but continued. "Rin said she didn't mind if anyone knew. It was Len who suggested that she keep quiet about the relationship."

"Neru still likes him a lot," Teto said. "You remember the deal she was making, with Piko."

"I didn't like that idea at all," I shook my head.

"Teto!" The redhead's mother called from downstairs.

"Neru and Luka!" Teto's eyes lit up and she dashed out of the room. "Be right back, you guys!"

"Should we get changed?" I asked Miku.

"We should!" She grinned. I pulled my backpack open and got my sleepwear out.

"I'll be quick," I said, heading into Teto's bathroom and closing the door. I got changed and Miku went next.

"You look so pretty," I teased her once she was out, poking her in the ribs. She wore a pale pink nightdress that reached down to the middle of her calves.

"Changed already?" We saw Neru standing by the door, smiling at us. For once, she wasn't texting. Luka was standing beside her, and they both walked in with Teto following.

The rest of the girls got changed and we all sat on Teto's bed in a circle, with our legs crossed. Luka was talking about some kind of fish, I think it was tuna, when my phone buzzed.

I should've ignored it but some part of me knew who it was, and I wanted to know what he had to say.

1 new message.

Naoki: hey. You left about an hour ago, saying you had to go do something. Are you done?

I glanced at the girls before looking back down at my phone.

Gumi: yeah, I'm done, but I'll be busy. I'm at a party.

Naoki: ooh, that sounds like fun. I haven't been to a party in...let me think...

Gumi: let me guess. Months?

Naoki: yeah, something like that, I suppose.

Gumi: it's a slumber party.

"Gumi!" Miku gave me a nudge and I looked up from my phone. The girls looked at me. "What is it?"

"It's him," I mumbled, looking at Naoki's reply.

Naoki: so you're in a house full of girls, I assume.

"Who is it, Kaito?" Luka asked. "I heard you gave him your number..."

"Wait..." I frowned. "My number..."

"Why did you tell him that you're at a party, you idiot?" Miku scolded me.

"What was I supposed to do?" I asked. "Dammit, Gakupo!"

"What's Gakupo got to do with Mr. Spammy-Pants?" Teto asked.

"Is it Kaito?" Luka asked again.

"Kaito isn't Mr. Spammer," Neru said, texting on her own phone.

"I gave Gakupo my number that day!" I yelled at my phone. "But...but..."

Naoki: what I wouldn't give to be at your party.

Gumi: DAMMIT YOU'RE ANNOYING!!

Naoki: what'd I do now?! D:

"Give me the phone!" Miku snatched my phone away. "He's creepy!"

"No, he's not!" I said. "He just jokes around!"

"Who is he?" Luka looked at me and then at Neru, who shrugged.

"He's Naoki!" I tackled Miku and took my phone. "And he knows a lot about...um...relationships and stuff!"

"Ooh!" Luka clapped her hands together repeatedly. "Let's ask him how we can get Kaito to like us!"

Gumi: you know a lot about girls, right?

Naoki: you're acting weird again...

"Let me talk to him," Miku said, politely asking for my phone. We all got back into our circle and watched Miku as she typed something.

"What're you going to say?" Teto asked.

"Not sure yet," Miku furrowed her brow and began to type.

Gumi: hey.

Naoki: ...hello?

Gumi: I'm Gumi's friend.

Naoki: ASFSGDNSJSMSMS ANOTHER GIRL

Gumi: stop being creepy.

Naoki: I'm very sorry. So, how many of you are there?

Gumi: five, including Gumi.

Naoki: five beautiful flowers...

"I want a turn!" Luka took the phone and began typing madly.

Gumi: ok so there's this boy I like

Naoki: well. That was sudden.

Gumi: but he already has a girlfriend and abshadie

"Stop!" I took the phone back.

Gumi: I'm so sorry, Naoki. My friends are crazy.

Naoki: so...is this you, Gumi?

Gumi: yeah. They just want to joke around and stuff.

Naoki: one of them seems to want boy advice.

"I do!" Luka said, sticking her face in my screen. I pushed her back and then set the phone down in front of me, in the middle of our circle.

"There," I said. "Now everyone can see."

"Ask him is he's ever been in a relationship," Neru said, looking at my phone and then at hers.

"See, here's the thing," I said to the girls. "He's either been in a lot of relationships...or he hasn't been in even one."

