The Power of Love (Max Thunde...

By -babyroses-

(STORY HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED! BUT PLEASE STILL READ) Lindsey lives with her older brother. Her father is in t... More

Lindsey Earnest
Moving to Hiddenville
Secrets Almost Revealed
All Secrets Are Out
Thunder Van
Five Supes and a Baby
Max's Minions
Haunted Thundermans
Shred It Go
Cheer and Present Danger
Winter Thunderland
The Neverfriending Story
You've Got Fail
Who's Your Mommy?
The Amazing Rat Race
Trouble with Grandma
Max and Lindsey; Mindsey
Cape Fear
Call of Lunch Duty
One Hit Thunder
A Hero Is Born
Book 2 is out!
What country are you from?

Change of Art

11K 195 148
By -babyroses-

Lindsey's POV

I was in art class with Phoebe. She was sculpting something while I was drawing some beautiful roses. I love Art, it's something I'm extremely passionate about and I'm really good at it.

The roses I were drawing were turning out to be amazing.

Phoebe's sculpture, on the other hand, looked like it was made by a five-year-old. I have no idea what she was making.

Sarah suddenly ran over to us with a painting in her hands.

"Phoebe! What do you think of my painting of, Max?" Sarah asked us and she showed us her painting. It was Max in a Toga.

"Clearly, you've never seen Max in a Toga," Phoebe told Sarah, making me chuckle.

"I have up here," Sarah mentioned, tapping her head.

"Looks good, Sarah." I complimented Sarah and she sent me a glare.

"Nobody asked you." She snapped and walked away.

I was taken back by her sudden attitude change and looked at Phoebe who was confused by Sarah's painting still.

"Why did she snap at me like that?" I asked Phoebe with amusement.

"She thinks you have a crush on Max," Phoebe informed me and I scoffed.

"Ha, no." My cheeks felt warm for a few moments but it faded quickly. "I don't like your brother."

"Good, I don't want one of my best friends dating my brother," Phoebe said with relief.

"Don't worry about a thing," I assured her and focused on my drawing.

I saw Max walk in without our teacher noticing and sat down beside Phoebe and in front of me.

I rolled my eyes. "Late again?"

Phoebe noticed her brother and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I have this thing where-- I don't care," Max told me and I couldn't argue with that. That's Max for ya.

"Ahh, Max! I meant to ask you which one of your masterpieces would you like to donate to tomorrow's school art auction?" Ms. Madsen asked Max and he went up to her. I turned to the wall of Max's Masterpieces and was amazed by his talent.

How come Max can paint and Phoebe can't?

"Gosh, I don't know Ms. Madsen. There's just so many to choose from." Max sighed, thinking.

"So many to choose from." Phoebe mocked her brother, making me snicker.

"Maybe, I'll make a new one," Max suggested.

"Well, whatever it is Max I'm sure it will bring in a lot of money for the school." Ms. Madsen told Max. "Phoebe! When are you gonna start your project?"

I giggled at her comment.

"Actually, I just finished it!" Phoebe announced. "I call it: Horse!"

"It looks like it was made by a horse." Max chuckled and I giggled quietly.

"Max, funny and talented." Ms. Madsen smiled at him. "And Phoebe... always on time."

Max sat down next to his sister.

Ms. Madsen looked over my shoulder and I slowly looked at her.

"Yes, Ms. Madsen?"

"Those are lovely roses, Lindsey." Ms. Madsen told me, making me smile. "The little water droplets on the petals add a magnificent touch."

"Thank you." I twinkled, feeling proud.

She gave me a warm smile before walking away.

I heard Phoebe sigh. "I don't get it! Why is art so easy for you and so hard for me? We're twins!"

"Let's ask your horse monster." Max offered and picked up Phoebe's horse. He gave it a voice and mocked Phoebe. "Throw me in the garbage, Max! Neigh!'

Max gave his sister a smile before walking towards the door with Phoebe's horse. I saw Phoebe use her telekinesis to make Max trip over the paint cart and made all the paint spill.

"Max!" Ms. Madsen gasped and we ran up to him.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Madsen, I didn't see it there." Max apologized, standing up.

"It's beautiful." Ms. Madsen cooed over the spilled cans of paint that ironically mixed well together with gems covering it. Even when Max falls he can still make a masterpiece.

