I'll Stay Babe (Zayn Malik)

By sheXfanciesXhim

It started with a Starbucks cup and an insane Greyhound to get them to meet. Sofia Thanos is a laid back girl... More

I'll Stay Babe
Chapter No. 1: Ares
Chapter No. 2: Friends Are The Nosiest People You Will Ever Meet
Chapter No. 3: Consequences and Thoughts
Chapter No. 4: Mission in Dutch Land
Chapter No. 5: He/She
Chapter No. 6: Red Bull and Monster
Chapter No. 7: Scavenger Hunt For The Lost Boy
Chapter No. 8: Odd Feelings and Random Scenerios
Chapter No. 9: Butterflies & a Psycho Girl
Chapter No. 10: Does a cold affect your sanity?
Chapter No. 11: The Date and The Babysitter
Chapter No. 12: Kelsey Needs Her Milk
Chapter No. 13: Birth and Treadmills
I'll Stay Babe: Contest No. 1
Chapter No. 14: Niall's Painting of Heidi Klum
I'll Stay Babe: Contest No. 1: RESULTS
Chapter No. 15: I hate ice cream cake.
Chapter No. 17: Murder She Wrote starring Niall Horan
Chapter No. 18: Overall Douche Bag
Chapter No. 19: SABTLP Club
Chapter No. 20: "I call being James Bond!"
Chapter No. 21: A Day In The Life of Mona
Chapter No. 22: Ape-Shiz
Chapter No. 23: Pasta Ood Man

Chapter No. 16: Snog, Marry, or Avoid

106K 1.1K 408
By sheXfanciesXhim

Hi! I'm not going to do the whole fancy best comment, song, thingy because it's late and I just want this chapter out!

Sorry for my obnoxious absence. 

School was just overwhelming.

Thanks for the people that read these intros! Props to you :)

But also please go check out "He Broke My Heart" by xAmberr_1Dx . She deserves a bunch more reads.

Dedication: You were the last person to comment! WOO! Plus I like your username/picture lol.

LOLCAKES KAY BYE!

***

Sofia's POV

"Niall, I don't think this is going to work," I said, running a hand through my knotty curls in defeat. Niall had managed to lift the cake onto a rolling cart that was a bit smaller than the cake so the cake's edges sort of hung off.

"Poppycock!" Niall said, putting on his sweatshirt. With one swoosh, he had zipped the jumper up It just so happened that the jumper was one that covered your face. His alien head turned to me.

"Erm, so what is your plan, Niall?" I asked, rubbing my elbow nervously. My anger was slowly edging away replaced by uneasy and queasy feelings.

"Simple. We roll the cake into the lift, head down, take the tube, and go to my flat where my freezer is alive and well," he stated seeming a bit proud of himself. I stole a glance at the hole through the wall that separated the kitchen and living room at the window to see ran pattering down.

"Niall, it's raining," I told him. He unzipped his face and I could see his pondering expression. Without a word, he walked into the kitchen. I followed, leaving the cake contraption in the living room by the door. Niall went over to the shelves and drawers, looking through them all. I stood there, really just giving up.

"Here," Niall said, handing me two square boards. I gave him a puzzled look.

"Cutting boards?" I questioned. He nodded.

"So you can shield the cake from the rain," he said, as if that fixed all our problems.

"Nia–" I started.

"You have an umbrella, don't you?" Niall asked, cutting me off. I sighed and was about to say yes when a thought cut me off short.

"Erm, no I actually lent it to Zayn," I mumbled. (A/N You guys remember their first little 'date'? She gave him her umbrella. See if anyone remembered. If you did, comment it!)

"Call him! We need that umbrella!" He exclaimed. He grabbed the cutting boards and swiftly went to the living room. I blinked getting a small familiarity of Mona from Niall. 

They were both kind of odd. I wonder if it was possible to actually be normal because no one I know actually is. Mona is a nut. Niall is also a nut. Dec is far to obsessed with football. My mother has anger problems. Alec is a nut, as well. My father has this dream of owning a Bed and Breakfast that he's had since primary school. I just … Normal. Isn't. Possible.

I took out my phone after Niall let out a huge burp breaking me from my thoughts. I scrolled through contacts before Zayn's number popped up. I dialled it.

"Sofia? What is this notation that Harry and Louis seem to have that you're going to die?" Zayn asked, his voice sleepy. I let out a little chuckle.