"Well, ask him," Miku said.

"So he's not creepy anymore?" My lips curled into a smile.

"W-What harm can texting do, right?" Miku crossed her arms.

Gumi: have you ever been in a relationship, Naoki?

Naoki: in an actual, real life relationship? like, once.

"I knew it," I mumbled.

"No, you didn't," Miku smacked me on the head.

Naoki: we kinda drifted apart. It was sad.

Gumi: oh.

Naoki: ...I'm guessing the girls want something more, huh? Well, just tell your friend with the crush on a taken boy to get over him. There's really no way your friend's going to get through this without causing damage.

"Aw..." Luka slumped. Teto patted her shoulder.

Gumi: did you like the person who were with?

Naoki: kind of.

Gumi: kind of?

Naoki: she used me and that was it.

Gumi: that's horrible.

Naoki: but I didn't break up because of that.

Gumi: then why?

Naoki: I dunno. Just did. I don't like talking about this.

Gumi: sorry...how old are you?

Naoki: seriously? Can't you guess? I could lie to you.

Gumi: would you?

Naoki: I could. It wouldn't matter, either way. I'm seventeen.

"He's around the same age as us," Miku looked at me.

"He could be lying," I reiterated his point.

"But you don't think he's lying."

Gumi: oh...okay. I'm going to give my phone to one of my friends now, okay?

Naoki: okay.

"Give it to me!" Teto grabbed the phone and started typing.

Gumi: hi, I love bread

Naoki: hi, I love girls

Gumi: you had a girlfriend, right

Naoki: didn't you read that? Yes.

Gumi: why did you like her? I want to know

Naoki: please put a period at the end of your sentences, bread lover.

Gumi: I like baking, too.

Naoki: are you soft and warm and squishy? Like a warm brownie, or a piece of freshly baked bread?

"Eep!" Teto squeaked and threw the phone at Luka. "You talk to him!"

"What the hell..." Luka frowned at Naoki's most recent message.

Gumi: hey. I'm Gumi's other friend. The one who was asking about the boy.

"Luka's messages are so calm and composed," Neru said.

Naoki: hey, Gumi's other friend. You sound mature, but you must be crazy about this boy, eh?

Gumi: I don't get what he sees in his girlfriend. She's loud and small and flat and she smiles too much.

Naoki: keep thinking like that and you'll never have a shot at him.

Gumi: I don't like your attitude. Besides, so many girls like him...

Naoki: ask yourself what YOU like about him, sweetheart.

Gumi: well, he's always so quiet, it makes him cool. And his hair, I like his hair.

Naoki: does he have blue hair?

Gumi: huh? Yeah...how did you know?!

Naoki: lucky guess. The girls nowadays seem to be losing their minds over blue-haired men. It's a trend or something, I think.

"He also figured out Gakupo's purple hair," I said to Luka.

"What if Spammy-Pants is Len?" Teto asked. Miku threw a pillow at the redhead's face. "Oof!"

"I'll let lightning fingers text him," Luka grimaced and handed the phone to Neru. The blonde put down her own phone and took mine.

"That's a nice nickname," Neru mumbled. "Lightning Fingers. I like that."

Gumi: hey

Gumi: so you like girls?

Naoki: oh yeah, I love them! All kinds, all kinds! :D

Gumi: well, what do you see in a girl?

Naoki: are you after the same guy your mature friend's after?

Gumi: ...maybe.

"Ask him random questions!" Teto said. Neru nodded.

Gumi: what are you wearing?

Naoki: nothing. ;)

Gumi: that's not funny.

Naoki: well, I wasn't trying to be funny. What are you wearing? Tell me and I'll tell you mine.

Gumi: pink pyjamas.

Naoki: ...oh wow. Sleepover, right? Makes sense. You probably look cute, really cute. I want to hug you. And squeeze you. And touch you. But I think that was implied.

Gumi: urgh...you really are weird. Now your turn.

Naoki: I'm wearing black pants and a light grey long sleeved shirt. I usually wear something like this.

Gumi: okay. Next question. Do you like pineapple?

Naoki: it's nice.

Gumi: do you sleep on your side or on your back? Or stomach?

Naoki: depends. Don't really have a preference.

"I can't believe he's cooperating," I said, looking at the screen as Neru typed. "He was being strange at first, but now he's just answering."

