Ice Cold

By XXrogueXlucyXX

Alex knew from first sight that Ice wasn't going to be just a friend. The two were closer than normal friends... More

:Chapter 1:
:Chapter 2:
:Chapter 3:
:Chapter 4:
:Chapter 5:
:Chapter 6:
:Chapter 7:
:Chapter 8:
:Chapter 9:
:Chapter 10:
:Chapter 11:
:Chapter 12:
:Chapter 13:
:Chapter 14:
:Chapter 15:
:Chapter 16:
:Chapter 17:
:Epilogue:

:Chapter 18:

242 14 0
By XXrogueXlucyXX

:Alex:

Ice stayed in the room for three days straight. She refused to leave since her half brother slit his throat in front of everyone. She took it the hardest since at the last moment he dropped his weapons and refused to kill her.

'Least he got a change of heart at the end decided to let Ice live and choose the path that she wants without them in her way.' And then he slit his throat telling her she'll be better. I had to bring Ice her food as she wouldn't go downstairs to get it.

Finally I had enough of her moping in the room. "Ice." I said opening the door and she glanced up. "Get out of the bed now." I told her and Ice didn't answer so I forcefully took the covers. "Alex." Ice said and I grabbed her shoulders and forced her to look at me.

"Ice I love you, and I refuse to see you waste away in this room, so your going to shower and then your going to join for me at the table for lunch. And I'm not taking no for an answer." I told Ice who looked shocked.

'Well you've always been kind and patient with her, and now you just laid down the law.' For her own good. Ice didn't even argue with me all she did was go to the kitchen and I waited for her hearing the water dripping down for twenty minutes before she stopped.

And the Ice dried herself off before coming out in a fleece dress. I smiled at her and then we went downstairs where lunch was made. Chicken quesadilla's. Ice took a seat next to me and I gave her a comforting smile to show her I would always be there for her.

Even in the hardest times. 'Which is right now since she is coping with a family member's death. Something she never thought she would have to.' And I can understand why. So the best thing for Ice was to be patient with her. But not let her waste away.

I would be there for Ice no matter what. Ice ate her quesadilla and of course she asked for a second one which my mother was more than happy to get. "Where's Blizzard?" Ice asked my mom as she set the quesadilla in front of her and my mom looked up.

"Border control, he joined that since he doesn't have to protect you as much and wants to contribute to the pack in a way he knows." My mom said. 'And Blizzard is quite good at checking for threats since he spent most of his time here checking for the assassins that could try to hurt Ice.'

So he decided to help with that in all his forms. It was the best thing he could take care of. And in case an aggressive rogue came Blizzard could easily eliminate the threat. My dad was even looking for ways to let him into the pack.

Sure humans could be a part of the pack. 'But you know we didn't even know snow shifters all that well, but dad will no doubt label him a shifter.' And then Blizzard was in the pack and had all the benefits as well. Ice nodded at my mom as she continued eating her quesadilla.

I asked for another one as well. I thought about ways to make Ice feel a bit better and one came into mind. "Hey mom can I take Ice into town?" I asked and my mom nodded before handing me the car keys and then we were out the door.

"Where are we going?" Ice asked as we got in the car. "That's a surprise." I told her with a smile on my face. 'I am curious as well on where you plan to take Ice that could cheer her up from that little thing going on with her.'

I smiled. 'Trust me it's a good place, well we have to stop there before we go to the place that I plan to excite her at. And I just know she'll like it.' Ice looked at me as we got in the car and I started it up.

"Can you give me a hint on where we are going?" Ice asked. "You froze it for me." Was all I told Ice and she raised an eyebrow. 'Oh, that would help.' Ice spent the time in the car thinking about it as we drove off into the city.

Dollar a Flower was a cute little flower shop off of King's Rd. They donated half profits to charity organizations. And they sold each flower for a dollar and a dozen bouquet was always 10 dollars.

Ice was confused when we walked in. 'Well you never really buy her flowers, so I can see that.' 'Well these flowers are for a reason that I know she will like.' The owner an older man named Jim welcomed us and said the dozen flowers were half-off today. 

"What are we doing here?" Ice asked. "We're buying some flowers." I told her and Ice nodded as we went down. "Do you have a preference?" I asked Ice and she stopped in front of the white roses and took two and then two white lilies and then two white tulips.