"Niall kind of, well–" I started but yet again I was interrupted by a belching boy.

"Oi! Umbrella! It's melting and I will not be personally responsible for this since Liam will find a way to blame me!" Niall shouted from the living room.

"Niall is at your flat?" Zayn asked, sounding annoyed and confused.

"Erm, yeah, he just kind of showed up. But he's helping me with a problem and apparently that means we need the umbrella that I lent you," I said, sheepishly. 

"Alright, I'll come bring it over. Heads up Liam wants to strangle Niall so don't be surprised if he follows me," Zayn said, sighing. I bit my lip.

"Okay. I'm sorry for the trouble," I said. I heard something fall and a loud curse following.

"Sofia, don't worry. It's Niall who causes the trouble," Zayn said, smirking a bit in his voice. I grinned, peaking a look at Niall through the whole in the wall that divided the kitchen and living room.

"I see that," I commented. We ended the phone call because Niall started screaming.

"It's dripping! Dripping! Dear Mother of all that is precious; It. Is. Dripping!" He yelled. I put my phone in my pocket and went to see him fanning the cake with his hands and blowing on it.

Yeah I'm going to be fired.

Along with crushing a sixteen year old's dream.

What a person I am.

***

Zayn's POV

"Louis stop touching me, I'm trying to call Niall!" Liam groaned, swatting Louis's hands that were on his cheeks.

"You're having an affair with Niall?! How dare you!" He screamed, shocked. Then he slapped Liam which probably wasn't a good idea. Liam pounced on him, trying to ring his neck and they crashed into the living room table where they knocked Harry's cup off.

"I did it! WOO! I am psychic! Take that logic!" Harry shouted, standing up from his seat on the floor to raise his fists in triumph.

"But … you didn't even knock it over, Liam's thigh did," I said, grabbing the umbrella and my coat from the closet.

"You can't even let me have this one little win, can you? I am just a boy! A boy who needs reassurance that he is loved!" Harry snapped at me, looking anguished. I put my hands up in defeat.

"Look, mate, I'm sorry," I told him.

"Don't you 'mate' me! Is that all I am to you?! Mate?!" he exploded, turning on me.

"I-I was just saying that–" I tried.

"No! I can't even listen to you for another second!" he said before storming into the kitchen. Liam was chocking Louis on the floor and I stood there confused. 

Then Harry came back in to add, "You disgust me," before picking up his cup and stalking off once again.

These people have concerning mood swings.

"Well I'm, erm, leaving. Don't kill him, Liam. Bye," I said. I opened the door and turned back to see Louis trying to crawl away but Liam dragging him back. Then I left.

We really need to hire a psychiatrist. 

***

Mona's POV

I feel like I'm gonna puke. 

She had a coffin for this rabid creature. And she had her nephew pull the dead bunny in his wagon. That is just not right! Don't you give your nephew traumatic memories about his once beloved wagon! That is child abuse!

I should sue.

Ashna was standing next to me actually tearing up a bit. I mean, what? She didn't even like the bunny. Granted the bunny and I had an ongoing war against each other but that doesn't mean that Ashna still liked him. Laura, the BFFL of my mother who was burying the bunny, stood by the open hole, wailing. 

Dear God, woman! Get a grip on life! I mean I know I went a bit haywire when Ashna told me Czechoslovakia died but, I mean, I was intoxicated on sugar!

She was just normal.

Well normal for herself, that is.

"Can you hand me a tissue?" Ashna whispered. I looked at her incredulous. 

"You're crying?" I asked, shocked while grabbing a tissue from my bag. She snatched the tissue from my hand.

"I'm acting like I'm crying so I don't hurt Laura's feelings. You should do that more often," she snapped, dabbing the corners of her eyes.

"Don't you sass me, Sista'," I said, giving her attitude. She glared at me from under her lashes as she fake sniffed. I turned when I saw them put the casket into the dirt hole that was in her backyard.

I wonder what would happen if she had to move …That would suck for the people who would be forced to dig up a rabbit skeleton. 

We stayed quiet, scanning the crowd which consisted of Laura's eighty year old mother who was sleeping in her wheelchair, Laura's son Kevin who looked like he was about to cry himself but not because of the death of his mother's pet but because he was so upset about being there like he just wanted to leave, Ashna and I, the two men who carried the rabbit casket with the funniest faces (one looked like he wanted to slap Laura to get a grip on life and the other one looked sad that people did these things), and the cleaning lady. 