"Lightning Fingers has tamed Mr. Spammy-Pants!" Teto grinned at me.

Gumi: Have you ever kissed a girl?

Naoki: yes. Many times.

"Stop asking him personal stuff," I said. "This is on a whole other level compared to what we've asked him so far..."

"But this is juicy stuff," Neru said. "Besides, we'll find out what kind of a guy he is this way."

Naoki: want me to talk about how it went?

Neru looked up at us. "Yes or no, guys."

Miku and I didn't nod or shake our heads. Luka and Teto nodded. I was curious to see where this would go.

Naoki: want me to describe it?

Gumi: that's what the girls were just discussing. Bread lover and the mature one say yes.

Naoki: and Gumi?

"Why is he asking about me?" I asked.

"Because you know him best," Luka said. The other girls, including Miku, nodded in agreement. Neru typed a reply.

Gumi: she didn't say yes or no.

Naoki: I see. Anyway, there was this one...a really nice kiss. She had just taken a shower when I knocked at the door.

Gumi: go on.

Naoki: she was surprised to see me. I grinned. Snaked an arm around her waist. She smelled like flowers. She had the prettiest hair, and it was prettier when it was wet and sorta...well, curled into these loose, pale blond corkscrew curls that cascaded down her pale shoulders and collarbone.

"She sounds so pretty," Teto exhaled. "You guys, I'm gonna go grab some bread and brownies!"

Teto ran off and we all stared at the screen, watching as Naoki continued to type, waiting to see the rest of his story.

Naoki: I told her that, right there, outside her door. I said, "you look beautiful" and she smiled. I wish she were still here, with me...anyway, I tangled my fingers in her wet hair and pulled her close, kissing her on the doorstep, the sweet smell of her shampoo taking over me as our lips touched...for a split second I transported to heaven and then the heat took over me.

"Ooh!" Luka squealed. "This sounds so cute!"

"I'm back!" Teto ran back into the room with a tray piled with breads, brownies and cookies. She plopped down on the bed with her legs crossed under her bum, setting the tray down in front of us. "What'd I miss?"

"This guy writes so well," Neru said, biting into a piece of brownie. Teto read Naoki's message, her eyes widening.

Naoki: her eyes fluttered to a close as her hands latched onto me and we stumbled into the darkness of her home, my tongue against her soft lips as...

We frowned. He had stopped typing, ending the message right there. I took the phone in my hands.

Gumi: the real Gumi here. What happened?

Naoki: that's it.

Gumi: what?

Naoki: you don't need to know anymore. ;)

Naoki: it was amazing, though.

"Well," Luka fell back on Teto's bed, her hands clasped behind her head. "That was interesting. You should ask him to tell you a bedtime story someday, Gumi."

"It was good while it lasted," Miku snickered.

"S-Shush, you!" Neru grabbed a pillow and hurled it at Miku, making the teal haired girl cry out and fall onto the floor. "We're all still single here, except for you! I don't see you telling any stories about your alone time with the banana blondie!"

"Ugh..." Miku rubbed the back of her head, looking up at us, lying on the floor with her feet pointing to the ceiling. "You want to hear stories about us?"

"A good romance is always nice," Teto smiled and nodded at Miku.

"The only romance I'm interested in is the one between me and Kaito," Luka said, examining her nails.

"You mean the nonexistent one," I said to Luka. She glared at me. I smirked.

"Teto, do you have any good movies lying around?" Luka asked, changing the topic.

"Uh..." Teto bit her lip. "Define 'good.'"

"Something that stops even Neru from texting."

"Hey!" Neru yelled at Luka. "I can stop whenever I want!"

"That's what smokers say. Are you a smoker, Neru? Or should I say, Lightning Fingers?" Luka shot Neru a teasing smile.

"You guys want to talk to Naoki some more?" I asked as the girls chatted. "I'm going to say goodnight."

"Dude, he's some forty year old who claims to be seventeen," Neru said. "Leave him."

"Actually, he's a pretty good writer, if nothing else," Luka said. "Besides, you've been talking to him for nearly a month now. I'm sure you know him better than us."

"I don't know," I said. "He's always joking around. I don't know who he is."

"Ask him for his picture," Neru said.

"Like he'll give it to her," Luka said.

"We could try!" Neru said. "They could make a deal. His picture for her picture."