"What?" Max said.

"What?" Phoebe and I repeated.

"Even when you fall, you create magic." Ms. Madsen explained. "Take it in class."

Phoebe scoffed. "I can do that to you know." She grabbed a cup with green paint and tossed the paint onto the floor. Instead of copying Max, she got the paint onto Ms. Madsen's shoes.

We all gasped and Ms. Madsen glared at Phoebe

"I call this one.... how much do I owe you for those shoes?" Phoebe grinned sheepishly.

----

I spent the entire day working on my art project. It had to be amazing if someone was going to buy it at the auction tonight.

Phoebe texted me earlier today that Max had been using Billy to get his 'masterpieces' from a garbage from an art school. I had a suspicious feeling that Max was lying to us because he always lies to us.

My painting was done and it looked beautiful.

I have no idea who the woman on the swing is. I had a dream about a woman a few weeks ago and I guess that inspired me to paint this. Till this day, I have no idea who she is.

I had about a half an hour to kill before we had to leave for the auction at school.

"Lindsey!" My brother shouted from downstairs.

"What?!" I shouted back, going to my doorway.

"Dad wants to talk to you!" He shouted and I immediately sprinted downstairs.

"Daddy!" I beamed and ran into the kitchen. My brother had his computer out and my father was on the screen.

"Hey, how's my little superhero?" My dad greeted, making me giggle.

"She's great!" My dad smiled at my cheerfulness. "So, what's up?"

"Just checking in with you kids. I heard you have an auction off at your school, right Lindsey?" My dad asked and I nodded.

"Correct, and I have a painting I'm gonna donate to the auction," I informed my dad.

"Not surprised, my little girl is an artist." My dad gave me a warm smile and my brother popped his head in.

"What about me?" He asked, eagerly.

My dad's eyes widened. "Uhhhh..." He pretended like the call was dying. "I have bad reception, I have to go. I love you!"

My dad ended the call and I turned to Daniel. His face fell and I laughed.

"Wonder what happened," Daniel asked and I shook my head.

"Yeah, I wonder what happened." I hopped off the stool, playing along.

I went back upstairs to get ready for the auction.

----

Daniel drove me to the auction later that night and we walked into the Art room. Chairs filled the room with people bantering about the art work that was displayed here. Daniel and I parted ways when I saw Phoebe, while he went to go check out some artwork.

"Hey." I greeted as I approached her.

Phoebe gave me a friendly smile. "Hey, Linds." She eyed my painting. "That's beautiful!"

"Thanks." I grinned and noticed the vase. "Nice vase. Let me guess Max made Billy take it?"

Phoebe shook her head and she had a guilty look plastered on her face. "Actually, I had Billy get this for me."

I raised my eyebrows at her. "Really? Why?"

"Because I want my art to be better than my brother's," Phoebe whined and I rolled my eyes at her.

"You do realize that neither one of you can draw and you're just lying right?" I questioned her, folded my arms over my chest.

"Yeah." She nodded and I chuckled under my breath, not bothering to argue anymore. I walked away from Phoebe for a moment to give Ms. Madsen my painting, which she loved.

I saw Sarah with a drawn on mustache on her face, gazing at Max. I didn't bother asking why I really didn't want to get involved with her.

I went back over to Phoebe and Billy was with her this time.

"Hi, Billy." I greeted the young superhero who just grinned at my presence.

"Thanks for the vase, Billy," Phoebe told her brother with relief.

Max wandered toward us and Phoebe turned to him.

"Sorry, Max looks like there's a new fake artist in the family," Phoebe told her brother with a small grin.

"Its dumpster art don't be too proud." Max rolled his eyes at his sister.

"Actually, Phoebes' is from the museum." Billy corrected. "Which reminds me, I gotta return it before they close."

I gave Billy a serious look and Phoebe chuckled at him.

"That's a funny joke, Billy." Phoebe laughed but she looked worried. "Please tell me that's a joke, Billy."

"You said you wanted something better than Max, so I went to the HIddenvile Art Museum," Billy explained and my eyes widened.

"What?!" The three of us exclaimed, simultaneously.

"Billy, you stole it from the museum?" I repeated in a whispered tone.