Don't ask me why she was here but maybe they had a good friendship bond or something …

I took a deep breath wanting more than anything to sink into the chair that touched the back of my knees but knowing I would get slapped by Ashna for "disrespecting Laura's morals."

Fwjgnsnajfreg … I dislike people.

***

Sofia's POV

"Could you have possibly taken any longer?" Niall exasperated as he tugged Zayn into my flat. Zayn glared at him, shaking the rain out of his hair that had blond tips.

Those blond tips did look quite fancy if you asked me …

"Well I'm sorry but can you re-explain to me what exactly is going on?" Zayn asked. His eyes flickered from mine to Niall's. 

"Wait, did you bring the umbrella?" Niall questioned.

"Yes, bu–" Niall cut him off by snatching the umbrella from his hand and sauntering off into the kitchen. So while Niall grabbed more necessary supplies, I explained to Zayn my predicament. 

He gave me a cute side grin after I told him along with a small shake of the head. 

"You're crazy," he told me, his eyes looking slightly green. I blushed and smiled.

"Why, thank you," I said. He grinned and leaned in slightly to give me a kiss on the cheek. Then he pulled back slightly looking a bit nervous like he wasn't supposed to do that. I slipped my hand into his in reassurance making his cheekbones turn pink.

I jumped when I saw Niall standing right in front us with his arms crossed, eyebrows raised, and foot tapping. 

"Erm …" Zayn said, looking embarrassed.

"No time, take these," Niall said, shoving the cutting boards into Zayn's hands and the umbrella into mine. Zayn gave him a puzzled look while I sighed.

"Okay, Sofia, here's the plan: I will wheel the cake cart, you will hold the umbrella over the cart, and Zayn you will hold the cutting boards on the sides so the rain doesn't come from other angles," Niall said, his huge blue eyes staring at me.

I nodded, and tugged on one of my curls.

"But, erm, Niall, won't it attract attention to be wheeling around a cake in a rain storm?" Zayn asked. Niall turned to him.

"So you're doubting me, is that it?" he asked, crossing his arms once again. Zayn threw his hands up in defeat.

"Why is everybody so sassy today? First it's Harry sassing me for doubting his psychic abilities, then the woman on the tube who sassed me for trying to cut in front of her to get here faster, then it's you thinking I don't like your plan," Zayn exasperated. Niall bit his lip and his eyes went all wide and blue.

"I'm sorry, mate. This is just stressing me out. I'm scared Liam will take back our friendship because he will think I was the one who ruined Sofia's chances of ever becoming a successful chef," Niall said.

I sort of squeaked at the reality of that. Oh. My. Poop.

If we don't save this cake then my boss is going to fire me and I will never be able to get a job at a four star restaurant within the city limits and then I will have to find some diner on the outskirts of London who can't even properly cook waffles and I will be a bus girl for all of eternity all because I couldn't deliver a stupid cake!

Let the girl starve, I say! Who needs their 16th birthday cake anyway? Don't you want to shed a few pounds for prom or something?

I started hyperventilating at this point because of all the bad scenarios running through my mind of never becoming a chef and working in a low class diner.

"Sofia? Sofia it's okay. Niall was just kidding! Ruining the cake won't ruin the chances of you becoming a successful chef, alright?" Zayn said, putting his palm on my cheek. He watched me until I gulped and nodded then proceeded to glare at Niall.

"Niall …," Zayn said.

"I'm sorry! I'm no good under pressure! And I really want to eat that cake!" Niall exclaimed. Zayn sighed.

"Fine then let's just follow your plan since we have no better one …" Zayn trailed off.

And this whole shindig brought us to a lovely point in time where … well, where many things occurred.

"Bloody hell, SLOW DOWN!" Zayn shouted as he and I ran after the speeding cart with Niall attatched to it.

"But it's melting!" Niall shouted back. We had managed to attatch the umbrella to the cart so it sheilded the cake from the rain (Zayn insisted that we didn't need the cutting boards)  but Niall on the other hand was soaked. Zayn and I were soaked. Everything was soaked except for that stupid cake.

Man I hate that cake.

I hope it feels pain while it melts.