"I'm not really okay with that..." I said quietly.

"Well, we could take a picture of Luka and say it's you," Neru wrapped an arm around Luka's shoulders. "Piko, Oliver and Gakupo adore her. Besides, I think this Naoki guy would love her looks. He seems to like squishy women."

"Neru!" Luka's face reddened and she shoved the blonde aside. "I'm not letting you do that!"

"Let's just ask him first," Neru said. "Maybe he won't object to showing us his picture."

"Miku and I are going to go look for a movie downstairs," Teto said, getting up. "If you three are successful in your attempt to get Mr. Spammy-Pants' picture and he happens to be hot, scream and we'll be right up."

"Don't get your hopes up," Luka said. "Go find something to watch. Gumi, you talk to Naoki."

"R-Right!" I nodded and texted him.

Gumi: hey, listen.

Naoki: what are you, a fairy?

Gumi: what? No...listen!

Naoki: I'm listening. Oh, wait! Did your gorgeous, squishy bread loving friends like my story? :D

"You guys answer him," I said.

"Story?" Neru raised an eyebrow. "More like a very nicely fabricated kiss scene."

"It was nice, but there was no Kaito," Luka said. "Or Luka, for that matter."

Gumi: they think it's a fake story. Not true. And another one says that there was no blue haired love interest.

Naoki: well, there was me. And my ex.

Gumi: anyway...there's something I need to ask you for, Naoki.

Naoki: oh? This ought to be interesting. Do continue.

Gumi: your picture.

Naoki: what?

Gumi: we want to see your face.

Naoki: I'm too perfect, heh. No, seriously, you want to see?

Gumi: yes, please.

Naoki: okay! I'll send a link. ^__________________^

"And now we wait," I said, drumming my fingers against Teto's bedsheets. A few seconds later, a link popped up.

"Click it," Neru whispered.

"I bet it's a picture of some girl from a horror movie," Luka said.

I clicked it and the image started to load. We saw purple hair. Luka groaned loudly.

"It's worse than some girl from a horror movie!" She yelled. "Where'd he get that?"

"Gakupo is popular on the Internet," I grumbled.

Gumi: ha ha.

Naoki: I know. ;)

Gumi: seriously, Naoki. I want to see.

Naoki: sorry~

"Let's do the thing with Luka," Neru said, pulling me and Luka close.

"I'm scared," Luka said.

"We'll only snap like, half your face. And your chest, of course," Neru said. "Come on, Gumi."

Gumi: what if I show you my face?

Naoki: well, this is interesting. And in return, I show you mine?

Gumi: yeah. But...could you go first?

Naoki: I'm up for it but I want you to go first.

Gumi: no way! You'll just end up tricking me!

Naoki: I'm nothing that needs to be seen. What's the point of a fake name and everything if I just show you my face?

"He's got a point," I said. "Can we stop bothering him?"

"He hardly seems bothered," Luka said.

"You guys!" Teto returned, waving a DVD case around. "I found something we could watch! And Miku's making popcorn! And! And! And!"

"And..." Neru frowned.

"I got my hair accessories out!" Teto squealed with delight, running over to her closet and pulling out a large box. "I am going to give you all the most amazing hairstyles!"

"As long as it doesn't take two hours," Luka said.

"Hey, there's no way I'm doing these beautiful curls for you!" Teto scoffed, flipping her corkscrew curls.

"Let's head downstairs," Neru said. We all headed out of Teto's room. As I walked, I typed a reply to Naoki.

Gumi: sorry about all that picture stuff. My friends were kind of asking for it. Anyway, I'm going to go now. Good night, spammer. :)

Naoki: so you're the one apologizing tonight. Don't worry about it, I used to get asked for my picture a lot anyways. ;)

Naoki: good night, carrot girl. I hope you and your beautiful flower girlfriends have a great time. Wish I could be there. You'd all love me, too~

Gumi: ...anyway...one thing, before I go. Did Gakupo give you my number?

Naoki: ...

Naoki: what if he did?

Gumi: I wish you'd stop playing games with me.

Naoki: I'm sorry, but I love games.

Gumi: can we talk?

Naoki: you mean you want to call me? I won't pick up.

Gumi: you suck.

Naoki: oh yes I do. ;)

Gumi: idiot...