"So what are these for?" Ice asked. I smiled at her. 'Can't wait to see her expression upon seeing what we are doing for.' "For your brother." I told Ice with a soft smile on my face. Shock went across her face before she hugged me.

And then we were at the cash register once more. Ice grabbed looked at the seeds. "Which is the cheapest that don't need any sort of preparation?" Ice asked looking at the seeds and I smiled at that knowing what she was going to do. She had some plans for this no doubt.

'She may of not known her brother very well, but he did change his mind at the end and that means a lot to her.' It honestly was a shame that he slit his throat. "Tulips." Jim said and Ice nodded at that and looked at the seeds.

"These are hybrid tulips, they come out blue and white." Jim said tapping on a package that was 3.99 with a pretty flower on it. Ice smiled at the colors. The color of her species, the color of winter. Ice picked up the package and set them on the counter with the flowers.

'This is a very good thing that you picked to do. And no doubt something that Ice will no doubt remember.' I smiled. "10." Jim said and I pulled out a crisp ten as he put them in a brown bag with care and then handed them to Ice with a smile.

"You enjoy these flowers ma'am." Jim said with a smile on his face. Ice nodded at that before we linked out arms together and went out to the car. Ice turned to me and leaned forward and kissed my cheek with a soft expression on her face.

"Thank you Alex, this means a lot to me." Ice said and I smiled at that. "Anything that will make you happy. I will do whatever it takes to keep a smile like that on your face. I like seeing you happy, I'd buy you a floral shop and work it off." I told Ice.

Ice smiled. 'You really are sweet. Doing this for her, honestly I wish I had an idea like this, I would of just taken her on a walk. But you had this much better idea.' I smiled at Echo's complement as Ice and I got in the car and drove off.

Tempest was buried in the pack cemetery grounds. Far of next to a giant willow tree. I walked up Ice to it with a bit of a smile on my face.

He had a small gravestone that read Tempest, brother, hybrid. A clear sign that Ice didn't care about hybrids. 'She even helped make the gravestone for him, and now she leaves the first flowers for him.' I smiled at Ice as she wiped some tears from her eyes.

Frost covered the flowers before she set them down next to the grave after wiping away snow. I dug a hole in wolf form for Ice before shifting back and then we played the seeds in and she surrounded it in a thin layer of frost to keep the seed safe.

"The frost keeps the cold out and will let the seed out when the cold leaves." Ice said with a smile. 'Her powers still amaze me to this day and is such an awesome sight to watch. It really is Ice is such a talented girl.' I nodded at that.

I got lucky with my mate. And ended up with Ice. Honestly she was the best mate I could ask for. She was so sweet and kind and considerate to something. "I hope wherever he is, he's happy now." Ice said and I leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

"I'm sure he is, being free in the afterlife where no one can touch him. I'm sure he found his peace." I told Ice. 'No matter how he achieved it, he is no freed from the one thing he could never free himself from. He just took the more bad way out of it.'

But I wouldn't talk ill of Ice's dead brother. "Alex thank you for this." Ice said turning to me wiping away more tears. "I'll always be here for you, no need to thank me, I know this is hard." I told Ice giving her a kiss. Ice smiled at that.

"I'd say time heals but it doesn't, you learn to cope with the pain and move on. And that's what you'll do Ice. You won't forget him, but you will move on the way he wanted you to." I told Ice. 'And Tempest did tell her to live and not let anyone restrain her in life.'

Ice smiled before hugging me as we enjoyed that bliss of a moment.

1709. And the next is the epilogue and then Ice Cold is done. I'll try to get the first chapter of Death's Kiss out today. But I still have to get a chapter of Immortal Bonds out so fingers crossed. Until next time bonded marshmallows.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45 1 6
[INCOMPLETE] Rowan is a creature of great misunderstanding. In a world full of Mythical beings, his kind, the Anadin, are heavily hated by the whole...
31 2 4
Matt wanders back into Alexs's life... injured and babbling. Why is he here? Alex doesn't have time to argue, not with Matt's life on the line. Howev...
526 32 20
Alaina had thought and felt like she was in a relationship that she had always dreamed about since she was a young girl, I mean everything was great...
685 3 34
The latest Indigo novel, this series, Indigo Apocalypse, picks up where Dragon Tears leaves off. Huntor and Sarah have finally learned the truth abo...