Echoes Of The Heart

By aqsa17

We, the one's born with Islam as a part of our identity, seem to forget sometimes what treasure we own, how e... More

chapter#2
chapter #3
chapter#4:
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter#8
chapter #9
chapter#10
chapter#11
chapter # 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter #15
chapter 16
chapter#17
chapter#18
chapter 19

chapter #1

1.7K 64 3
By aqsa17

  I sat on the wet sand lost in my thoughts. I had my hand immersed in the sticky clay beside me. The sun was setting behind the vast sea in front of me. I had seen this view a hundred times as the beach was not far from my house but it always left me in amazement.

I had stayed till now only to have a glimpse of the setting sun. I did it every Sunday or at least tried to do it.

I had been working as a journalist for four years now and my love for the job increased every year. I had spent some of my Sundays even, working on some of my big cases but I never had any problem sitting on the floor of my TV launch in all those stacks of papers around me. It was because I was doing what I loved the most and I couldn't have been doing anything else. So I finally decided to get up and leave when I saw a man far away in the vast water body struggling for breath. I could not believe my eyes. I didn't know what to do. What could I do??

I felt sweat on my forehead. I ran for the motor boats on the end of the beach boundary. The man was closing. I was in panic. I asked the man if I could borrow it and told him that it was an emergency.

I told him that I'll pay when I return. He gave me one of them. I asked him to come with me. I thought I would need help.

He dragged the boat in the water. I told him to drive while I will be sitting behind him. As we drove I could see the man more clearly now. We finally reached him.

"Take my hand!" I yelled. He hesitated a little and then took it. I dragged him up with all of my energy. When I dropped him on the boat, he was struggling to breath. So I thought of giving him a mouth to mouth. But when I moved closer I heard him say something in Arabic.

"La illa ha illAllaho Muhammad ur rasool Allah" and then he closed his eyes. I felt a shiver run down my spine.

What did he just say? In Arabic?

I shook him with full power but he was dead. I asked the boat man to return to the shore. He did as I said and in no time we were there. I was a journalist so seeing someone die was not something strange but this time it felt very strange. This man had a long beard so I knew that he was a Muslim. But there was something else about him. His face had an amazing glow and a contentment, while he was saying those words. I could not sleep that night

I hope you all like it :)

tell me about it by voting :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 117K 47
She knew that her work wouldn't let her rest, Was aware that every day would be a test. It was her passion though, to see the last smiles, Although...
23.9K 1.1K 59
Heyy. ✌🏼Islamic story. Two broken souls are meant to be together but only Allah knows, will they heal mend their heart or completely destroy them...
1.6M 136K 58
No matter how close you are to them, there are certain things you just don't say. No matter how lonely you feel, there are certain people you just do...