That sleepover was probably the highlight of my entire summer. We spent the rest of the night eating way too much junk food and ruining each other's hair. Neru, Teto and Luka kept bringing up Kaito every now and then, which reawakened the pathetic sadness I still felt whenever I thought of him, but I got my mind off of Naoki, temporarily, at least.

"Well...that's it, I'm beat..." Teto yawned, stumbling her way up to her room. It was four in the morning and we were all pretty tired.

"I wanted to have a pillow fight," Neru muttered, half asleep as she followed Teto. "Redhead fed me too much..."

I nodded, half asleep as well. We all headed into Teto's room and Luka flicked the light switch and started making creepy noises.

"Dammit, Luka, are you trying to scare me to wakefulness?" Teto snapped suddenly, tripping over my foot in the darkness and screaming. I laughed dazedly and climbed onto the bed.

"Gumi!" Teto wailed, climbing in next to me. "You scared me..."

"I'm so tired..." I mumbled. Bodies shuffled onto the bed and somebody smacked my stomach, making me yelp. I sat up straight. "Okay, who did that?"

Giggling followed and I scowled, trying to make out the silhouettes of my friends in the darkness. I grabbed a random lock of hair and yanked. Miku screamed.

"It wasn't me, I swear!" She said. Luka laughed louder than the others and I slowly climbed over to her and whispered in her ear.

"I'm watching you," I said darkly. She pushed me and I fell back onto Neru, Miku and Teto. They laughed and squirmed away. I wondered what happened to us being tired five minutes ago. A dim light flashed from underneath the blankets.

"Neru! Phone! Off!" Teto snatched the blonde's cell phone. Neru tried to grab it.

"Give it back!" She screamed, grabbing Teto's arms and trying to get to the phone. "Give it back, give it back, give it back! Give me my phone!"

"This sounds familiar," Miku mused.

"Familiar?" I repeated.

"Yeah, I was watching some show last night with this crazy girl who was screaming behind a door and...never mind," Miku shook her head. Neru managed to get her phone back. She hugged it to her chest and we all got back under the blankets.

"Ghost stories?" Luka asked.

"Tell them to yourself," I said.

"Ooh, you guys! Maybe Naoki knows a good ghost story!" Teto flailed her legs, making the blankets get all messed up.

"Do you like Naoki?" Neru asked Teto.

"N-No, I don't even know him!"

"Well, you keep thinking about him," Neru giggled.

"Hmph! It was just an idea I had. Maybe he has a good love story..."

"He's probably asleep," I said, looking at my phone.

"Guys, I'm trying to sleep!" Miku said.

"Maybe Miku has a good love story," Teto said.

"No. I. Don't," Miku was blunt.

"Not even about Len?"

"No."

"Tell us about the ten times he's kissed you," I teased.

"Gumi!" Miku threw a pillow at me and I fell back onto Luka, which obviously didn't hurt.

Because she's soft like a pillow...

"Get off!" Luka pushed me off and I received another blow from Miku.

"My face!"

"Ask Naoki for a story!" Teto said. Miku closed her eyes and tried to sleep.

Gumi: you there?

Naoki: always there for a girl.

"He's awake," I half groaned.

Gumi: were you asleep?

Naoki: nah, I was out partying with a bunch of hot chicks, but when I saw your text, I immediately left the area. ;)

Gumi: you're hilarious. Anyway. Tell me a story.

Naoki: what?

Gumi: it's four in the morning and we're all sleepy. Tell me a story.

Naoki: sounds like you should sleep.

Gumi: do you know any good scary stories?

Naoki: actually, yeah. I got this really scary one. It'll scare your sleep away.

"He has a story," I announced. Neru clapped slowly. Teto squealed and Luka just stared at me creepily. Miku had her eyes scrunched to a close, trying to fall asleep.

"Is it a scary story?" Teto asked.

"Yes," I said.

Gumi: okay! Tell me!

Naoki: okay. Once, there was a planet called earth. There were no females on it. The end. :D

I scowled and felt like throwing my phone across the room, but it wasn't worth it.

"What's wrong?" Teto asked.

"This idiot..." I grumbled. "I hate him so much."

"Aren't you going to tell us the story?" Luka asked.

"Do you really want to hear it?" I felt a smile tug at my lips. Naoki was obviously just joking around, and I should've expected it, but it had made me furious suddenly.

