His Last Choice

LoveScripter

[BOOK 1] NOTE FROM AUTHOR: "I wrote this book in High school, so if you don't like it and find it poorly wri... Еще

Before Reading
His Last Choice
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 23

97.9K 2.4K 149
LoveScripter

Dedicated to my fan #300!! Thank you helping me reach another goal XD

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*
PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.
Enjoy reading....

            Peyton's POV

            "That's right, you little chit! Might as well let you know the mastermind who has you left defenseless!" I rolled my eyes. Can this girl be any dumber? "I'm the one who planned your kidnapping." Well obviously, only an idiot couldn't figure it out now.

            "Why do this? Don't you know this is treason to your pack?" Her face paled, her eyes widened in realization. Did she even think this plan through?  Then she shook her head and her expression changed.

            "N-not if they don't know who did it" She grinned evilly. At this point, I felt ashamed to even be trapped in this by the likes of her.

            "What about Soren?! They left him bleeding out there for dead!" In my gut I knew it would take a lot more to kill a man like him. He wasn't dead, I just knew it. He would find me. Even if he were a handful as a mate, I wouldn't want to live a life without him. Not with all that time I've waited for him.

He will find me.

            "They did what?" She hissed with venom staring at her henchmen.

            One of them spat by the side of his foot and cringed at her face. "We did what we were paid to do. It's your fault for not being specific."

            "If I go back and find out he's hurt, I'm deduction the payment I'm giving you two." Angel bobbed her head as she spoke.  

            The men's face hardened like marble. "Oh, that won't do..." His voice came out rough and unforgiving. Both men took a slow step forward making me flinch with warning; Angel too intimidated by their simple action, moved back a step.

            An awkward half-smile acted on her face. "Bind her eyes and store her in the backroom," stuttering as she ordered them. The taller of the two with a more menacing look smirked and twirled his gun around his thumb.

            "Why of course, m'lady." He teased.

            "Would you like us to brew you a mug of tea as well my Queen?" The other guy joked. Both the huntsmen's demeanor altered to take on a fake compliance; they were definitely not listening to her anymore.

            I would have smirked, if I wasn't kidnapped and tied at their mercy.

            "Stop being dumbasses and do your work right" Angel glared, lifting her chin commandingly. Hoping that her slight authoritative tone would govern them once more, but with no such luck, the men burst out laughing. The poor idiot didn't even understand the trouble she just put herself into.

            "Why are you laughing?" Shouting at them made her face flush red, her fists coiled at her sides and her legs tighten together. Her body looked like a slick rocket about to take off. All she needed to complete the look was a puff of smoke and a pointed hat.

            I remained quiet as a mouse afraid of joining into her little mess.

            "Shut up tramp!"

            Angel gasped, "N-no you shut your trap HUMAN!" She grabbed the nearest item on the floor—a broken piece if concrete—and threw it at the man who spoke.

            That did it. In the next five minutes, Angel was tied up right next to me with a dirt sock gagged into her mouth. Her eyes dripping with mascara and fresh tears, she looked like any other kidnapped victim except no one pitied for her loss. At one point she tried to shift, but they lugged her in the head.

            "Hear that Fin?" The smaller guy smiled at his partner in crime.

            "What do you hear Eddie?" The menacing taller guy played along.

            "Silence—peaceful silence, after hearing this twit ramble on for so long, it made me appreciate the quietness of nature" He sighed and clamped his hands together as though he were in praise.

            Angel's eyes flared at him, she screamed her anger but was muffled by the dirty sock in her mouth.

            The Fin guy chuckled and smacked his arm. "You sissy, now what are we going to do with them?"

            He stared straight into our eyes. Gave Angel a nasty glare and then focused on the emotionless expression on my face.

            "I don't know. We could sell them off to the poachers. If that crazy chit there was tell'n the truth and they really are werewolves, their fur would sell for a high price!" Eddie gleamed at the thought of cash in his empty stitched-up wallet. 

            Fin eyed me more quizzically, "Never seen eyes as clear and blue as yours little pooch." This time, I couldn't help growling. He turned to Angel and asked, "Why'd you want us to kidnap her? It isn't every day that doggies of their cluster turn against each other."

            "Maybe she her evil sister bent on killing her for having their parent's good graces?" Eddie interjected.  

            Fin elbowed him straight in the stomach, making him fall back and gasp for air. "Fool, they look nothing a like! Besides this seems to me as an act of jealousy, you know girls these days are beasts when it comes to romantic crap. "

            "I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP!" Eddie hunched over on the ground regaining his breath.

"Well it wasn't useful" Fin turned his attention back towards me. Afraid to look him straight in the eyes again to see his awful scared face, I leveled my head to the ground where my legs were still tied together and my ankle bleeding.  

"Who are you? Tell me..." At first his voice came out soft as if talking to a child.

Instead of responding back, I merely shook my head. Then he gave me the most painful back smack I've never received in my life. What hurt the most was the heavy silver ring he wore on his middle finger that directly bruised my cheekbone.