"Relax Lindsey, it's not worth much. The sign says it's priceless." Billy assured us and I facepalmed. My eyes wandered to Phoebe and her eyes were twitching in irritation.

"What's priceless, it the look on Phoebe's face right now." Max chuckled and I whacked his arm but he ignored it.

"Billy, priceless means it's really expensive," Phoebe informed her little brother.

"Where do these words come from?!" Billy exclaimed throwing his arms up.

Phoebe turned to us with panic on her face. "We could go to jail for stealing! We gotta go it back before the auction starts!"

Right on cue, Bradford hit his gavel on the podium. "Let's get this auction started!"

"Yaaaaawhoooo!" Hank cheered and I sighed, rubbing my nose.

"Too late." I blurted out.

"I can't let anybody buy that vase, how are we gonna fix this?" Phoebe asked us worried.

"We?" Max questioned surprised. "This is a 'you' problem as in. you an art thief girl."

I rolled my eyes at Max as he walked away.

"Alright, guys, it's up to us. As soon as we get that vase, you take it and return it to the museum." I instructed Billy who nodded.

"Okay."

"Good evening!" Bradford greeted smacking his gavel once again. "Parents, students...Joyce." Bradford smirked at the lady in the front. "I'd like to introduce the only parent who agreed to be the auctioneer. Hank Thunderman!"

Barb rose to her feet, cheering for her husband.

Hank smiled at his wife. "Ah! That's my wife."

"I'm as surprised as anyone else," Bradford mentioned and Barb sat down.

"Alright, uh, let's get the evening started with..." Hank began and Phoebe pleaded it wasn't the vase. "This vase!" Ms. Madsen handed Hank the vase and I groaned along with Phoebe. "Which is made by... Phoebe Thunderman?" Hank was shocked. "Is there another Phoebe Thunderman at this school?" Hank handed the vase back. "Alright, let's get the bidding started at $25. Do I heard $25-" Barb raised her handed. "$25 thank you, ma'am!"

"This is good when mom buys the vase we can trick her into giving it to me," Phoebe whispered to us and I nodded

"$50!" Another woman announced. Impeccable timing might I add.

"What!" Phoebe sighed with disbelief.

"$70!" Barb chimed in and leaned toward the woman. laughing "My daughter made that vase so you understand!"

"I totally get it!" The woman waved her off. "$80!"

Barb gave the woman a death glare. "$100!"

"Okay." Hank cut in. "Can I get 120 from someone I do that share a bank account with?"

The woman tried raising her hands but I saw Phoebe was retraining her from doing so with her telekinesis.

"120! Anyone?" Hank repeated.

"Yes, over here!" The woman exclaimed but she was struggling against Phoebe's power. "I can't raise my hand!"

"Flapping counts!" Hank smiled.

"Does it Hank? Does it!" Barb glared at her husband.

"Well according to the Auctioneer's Handbook-"

"Hank!" Barb scolded and Hank slammed his gavel

"Sold! To my wife who is clearly the boss of me!" Hank confirmed and Barb received her sculpture from Ms. Madsen as the crowd applauded her.

Barb approached us with Nora trailing behind her.

"Mom, you won my vase. Here, let me get it wrapped for you!" Phoebe offered, taking the vase from Barb.

"Take this to the museum, we'll handle your mom." I whispered to Billy as Phoebe gave him the vase.

"Okay." He nodded and left the room.

Phoebe and I noticed a white vase on the table and we slid it off the table. It shattered which gained Barb's attention.

"Oh no, my masterpiece!" Phoebe fake cried out.

"Oh no, the vase!" I put my hand on my chest, pretending to be upset.

"Girls, what happened?" Barb cried out in dispair, bending down to pick up the broekn pieces.

"I don't know, it just slipped!" I shrugged.

"I will make you another, I promise." Phoebe assured her mother who was still shocked. 'In fact, I'll go do that right now and Lindsey can help."

Phoebe and I left the room and Nora followed us.

"What's going on? Why are you two smiling?" Nora asked us.

"Jusr taking care of problems." Phoebe told her with relief in her voice.

Billy super sped back to us but he still had the vase in his arms. "I was too late! The museum's closed!"

"Oh great." I sighed, rubbing the sighed of my head. I saw Phoebe was smiling but it was an angry smile.

"Why are you still smiling?" Nors asked her sister.