"Yes!" Teto, Neru and Luka said. Miku groaned and rolled onto her side.

"Okay," I said, leaning against Miku's figure, resting my elbows against the length of her torso. She cried out in pain and I snickered, feeling kind of evil. I decided to modify Naoki's story slightly. "Once, there was a planet called earth. It had no Kaito. Or Len. The end."

"That can't be the story that he told you," Luka wrinkled her nose.

"Well, the only difference is that in his story, there aren't any females," I yawned at the end of the sentence. "Okay, that's it. I can't keep my eyes open anymore..."

I fell back next to Miku and the other girls. They all slowly settled down we pulled the blankets over ourselves. My mouth tasted like Teto's carrot cake; I hadn't even brushed my teeth. None of us had.

Bzzz...

I groaned and looked at my phone.

Naoki: was it scary enough?

Gumi: you're so silly sometimes, Gakupo.

Naoki: ...

Gumi: goodnight, Naoki. I expect the truth from you sometime soon.

Naoki: ...goodnight, Gumi Megpoid.

It was only the next morning that I realized that he knew my last name. I asked him about it and he kept insisting that I had told him when I clearly hadn't. As the weeks went by, I continued to pester him, asking him who he was, what he wanted and how he knew me.

Gumi: you knew I was a girl. You didn't guess it.

Naoki: why do you keep bringing this up?

Gumi: because you lied to me.

Naoki: I forgot, that's all. I didn't mean to deceive you.

Gumi: I'm not going to talk to you anymore.

I said that many times, that I wasn't going to speak with him anymore, but every time, I ended up talking to him again, one way or another. Eventually, I decided to stop talking about who gave him my number and how he knew me. I told him about my problems.

Gumi: have you ever felt heartbreak?

Naoki: yes. My ex, remember?

Gumi: right...it hurts so much sometimes, even when I think I'm over it.

Naoki: the body and mind try to move on, but the heart won't budge.

Gumi: something like that, I guess.

Naoki: the pain never really stops. It just takes a break from hurting for longer and longer intervals.

Gumi: that's exactly how I feel.

Naoki: did someone say no to you?

Gumi: yes, and now I feel horrible for even telling him how I felt.

Naoki: never regret your decision. Don't ask yourself the stupid "what if" questions. Just...I don't know, relax. Do something fun. It'll get better.

Sometime during the last two weeks of summer break, Len tried to call Naoki, using my phone, but Naoki kept ignoring the calls.

Naoki: we've been over this. Stop calling me.

Gumi: but I want to speak to you.

Naoki: speak like this.

Gumi: it's not good enough. I need to know who you are.

Naoki: then meet me.

Len was sitting by me when I was having this conversation with Naoki. I looked up at him, wanting help.

"Ask where, then say no," Len said. "You need to stop talking to him, Gumi. He knows more about you than you do about him, and that's dangerous. I'd ask Gakupo if he gave this person your number, but Gakupo's out of the city with his parents and I haven't been able to contact him."

"I don't know what to do anymore," I said. We were sitting in the park near Len's home. Miku was sitting beside me, her head resting on my shoulder. "I've spoken to him so much now."

"Just stop. He won't have anything to say if you don't feed him," Len said. "Just finish this conversation up."

"Right," I said.

Gumi: where?

Naoki: someplace. It'll happen, I'm sure.

Gumi: what're you talking about?

Naoki: I'll find you, or maybe you'll find me. I have a feeling we're about to meet. Very soon.

That was the last time I spoke to Naoki.

Wattpad isn't letting me format all this...I'll format it after publishing.

Also! I won't be updating regularly anymore. It'll be monthly or something for a while, I don't really know yet...thanks for all your support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 90 27
(So just to let you know, I might be posting chapters for a while) Hatsune Miku was new at becoming a vocaloid student, but things got complicated. I...
11.4K 342 15
(Highest: #106 in Vocaloid!) The true (ahem) story of all your favorite Vocaloids! Rin and Len know Luka's embarrassing 'secret'- something she can't...
48.2K 2.5K 102
They say school years are the best days of your life. But they don't mention the emotional rollercoaster. Follow Miku, a girl with gorgeous teal eye...
2.8K 114 23
Kagamine Len is your everyday school nerd at Vocaloid H.Q Academy. He never had any interest in girls until SHE showed up. The new transfer girl, K...