"OI! MOVE IT! Cake coming through!" Niall announced as he flew down the crowded side walk. People turned to give him an annoyed look while muttering things under their breath. It probably looked even odder considering he had on his hoodie that zipped up to cover his face. So people saw a random guy with a crazy jumper hurling down the pavement with a trolley contraption holding a cake with an umbrella duck taped onto it …

Cheers, Niall.

***

Liam's POV

"Give me my bloody phone!" I shouted, banging on the door to Louis's room.

"Don't make me wash your mouth out with soap!" Harry called from the living room.

"Oh bite me, Harry!" I yelled back. 

"Cheeky!" He replied. I kicked Louis's door once more before taking a deep breath and heading into Harry's room.

No matter how innocent that boy looked, he was devious. Harry had a kit on how to unlock doors that he said someone gave him as a present but we all know he bought it for his own evil schemes. I grabbed it and headed back to Louis's room where I shoved the medal pole into the hole in the doorknob. When I got it unlocked and opened, Louis was no where in sight.

Was he missing?

No. He was peeing. I could hear the tinkle.

"Louis! Where is my phone?" I shouted as I stompted over to the bathroom door in his room. I heard a bang and a quiet "ow" before he responded.

"Your mobile is in the Witness Protection Program. I am so sorry, sir, but her location is to be kept a secret," Louis responded back sounding posh-er than usual.

Oh so my mobile is a girl now, is she?

"Louis if you brought my mobile into the bathroom with you so help me I will–" then a certain sound brought me up short, "Louis … are you still peeing? Oh God! Louis! You disgusting boy!"

"My urinary issues are not a topic I would like to discuss, thanks," Louis retorted.

Didn't need to know you had issues down there, buddy.

"Never mind just give me my damn phone!" I said, banging on the door. Now you might ask me why I didn't just unlock the door like I did to get into his bedroom but frankly I don't want to see Louis in all his glory taking a piss.

Not my idea of a fun time.

"You really need to learn how to stop swearing! I can introduce you to some therapy classes to get you some help," Louis suggested.

Oh … my God.

"And you need to understand the fact that you're a kleptomaniac! Stop stealing my things!" I shouted.

"You're going to get a sore throat with all that shouting …," Louis 'tsked' me. 

"And you're going to get my hands around yours if you don't give me back my phone," I growled back.

Louis let out quite a manly shriek. 

"HARRY, LIAM IS THREATENING MY LIFE!" Louis shouted to Harry who was, as he said, "chillin' like a villin," in the living room.

"JUST USE YOUR I-MESSAGES!" Harry shouted back. 

There was a moment of silence before I heard the toilet flush, typical, then Louis cleared his throat and said, "I feel sad when you threaten to kill me,"

"I'm living with children," I muttered, face-palming. I swallowed my anger and calmly replied with gritted teeth, "I'm sorry. Now can I please have my mobile?"

… "No."

That's it.

***

Harry's POV

So basically while Louis was screaming balistically I was sitting here on the couch eating some scrambled eggs and watching Snog, Marry, or Avoid.

"I am Pod, who are you?" Pod from the show asked the obnoxiously tan girl on the screen, (A/N if you've never seen Snog, Marry, or Avoid, they have it on Youtube which is where I've seen it so go check it out it's just kind of hilariious.)

"Funny you should ask, see I'm Harry Styles," I said to the TV while shoving a fork load of eggs into my mouth.

Mhm, eggs. A man's best friend.

Actually that would be quite sad if your best mate was an egg. Also with the fact that you would eat them … Well that would be one abusive relationship.

I mean imagine being on one of those therapy shows like Jeremy Kyle and he asks you why your raltionship with your best friend is so bad. You would be like, "Well I eat him, for starters."

Wouldn't that be awkward to say? Huh.

***

TO BE CONTINUED … Lol I don't even know why I said that because it's a bit obvious. Ah well …

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 151 12
Liam and Ali met at a local Coffee Shop. Love at first sight? Maybe. Ali has a had a rough past and she needs someone to help her through everything...
304K 2.3K 33
All she was looking for was normal. He was anything but. People tell too many lies too often.
9.7K 100 21
Emily, a normal girl who just bumps into Harry Styles. Yes the Harry Styles from One Direction. Harry and Emily have their ups and downs but can they...
3.7K 97 26
*NOT EDITED* Harry Styles from boy band, One Direction, know as a player to most people, but to some a cheeky curly boy. Rosa Smith, smart, funny, cr...