"Because my face freezes when I freak out." Phoebe replied through gritted teeth.

"It's okay, you two. I heard we get pudding in jail." Billy assured with a smile.

I patted Phoebe's face to 'unfreeze' her face and she sighed.

"No one's going jail, we're still going to return to vase. We just have to sneak in after hours without permission-"

"You mean break in?" Max popped out with a devilish smirk on his face. I moved away form the door way, shaking my head.

"Don't put Max words in my mouth, you make sound so..."

"Evil? Because it is." Max finished for hi sister. "In fact a break in selfis is just what I need to get my followers back on Evilgram."

I groaned with regret. "I'm so gonna regret this but we could us your help."

Max winked at me. "I knew you couldn't resist me."

"Nora, mom, dad, and Lindsey's brother can't found that we're..." Phoebe paused trying to figure out the right words to produce.

"Breaking into a museum." Max finished.

Phoebe shook her head at her brother. 'Yeah, what he said. Just keep the auction going until we get back."

"From breaking into a museum." Max continued and I whacked his arm.

"Stop it!" Phoebe and I exclaimed before we headed out.

----

Once we made it to the museum, Max suggested we go through an vent. I went first and made sure Phoebe was behind me, because I know Max as a tendency to stare at places I don't want him too.

I heard footsteps outside the vent and waited until he left before I opened the vent. I checked my surroundings before I cralwd out with Phoebe trailing behind me.

I really did not like this.

"Okay, we're in." I stated nervously. "We gotta make this quick. I don't want to know what jail pudding taste like."

Phoebe nodded in agreement.

"Lindsey, relax. I disabled security cameras." Max assured me.

"And I found a free King Tut lollipop!" Billy added, sucking a lollipop. "Mmmm, history."

"Art thief, auction selfie!" Max posed for a selfie with a hammer in his hand and I rolled my eyes.

He's such a dork.

I heard whistling in the distance and I lot out a small gasp.

"Oh no, somebody's coming and we're gonna get caught and I can't stop smiling because I'm freaking out. What are we gonna do?" Phoebe rambled on with a panicked smile.

"I'll tell you what I'm gonna do." I cut in and turned invisible.

"Phoebe." Max said and pulled his face down. "Stop smiling and hide.

The three of them quickly hid as the security guard walked around the corner. The security gaurd passed by smiling and didn't notice us.

Max, Phoebe, and Billy all took place as statues that were displayed on the small stage set up.

I turned visible once the guard was distracted and sighed.

"This pitcher's getting heavy." Billy complained.

"Technically the eqyptians called that a Ewer." I corrected Billy.

"Technically, it's gonna make the same noise when it hits the floor." Billy countered.

I rubbed my arms nervously and decided to turn invisible again.

"Hang in there guys, he'll be gone soon." Max reassured us and the guard strolled by us causing the three of them to freeze.

"Time for my nightly break." The guard said and pulled out some headphones. "My nightly dance break." He put on the headphones and began to beatbox and dance at the same time.

Us four gave the guard strange looks as he danced.

"I don't know who looks more rdiculous, you guys or him." I joked in a whispered tone. I saw Max smile in amusement at my joke.

The guys conintued Dancing and I made up my mind.

"Defininetly him." Max said.

"Yep him." Phoebe agreed.

The guard continued to dance for the passed few minutes and it was started to get annoying. Also, I can't stay invisble for much longer or else I will reveal myself.

I saw Billy struggling to hold the Ewer up and ended up smakcing in on the floor. I cringed at the sound but he manged to hold to keeping a hold of it.

The guard removed his headphones alarmed and scanned the area for a moment before placing them back on again.

The four of us sighed with relief.

"This is not the kind of evil I was hoping for." Max whispered.

"Yeah and I don't know how much longer I stay invisble for." I added on, looking at down at my hands which were still invisible.

"I know and all this gold it giving me a kink in my neck." Phoebe rolled her neck around with a pained expression on her face.

"That's what you're thinking about?" Max questioned his sister

"Well that and I shouldn't care so much about competing with you." Phoebe admitted.

"Phoebe, it's not a competetion we're on a team. I'm the cpatain and you the weird bus driver who takes us to away games." Max informed her which made me snicker.

"I'm not bus drive Sally!" Phoebe scolded her brother.