"Answer me again, mutt, or it will be your life next!" He threatened. If I was shivering in fear, I couldn't tell. My body felt numb from shock and all I thought was...

Soren, save me

 "St-umf!" Angel shook fanatically, almost knocking me down with the hit of her shoulder.

"Knock her out" Fin instructed Eddie.

That only made her struggle more like a fish without water. "Whaff...gwaa whiss ouf mwa!"

Fin pulled off the dirty sock from her mouth, "WHAT!"

"First of all, shit that tasted like shit!" Fin was just about to tie the sock back around her mouth when Angel said my worst fears. "She's white!"

"And I thought we were harsh, these wolves are prejudiced too!" Eddie commented.

"No stupid, she's a white wolf! I saw it myself, I thought I was imagining it but I saw her shift into one before they left to hunt. She'll be worth a lot to many people!"

"She's lying. Why trust her, she's using you!" I finally spoke up.

Both men turned to me and looked me down from head to toe. "She's the daughter of the ISTAS Alpha, I'm sure of it! No wolves are that rare in color. For our people, white wolves are considered good luck charms. They bring prosperity to those who have them in their land and their worth a lot in market."

"LIES, all lies. You should tie her up!" They weren't even listening to me anymore.

"If she is good luck, why are you trying to get rid of her?" Eddie asked.

"Umm—

She paused for a moment.

"She's also mate's too Alpha Jeremy's son Soren!" She spat. She accepts it the moment her life is in danger...just awesome.

Fin's eyes widened, "You didn't mention that bit of information! Crap, we could be killed for this!" He panicked. I hoped that that amount of fear would bring me to my release. "I thought that guy we left for dead was a regular wolf! You didn't mention he is the son of the biggest wolf in the world!"

"No wait! Soren has no clue or trace of who you are! If you sell her now to the highest bidder, it will be their problem. Not yours..." She feed them more ideas.

"You won't get away with this, when my mate finds me he will kill you on the spot. Male wolves—alphas especially are possessive of their mates."

"What do we do man? I don't wanna die." Eddie worriedly whispered to his partner. Unlike Fin, he understood the potential of what Alpha Jeremy's pack could do. "That pack is rumored to be really fierce."

"But think about the money!" Fin fisted his hands, his brows folded in concentration. Angel's expression turned into triumphed. A growl escaped my lips, my anger directed to her.

"With you out of the picture, Soren will go to me for comfort" She said under her breath for only me to hear.

"That's if you live to rue the day" I spat back. She expects they will release her? She's more stupid than I thought. Her brain must be the size of an atom—no, the size of a proton.

Our attention was caught by Fin grabbing me by my waist and hauling me above his shoulder. "I want proof. I want you to change into your wolf for me."

"As if I'd do it for you" I muttered.

He set me on a table and secured a metal clasp around one my good ankle, then another around my neck like a collar. I felt nothing more than a pathetic prisoner. My pride was pulled to bits by the minutes. They are treating me more like an animal than a person with feelings.

"Change or we won't feed you"

"I won't eat what you give me anyway" Whatever they do, I was going to hold ground no matter what. Father always said to stand tall and show no weakness in front of the enemy.

"Just do it!" Angel yelled from where she was squirming on the floor.

"Shut your trap! We're going to deal with you later!" Fin instructed Eddie to gag her again with the sock.

"Shift!" I shook my head. His eyes flared with anger, I glared back and growled daringly. I wondered how Soren would have dealt with the situation. Would dad be proud of me right now for keeping forte?

His frown turned upside down. "What's your name babe?" My stomach churned when he used the same nickname Soren liked to use on me. It wasn't as tummy tickling the way my mate said it. When Fin said it I wanted to throw up.

"Not going to tell you"

"Susie, then..." he sighed. "Susie, sweetie, will you change into your doggie for uncle Fin?" If he was going to talk to me like that I'd talk dumb as well.

"Well certainly not Mr. Fin Shit," I giggled jestingly.

He swooped down to my level and grabbed me around the neck, choking the air out of my head. "SHIFT!" I gasped for air but it hurt to breath. He didn't loosen his hold. I had no choice or he was going to kill me.

When I felt my body changing, the soreness of my ankle turned to pain. It was the most awful shift I went through and the worst part was that the men in the room looked like vultures when they saw the gleam of my white fur.

His hands finally let go. "Magnificent" He crudely took his grubby hand down the softness of my back and pulled on my furs as if they were trapped gold. I turned my teeth towards his arm, but the collar around my neck pulled me roughly away.

"That was a close one, she could have bit your hand off" Eddie smiled, his hand holding the other end of the chain around my neck.

"My friend I think we've hit the jackpot! If we sell this fine canine we'd be set for life!" Fin jumped with joy.

With the little bit of energy left in me I raged like a wild animal for freedom. I tried pulling the chains off me, howled, barked tore at anything I could get my claws into. Then a loud shot echoed throughout the room making me stun still.

I was relieved to see Fin pointing the gun over his head and not at me. "Put her to sleep. We can't have her escaping."

Hoping that the chain would break with my teeth, I started chewing at the metal as if it were hard candy.