I suddenly saw the guard was going towards the empty pedestal and I gasped.

"Uh, oh. Bad news guys." Billy warned us. He must've noticed as well.

"Do you have to go to the bathroom?" Phoebe asked her little brother with annoyance.

"Well, I do now." Billy exclaimed before I cut in.

"I think he means the guard, he knows the vase is missing." I pointed to the guard who was investiagting the missing piece of art.

The guard removed his headphones and got on the phone.

"Joe! Joe you got to get down here!" The guard warned the person on the phone. "The bird vase is missing!" The guard laughed. "No! I wasn't dancing!"

"Billy, his back is turned, go now!" Phoebe instructed her brother.

"You want me to go to the bathroom in the Ewer?" Billy asked and he and stood up sighing "Okay."

"No." I stopped him, turning visble for a moment. "Go put the bird vase back."

"Oh, right." Billy grabbed the bird vase and sped over to the pedestal and placed the vase back onto it's rightful spot. He sped back over to Phoebe.

"Good job, Billy." Phoebe prasied her brother.

I turned invisible again and I noticed Max was gon.

"Max?" I said and right then I saw him taking a selfie with a sculpture.

"Yeah, I snuck in here but don't tell your mummy." Max flirted with the sculpture and I rolled his eyes.

"Dork." I mumbled.

"This isn't happening." Phoebe shook her head. "Get back here Max."

I'm surprised we haven't got caught yet, but that guard isn't good at his job.

Max rushed back over to us and posed quickly as the guard turned around.

The guard investigated the unsusal scene.

"Wait..." The guard stopped and looked closely at Max. "Something's not right here either. The guard went to touch Max but thankfully another guard walked into the scene.

Max's eyes flickered opened with relief.

"Alright, what's going on here Happy Feet?" The new guard asked bad dancing one.

"I was patroling not dancing when I noticed the Bird Vase was gone." Happy Feet informed the new guard who went over to the pedstal.

At this very moment, we decided to make a break for it. We quickly made out escaped but remained quiet.

Of course before we left, Max had to leave behind something to let the guards know we were here.

Dork.

----

Billy super sped us back to the school and we made it back just as the auction ended. I hope Nora covered for us and didn't make their parents or Daniel suspicious.

Us four sat down in the back row pretending like nothing had happened.

"So, you're probably stil wondering on where, Max, Phoebe, Billy, and Lindsey are?" Nora asked my brother and Barb. "Don't get mad but their-"

"Right here." Daniel pointed right to us and Nora turned around. we waved at them.

"And Phoebe didn't make you a new vase, maybe you were right to love Max more." Nora suggeste and I rose an eyebrow.

Barb sighed and she and my brother approached us.

"Guys, I wanna talk to you about something Nora said." Barb began.

"Nora's a liar!" Max sneered and Nora gaped at her brother.

"She's just confused. I don't love Phoebe more than you. I love you both equally." Barb explained to the twins who shared a glance.

"I don't think they know." Billy whispered to us and I mentally facepalmed.

"Knows what?" Barb asked and we looked at her with wide eyes.

"That we loved you more than dad?" Phoebe told her but it was more like question.

"And I love my brother more than my dad." I stood up and hugged my big brother. He was confused and patted my back.

"Awwww!" Barb smiled. "You know I always suspected it but it's just so nice to hear." She walked away witha huge smile on her face.

My brother pulled away and gave me look. "Are you going to tell me what happened?

I glanced at the others who were watching us.

"Buy me ice cream and I will?" I suggested and he rolled his eyes.

"Ice cream is always the answer." He sighed before walking towards the exit.

"When it comes to your baby sister, yes." I giggled before following him out the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74 0 7
Dark Mayhem has escaped Mighty Max and is hell bent on destroying all superheroes. When he joins Forced with Mr. Terror, A ruthless villain with the...
33.1K 548 13
You're the adopted child of James Amber but found he hid it from you. So you left to find your real mom and now you've finally came back to Arcadia B...
5.6K 118 15
14-year-old Phoebe Thunderman is a superhero along with her family who just moved from their superhero-populated hometown named Metroberg to a small...
19.2K 415 30
"We're the Thundermans. Which means we're heroes." The Thundermans' love and strength is put to the test in this book of self discovery, secrets, and...