"Haw boot mwa"

"We will sell you off too," Fin grinned at Angel. "Not to worry, you aren't left out. Though I doubt anyone would buy trash like you."

Her stained cheeks pulled up as she screamed like a banshee, "WHA KHAS TWA JDFD!" They laughed as she exploded with useless incomprehensible words.

Eddie was inches away from me when he pulled another horrid needle at my way. I growled and bared my teeth. "Easy doggie" I barked as he stalked closer. A hard tug on the collar made me fall on my head. "Good girl" He petted my head and straddled behind me. "This will hurt a pinch"

Meanwhile...

Soren's POV

            Alpha Ivan called for the help of Ashton, Sam's mate. Ashton was said to be an excellent tracker, that's how he got his position as Beta for the Waterfort Pack. Although he belonged to another pack, Ivan gave him his pack's armband to join in on our hunt for Peyton.

            "Glad you can make it" Ivan patted Ashton behind the back. I envied their small fondness.

            "My alpha was glad to help you out sir." Ashton responded with a fist to his heart. "And I would do anything to help Sam's sister."

            "After this mishap, I'll be sure to put in a good word to your Alpha of how lucky he is to have a reliable second in command."

            "Thank you sir"

            I walked over to interrupt their conversation, "Alpha Ivan, Beta Ashton, I'll lead you to the scene of the attack. From there Ashton will take over."

            Alpha Ivan looked past me as if I were invisible, "You heard it...lets go" ignoring his bitterness, I continued past the trees as 12 of our best enforcers from both packs followed behind in hiding. With our signal, they would attack at different angles.

            "Ivan, I suggest you roll yourself around mud" Dad said before he shifted into his charcoal color wolf.

            Alpha Ivan stared at him in disgust. "It's to hide your white coat. It's easy for them to see you if your all white." I explained.

            Without looking at me he nodded. When he shifted, it evoked the memory of how gorgeous Peyton had looked to me when I saw her in her wolf form. Compared to her father, she was smaller in size and Ivan had a more commanding vibe to him.

            "He's just angry"

            "Huh?" I shook my head as if caught in a dream. A dream because all I could think about was Peyton. Was she alright? Was she hurt? Did they touch her? Dous she—does she hate me?

            "My uncle's upset" Derrick said.

            "Obviously..." I said a tad bit rudely.

            "And you are too. It is only natural, but you can't let it ruin your concentration. Right now you need to focus on Peyton. What happened in the past you need to push aside, or your lack of focus will only ruin this mission."

            "You're going to make a great Alpha someday Derrick." He smiled. "If you don't mind me asking, how is it that you were chosen to be next in line if you aren't Ivan's blood?"

            "I am, sort of...distant cousin I guess. I have ISTAS blood in me, but it's a small amount that makes it legal for me to be his next in line."

            "Okay, now I understand"

            "Maybe we should go now"

            "Right" I changed into my wolf and lead the way. Behind me my dad, Alpha Ivan, Ashton and Derrick followed my flank. The twelve other wolves were hiding on stand-by.

            I shifted and looked back at Ashton's grey and black wolf, "This is it." I told him. He began sniffing the perimeter, than followed a possible trail. He stood near Peyton was trapped in the hunter's trap. The memory chilled me.

            He shifted to his human form. "I smell hunters" Alpha Ivan stepped up and took a sniff the trail.

            "I smell Peyton's scent...and them." He growled. His White wolf covered in mud made it hard to tell he was purely white in color, but the deepness of his clear grey-blue orbed eyes still conveyed how unique he was compared to us lot.

            "Uncle, didn't our findings say, the hunters had left our area? Do you think they knew Peyton was here?"

            "How would they, we were quiet about everything" Ivan thought to himself. "Unless you and your big mouth ruined everything!" he shouted at me.

            "Hold on a minute, Ivan. Soren would never disobey Alpha command" Dad held him at bay. "Someone else must have found out without us knowing"

            "Alphas!!" Ashton's voice rang from across the clearing. He was brushing away tall grass as he neared. We didn't even realize he had left. "I followed the trail, it lead me to the edge of a river."

            "Then I guess we're going to take a swim." Dad walked forward. "Stretch out your paws boys, we'll be doggie pedaling!" Behind him, Alpha Ivan groaned. 

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

251K 6.9K 59
[Levi x Reader] A story where Y/n met Levi underground but then he had to leave. 3 years she spent underground until Levi finds her again. Joining th...
Girl Meets Wolf Brianna Imani

Про оборотней

14.4K 656 37
Meet Ashlyn Clarke, your typical self-centered College girl. She cares about herself, her family, and her future. She's a no-nonsense girl, who can't...
Curse of Ferreus An_Intr0vert

Про оборотней

32.1K 1.1K 34
Running from his dark legacy, River finds himself caught in the midst of a werewolf rivalry bleeding into the human world; a low fantasy enemies to l...
Black Luna Old Copy Wolfy

Про оборотней

1.9M 41.9K 33
There is a new version being created Please comment :) I would like to improve my writing skills.